Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:02 pm

Since the first... 1000 posts or so are pretty much introductory planning and setting up for the true storyline, my plans usually have reprocussionary actions.

Like bestine. By destroying their economical system, the sith could move in, and build it better than before. Thus converting Bestine into a loyal world both via contract (a monosony), and eventually in belief.

Plus, since the sith inherit all the unified worlds anyway, the only thing that's left are the few rebelling and undetermined systems which deman to be out of the empire.

Though something tells me I'm going to have to play the role of the entire sith and the empire with everyone against me.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Nelowulf
Yea. Though your acclamator is about ten sizes larger than the original ones, so its not exactly a small target either.

Update all you want, but don't worry. The Slayer won't go down by a simple oversized frigate.
It's not any bigger. It's a wolf's in sheep's clothing. It looks virtually identical to an old one, only that everythings new, and cleverly designed to make it look like an old one. The whole point (at least for now) is to fool people it's exactly what it appears to be, and then jump the surprise.

True, an ISD nowadays is hardly capable of taking on anything new, but for an ACC to take on an ISD is a fairly good upgrade. Eventually, my Victories will be on the par with Nebulas.

ElladanKenet
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:16 pm

I dunno, I'd rather have a PSD than a frigate that's as good as an ISD anyday. I think if we're gonna have a chance against the Sith, we need to have everyone unite against the Sith Empire.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:21 pm

ElladanKenet
Nelowulf
Yea. Though your acclamator is about ten sizes larger than the original ones, so its not exactly a small target either.

Update all you want, but don't worry. The Slayer won't go down by a simple oversized frigate.
It's not any bigger. It's a wolf's in sheep's clothing. It looks virtually identical to an old one, only that everythings new, and cleverly designed to make it look like an old one. The whole point (at least for now) is to fool people it's exactly what it appears to be, and then jump the surprise.

True, an ISD nowadays is hardly capable of taking on anything new, but for an ACC to take on an ISD is a fairly good upgrade. Eventually, my Victories will be on the par with Nebulas.

I'm talking about the increase in size to hold the amount of gear you tote according to your bio.

And an ISD is weak in todays age. A few, like the Slayer, hold more than their own though against your upgrades.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Yeah, how old are the ISD's as this point? They should be way past obsolete.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:26 pm

Read the OGG. My ACC is based off of what Wookie says.

And Gar, I'm Loyalist Empire, he's Imperiliast/Sith. Eventually, and probablly, soon, we will be allies.

And we're nowhere near getting our own PSDs. We'd have to take over either Fondor, Kuat, or Belbringi

...Or make an alliance with the Mon Calamari

ISDs are upwards of 120 years.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:27 pm

ISDs would be at least 120 years old.

And his "upgraded" acclamator, while slower than the older ones, is really still too small to present much of a challenge. Heck, even if you add into the equation the extra size to accomadate fighters (since nothing was taken out), it still lacks any physical punch to damage an ISD.

I mean, it could take on an ISD MK. I that has never been upgraded on a good day, but that's as much credit I'll give it.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:33 pm

I've never been good with specs on ships.

For Legacy, I was thinking of involving a spin-off of sorts of COTGCW's Darksun pirates, only not pirates, but I dunno what a good " base " ship would be.

I'm thinking of having Angel and a few rogue NPCs steal one of the top-line ships, or if doesn't seem too far-fetched, just come up with a " prototype " of my own, never really giving specs, and just playing on like it's formidable and can hold out decently to most of whatever else is actually out there. Any thoughts?

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:38 pm

Nelowulf
ISDs would be at least 120 years old.

And his "upgraded" acclamator, while slower than the older ones, is really still too small to present much of a challenge. Heck, even if you add into the equation the extra size to accomadate fighters (since nothing was taken out), it still lacks any physical punch to damage an ISD.

I mean, it could take on an ISD MK. I that has never been upgraded on a good day, but that's as much credit I'll give it.
Yes, you're right. My Acc is still very rough, and with it's limited size, is still very much a carrier-ship. Hence my reason building it first, so I could take it to Taris and carry a lot of new recruits.

If things work out for me in the RP, My Victory will be on par with a Nebula. Same strategy, though it'll still be smaller than an ISD, and dwarfed by a PSD. Still no match, but it's the warship I'd need to finally go toe to toe with the Sith
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:39 pm

Darkened Angel

For Legacy, I was thinking of involving a spin-off of sorts of COTGCW's Darksun pirates, only not pirates, but I dunno what a good " base " ship would be.

I'm thinking of having Angel and a few rogue NPCs steal one of the top-line ships, or if doesn't seem too far-fetched, just come up with a " prototype " of my own, never really giving specs, and just playing on like it's formidable and can hold out decently to most of whatever else is actually out there. Any thoughts?

Ah, a mobile base, then?

Come to think of it, what would be a g'd latter day equivalent of the MC 80s and 90s?

I also remember Cale having a ship akin to something out of Robotech. ^^

AFK Masturbating

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:40 pm

Darkened Angel

For a good pirate ship, I'd suggest no smaller than an ISD MK II as a capital ship. A Nebula would be good if you grabbed one.

If you want top-of-the-line, go for the PSD Nelowolf wants.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:42 pm

Yah. But, wouldn't a PSD be mighty hard to steal ...? xd

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:46 pm

Most SDs are remnants of the NR and Empire.

However, the Mon Cals MC-100 would be more than equatable. If you're into the battleships, that is. If you're going for fighter carrier-ness, then look no further than the Endurance-class. Basically, its like the Flurry, except about 6x larger and about 10x the ships.

EK, if you will take my advice, I'd suggest a strategy more in line with the CIS naval tactics. I don't think anyone's going to buy a small frigate beating a destroyer fair and square, even disadvantaged. Probably a good ratio is 5 of your ships to 3 of the empires to equal strength.

Oh, and its wulf, not wolf.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:46 pm

Celestia Whitesword
Yah. But, wouldn't a PSD be mighty hard to steal ...? xd
What would Mon Mothma say? Or Leia? Or Han?

Mon- It's for the greater cause.

Leia- Do it. You're my only hope.

Han Solo- I got a bad feeling about this.

ElladanKenet
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:48 pm

I say go for it DA.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games