Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Old memories
the old incubator Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 256 257 258 259 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:12 pm
bd004
noelle524
bd004
Oh, and by the way; Maha, the F5 thing really does work. I have no idea why I never thought of using it before. That is why I now have 2 skywings and am hoping for more.
f5 thing? inquiring minds, & all that...
walking dragons [actually eggs, lol ]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. * User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You go to the cave entrance and press the F5 key to refresh. You can fly though an entire list of released eggs really quick and snag the ones you want.

I can't wait to try to this. But, wait I must! *sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:14 pm
Now the race is on to see whose egg hatches first - Kimmi's or Kat's? My bet's on Kimmi's. xd  

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:19 pm
Yeah, I bet Kimmi as well. Her egg is older so it will probably hatch right as it passes in to 3 day territory.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 am
I have to make this observation...

Beady, look at your sig. With the way you have your babies currently arranged (stone over paper) and with the slightly cross-eyed appearance of the paper hatchling... doesn't kinda look like your stone is sorta squashing your paper baby?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:55 am
Update time...

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance Dragon Infirmary wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance
Info update: Wednesday, July 23, at 10:45 a.m. ET

* DISCHARGED PATIENTS *

Maha-UltimateDragonMomma has new white hatchlling and a green dino baby.

Emotionless Dream's ornage, black, and fog eggs all hatched without problems.

Mizuki Ayu's the proud momma of new orange and white dragonets.

Willa-Wisp's two skywing eggs have finished playing hide-n-seek since their shells have hardened again.

wahmbulance CRITICAL CARE UNIT wahmbulance

None at present! Woo Hoo!

SERIOUS CONDITION (soft shells and/or sick babies)

None at present! Yippee!

~ ~ ~ Dragons and walkers are napping. Shh... do not disturb! ~ ~ ~

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:59 am
Question to anyone...

I can't find aecy's green egg which is currently shown in the Incubator.

Did she abandon it?  

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:46 am
Willa-Wisp
Question to anyone...

I can't find aecy's green egg which is currently shown in the Incubator.

Did she abandon it?

We will have to find that out after the update unfortunately.
I hope this doesn't last more than a day..........But I trust TJ.
It is nice that if you click a scroll it tells you exactly what he is doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:47 am
bd004
Yeah, I bet Kimmi as well. Her egg is older so it will probably hatch right as it passes in to 3 day territory.

*Sigh* I got online as soon as I can to check on Jaelle, my first Skywing, and found out TJ is doing updates for the Cave. By the small square shape of her red X I guess she hasn't hatched yet. I am quite worried about her since the last time I checked she has about 500 unique views...I wonder if that's normal for an about to hatch egg? I just hope that she didn't get accidentally poked to death by someone clicking on her.... cry gonk  

Kimmiora
Crew

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am
Kimmiora
bd004

*Sigh* I got online as soon as I can to check on Jaelle, my first Skywing, and found out TJ is doing updates for the Cave. By the small square shape of her red X I guess she hasn't hatched yet. I am quite worried about her since the last time I checked she has about 500 unique views...I wonder if that's normal for an about to hatch egg? I just hope that she didn't get accidentally poked to death by someone clicking on her.... cry gonk

*pats Kimmi*
Don't worry. I am sure she is fine. TJ did say that he would credit eggs for lost time.
Oh, and did you see my first skywing post?
It is the one with the sword on it 2 pages back.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 pm
http://dragcave.ath.cx/
All the things that might be coming from the cave..........*buzzes with anticipation*
(taken from the forum and Maha, please read the part that applies to proxies.)
Hopefully you don't think I haven't been working these past few months since the fog. Because that'd just be silly. I've been doing plenty of work, getting tons of new features ready to the site. Many of these features are the results of suggestions, and many were suggested after I had already worked on them. To keep you waiting in anticipation, here's a sneak peek at the kinds of things you can expect to see:

Scroll Sorting:
One of the most common suggestions. There's been so many topics asking for it, how could I not add it? You'll be able to sort your scrolls by age, name, and breed, both ascending and descending. You can even choose your own custom sort order.
(Any dragons that are of the same sort type, such as same breed when sorting by breed, will be sorted by the egg stolen date.)

Dragon Descriptions: Another very popular suggestion. Owners will soon be able to individualize their dragons with personal descriptions. You can change them as much as you want; unlike names, they won't be permanent. Their will be two kinds of protection against abuse. A censor will pick out the obviously explicit words (Such as f***) that can't possibly be accidentally used. Beyond that, all descriptions will require moderator approval before they are displayed. (Sorry, but there are some pretty young kids that use this site, so I have to make sure that I keep it "clean.")

Updated Look: Some of the missing elements of the layout, such as a header and actual navigation links, will make their debut soon. Links to the home page and your scroll will always be within quick reach, and you'll be able to easily tell if you're logged in or not just by looking at the top of the page.

Easier to Use: No more cryptic error messages, or ones that say "the problem could be this...or this or this or this or..." If the site thinks you're using a proxy, the error message reflects that rather than simply saying "FORBIDDEN." If you accidentally put in the wrong password, it tells you exactly that instead of listing 3 possibilities.

Accessing Scrolls by Name: You asked for memorable scroll URLs. You said, "Dragons have them, why can't we?" Well now you do (Or will soon). You'll be able to use both /user/name and /user/n/name to access your scroll. For those wondering, the extra /n/ is there so that the rare/random people with numeric usernames aren't left out.

Dragon Lineages: Now you can tell how your dragons are related. On the dragon's page, you should see mother, father, or child, based on how the dragon is related to others. Abandoned dragons do not create breaks in the tree, so you can see what dragons are the mother and father of an egg you picked up from the abandoned pile.

Alternates: No longer will it be guaranteed that the eggs will follow linear growth patterns. Soon it will be possible for eggs to develop into different dragons for any number of reasons. Random chance, time of day, even based on which other dragons you have, the possibilities for concept creators are about to open up. It also adds a new element for collectors, who will now be challenged to collect all of the new possibilities.

Frozen Eggs: Some of the suggested eggs are so beautiful, someone asked me if I could add the ability to freeze eggs as well. I'm sure this will simultaneously annoy and excite many a collector, as they realize that there are now a lot more collection options, and that it means that they must go and get all of the eggs that they've already gotten, again.
For those wondering, freezing is no longer an option once the egg begins to crack.

Multiple Eggs from Breeding: Those of you that breed to abandon will rejoice. Those of you that don't breed to abandon will probably rejoice as well. Breeding dragons will soon have the possibility in resulting in up to four eggs. Unfortunately, you can only keep one, and the rest are abandoned. However, not all of the eggs will necessarily be the same, so the chance of you getting the egg you want will increase.
Also note that if you don't pick one of the multiple eggs within one hour (You'll be presented with a choice once you breed), then the first of the eggs will automatically be chosen for you.

Automatically Generated Incubators. Yes, that's right. Automatically generated. No more having to update your incubator every time you get a new egg or whenever a hatchling matures. However, in order to conserve server resources, hot-linking will be disabled, so you'll have to upload them to your own image host.

More Dragons: As you can see, the progress list is overflowing with completed dragons. These brand new sprites are so beautiful I'd have to be crazy not to want to use them. I've been preparing a nice large batch of dragons, so they're all set for the front of the cave and your scrolls...As soon as I get them, of course. =P

Obviously, not all of these will be available immediately after the update, but they're all coming eventually. Also, the site will have to go down for a while (1-2 hours) sometime soon while I copy all of the changes over from the test site.

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:29 pm
I actually posted this info in the Dragon Cave status thread, Beady, a few days ago. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:37 pm
Willa-Wisp
I actually posted this info in the Dragon Cave status thread, Beady, a few days ago. xd

Yes...but as you said; Do we read that thing? Or just refer to it every once in a while?
It is good for it to be in multiple places though.  

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:44 pm
Kimmi won the race for the first skywing hatchling!
And it does seem that aecy did abandon her green. It is not on her scroll anymore. But it might be nice if we keep an eye on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:04 pm
i love the new settings. i keep playing with how i want my dragons to be sorted. i still havent checked to see if the who is related to who thing is up yet but ill check that soon. the site looks really good now.  

Emotionless Dream

Sparkly Gawker

Ddraig Asheart
Captain

Dapper Raider

7,450 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 pm
Take that Kat!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Old memories

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 256 257 258 259 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games