Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:29 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Mephis Inferni
User Image
                                                                They're gonna 𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭 your looks
                                                                With all the 𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰 in the books
                                                                To make a 𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔷𝔢𝔫 out of you

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                Where? The Great Hall
                                                                Who?The whole school, all eyes on him.
                                                                Thoughts? Please don't let me be a disappointment.

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Jack did his best not to complain the entire trip to the castle, the girls he ended up sticking himself with almost drove him insane. Constant chatter, about silly stuff, and then picking at the cool guy that was with them. He learned that the man was Kiera's father and Jack just couldn't understand how the Groundskeeper just let his daughter talk to him like that. Imagining himself speaking to his father like that, Jack shivered on the spot.

Keeping himself relatively unnoticed in the throng of students, he felt his nerves start coiling like a snake in his stomach. The Sorting had begun.

Students were called up and set upon a stool, with a hat placed upon their head. After a moment, the hat actually spoke and told them what House they'd spend their time at Hogwarts in. He watched, wondering what House they'd put him in. And then the moment came, his name was called and he strode confidently towards the chair. His face showed no emotion as he set himself down, awaiting the hat to be placed upon his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of a jerk, since I refuse to talk to many people. After the life I've lived, getting close to people isn't easy. I'm incredibly protective of people I care about, yet those are so few and far between. People get in the way and hold you back, it's so much easier being alone.

Raised the way I was, it's hard not to be a perfectionist. I demand it from myself, expecting others to fail where I triumph. I blame my father and his rules. I'll take advantage of any situation I can to make sure I succeed in my venture, sometimes at the cost of others in my way. But I'll never insult someone based on their heritage, especially considering my own. Do you know what it is like being called a b*****d on an every day basis?

I tend to look at the world in shades of grey, everyone has a reason for their actions. No matter how heinous a crime, there is always a motive behind it that drives them to commit it. Same goes for acts of bravery and everyday kindness, very rarely is anything what it seems.

Once you really get to know me, you'll see that I'm one of the best friends you'll ever have. I might get angry from time to time, might not speak to you for a few days without a spoken reason, but I'll always be there if you need me. And if you gain my trust, I have no secrets.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                                OOC:

Because they 𝔰𝔩𝔢𝔢𝔭 with a gun
                                                                And keep an 𝔢𝑦𝔢 on you, son
                                                                So they can 𝔴𝔞𝔱𝔠𝔥 all the things you do

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A perfectionist who prefers his own company,
You do what's needed, and understand others do the same.
I know just where you'll fit in...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:38 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

scurd
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // Standard Hogwarts robes, and his usual 'cow-licked' hair, sticking up on the back of his head.
    -ITEMS // Magical wristwatch, and wand.
    -COMPANY // Fellow first years and Hogwarts peers.
    -RELATIONSHIPS // Family and friends.
    -THINKING // "Wait, what were the different houses again?"
    -FEELING // Excited and elated.
    -LOCATION // Front of the Great Hall.

══════════════════════════════════════════

XXXMuch to the aggravation of the fellow student behind him, Benjamin couldn't help but shuffle along slowly in the line for sorting. He was barely paying attention to the sorting of the students that he did not know, and kept pausing too long to gaze around at the hall around him. Eventually he got prodded hard in the back, and before glaring at his peer, he decided that he should pay attention. His name being amongst the first on the list for sorting, Benjamin didn't see too many of his friends get sorted, but he cheered and clapped for the other students when they were sorted into their houses.
      XXXLeaving King's Cross with mum and dad on platform 9¾ was already a fuzzy memory, and it made him wonder if he had packed enough socks. The train ride had seemed to go by quickly, due to the non-stop antics of his cousin and new friends, though granted he did fall asleep in their car for a good portion of it.
      XXXBenjamin was bouncing on the balls of his feet by now, not only due to his height, but also in anticipation of getting sorted. Soon enough, he would find which house suited his personality, and it made him think of all the stories that he had heard of from his parents and other family members or friends of family. "I guess all of them are decent..." he thought to himself as he watched the student in front of him mount the stool and nearly disappeared under the brim of the sorting hat.
      XXXHe was lost in a stupor of adventures that his cousin had told him about, he could already see the abandoned tunnels, he was finding unused classrooms, or was standing in the kitchens with the elfs and their wonderful treats.
      XXXBenny snapped out of his daze just in time to notice that the student on the stool had just finished being sorted. Before he got another prod in the back from the student behind him, Benny wasted no time in advancing towards the stool. As the girl made her way to the appropriate house table, he noticed that the students there cheered and accepted her warmly. Benny grinned and wondered which house would soon be taking him in. When his name was called, he turned to his friends and smiled, gave a thumbs up, mounted the stool and then sat down. His trainers barely brushed the ground, and he grinned as the hat was lowered onto his head.
      In the darkness, Benny was once again in thought, and muffled out his thoughts from underneath the brim. "Ok hat, dad was in Gryffindor and I'm really brave like him, mum was in Ravenclaw and I'm really smart like her too. But which one do you think would be best for me?"

((OOC: Personality in the spoiler below.))

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      NOBLE Ever since he was young, Benjamin has always commanded an air of leadership about him. He tends to be calm and rational about situations, and it's fairly rare that he would get too angry or upset about anything. For example, when someone accidentally hurts his feelings, he usually smiles and pretends not to be bothered by it, wanting to project a positive, self confident image. But when someone does cross a line, they are usually surprised at the sudden strength of his defensive attack. On these rare occasions that someone does get him going, it seems to them that the storm had burst from clear blue skies.
      EMPATHIC As described by his Oma, Benjamin has always been a good listener, even if he is bored to death. He will always look to understand someone's emotions, and will try to help them through the good and the bad times.
      AMIABLE With his empathetic nature, Benjamin has always been able to change himself around to any person that he needs to be for any given situation. For example with someone that is outgoing and extroverted, he can be rowdy, loud, and social. Though with someone who is more introverted and shy, he can adjust to being quiet and sensitive.
      BRAVE As Benjamin has been slowly finding out, there is more to being brave than being first. In some instances so far, he has learned that bravery comes from doing what must be done, even though you are scared. For example, the time Benny forgot his fathers briefcase in the garden late at night, with no lights and knew that he had to retrieve it for him for work the next day; and so he dashed in and out of the house to get it for him.
      PROTECTIVE Even as young as he is, Benjamin has always had a fierce passion for standing up for his family, friends, and anything that seemed to need help from him.
      CURIOUS As a sort of "Jack of all Trades", Benjamin has always been interested in finding out the ways that various things work. He is constantly wanting to learn, and has, on multiple occasions, gotten a rise from his mum and dad because of all the questions that he has pestered them with.

══════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
      Why not forge your own path?
      Yes you are brave, but I see loyalty as well.
      You're capable of being friends with anyone.
      Why your own path it shall be!

Hufflepuff!

a porg
      Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:39 pm
      User Image
      The Sorting Hat
      User Image

Violet the Maestro
      User Image maisie isolde grimm
      ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

first year - unsorted
                                              So this was the Great Hall of Hogwarts? It was certainly one of the finer places that Maisie had been, and that was saying something. Maisie had been many places, but none of them were quite like the room in which she found herself in currently. Each room was different of course, but the girl was quickly finding that this was one of her favorites. She wondered if her friends at other schools had such a marvelous room.

Speaking of her friends abroad, did they have something like houses? If they did, did they have a Sorting Hat? Maisie would have to send them an owl to find out. For now, the important thing was figuring out where she was going to be placed. Truthfully, she didn't mind where she would end up, but listening to her parents go on about the houses, the girl was quite certain she would end up a Slytherin. If it weren't for the fact that her father was a Slytherin, she might feel a bit apprehensive about this. After all, so many people tended to think that it Slytherin was the house of dark magic. Maisie wasn't sure that her father could even harm a fly.

Maisie's thoughts were soon interrupted by the deputy headmistress calling her name. Even though butterflies were forming in her stomach, the girl did her best to walk calmly up to the hat. She didn't want people already thinking she had a weakness. 'Here we go...' she thought as she waited for the hat to make up its mind.

Personality
                                              ♛ { personality
                                              ┊☆good personality traits:
                                              xxxxx- Ambitious: Maisie knows where she wants to go, and what's she's going to do, and nobody's going to tell her otherwise. She dreams big, perhaps sometimes too big.
                                              xxxxx- Charming: One of the things that Maisie has learned while traveling, is how to be polite. She has no problem telling people what they want to hear in order to come off as friendly, but make no mistake: she's closer to fewer people than you would think.
                                              xxxxx- Intelligent: Her travels and early education endeavors have helped to make Maisie a bright young girl. Not only does she know a lot of information, but she knows where to look for it.
                                              xxxxx- Self-Disciplined: A girl can't be ambitious without having discipline. Maisie would rather only include herself on her entire plan, and that means she needs to actually have a plan and stick to it.
                                              xxxxx- Strong Leader: Group work? No problem. Maisie loves to take charge of projects. She's actually a bit bothered when she's not in charge. She can tell who is good at what, and delegates tasks appropriately.
                                              ┊☆bad personality traits:
                                              xxxxx- Cunning: Sometimes lying and deceit is needed to get what you want. The ends completely justify the means. It's just a matter of how to pull it off.
                                              xxxxx- Impatient: Being a self-disciplined person means that Maisie sets deadlines for herself, as well as those around her. If people don't meet those deadlines, she can become quite irritable.
                                              xxxxx- Nervous: Despite the front that Maisie puts on, she's actually quite nervous on the inside. She doesn't always know about what. Generally she fights through it, but there are times it gets the best of her.
                                              xxxxx- Sarcastic: Being serious all the time is overrated. If a sassy comment is needed, and the time is right, Maisie will totally be the one to say it, or at least think it.
                                              xxxxx- Relentless: Once Maisie gets an idea in her head, she's not likely to change. She can be quite harsh on herself.

┊☆common mood: Maisie typically sees herself as better than everyone else, but not in a way that makes her behave as an animal. Rather, she feels the need to behave so people like her. Certainly people might become better if they had a role model to look up to.
                                              ┊☆sense of humor: Getting Maisie to laugh is easier said than done. She prefers complicated humor, however in a more relaxed environment she is likely to find more vulgar humor hilarious.

┊☆greatest joy in life: Being an only child
                                              ┊☆greatest fear: Losing everything
                                              ┊☆greatest strength: Knowing how to work people.
                                              ┊☆greatest weakness: Seeing people as resources instead of people.
                                              ┊☆soft spot: Any cute small animal. And younger children. She'll act bothered, but she's not.

┊☆biggest regret: One time in charm school, she played a prank on the teacher. She made it look like someone else did it. That student almost got kicked out of school. Maisie never apologized.
                                              ┊☆biggest accomplishment: Once discovered a star that had been previously unknown while stargazing with her mother.

Ambitious and disciplined,
      With a cunning mind and a relentless streak,
      I can see you going far here...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:33 pm
      User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      xx» wнere «xx
      xxxHead of the Great Hall
      xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
      xxxxxxxxxFirst Years
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

αи∂ ∂ α я ℓ ι и g , ι ω ι ℓ ℓ вє xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ℓ σ ν ι и g у σ υ 'тιℓ ωє'яє ѕ є ν є и т у xxxxxxxxx
                                                              αи∂ вαву му н є α я т ¢συℓ∂ ѕтιℓℓ xxxxxx
                                                              fαℓℓ αѕ нαя∂ αт т ω є и т у - т н я є є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx αи∂ ι'м т н ι и к ι и g 'вσυт нσω
                                                              xxxxxx ρєσρℓє f α ℓ ℓ ι и ℓ σ ν є ιи муѕтєяισυѕ ωαуѕ
                                                              xxxxxxxxx ωєℓℓ мє, ι fαℓℓ ιи ℓ σ ν є ωιтн уσυ єνєяу ѕ ι и g ℓ є ∂ α у
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxx αи∂ ι נυѕт ωαииα т є ℓ ℓ у σ υ ι α м

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                              xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                              Sorting is open!

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
      • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm
      User Image

Is there a right way for being strong?xxx
                                                              Feels like I'm doing things all wrongxxxxxx
                                                              Still I'm here just holding onxxxxxxxxx
                                                              Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx ᴍ є ʟ ᴏ ᴅ ʏ xxxxx
                                                              xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                              - - -
                                                              xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                              - - -
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Melody hopped up to the stool when her name was called. She was glad she was at the beginning of the alphabet. But also sad, because it meant she couldn't ask the hat to sort her with Eve... since Eve had yet to be sorted. That was all on her. They HAD to be roommates. She would literally kill a man to be roommates with Eve. That was her prerogative at least.

As she sat down on the stool, she gulped quietly. She didn't know where she was going or where she even wanted to go. She had family everywhere. The only place she was positive she didn't want was Ravenclaw. She didn't want to be like her father. She COULDN'T be like her father. She couldn't She couldn't be anywhere near the places he'd walked. The things he'd touched before he'd touched her mother, and sisters, and her. She couldn't. If she got sorted into Ravenclaw she would burn the entire common room to the ground. No offense to Grace.. but Gracie had never really been a Ravenclaw no matter what the hat had said. Especially not after Dom. She could be a Hufflepuff like Olyvia and Ada she supposed, but she wasn't sure if she could be that nice. She was kind of a grump. Sure she was nice to Eve and at least semi friendly with Ollie... but that was generally only because of Eve's personality. She supposed if she and Eve ended up badgers together, that she would do fine there. Gryffindor with Bas would be okay too. She was always happy to spend more time with her idiot brother. And Slytherin.... well Caty was a Slytherin, and Aimee, and Michelle had been, and Michael, and Dom. Her family was all Slytherin basically.... She could do Slytherin. Maybe. She wasn't as manipulative as Michelle... or anything, was she? She shrugged. She needed to remind herself the hat would decide. She took a deep breath, waiting quietly. She whispered,

"Just not Ravenclaw. please....."

ᴏ ᴏ c.
                                                                  ■ KIND HEARTED Somewhere deep down she is still the sweet little girl she once was. It doesn't show as easily now. It takes a while to gain her trust and confidentiality, but once you're her friend you find she is actually playful, loving, and very very kind. She would never turn her back on a friend in need.
                                                                  ■ QUIET She is not the talkative type. She is quiet and gentle and friendship doesn't come easy to her. You have to be the one to initiate the friendship. She spends a lot of time by herself and in her own mind.
                                                                  ■ SECRETIVE She keeps secrets and she doesn't share easily. She doesn't share her thoughts or her past with barely anyone. She doesn't like people knowing too much about her. Its too much of a risk.
                                                                  ■ PARANOID To go along with that she is rather paranoid. She thinks everyone is out to get her or worse leave her. She's been abandoned one too many times and is terrified of people leaving her again. She has a inherent sense of wariness that leads her to not trust easily and very rarely does she grow comfortable enough to open up. She never stops worrying that someone is going to leave her though. Never.
                                                                  ■ STRATEGIC She is a great planner and always knows how to get what she wants. She always makes sure she isn't the one left hurt and alone. She won't ever let that happen again. She is ambitious about her goals and will do anything to achieve them.
                                                                  ■ LOYAL Although she doesn't trust easily. It probably comes from her being an orphan. Once you've gained her trust though, she trusts with her whole heart. You basically become family. To an orphan that is the highest compliment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxI'm trying to keep from going insane
                                                              xxxxxxForget your name like they forgot
                                                              xxxxxxxxxSo listen close to the sound of your soul
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxTake back a life we led once before
                                                              xxxxxxxxx
                                                              trying to be something more.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:44 pm
      User ImageUser Image

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
                                                          Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised
                                                          I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                          They wanna make me their
                                                          queen
                                                          And there's an old man sitting on the throne
                                                          saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean

Rowan hopped onto the stool when her name was called. She was practically dead last. She shrugged her shoulders. 'Slytherin is where I'm headed obviously. I'm a Yaxley.' She had yet to notice that Micah was sitting at the Puff table. or she would be far more freaked out. Yaxley's had to be Slytherins. They had to be. It was basically law.

OOC:
                                                              ■ AMBITIOUS Rowan is fairly ambitious. Its not always realistic ambitions, but she is determined to get everything she wants. She doesn't let much of anything stand in her way, besides her family. And even then she would probably knock most of them down if they were truly in the way.
                                                              ■ CURIOUS Rowan is very curious little girl. She loves learning new things and reading about fantastical places. She would do anything to know everything in the entire world. Its not very realistic, but that's alright with her. She doesn't mind. She thinks she can make it possible if she tries hard enough.
                                                              ■ DISHONEST She is, what they call an impulsive liar. She rarely utters the truth. Most every word that comes from her mouth is a lie. The only people who are graced with truth from her, are her twin sisters Darian and Tiernan. Everyone else gets lie after lie after lie. But as most know, every lie has some sort of truth woven into it. The bad thing is, she is also very good at lying, so its hard to figure out which part of it is the truth.
                                                              ■ CONCEITED She is highly conceited. She knows she's cute, she knows she's smart, she knows she's a fantastic liar, and she doesn't hide it. Its not that she spouts it out to everyone she meets, but she definitely doesn't pretend she's not or that she doesn't know she's not. That would be pointless. Of course she will pretend to be things she's not to get what she wants.
                                                              ■ MANIPULATIVE She is highly manipulative. She knows how to act and what to say to get what she wants. It doesn't help that her parents completely spoil her and her siblings. She will use any situation to her advantage and has no qualms about hurting others (besides her twins of course) to get what she wants.
                                                              ■ UNREALISTIC Rowan doesn't understand the concept of something not happening or being untrue. If she wants it then it will happen, no matter how impossible. If she thinks something is true, then it is no matter what books, professors, or facts say. Nothing can change her mind.

I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                          They've got the kingdom locked up
                                                          And there's an
                                                          old man sitting on the throne
                                                          saying I should
                                                          probably keep my pretty mouth shut
                                                          Oh, all of these
                                                          minutes passing, sick of feeling used
                                                          If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
      Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
      • Gifting Gone Wild 250
      • Autobiographer 200
      • Pet Lover 100
      PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:51 pm
      User ImageUser Image

Oᒪᗪᙓᖇ TᙎIᑎᙀᑎᔕOᖇTᙓᗪᖴIᖇᔕT Yᙓᗩᖇ

When it came time to line up in the Great Hall, Colton held tight to his brother. It was super crowded! They were informed about the sorting, so they knew it wouldn't be terrible. Calmly, they waited their turn in line, until the last names got to 'O'. With careful maneuvering, the older twin led the younger toward the front. When his name was called, he told Connor to wait there, then he scurried to the front. He sat on the stool with an eager grin and waited for the hat to predict his house.

⤘Personality: Colton is a very hyper child, always prepared to explore and adventure. There is seldom a time when he's not actively talking or running and playing. The only time he's quiet is when he's helping his brother. He's not a very bookish child, but he does love to learn, so long as it's a hands-on activity. While he may be bored doing certain activities, he will always do them, should someone ask. Colton is very protective and fiercely loyal to his brother, not to mention any one else he would ever call a friend. Anyone can count on him to be there with open arms to do his part to save the world.

I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ. Tʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴏᴏᴛʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏᴜʟ ᴏᴏʜ
      I ʀᴇᴍɪɴɪsᴄᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ᴏғ ᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ
      Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴀ ᴛᴀɴɢᴏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇs ᴏʀ ғᴜɴᴋʏ ᴏʟᴅ sᴏᴜʟ
      Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ
      Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇʟɪᴄ, ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ. Sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅ-ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴᴇᴅ, sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟ
      Tᴏᴅᴀʏ's ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ sᴏᴜʟ, I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ!

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:05 pm
      User ImageUser Image

YOᑌᑎGᕮᖇ TᗯIᑎᑌᑎᔕOᖇTᕮᗪᖴIᖇᔕT Yᕮᗩᖇ

Connor let his brother lead him from the boats all the way to, he assumed, a large dining hall. There were a lot of voices, at any case. It was hard to figure out where anyone was in relation to him over the loud cacophony of voices. He waited at the front, glad when someone authoritative spoke, if only to hush the room. After that, the same person called off names, and some old guy (he assumed) yelled out random houses. That had to be someone with the Sorting Hat they'd mentioned earlier. He imagined a grumpy old man using magic to read the hat somehow. Maybe the hat read minds.... When Colton was called, Connor bit his lip in worry, even if he was told just to wait. When his name was called, he took a couple of odd steps forward, trying to pretend to know what was going on. It wasn't until someone other than Colton took his hand that the boy felt safe. It was probably a teacher. He was led to a stool, so he sat, but gasped in curiosity when the hat fell over his forehead.

⤘Personality: Connor is much calmer than his brother, though he's always game for an adventure. He likes to read and loves learning. He's good at homework, though he usually has to have someone transcribe. He has developed a patience about the world, knowing he often had to wait, be it for assistance, or for a turn in a game. Connor not likely to start an argument, or really even to speak his mind if it opposes general view. He is very quick to adapt, and is good at handling change. While his brother is charismatic, Connor gets flustered in conversation quite easily. He enjoys knowing where he is in the world, and will often ask for his precise locations.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ, ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ.
      Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴘ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ғʟʏ, ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
      Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ
      Aʟʟ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ,
      Sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, Sʜɪɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
      Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
      • Gifting Gone Wild 250
      • Autobiographer 200
      • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm
      User ImageUser Image

If he said help me kill the president,
                                                            I'd say he needs medicine,
                                                            Sick of screaming let us in,
                                                            The wires got the best of him.

Arnie floated into the great hall on the heels of all the other first years. While the rest of them were all goo goo eyed over the place, she was highly distracted by the cieling. It was only mirroring the sky outside but outside was much better than inside in her mind. When she was 7 she spent 2 whole years never stepping foot indoors. They had backpacked through mountains and hunted their own food, and everything. Not even a tent. Slept in the great outdoors. It was beautiful. She had learned to fall asleep to the gentle lull of wind and had the stars as her night light.

She grinned when her name was called and glided to the stool. She couldn't care less where she was sorted. With Glynn would be nice. He needed a friend... and she liked him. He was hers. Her friend. Her Glynn. She couldn't leave him all alone. He was hers. Hers. She had claimed him and he needed her. She frowned.

■ LOYAL If there is one defining word for Arnemetia it is loyal. She is completely and insurmountably loyal to her family and friends. She would never betray them no matter what came up. She would take a knife to the back for them, or stab someone in the back for them. Nothing could ever stand between her and doing what is right for her family and friends. She would die for them.
                                                            ■ QUIRKY Arnie is rather quirky. She thinks odd thoughts, and says odd things. She believes in weird ideas and questions basic proven science. Nothing is fact to her unless she chooses to believe it is. Science and evidence be damned, if it doesn't make sense in her mind, she will refuse to accept it as true. And things making sense in her mind is a hard task. Her mind just doesn't work the way its supposed too.
                                                            ■ ANXIOUS She is not a calm child. She gets anxious and uncomfortable easily in social situations and prefers the company of animals and her family over normal social interaction. She doesn't understand people well and gets confused by their thoughts, motives, and words. Even their facial expressions don't make sense half the time. Animals are far easier to understand and her family she has grown up with and learned to understand. Normal human beings are wrong in her mind.
                                                            ■ SHY Arnemetia is very introverted. She is quiet and calm, and she doesn't talk much. She would much rather just sit by herself or take a walk through nature because it makes more sense. Nature and Animals and her Family have a sense of order that works. The hustle bustle of real life is too chaotic for her. She is a sensitive child and even slightest imbalance messes with all her senses.
                                                            ■ CARING Arnie cares very deeply for her family and friends and all living things. She would spend all her day doing everything for everyone else if she thought it would make them happy. When others are unhappy so is she. She wants everything in the world to feel the peace and tranquility she finds inside her own inner mind. Maybe then the world wouldn't feel so foreign to her eyes.
                                                            ■ RESTLESS Arnemetia grew up travelling. She was in a different country, continent even, every week. She doesn't like to stay in one place for too long. It makes her legs ache just thinking about staying still for that long. She always wants to be moving and travelling and seeing new things. Its both physically and mentally, that she feels restless.

The wires getting older I can hear the way they're creaking,
                                                            Won't tell me to stop,
                                                            Thinks that I should be a little cautious.
                                                            Well, I can tell the wires pulled

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 pm
      User Image
      Saio Mio Ukida
      First Year Unsorted
      Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Saio was nervous... very nervous. She was grateful to be off the boat but all these people watching freaked her out. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath as she listened to everything. 'I'll be fine...' She thought still not liking the idea of being in the spotlight. Perhaps if the whole school wasn't staring with those curious eyes, she would be. Saio looked to Mackenzie, Colton, and Connor. Would she be with one of them? Or would she be alone?

Saio didn't know which it would be. Luckily for her she had to wait till the 'U's' came up. That was practically the end of the alphabet. Of course the waiting caused her to be even more anxious. Watching as her friends got sorted before her, the brunette hoped for the best. When her name was called, Saio took a deep breath before walking up. Taking a seat on the stool she glanced up at the hat as it was placed on her head.

Personality
                                                      ■ LOYAL I was taught from the day I was born about being loyal and truthful to friends and family. Although my family was small and we didn't have any friends, I've learned that just one friend is enough. You don't need a big family or a crowd of people around you to feel wanted. As such I'm faithful to those who deserve my loyalty and all you have to do to deserve it is be loyal back to me. My friends can rely on me no matter what, day or night.
                                                      ■ SELFLESS If you haven't figured it out I'm the type to put others before myself and pretty generous at times. I'd have no problem dropping everything I'm doing for a friend in need or someone I don't even know. I care about everyone and everything thing. All life has meaning and that's just the way I see it. Truth is I'd give my own life for those closest to me, my sister being the first on that list, even if she doesn't feel the same way.
                                                      ■ HELPFUL With that said I love to help people. No matter what the problem is I'll try to help even if it's just lending an ear. I'm very supportive. Of course aside from your typical day to day people problems, I also help with other stuff. If something needs to be done, just consider me the elf that gets it done when no one's looking. Sure I help with the general house work when I'm asked but I don't do it to get praise. Don't get me wrong I like praise as much as the next person but it's not all about the acknowledgment.
                                                      ■ PATIENT As I mentioned I'm a helpful individual and I'm supportive. Patience goes along with when dealing with some people. I usually pretty calm and don't usually get frustrated. Of course even I have my limits. Though sometimes a little time and patients makes everything go a lot smoother.
                                                      ■ OUTGOING Since I'm a friendly person it's no surprise that I'm outgoing and talkative. I know one good friend is all you really need but being sociable never hurt. Of course just because you're sociable doesn't mean you're going to have a lot of friends. Just means you'll end up with a lot of acquaintances. Regardless I'll gladly be a happy talkative person that for some lights up the room.
                                                      ■ ANXIOUS Despite being outgoing and everything... I'm pretty cautious of my surroundings. In fact I get pretty worried about bad things happening that I psych myself out. Even when nothing's going to happen I always think something is. I'm alert and keep an eye on everything just to be on the safe side. I'm usually easily nervous and always sweat the little things. Probably shouldn't but I haven't convinced myself otherwise.

With: First years...

Wearing: School Uniform

OOC: ---

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
      • Deal Me In 50
      • Married 100
      • Person of Interest 200
      PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:27 pm
      User Image
      x✞ Esther Charity Spencer ✞ Essie ✞xxxxx
      xxxx
      Time: 2033-2034
      Dressed: simply
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                          Essie's journey to the castle was rather uneventful, and thankfully the castle was warm enough, and soon enough her sweater was barely damp instead of wet from the surprise splashing the mermaid had done to her and Rich. Rich had told her there was four houses and she wondered what suited her. Being loyal and hardworking seemed like the sort of traits that her father would want her to be recognized for, they were traits that Jesus had. Yet, there was Gryffindor, too, and she would feel immensely happy to know she could be recognized as brave.

The hat made her nervous though. It was full of magic and witchery, though she reminded herself that the governor told her magic wasn't evil or bad it just was a part of life for some people. She honestly doubted that it was demonic, but the hat was a curious thing.

When her name was called, finally, she stepped forward, curious to the experience the hat would bring. This sorting was important and her next seven years would be influenced by it. All she knew is she didn't want to be recognized as cunning and ambitious as those were bad traits from everything she had learned. She hoped Rich, even if his family was all Slytherins, wasn't sorted there either. He seemed so nice and open to the possibility of God's love someday. "Focus," Essie whispered to herself as she took a seat, folding her hand on her lap and closing her eyes as she waited for the old talking hat fell onto her head and made its decision. Was it good that such a thing made the decision? She was sure she wasn't going to tell Dad about a talking hat in her letters. Or the roof that was the night sky but wasn't. Or the floating candles. Or a lot of things. He'd make her go home right away and she wasn't sure if any of that was evil. Besides, she had souls to reach and friends to make and people to bring the love of God to. It was a mission!

Personality: Bold, creative, and adventurous is some of the words that best describes Esther. Esther was always seeking out the path less followed and argued when her mother worried about the times she would climb in trees or run too far from her mother's sight that she would be fine as God was always watching her as was her guardian angel. Sure of herself, as much as she is sure of her father's teachings of the gospel, Esther isn't one to doubt herself or the world around her. She is sure that ever branch she climbs on will hold her and every animal she pets is harmless even if that hasn't always been the case. Esther enjoys memorizing bible verses and has always been fond of making games of make-believe where she will dress up and convince her sister Lydia and sometimes her brothers to reenact Bible stories.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 pm
      User Image
                                                    They say we are what we are
                                                    But we don't have to be.
                                                    I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
                                                    I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame.
                                                    I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Darian spent the boat ride talking with her sisters and wondering what school was going to be like. It wasn't until after they were led to the Great Hall and directed to the Sorting that she felt truly nervous. She looked first from her sisters to the hat and then stood stock still when her name was called first of the three triplets. Straightening her back, she made her way forward, head held high as she approached. Sitting down, she felt the hat descend as her eyesight was obscured. "Okay hat, you know where to put me. Go ahead and do your work." She was sure she knew where she was going, and she wasn't about to let nerves get the better of her.

Quote:
                                                    ■ ADVENTUROUS Darian is not a girl that likes to sit about and be idle. She loves to explore and get out there to see and experience new things. She is just as at home exploring the woods or wading the streams looking for things as she is in the gardens and such with her sisters.
                                                    ■ ACTIVE Darian is also quite active. She can't sit down and do more leisurely pursuits, instead loving to climb, run, and do many things that her parents deem 'unladylike' behaviour. This has caused her parents no end of consternation for their youngest daughter, as they haven't been successful in reigning her in as much as they want.
                                                    ■ INTELLIGENT Darian is also fairly intelligent. She picks up new ideas quickly and adapts them to suit her needs when she encounters them, and often doesn't need to be shown twice how to do things. This has come in handy with her interactions with muggles, as she constantly finds out new things about them the more she is around them.
                                                    ■ MANIPULATIVE Darian can also be described as manipulative, as she has, for the most part, succeeded in fooling her parents into believing that she isn't as active with muggles as her activities would otherwise suggest. She is very good at also persuading her parents that she is for the most innocent, and this is helped by being the youngest daughter they have.
                                                    ■ IMAGINATIVE Darian also has quite the imagination. She often makes it her goal to invent new adventures for herself when she is out and about, and can come up with things to do while she's bored outside. The only time she has trouble is when she's cooped up in the house and isn't permitted to do what she wants to do.
                                                    ■ OPEN-MINDED Darian, unlike many in her forebears, is also extremely open-minded. She sees nothing wrong with muggles or those whose blood status is considered 'lesser' than her own, and in fact actively interacts with those types on a regular basis. She also is open to new ideas and ways of thinking, which is certainly different than what her parents wish or expect from her.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, let's make this quick...
                                                    OOC:

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
                                                    Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
                                                    I'm still comparing your past to my future.
                                                    It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:35 pm
      User Image
                                                    Scar tissue that I wish you saw
                                                    Sarcastic mister know it all
                                                    Close your eyes and I'll kiss you 'cause
                                                    With the birds I'll share
                                                    This lonely view

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Glynn walked into the Great Hall, solemn eyes looking around and studying everything. It wasn't until he heard his name called that he glanced up. Frowning, he approached and sat on the stool before the hat descended. He bit his lip and then decided to think something to the hat. "I'm pretty sure that you already know what's best, so I'll go ahead and let you make your decision on where to go."

Quote:
                                                    ■ QUIET Glynn is a quiet child, rarely speaking unless spoken to. This comes from a lifetime of being distant from his family and an estrangement from his own mother. He tends to keep to himself in new situations until he feels comfortable, and will often only talk to people he knows rather than anyone new.
                                                    ■ INTELLIGENT Glynn is rather intelligent, and often has an arsenal of information he has learned over the years from books. He also happens to be rather observant and watches what happens around him, believing that there is a treasure trove of information to be learned if someone pays attention.
                                                    ■ HARDWORKING Glynn works hard, often making sure he does it right instead of taking an easy route. He's prone to ignoring himself at times when he's devoted to a task, and can often forget to eat or sleep if he's too engrossed.
                                                    ■ MATURE Glynn is rather mature for his age. He rarely acts like a child, and often speaks like he's years older than his age. This is a result of being raised in an older community without other people his own age, and he has a hard time associating with people in his age group as a result. He can, as a result, adopt a rather scolding tone if the people around him are acting foolish, and this further distances him from his peers.
                                                    ■ FRIENDLY Despite his seeming demeanour, he's actually pretty friendly. Once out of his shell, he can strike up conversations easily enough, and has a desire to have friends his age. His only problem is his maturity level, which can lead to awkward situations as a result.
                                                    ■ RESPONSIBLE Glynn is particularly responsible, wishing to make sure he takes responsibility for his actions, good or bad. He doesn't wish for others to be blamed for his mistakes, and will step forward and admit fault. He also takes things seriously and doesn't play around when the situation calls for it.

════════════════════════

Thinking: So where am I going, anyway?
                                                    OOC:

Ash

Soft spoken with a broken jaw
                                                    Step outside but not to brawl
                                                    Autumn's sweet we call it fall
                                                    I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl and
                                                    With the birds I'll share
                                                    This lonely view...

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:43 pm
      User Image
      Richard Indigo Devereux
      First Year Unsorted
      Conditional Family Heir

Richard was looking forward to his sorting. He wanted to know whether he was like the rest of his family. Like most whose families were sorted into a particular house, he was eager to know. However he didn’t care if it was written in stone. The sorting hat could place him among Gryffindor’s ranks and he still wouldn’t care. Though the rest of his family might, possibly not his own parents, but his grandparents really would care about the outcome of his sorting. Standing with Essie as they were brought into the great hall, Richard looked around. The table of green and silver stood out to him for obvious reasons. Though, he quickly turned his attention back to the front.

Richard didn’t have long for the last name Devereux to be called along with his first name. Walking up rather relaxed compared to most first years, he took a seat on the stool. ‘Go ahead hat place me wherever you feel works. My family might be made of Slytherins but I’m not afraid to be different.’ He thought as the hat was placed on his head. ‘In fact, I’m sure I am…’ All Richard could do was wait for the answer he sought.

Personality
                                                      ■ LAID-BACK I've never been one to care or worry about things. Generally not much gets to me although there are a few things... like my mother and my sister. Though I tend to keep my worries to myself, I don't need the world knowing about them. I'm the type that doesn't take things seriously. As such I've got no interest in becoming the family heir. Though that’s not to say I'm not ambitious.
                                                      ■ RESOURCEFUL I can think my way out of just about anything. I'm quick on my toes despite not looking like it. My father says I'm a quick study. I only need to be shown how to do something once to figure it out myself. Perhaps I'm smarter then I like to let on...
                                                      ■ GENUINE I prefer the truth over a lie. As such I try to be honest and truthful no matter what. I'm not afraid to speak the truth even if it might hurt someone. Though when saying something hurtful I try to be delicate about it. Despite being a genuine person at times I can come off a bit candid.
                                                      ■ FORGIVING Along with my honesty I'm also forgiving. I'm the type to let bygones be bygones. Granted I will never forget. I'm more than willing to give someone a second chance if they truly deserve it.
                                                      ■ VENTURESOME Despite being lazy at times I do like a challenge. Not to mention the occasional excitement of adventure. I'm not afraid to take risks but I'm not going to take any unnecessary risks. Adventure is fun but remaining in one piece is even better. Besides, if my parents ever found out I ended up in the hospital wing because I thought it was a good idea to go into the dark forest, they'd never let me live it down.

With : First Years...

Attire : Casually Unsorted...

OCC : - - -

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

kiska166
      Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:56 pm
      User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════╗
      Mackenzie Hawthorne
      Unsorted - First Year - Eleven Years Old - Halfblood
      ╚══════════════════════════╝

When Mackenzie's name was called, she hurried to the sorting hat. The first year really hoped she'd get the same house as her mum and make her proud, but even if she didn't, she was sure she'd fit in. After all, students are placed in houses based on personalities, right? So, that pretty much guarantees she would fit in.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm happy. I always wear a smile on my face, and I'm energetic and loud. I can never sit still for too long, literally or theoretically as I'm very impatient. I'm also an animal lover- especially dogs! Whenever I see one, I always run up to it and pet it, no matter how big or small it is. My mum thinks I'm gonna get attacked one day by a vicious dog, but it hasn't happened yet, so I really don't think it will. Dogs love me. Whenever I do something, I always try my hardest and do the best that I can, even if it doesn't always give me the best results. But I try, and that's something to be proud of! And I never cheat, no matter how badly I would do without cheating (whether that's in school or games). I am very accepting of others and like to make friends. I always put my friends first as I think their needs are more important than mine, which can sometimes lead me into situations where I'm vulnerable to having someone take advantage of me.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games