Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:46 am
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPrefect

Dhyl went limp as he was dragged out of the water, dark red marks marred all his bare skin, sign of him having been in the water for at least several minutes. When a burst of hot air hit, then a wave of warmth hit him, he finally looked up. Nell? How had she managed to pull him out of the waves? He made a face when the girl scrubbed at his face, but didn't abject. Of course, next came the inevitable question about what was wrong. He wanted to shrug, but instead he unfurled his fingers, showing the locket resting against his palm. "My mom gave this to me before she died. I got mad... a couple years ago and threw it in the lake. W-well... it washed up today. I-I saw it... and I just..." He looked at Nell, her deep brown eyes and caring expression, then glanced back at the locket. His legs were mostly numb, but there was sharp stinging in his face and hand, both of which had been subjected to the harsh cold of the water. After his thoughts focused a bit more, he looked back up at the locket. Nimble, yet clumsy, fingers worked the locking mechanism, then opened it. He handed the metal piece, still warm from his hand to Nell, opened to the picture of himself and his mom.
"I miss her."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:06 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: Awwwwww | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell waited patiently for the boy to begin speaking and her eyes naturally traveled down to the locket in his hands before it was transferred to her own. She looked down at the opened necklace and to the picture of a beautiful dark haired woman holding a familiar dark haired boy close both laughing and smiling before looking back up at Dhyl, then down, then up again before hearing his soft words. Her heart ached for him and before either one could blink she had her arms wrapped around him in a tight hug trying desperately not to cry as well. Poor guy... When she finally felt she was herself again she pulled back wiping away any wetness from her cheek smiling sheepishly and apologetically before looking back down at his locket and passing it back to him. "She's very beautiful, and I can see a bit of her in you when you smile. You should do it more often." Nell lightly teased.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl accepted Nell's hug, returning it to her. When she commented on his smile, a slight tinge of pink hid his cheeks. A small, yet proud smile touched him, then he glanced back to Nell. "D-Dad says I have her eyes. M-Minn got his, I guess." Brilliant blue eyes sparkled in the winter sunlight, seeming to illuminate what emotion he was showing. "What if I have no reason to smile? What if everything was against me? H-how do I keep smiling then?" He was honestly lost. Nell was probably the most smiley person he knew, apart from Ariana, so he figured she'd know exactly what to say.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: ~ | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell was happy to see she was rewarded with his bright smile as he spoke about his family. However her happiness was short-lived when he spoke about having nothing to smile about and a quote resurfaced in her mind and the sad story behind it. With a soft sigh she fiddled with the end of her coat before speaking. "A few years ago my Mum got sick and was back and forth in the hospital. My whole family was worried and afraid that we might lose her when suddenly she became better, just outta the clear blue. I didn't question it then because I was twelve and my Mummy wasn't going to die hooray!" Nell gave a sarcastic watery cheer. "But I got to wondering about it this past summer since it seemed that every year since then she would become so despondent around that time so I finally just asked her about it. She told me that...that she had been p-pregnant but didn't know and because of a little touch of the flu had a m-miscarriage and lost the baby. It was still too early to know what it might've been but she thinks it might've been another b-boy." Here the Scot was trying not to lose her composer but allowed a few tears to escape her brown eyes. "I was horrified and and bit angry that it seemed like everyone else knew about it but me butbut what really stood out to me was how easily she seemed to smile or laugh even after I returned home so soon after the incident. I asked her how she could get over it so quickly and she told me she hadn't, that she was merely living day by day with it. So finally I asked her how she could smile and she responded 'Se pou souri, kè m 'nan kè m' ak souri kè m 'nan je m' yo, pou m 'ka gaye bèl souri moun rich nan kè tris.' It's Haitian for 'Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.' She said it was an old saying passed down for generations in Haiti to help loved ones deal with unimaginable grief. Its meaning varies person to person but I agree with how my Mum phrased it. 'To give examples one must live by example. To send a smile to a sad heart one must first smile through a sad heart.' I think what it means is that...that sometimes horrible things happen that we have no control over and even when we think that there's no possible way for things to ever become better we have to forge through with a smile. Because that shows someone else who's going through something themselves that they too will overcome it and that they'll smile as well." As if by example Nell tilted her head facing Dhyl, thin trails of tears leaking from the corners of her eyes, smiling.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

We're feeling so good
just the way that we do

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl listened to Nell's story, feeling tears trail down his cheeks. Her mom had been able to stay strong? To smile through all that pain? When she had finished, he noticed the smile on Nell's face. Dhyl adjusted a bit, then gently wiped away her tears. "That... Wow." Not eloquent, but it got his point across, if somewhat badly. He pushed a smile onto his own face, then wiped his own tears away. "You have a great mom, and she taught you well." What was with the weird old man conversation?! Finally, having given up on speech, the taller teen pulled Nell into a hug, releasing all the emotions he'd been harbouring for a long time. Maybe now he could smile...
just like her.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 pm

User Image
User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: I hope he understands | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell blushed lightly as Dhyl gently wiped away her tears before sniffling a bit from both the cold and tears. She snorted at his response to her short story, that was certainly one way to put it, before beaming in earnest when he managed to bring back his own smile. Her blush deepened a tad as he spoke of her mother before she eeped as she was pulled into a hug causing her to hug him back and gently pat him on the back when she pulled back. "Thanks, I like to think that. Also umm...I-I haven't told anyone that story. Like..not even Marina or Rose or Ada or...no one. So umm, would you mind...?" Nell found it hard to try to ask him to keep mum about her mother without making it seem like he was some sort of blabbermouth.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

We're feeling so good
just the way that we do

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl smiled at Nell, then listened to her ask him not to share her story. He nodded lightly. "I promise. I rarely talk to Rose or Ada, and I'm not sure who Marina even is. Your secret's safe with me." He snickered a bit, then stood, offering a hand to Nell. He needed to go sit in a hot bath or something, since his legs still felt wibbly-wobbly.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:17 pm

User Image
User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: I'll find her! And when I do.....ooo!!! | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell snorted again but let out a few giggles as Dhyl confirmed his silence. Taking his hand she stood up brushing off any dirt that might've gotten on her jeans and coat. "Thanks. And to think this happened because Rose is hiding from her responsibility!" her voice ended up being raised to a near shout near the end looking around to see if she could spot her girlfriend before sighing in defeat and looking back at her friend with a sheepish grin. Odd, before then if someone had asked she wouldn't have truly considered Dhyl a friend. A close acquaintance perhaps but...not friend. Now she could easily see him as one of her friends. "Sorry about that, I swear if that girl put half the effort into hiding with studying the wonders she could do!" Nell mumbled to herself.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

We're feeling so good
just the way that we do

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

Dhyl snickered when Nell mentioned Rose hiding from her studies. Ever since the year had started, he hadn't really stopped studying, except to attend class, play or practice Quidditch, and sometimes even eat and sleep! "I don't know how she's going to pass her tests. I, for one, am trying for straight O's. I think I can do it." He smiled in accomplishment, since he had been careful to study. Maybe if he got his perfect scores, he'd have an even bigger reason to smile! "I'll keep an eye out for her, okay? If I manage to corner her, I'll let her know you're on the hunt. She can't hide forever."

Wearing
Out Of Character:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:43 pm

User Image
User Image

Wearing #2 | Where: by the Lake | With: Dhyl | Thinking: Awwwwww | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell sighed again as Dhyl brought up the question on how she would pass her OWL's making her shrug. At his goal of straight O's her eyes widened as she thought of the possibility. He was very bright, and always seemed on top of things in class....she could see him completing his goal. "She'll pass even if I have to tie her to a chair myself and magically force her to read!" she proclaimed with a determined air. "I wish you luck on that, I'm going for mostly O's and EE's. But I have faith you can do it, go Dhyl!" Nell struck a comical pose before laughing and grinning widely. "Thanks but I'm sure I'll run into her sooner or later. She has to sleep sometime." she smirked. Noticing they were at the castle she turned towards him and gave him another quick hug. "Don't ever hesitate to come talk to me alright? It gets kinda boring going over girly talk after awhile." Nell giggled before waving and walking into the caslte.
[Exit]
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

We're feeling so good
just the way that we do

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:51 pm
User Image*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor panted as he reached the Black Lake, trying to catch Yesenia, "...You...are...fast!" One could probably tell he didn't get to do this a lot.
He then looked up as he caught his breath, "On the other hand I think we made it here in record time..."

Victor then smiled as he looked over the lake, it seemed quiet, quiet and dark. Though he supposed that was why it was called the Black Lake, "...It doesn't...look like anything lives in it from here, but the water's too dark to see through."
Victor then inched down some more to get closer to the lake, "....Though...." He then picked up a rock and attempted to skip it on the water...which failed horribly as the rock sank as soon as it touched the water, "...."

Mood: Content
Thoughts: What I'd give to see a merperson!
House: Hufflepuff
Year: One

((OOC: ))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia laughed as Victor panted. He didn't seem like he was used to this, then again, neither was she, but more so for him. "Oh come on, that wasn't terribly far," she teased with a grin. It really wasn't something she had done much lately, smiling, and she was glad she had gone to check out the clubs after all, now she felt lighthearted again. She continued her little game of chase, just barely staying out of his reach. She still didn't let herself get within his reach as their attention was drawn to the lake. "On the contrary, there are probably animals that thrive in there that cannot live anywhere else," she pointed out, her eyes lighting up. It reminded her of a book she had read on deep sea life, which had been fascinating to her, creatures living in such a desolate place. She looked over at Victor as he tried to skip a rock. She picked up one that looked flat, and tried it, but it was just as successful as Victor's had been. "Well, it looks like we're both failures. So much for dexterity," she said, crouching near the lake's edge and watching the rings ripple effect reach the shoreline.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Beginning Guitar Bass the Rabbit Status

Squeeky Luff

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Victor laughed some at the comment, "Not far for most..." He then giggled, "My pampered self can't take it~" He added jokingly.

He was glad he had gotten out of his room to go somewhere, maybe he would meet more people if he did that often enough.

Victor then raised a brow, "Ah yes, like Is aid earlier I heard there's mermaids and a squid somewhere under here....I just don't know if I still believe it." He then thought for a moment, "It's true most likely, I'm just amazed it still can happen, you know?"
He then watched as her attempt to skip a rock worked out just as well as his did, "At least we know we won't get a job in rock throwing~" He then smirked, "I'm not sure I can handle that~"

Victor looked at the lake again and got up to get a stick, though he touched it at the very tip, and made sure it was at least semi-clean before picking it up, "....I wonder what the merpeople are like?" He asked while going back to where Yesenia was and crouching down to twirl the water with the stick.

Victor noticed some bubbles and sighed, ".....Hey...Yesenia? What do you want to get a job as?" It was out of the blue sure, but he was honestly curious.

Mood: Calm
Thoughts: So glad I made a friend~

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:00 am
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Slytherin ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
"Well perhaps you should get out more, or does his highness adore his fragile pale complexion?" Yesenia asked jokingly. "Mermaids, your say? Well, it is a bit hard to believe, but after one day of classes, i'm a bit more willing to believe it than when we first came across in those little boats," she said, looking out at the lake where the first years had first crossed into Hogwarts. "Ha! A fine loss!" she replied, laughing. Who would want a job in rock skipping, anyways?

"Well, that could be a number of things. If we're going by the legends they could be blood-thirsty creatures awaiting their next meal. But more likely they're probably like another variation of the human race. Or would that be Witch and Warlock...? Are they another race entirely?" she asked, now puzzled. She would have to find the library and investigate this or it would bother her the entire rest of the year. "I don't know... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what our classes are teaching, let alone figure out a future. Though if it were to be something, it would be something along the lines of discovery," she said, looking at the bubbles. "And you?" she asked before she could run off into a rant of how much she enjoyed discovering newer things.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Beginning Guitar Bass the Rabbit Status

Squeeky Luff

TakaiOokami

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 am

Victor laughed at the highness comment, "Well by royal decree~" He jokingly began, "I could use a bit more sun." He then grinned, "I'd probably give vampires a run for their money at this rate~"

He then listened quietly still stirring the small part of the lake he could reach with the stick, as Yesenia mused about Merpeople, "I'm not sure...maybe they would be another race?" He then thought for a moment, "I'd wonder...." He then stopped stirring as he thought, "I say this calls for gallant research!" He declared, pointing the stick upwards like a scepter, he then went back to stirring the lake.

He then nodded, "Discovery hm? That sounds fun..." He then blinked as he was asked the same, "Ah...I'd want to be a healer of some sort, I heard of a profession called mediwizards...or mediwitches." He then smiled, "So something like that...I just wanna help people."

As Victor continued to stir the lake, he felt a grab at the stick and in surprise, let whatever had grabbed it have it, "...Wow..." he then blinked as he felt a slight pain and blew on his hand, that had a slight rugburn like marking, "At least I know something is down there."

Mood: Surprised
Thoughts: My hand burns now...Ouch...

TakaiOokami

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games