Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am
User Image
User Image

|||Third Year|||Ravenclaw|||Single|||

Lyre didn't really care about their pets anymore, no, she cared about this mystery girl from the Masquerade. Dress that's black and purple, black headband, black shoes.... Holy heck. Was she correct?! Had her theory panned out?! The girl dug in one of her pockets, then lifted out a small picture frame. "Did she look like this, perhaps?" The picture was one of her, before she had left her house, taken by her mother. Violet eyes watched the boy, waiting nervously for his answer. Maybe she had just found the boy? The boy who'd gone to every length to protect her. She needed to thank him!

IceGrayWolf

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:07 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Extremely happy
                                                              Thinking : I hope I can see her again!
                                                              Doing : I don't even know anymore
                                                              Where : Lakeside
                                                              With : Lyre

Xavier blinked at the picture. It’s her! The girl from the masquerade! “ Yeah! That’s her! “ He jumped beside the girl, carefully and gently, and stared at the picture. It really is her! Was she a relative of Lyre? Little did he know, mate. Little did he know. But his idiotic side still overrun him so he ended up asking, “ What’s her name? Is she a relative of yours? Sister, perhaps? “ Oh hell, why does he have to act like this. How can he not realize such a delicate thing? Really. “ C-c-c-can I meet her? “ Such a disappointing question from a very disappointing young man. Can he meet her? Seriously? His ocean blue eyes are already looking at her. The girl he protected through all of the madness that happened during the masquerade.

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:24 am
User Image
User Image

Lyre watched his face as he looked at the picture. When he asked if the girl in the picture was related to her, Lyre blinked in confusion, then giggled. He wanted to meet her?! That made this all the better! "O-of course you can meet her! R-right now in fact!" She smiled brightly, dimples showing on her pink cheeks. With another small giggle, she extended her hand, as if to shake. "Hullo. I'm Lyre Lutrix!" Violet eyes glimmered brightly, excitement surging through her.

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Extremely happy
                                                              Thinking : *He isn’t thinking straight*
                                                              Doing : I don't even know anymore
                                                              Where : Lakeside
                                                              With : Lyre

Xavier smiled happily, a little bit shocked and confused, but overall happy. She’s gonna meet the girl right now? The brunette couldn’t help but look around, and waited for someone to suddenly pop up. But then, he froze. Did he hear it right? Slowly, he turned his head back to Lyre. She was the girl all along? She was the girl all along?! All that time of confusion in his mind, his answers were just beside him? He wanted to facepalm himself, he wanted to bang his head on a tree. How could he be so……oblivious? Rising with her gig, he took her offer. “ Xavier Nicholson, “ was the last thing that parted from his lips as he pulled her down to a hug. She might feel awkward, or even scared, but just for this one moment, Xavier wanted to hug her. “ I’m such an idiot for not noticing it… “ He said with a grin. “ I’m sorry if you feel freaked out with the sudden hug, but, just for a moment, can we just…stay like this…? “ This was the girl he had protected. The girl he preciously protected.

This was the girl he liked.

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 am
User Image
User Image

Lyre grinned even more when he stated his name. All at once, she was being pulled down... into a hug? It was random, but the girl didn't mind. She liked hugs, even if she rarely got them. She reciprocated the hug, blushing a bit. "Can we stay like this?" he had asked her a question. Immediately her brain began to dissect it, trying to figure out what he meant. Soon enough, the more logical bit of her brain kicked in. "Sure, Xavier." This was the boy she had been thinking about all summer. He had done so much to protect her, at all sorts of risk. Of course, the Muggleborn wouldn't have been able to protect herself, which is where he would step in, she supposed. She wasn't all that amazing at practical magic, even if she could recite a spell's entire history. The girl laid her cheek gently against the boy's collarbone, soft, red hair being played with by the gentle breeze. Today was a pretty fantastic day.

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhyl walked along the lake, cold and alone. He didn't want to be alone any more, but he didn't know who to turn to. Blue eyes were downcast as the teen walked, not really focused on anything. A small huff of breath turned to steam, then wafted away in the breeze. He glanced into the clear water, examining his reflection. He didn't look at all like the boy who'd come to Hogwarts on that boat, so many years ago. What had happened? Was he just the product of growing up? Was it the fact he didn't have a significant other? Maybe that he didn't have a mommy anymore. Tears filled his eyes as memories flooded his head. He had only been five when his mother passed away, leaving their family in ruins. Would he still be this way if she was alive? Was he just "acting out," as his stepmother had claimed? Maybe he was, but... he wasn't hurting anyone by it. He didn't self-harm, nor was he abusive, so why was it a bad thing? He didn't have anyone to turn to, what with his dad being busy, step-mom not caring, and Heather being too lovey with Chase to talk to. His feelings had been really wonky lately, and it didn't help that his voice was constantly threatening to give way. Dhyl sat down, in the sand, freezing water lapping at his legs and bum. A tear rolled down his cheek,but he didn't try to stop it. It didn't matter, since no one was there to see him. Dhylan glanced up the shoreline, eyes catching what seemed to be a thin chain glistening a bit. He tilted his head, then reached over to grab it. A heavier piece of metal was attached, but rusted and muddy. He looked at the pendant, then pulled his wand out. "Scourgify," he cast, then gasped. As the piece, now identified as a locket, his locket, showed, tears began to flood the teen's eyes. Nimble fingers twitched a bit as he turned and pressed parts on the locket, then watched it fall open. The first picture was an old one, of him and Heather, shortly before he gave her the locket for a brief while. He pried the image holder up, turning it like a page in a book, showing the other picture. Tears pushed through at the sight of himself, smiling up at the camera, tucked carefully in his mom's arms. His lip quivered, then he gently closed the locket, staring at it in his open palm. "I miss you, Mommy." His voice was broken, tears now pouring as his fingers closed around the ice cold metal of his locket. He would never, ever let this go. Never again. It was the only thing he had left of his own happiness. He needed this bubble of joy now, more than ever.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:59 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sweet at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Dhylanspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Concernedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, no... I hope he's alright...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide had been walking along the shore of the lake, her head in the clouds, when she spotted a figure standing nearby. She continued her path, not really intending to approach, but when she drew closer, she realized it was Dhyl, her fellow Hufflepuff Chaser, and that he was... crying? Her eyes grew concerned and she approached him, unsure. They'd never really interacted aside from throwing passes on the Pitch, but he was a nice guy... she wondered what was wrong. "Erm... Dhyl? What's wrong?" She held a hand out like she would touch his shoulder, but refrained. She was the sort who liked physical comfort when she was sad (hence throwing herself at Chris on the beach), but not everyone was like that. Michelle certainly wasn't; she tended to completely shut everyone out. Maybe Dhyl was the same; maybe the reason he was here, alone, was so he could be alone. Except... well, anyone could come across him here. It wasn't like he was hiding. Maybe something had been on his mind, and it had just now really hit. Whatever the case, Adalaide didn't like to see anyone cry. Her shyness was pushed away in favor of a need to comfort others when they were lonely and hurting. She waited patiently, her hand falling to her side, wondering if he'd reach out... or tell her to leave him alone.

'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl looked up at the person who had called his name. Adalaide? What was she wanting? Had they ever actually spoken? As he sat there, freezing water lapping at his legs, he hadn't actually anticipated anyone seeing him. "I-I'm fine. N-nothi-ing is wr-wrong. J-just..." He choked, voice breaking. He didn't know this girl, yet he felt the need to tell her everything. Why?

Blue eyes looked up, almost pleadingly. It looked like the teen was about to start crying again, but he somehow withheld. "You wouldn't understand. No one ever understands. You're just gonna tel me it'll be okay, but you don't know that. No one can tell how life's gonna be, so it's all a crock of lies, isn't it?" He hadn't noticed the intensity in his voice rising, making him seem angry. He wasn't... not really. He was just tired of being told that he'd be happy. Every time he tried to be happy, something came along that made him upset. No matter what or when, if he'd found happiness, life turned around to shovel dirt on it. He was losing hope, and quick. There was no happiness for a guy like him.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm
User Image

Adalaide frowned when Dhyl yelled at her, biting her lip. She wouldn't tell him he'd be okay; there was nothing better to make a person feel worse than such empty words. She kneeled next to him, staring out at the waters of the lake. Her eyes were soft, concerned. "It's not really lies... it's... hope. People say it because they don't know what else to say, and they want it to be alright. They don't know what else to say or do, so they say the only thing they can. But... you're right, they don't know. Unless they can see the future, of course..." Ada's thoughts traveled to what she'd heard of the new Divination professor; apparently the woman was a true Seer. Ada sort of regretted dropping the class now. She brushed the thought aside, focusing. "The only way for things to be alright... is to make them. When something gets you down, you have to pick yourself up and move past it. And it's hard, but... the only way to be happy is to try. And if it doesn't work, try harder. And hope that there's someone there who can support you in whatever way you need it." Adalaide counted herself lucky that she'd never really suffered... even on the night of the Circus, no one she'd known and loved had died. Students were dropping left and right, falling into some mysterious sleep... but none of them had been her friends. She knew things weren't so wonderful for most people. Michelle and Olyvia's father was abusive; Damien's mother was a complete b***h. And there were so many others... Ada sighed. Things could be so hard... "Whatever's wrong, Dhylan... the only thing you can do is face it, and use it to build yourself up so it doesn't tear you down. I get not wanting to talk about it... especially with me, I mean, we don't really know each other... but you can, if you need to. I know that sometimes that's the hardest thing to do... but usually when it's so hard, it's also because it'll help." The tiny Hufflepuff stayed there, crouched next to him, less than a foot away, still eyeing the frigid waters of the lake. Waiting. He'd either open up, or he'd tell her to sod off. Maybe he'd yell at her again; maybe that's what he needed, to yell at someone. Whatever it was he needed... she could at least try to help. It wasn't like she'd get all bent out of sorts over him getting angry with her. After all, something was hurting him, and an injured animal would always attack those who tried to help... people might be more intelligent than most beasts, but they were still beasts just the same.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 am
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl did something rare as Ada spoke. He listened. He didn't speak, didn't move, just... listened. When she was done, he nodded a bit, looking like he'd been kicked. A tear trailed down his cheek, eyes staring at the sand, if only to avoid the girl's gaze. He picked up a short stick, then swirled it around in the wet sand, watching as the wave washed the design, and the stick away.

"Why can't life be like that? Why can't a wave just wash everything away? All the hurt... the pain... sadness..." His voice was halted as if by magic, then he finally turned his gaze to the girl. Why was she trying to help? No one else seemed to want to help him... Out of nowhere, as if on impulse, the usually quite distant Chaser wrapped his arms around Ada, trying to stop tears from flowing onto her. Sobs wracked his body, as he sat there, on his knees, clinging to someone he barely knew.

"Why does it have to hurt...."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:38 am
User Image

Adalaide's eyes were wide when Dhyl suddenly leaned on her, crying again. She wrapped her arms around him, rubbing his back a bit, and stayed quiet. She had no answer for him; she had no idea why things had to hurt, why bad things had to happen. But, they did, and all they could do was try and not let it hurt them. "Life... life is hard. And sometimes it leaves wounds on us. But... wounds heal, and become scars. And eventually those scars fade. You never really forget, but eventually, it doesn't hurt anymore, and it's just an unpleasant memory. I burned myself when I was little, on the stove. I have scars on my hand from it. But it doesn't hurt anymore, and I learned from it. Maybe... maybe it hurts so that we can learn. So we can grow. I mean... I know a few people who... they've lived these perfect little lives, where nothing's ever touched them and nothing bad's ever happened. And... well, they're sort of... stupid. And when something bad does eventually happen... they'll have no idea how to handle it. Hurting makes us stronger... and smarter. Maybe that's why." Adalaide didn't know if any of that made a lick of sense, or if she was just spouting nonsense, but... her father always told her that, when her mind spoke like that, it was rarely meaningless. That it was inner wisdom. So maybe it would help? She continued to hold him, not caring a bit if they had to sit there like that for hours. Something was very clearly very wrong, and she would do whatever she could to help.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 am
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl pushed away from Ada, looking into her eyes. Out of nowhere, an anger bubbled. Fire flashed in his eyes. "A lesson, eh? That's all pain is? So my mother died to teach me what? That life sucks? And my dad married a jerk why doesn't even know my name because it's a freaking lesson?! Do you even hear yourself?! I wouldn't be out here if I hurt myself. I'd man the f*ck up and get it fixed. What would you know anyway?! Not like life's ever given you a hard time." He glared, then plopped back down, this time all the way in the water. Immediate shivers surged up his spine, but he didn't move, instead glaring at the lake, as if this was all the fault of the water.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:27 pm
User Image

Adalaide blushed a bit when Dhylan suddenly went off on her. She didn't move, didn't argue. Pain made people angry, made them lash out. She knew she was luckier than most; the worst thing to ever happen to her was the Circus, and she'd come away unscathed, aside from the emotional scars of seeing people die... but, she had a mostly positive outlook on life in general, so it was easy for her to at least ignore the twinges of pain associated with that memory. Really, whenever bad things happened, she tended to just lock them up and not think about them unless she had to. Maybe she was avoiding them, but... it was better than letting them rule her life. Something it seemed Dhyl was doing. She sighed a bit. "It's not so bad. At least pain being a lesson means that it matters. That's its not just pointless suffering. Is that really a bad thing? Your mom dying only means life sucks if that's what you take from it. When my grandmother died, it taught me to cherish the people in my life, because one day they won't be there. It's all about perspective. And who your father married is his mistake, not yours. As for if you were the one hurting yourself... it's hard to hear it, but you are. You're the one sitting here crying and letting everything get you down. No one and nothing can affect how you feel unless you let it." Her eyes flashed, a little annoyed, but she pushed it down. Life hadn't given her a hard time, really... except that it had. What had happened with Damien when she was little had made her feel like she was worthless. Like she didn't deserve friends. When her grandmother had died, it'd made her feel like nothing would ever last, that there was no point in anything because one day it'll all be over. Her father bringing Michelle home at the beginning of last Summer had made her feel like she was useless and a horrible friend, because she hadn't taken the time to find out just how bad things were for her. And the Circus... bad things happened to good people, every day. But... she couldn't let those things bother her, because if she could change it, she would. She couldn't, but she could learn from it. The point was, Dhyl didn't know how hard or easy her life had been... he just assumed that, because she was happier than him, that she'd had it easier. That was fine; Ada knew that it was had to think straight through a fog like the one hovering over him. She sighed, and stood up. "I know we don't know each other, but I could just as easily be the one sitting there crying and yelling and acting angry at the world, whether you believe it or not. The difference is that I fight to find the sunshine on a cloudy day. And you're not. You're letting yourself be angry and sad because... because it's easier to just give up..." She trailed off... she'd been foolish to think she could help. She should have walked away. Or at least kept her mouth shut. But, of course, she'd been completely incapable of doing so. She'd been incapable of not trying to help... and look where that'd gotten her. She ground her teeth in frustration. "See you on the pitch, Dhylan." She turned and walked away, fighting to keep from glancing over her shoulder. No sense in going back; she'd already said too much, already put herself out there. It hadn't helped. All it'd done is upset her and pissed him off. She just hoped that this didn't affect her ability to play with the guy; if their game started sucking... Heather might kill them.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl glared as Adalaide spoke, not wanting to hear that he was at fault, and he was... wait what?! He hadn't given up! No... just... needed relief? She couldn't be serious?! He'd opened his heart, thinking, maybe she would know what to do, and she yells at him! As Ada walked away, he wanted to say something, wanted to yell, call her back and apologize.. but he didn't. He remained motionless, simply watching as she walked away. His heart dropped, making him feel lower than low. No wonder Minn looked up to Heather, Ariana, Remy... everyone but him. He had failed the people he cared about. Tears poured down, the teen pulling his knees to his chest. Thin arms wrapped around his shins, then he buried his face in his knees. Sobs, loud, choked sobs, wracked his body, but still Dhyl didn't ask for help. His breath felt miles away from him, so he laid over, on his side. It took about half a second for the water to hit his chest and face, but still, he didn't move. Ada was right. He had given up. Now, he just had to wait for the tide to wash him away.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: What's wrong? | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell had been out looking around the castle for her wayward girlfriend with her book bag strung across her back and a huff. She swore Rose wouldn't read a textbook if her life depended on it but could hide like a ruddy bowtruckle in a forest when she wanted to avoid studying. If she weren't so annoyed she'd be amazed! And to think I went through the trouble of buying the outfit and everything! she thought her mind straying over to the surprise costume she had bought to help them out with studying. With a sigh her feet took her over to the Lake her coco-colored eyes looking for a familiar shade of red when she spotted a hunched from over at the shore. Intrigued she wandered over to it hoping it wasn't a homesick first year only to find it to be her fellow prefect. Nell gasped as she saw that he was practically in the water with the cold liquid lapping at his body while he just laid there and continued crying. Poor thing was going to catch his death of a cold! Without even making her presence known the Scot walked quickly over to him and helped sit him back up and away from the water while casting drying and warming charms almost simultaneously on the boy before bringing out a handkerchief from her bright red jeans. "Oh Dhyl, what's got you so down?" Nell asked softly dabbing at his tear stained face as a mother would her child.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games