Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:19 pm
MMOs blow.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:42 am
Umm... Okay, could you actually back that statement up with a reason why? I could say that most to all new Star Wars games Blow... (Which except for KOTOR they mostly do) But do you want to know why they blow? Don't ya kid?  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:44 am
What did I just tell you?

Besides, you really shouldn't call the Mod a kid.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:01 pm
i would say that all the new star wars games have been less impressive because they all focus on the movie eras except for kotor. thats why im looking foward to the new empire at war exp as i think it may focus on ESB ROTJ and some EU  

NickCpointless

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:32 pm
That's a laugh. Its not going to focus late era.

Just because thrawn's in there doesn't mean we're going to have him appear as the Grand Admiral we know him as.

Its just a character ploy. Plus, they made no mention of the Republic, so its still going to be during the time of the Empire.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:41 pm
yeah, alot of them have been sub-standard, but Empire at War was okay in my opinion, so the expansion will probably be okay, but probably not excellent. xp  

JRay18

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:14 pm
Nelowulf
That's a laugh. Its not going to focus late era.

Just because thrawn's in there doesn't mean we're going to have him appear as the Grand Admiral we know him as.

Its just a character ploy. Plus, they made no mention of the Republic, so its still going to be during the time of the Empire.
it isnt just cause thrawns in it theres the super star destroyer Eclipse class  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:45 pm
Cale Darksun

Hah. I am a kid though. I think I'm the youngest here.

As for the suckage:

You pay like 50 bucks for the game, then like 20 bucksa month for service, then you spend hours on end trying to fight past lag and level up, and by the time you've gotten relatively decent, an expansion comes out, which you have to pay for, and then pushes you even further back.

Plus, there's no sense of fulfillment.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:50 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun

As for the suckage:

You pay like 50 bucks for the game, then like 20 bucksa month for service, then you spend hours on end trying to fight past lag and level up, and by the time you've gotten relatively decent, an expansion comes out, which you have to pay for, and then pushes you even further back.

I will agree with you here, MMO's almost consumed my friend's life. DAMN YOU WOW! *Shakes fist*  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:56 pm
My best friend (drummer-dude) has a band.

This kid we know never comes to shows becuase he has to play WoW.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 pm
This guy is in college and we (Cale and I) were at his house waiting for him to finish the game. He complains to the people he is playing with that his mom forced him to get off the internet. The man is in college, he should not be complaining like a thirteen year old! We heckled him ruthlessly after that for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:22 pm
It swallows people's souls.
Truly a creature of evil.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Shade Skypage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:35 pm
NickCpointless
i would say that all the new star wars games have been less impressive because they all focus on the movie eras except for kotor. thats why im looking foward to the new empire at war exp as i think it may focus on ESB ROTJ and some EU

Unfortuneately, all of the Star Wars RTS games have been dissapointments for me. Personally, I'm looking forward to Supreme Commander, which should be breaking down some interesting walls, like its articulate zoom and actually being able to game intelligently with two monitors, and hav it look great.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:36 pm
Johnny Malone
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun

As for the suckage:

I will agree with you here, MMO's almost consumed my friend's life. DAMN YOU WOW! *Shakes fist*

Which is why the only MMO I've played is the very free Silk Road.  

Shade Skypage

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:57 am
As for MMO's, I tried Ragnarok out for a spell.

Cute graphics, which I liked, but the control scheme was hella awkward. gonk That said, I wouldn't mind seeing something akin to it on a console.

What's really sad, though, is when you're at a point where you don't stop playing to go to a friend's funeral. ;__;  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games