Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:03 pm

ElladanKenet
Nelowulf
I just want to know why you are so insistant on having pre-mades, or canon characters?
Well, we need to have some kind of refernece to the story other then just time, and mentioning events and names. At some point, at least revan and Malak will have to be NPCs.

Otherwise, we might as do this as a post-Kotor RP

Yes, Revan and Malak are prominent figures during the war. I mean, its like trying to do a clone wars rp of the various battles without hearing Skywalker or Kenobi, or doing a rogue squadron without the exploits of han, luke, and leia.

But the thing is you only need refrencing. Not actual playing. Even if you participate in the same battle, you can just as easily just not be in the same area to let Revan do his thing while you do yours.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:08 pm

Yeah, you've heard this before, but that's how we're doing EmSquad, and that one's a success...

elvisnake

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:10 pm

We can try...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:12 pm

It works better when you keep it relatively small scale, having a galaxy affecting RP for the KOTOR would really be a wrong choice.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:14 pm

i'll betcha Elladan is just looking for an excuse to play a particular Canon character.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:15 pm

Its easier to get interest in the RP if you don't confine people to a character.

And with you, or anyone if we slacken the circummstances, gets dibs on Revan, the rest of the players are already doomed from the start. Revan would be the spotlight, and the only spotlight. Even other characters like Saul and Malak (the only ones prominent during that time) would be overshadowed simply because its Revan.

Revan this, revan that, it wouldn't be an RP that imput from everyone is valued. It would turn into an RP that follows only one person, and one person only. Revan.

Eventually, support would just fall away, as people get sick of not getting even the slightest chance for a decent fight or even recognised in a fair way for their actions.

At least, that's my projection.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 pm

You know, I feel really dogged out...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:20 pm

how so?

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 pm

Well... you were kinda being rude... and mean. Maybe I did want to play s Revan, but is that any reason to sneer at me for wanting it? It's really.... well, childish
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:27 pm

*Blink blink*

I'm always rude! what makes you think I'd treat you any different than i'd treat anyone else?!

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:31 pm

It's true, rude and obstinate are the norm from him. stressed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Can it blondie.

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:35 pm

SEE!!!

Anyway, my guys are now completely rearmed, all thats left is to cause some major trouble at a local pub / bar / cantina...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:36 pm

Well.....if that's the norm, fine.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:39 pm

anyone in the guild can tell you i'm a real jack a**.
so quit bitching.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games