Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Nelowulf
I still don't know of a real effective cloaking device that would make that work.

I mean, Stygium crystals are rare as it is.

I don't think stealth tech is all that rare after all... During the Dark Nest Incom manufactured an entire class of X-wing starfighter that was invisible to sensors and eyes, so Id' guess that stealth tech like that could be quite common place by now.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:24 pm

It doesn't have to be true stealth. Just SOME degree of avoiding detection.

Like, still visible, but not to radar unless at very close proximity, via jammers or something.

I don't absolutely need stealth capabilities, just that it'd open the door for a few things I'd like to see happen.

Other than that though, is the other half okay, with it being a prototype heavy battleship that can support a few squads of fighters?

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:25 pm

Good point, it has been a while... And I have no problem with that DA, as long as FP says it's ok.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:28 pm

EK: You're loyalist, which pits you against the GA as well. Plus, I don't know how I'd get into a skirmish anyway.

Though stealth technology has always been a pain in the a**. As for the X-wing refrence, I have yet to figure out how they can make a ship half the size with the same amount of power and a cloaking device as well. Never really bought that excuse.

Stealth is never really stealth anyway. There's always at least one way to detect them. Throughout SW history, its been a hard fight to find a working cloaking field that didn't hinder the cloaked people.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:30 pm

Yes it does pit me against the GA, and eventually it will, but I feel like double-crossing. They'd agree to fight the common enemy, get rid of the big fish, and then I can nail them.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:31 pm

Nelo: As to EK being our foe, for now you're the bigger threat to him, and as they say "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." I don't see a reason for us to not form an alliance of sorts.

elvisnake

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:32 pm

Well like I said, they'd be unable to go into hyperspace or fire anything while cloaked if they were invisible cloaked.

Though, jammers could work too. They'd be visible through viewscreens and all that, just not to radar unless they're right on top of you. All that means really is that they'd be able to hide behind asteroids and stuff.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:33 pm

True... but sensor jamming and sensor screening has been around FOREVER in Star Wars.

We really need more people to help prop up the sith, and all. There are just too many people acheing to bring them down. rolleyes

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Trueness
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:34 pm

You're still in a minority.

Krayt may be a sith, but you've got to figure out why anyone would want to be against the empire.

Everyone is still unified (which is Krayt's goal anyway), still under a time of peace. The only thing is trying to explain why people would want to not follow the current ruler, and instead, follow a government whose ruler is dead anyway.

Your case basically lies in the same boat as the IKs. You're loyal to Fel, which pretty much everyone considers dead. If they're not for krayt, they're against the empire. Which makes them anarchists, and members of teh GA.

At least, in public opinion. That's what's interesting about legacy is that its a three-way war.

One wants to stay in power, another wants the same government, but different rulers, and the last wants a new government altogether.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:36 pm

Yep. I'd be playing the major role (alongside FP) of being the Anarchists/Loyalists

It's almost like the Vong War, minus the aliens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:37 pm

Still, none of us are feeling an Omnipresent Sith ruled environment in the RP, everything seems way too free. You'd think there'd be alot more restrictions in place... and a much more obvious sith presence (Can anyone say Garrison on almost every world?)

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:38 pm

stellarmagic
Nelowulf
I still don't know of a real effective cloaking device that would make that work.

I mean, Stygium crystals are rare as it is.

I don't think stealth tech is all that rare after all... During the Dark Nest Incom manufactured an entire class of X-wing starfighter that was invisible to sensors and eyes, so Id' guess that stealth tech like that could be quite common place by now.
What you refer to are about seven ships used by Luke's personal fighterpilots exclusivelly.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:38 pm

So far, I think there's only a garrison on Wayland, but that's understandable. That's practically my only base of operations; I can't afford NOT to have one their

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 pm

Yes, a hundred years ago... we humans had only just invented the airplane a hundred years ago. You'd think something like that would have developed beyond just a few starfighters with technological advancements. (This is also why unless your Acclamators are upgraded to the point of absolute absurdity they'll be next to useless).
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games