Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:24 pm
Perhaps.
But he did kill the character, there is no denying that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:30 pm
Anyone see Awake?  

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:31 pm
Lets get back on topic here, people.
This is the starships thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:36 pm
Apologies.

Anyone play a PS2 game called Defender? The fighters on there are awesome.

Darth Fury

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:18 pm
They were.

Did anybody every play the game Einhander? If that could be included in an RP it would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am
... stare

I LOVE FRIGATES AND BOMBERS AND CAPITAL SHIPS OOH YEAH!  

Jaden_Ordo

iam_stryker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 pm
My very favorite ship is the Malevolence, with it's superior power it dominates almost any ship out there (besides the Eclipse-class Star Dreadnaught) but the cost is outstanding and the maneuverability is poor, but if there were at least 3 of these ships together, it would be unstoppable!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:29 pm
Malevolence was a push-over ship. It had one weapon, it's guns and fighter compliment were less than what they should have been. Without it's ion cannon it was pointless.

You need something that can stay in one piece even when being pounded by a few ships that can deal out a helluva lot of fire.  

Kiraketsu

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm
It was five kilos long and about half that wide.
t had shut down 12 republic crusier squadrons on its own and had a whole shitload of smaller guns that could rip apart an unshielded venerator.

The only way they could decisevly kill it was ram it into a moon.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:34 pm
Ok, maybe my words were a little harsh. It was a good ship, but still not the best.  

Kiraketsu

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 pm
No, it wasnt.
But Grievous put it to excellent use and did considerable damage before being finally chased down and the ship sunk.
That makes the ship far more successful at its job than either death star.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:30 am
The one from Clone Wars, right?

That IS a great ship. A planetary defense with those would be put to really good use. I love when Grevious used it around that junk field. Or whichever field it was. Hard to tell what's what in that. It's a recon ship's worst enemy lol.  

Valkore Fraust

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:16 am
The Malevolence is a Star Battlecruiser IMO. Very strong, but not strong enough to take on a Star Dreadnaught. Good ship, interesting gimmick with an Ion Cannon too. Greivous used it quite well, 'till it got splatted.

I have one issue with what was said. The Malevolence could be reduced to scrap by many other classes of Starship other than the Eclipse.

Lets start with the Executor. That ship would devour the malevolence. Hell, any of the Empire's vessels heavier than a Star Destroyer would. (Executor, Allegiance, Mandator, Praetor, Eclipse, Sovereign, Vengeance)

Admittedly those without canonical statistics are only conjecture on my part, but somehow I think that the Empire would not make a ship of the same or heavier weight class weaker than a vessel it faced two decades earlier.

The Republic also had several vessels that could take it out, notably the Viscount and Strident Star Defenders.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 pm
I would like to say the Keldabe could take it out, but I know in my heart that probably isn't true. The Keldabe just isn't a big enough ship, despite it's over-abundance of weapons.  

Jaden_Ordo

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:03 pm
Yeah, the Keldabe couldn't. A Keldabe Battlegroup with decent Fighter support could probably do it though.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games