Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 pm

User Image
╔════════════════════════════╗
Oliver Davis
Unsorted - First Year - Eleven Years Old - Pureblood
╚════════════════════════════╝

Oliver chewed on his lower lip as he made his way to the sorting hat. The boy managed not to be nervous his whole journey to Hogwarts, but somehow felt incredibly nervous now. Maybe it was because this was happening in front of the entire school -- students and teachers included. He didn't even really care what house he ended up being placed in.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm witty and sarcastic. I can't help but make comments if one comes to mind, which they do often and quickly. I can come up with comebacks with the snap of my finger. Not literally. That's just a figure of speech meaning I can do it quickly. Sometimes, people think I have an attitude, but I can't help that I find the majority of people stupid and annoying. That's why when I do school work, I prefer to work alone. Other kids just slow me down and if I want good grades, I'd have to do all of the work. I guess you could say I'm intelligent. My mind sort of has this gift where it just picks up information. I only have to hear something once and I can remember it. Although I am not afraid to speak my mind, I tend to stay quiet a lot of the time. That is because I enjoy listening to other peoples' opinions. If they're smart, I learn something new. If they're idiots, I'll find that out and either argue with them or stay silent, but the latter only tends to happen if they're REALLY stupid. Ever heard the saying: "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down and beat you with experience"? Well, spoiler alert, it's true.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:33 pm

User Image
User Image

𝓗𝔞𝔩𝔣𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔘𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝓗𝔢𝔦𝔯

═══════ ═══════ ═══════ ═══════

Vitomir watched on as one by one the first year students came up to put on a raddy piece of leather with a mouth piece. Did they really expect him to put on the thing? It looked like a bad halloween decoration left in the rain and turned into a nest by some wild rodent. What's worse is that every one of the first years had to put the thing on. That seemed like a good way to spread lice and who knew what else. "I hope they at least wash the thing before each year." The boy muttered as he was called up. He fixed his tie and walked up to the stool, keeping himself calm and cool but just wanting to get this over with. He really didn't care what house he was in, after all he was Vitomir Nicoli. He'd make any group he was apart of better by association. "Alright you overgrown dog toy, tell me where I belong. I'm in no mood to have you covering me in your cobwebs and dust any longer than necessary. So let's make this snappy so I can eat and you can go back to the broom closet gathering mildew or whatever it is you do in your offtime."

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm wait you’re asking what others say about me? What do others know about anything. I’ll give you the facts. I’m an intelligent boy with big plans, I’m not the sort to pretend I’m some knight in shining armor. I’m only interested in money and power. I might have some good qualities but they are more inconveniences than anything else like my nasty habit of helping girls who can not help themselves. I guess I prefer enjoying getting into things that others say I should not, like when I set fire to one of my father’s rival’s warehouse. It was so worth being grounded for. I also enjoy making others mad, I’m told I have a dagger like tongue that gets under other’s skin. I rather not do anything myself, I mean I’m rich, I can hire people to do my dirty work for me but only things I can trust them with. If I think a job needs brainpower I do it myself. I don’t like getting into fights but when I do I prefer to fight dirty, using anything I have on me as a tool.

═══════ ═══════ ═══════ ═══════

𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔣𝔦𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔢 𝔰𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔬𝔠:
blah blah

Xistund

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:55 pm

User Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Ivar Torbjörn Eriksson
Unsorted First Year Muggleborn space

"I'd die for you," that's easy to say, we have a list of people that we would take
                                                    A bullet for them, a bullet for you, a bullet for everybody in this room
                                                    But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through, see many bullets coming through
                                                    Metaphorically, I'm the man but literally, I don't know what I'd do

Ivar entered the Hall with a lot ton of students along with him, looking at bit awestruck about the starry-lit ceiling of the Great Hall. This school won him so much as he loved everything that has something to do with space and stars and planets. Actually, Ivar had no idea which house will the hat sort him to as no one in his family actually told him about their thoughts about it, since his adoptive family were all from Durmstrang leaving Matteo the only one who was graduated from that school with the surname "Eide" on his name plate. It didn't really took at long for him to wait until his name was finally called upon, he gave the lady (Amata) a grin before hopping on a stool, with his legs swinging nervously. As much as he appreciated Ravenclaw, he kind of honestly prefer not to be there as it was his older brother's house along time ago. Well, there was nothing wrong about it, but Ivar really wanted to be sorted in something different, something that would make his school life dynamic like he wished to as well as something for him to cast his own shadow like he was always encouraged to. "Um... Hi, Sorting Hat..." He whispered, albeit a bit nervous, "I'm not sure if I could trust you about you putting me in a good house, even if... Well, you pretty much sorted my brother before..." Why was he being skeptical about this, especially to some old hat who sorted Matteo? He should have trusted the hat, but he just could not help but be skeptical about it and it was driving him nuts internally.

Quote:

KIND -- He's both a lover and a fighter, Ivar is a kind-hearted one and was willing to help his friends. He knows when to listen and he's basically a shoulder to cry on, hence he was quite a bit reliable to some. However, he tends to be abit too kind, that to one point people could either abuse or take advantage of his kindness even though he doesn't want to be fooled around. As for the fighter part, specifically to his loved ones, he tends to be quite protective towards his loved ones and his older brother is one of them.

DYNAMIC -- Ivar looks up to his brother who works as an auror and he saw it as a really brave thing to do but even with that, he wants to cast his own shadow rather than be under someone else's as he was actually encouraged to do so. He loves to see something great and likes to do something positively memorable while at the same time he, of course, isn't really being a troublemaker. He's also a dreamer, too-- He tends to dream big and would really like to do something big and challenging, hence it makes him determined and motivated to do things.

HUMOROUS -- Ivar's humor has three types: it could be dry, witty, and puns if he actually has the effort to do so. He really likes to make his friends giggle and would say something that would hopefully be funny enough to make some people smirk. For the most part, he says or does something out of sheer curiosity of how would people react to it. However, he's not really the best joke-maker to some people, as his humor is at most corny and sometimes it's something people won't understand especially if it's wit humor.

BROODING -- Even if he doesn't show it a lot, Ivar has some thoughts in his mind that he decided to keep it himself. Since his biological parents and his aunt died when at a very young age with his brother being the only family he has, he sometimes feel envy to some people who actually have real living parents, even though he already has his adoptive parents. As well as the incident in Hogsmeade where his brother Matteo lost a leg, he's becoming more worrisome and emotional over many things. He also tends to have the urge to be bitter to people around him when he's in a bad mood, so it's pretty much recommended if he doesn't have any enemies.

SMART -- No matter how some serious kids would say that he's a wanker because of his jested nature, he's actually a smart person. It's no surprise though, since it runs in their family and he got it mainly from his brother himself. While he likes reading books and playing classical music with a violin, Ivar likes to research some fun stuff he really loved especially things that were funny, interesting, and mind-blowing. Of course, he's intelligent enough to know when to be serious or not, and he tends to answer things as if it's already obvious (But he does that mostly because he thinks it's funny).

"I'd live for you, " and that's hard to do
                                                    Even harder to say when you know it's not true
                                                    Even harder to write when you know that tonight
                                                    There were people back home who tried talking to you
                                                    But then you ignored them still, all these questions they're for real
                                                    Like, "Who would you live for? Who would you die for? And would you ever kill?"

With :: Hat.
                                                    Where :: Great Hall ---> Hat
                                                    Wearing :: Uniform

Out.Of.Character :: Personality under Spoiler.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 am

User Image

R E Y N AxxxW H Y T E

FIRST YEAR xxx xxxUNSORTED xxx xxxHALFBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When her name was called, Rey was one of the few students left who hadn't been sorted. She didn't know about the Sorting Hat before-hand; it was one of the surprises her parents mentioned she'd encounter (she refused to think of another unpleasant surprise she'd experienced, the result of which was still soaked inside her bag). She didn't mind though, she was startled at first when it started singing but otherwise, the thought of a singing hat that sorted her into a house was quite cool even though she was a bit worried about how it would sort her.

She walked up onto the stool and sat down, waiting. She hadn't thought of which house she'd like to be in, but she didn't mind any of the houses. It would be nice if I was in Ravenclaw or Slytherin like mum and dad though...

When the hat was put on her head, she took a deep breath. "Here it goes," she whispered to herself.

Quote:
                                                    PERSONALITY TRAITS:
                                                      Inquisitive: Reyna loves learning and has a thirst for knowledge. She would read and listen to anything as long as the subject matter is interesting. She always takes the opportunity to ask questions and would not stop until she fully understands a subject.

Logical: Perhaps because of her love of science and maths, or maybe she loves them because of this, Reyna has a rational and logical mind. Everything happens for a reason and because of her inquisitiveness, she likes to know what those reasons are. She never does anything without knowing the why’s and the for what’s. This is why she hates bullies, or stupid things like the superiority complex of many pure-bloods because to her, that behavior is not rational; there’s no reason to do them, there’s no positive outcome to them and most of the time, they act on flawed logic. This is also why she initially disliked magic but after realizing that magic has it’s own set of rules and logic, she embraced it like she embraced science.

Perceptive: Because she’s spent so much time reading and solving puzzles as a child, Reyna has become very good at noticing small changes and details, especially in people’s behaviour, and is very good at recognizing patterns and interpreting them.

Manipulative: Reyna can also be manipulative when the situation calls for it. She is very good at lying and can make convincing ones up on the spot; she uses this combined with her perceptiveness and skill at reading body language to get out trouble. She doesn't do this out maliciousness and never does it when other people could get hurt as a result.

Loyal: Reyna is extremely loyal to people she’s close to, especially her family and friends. She is fiercely protective of her precious people and if anyone harms them, she retaliates with prejudice. She supports them as much as she could and would do anything to protect them. To her, one of the worst things people could do was to betray their friends and relatives and she considers and treats traitors and backstabbers like scum.

Sarcastic: Like most of her family (especially her parents), Reyna is sarcastic and has a dry sense of humor. If it can be said sarcastically, she will do it, which sometimes makes it hard for people to tell whether she’s joking or not. Reyna often finds herself assuring people that yes, she was just joking.

Aggressive: It’s not easy to get Reyna angry, but when she does, she becomes very aggressive and confrontational. While she’s never the first to throw a punch, she doesn’t hesitate to retaliate and can hold her own, whether it be in a brawl or in a duel, and she doesn’t pull her punches and even resorts to cheap shots if needed. Her aggressiveness isn’t always physical; when challenged or when someone makes a statement or does something she finds stupid, she engages in arguments and can be very caustic. Because of her stubbornness, she hates to admit that she’s wrong in an argument. Even though she almost always apologizes when she’s calmed down, especially when she’s in the wrong, it still causes tension between her and her classmates.

Ambitious: Ever since she was nine, Reyna’s goal was to become the Minister for Magic to help improve the lives of her loved ones. Excluding that, Reyna is a naturally competitive person and she loves to be the best, whether it was in academics or in sports, it doesn’t matter, and she always keeps high standards for herself. Whenever she has a goal, she’s determined to complete it to the absolute best of her ability, something that sometimes puts off her friends.

Introverted: While Reyna has no trouble talking to people and making acquaintances, she doesn’t make close friends easily. She enjoys spending time with her friends and she’s very cheerful and talkative with them, but if she doesn’t know them well, she would make small talk but would much rather do other things. That is why unless she is with friends, she hates big social events because she would get bored and lonely quite easily.

Active: Reyna enjoys being active and playing games and sports. She especially loves to explore her surroundings, especially natural surroundings, climbing trees and rocks. She is eager to join any game or sport, which sometimes conflicts with her more relaxed nature as she would also enjoy just sitting and talking to her friends or reading and solving puzzles.

Laid-Back: Reyna is very laid-back. While she does have a temper, it’s not easy to make her angry and she usually ignores any insults to herself. She does not like stressing too much and is generally open-minded; she doesn’t believe in dwelling in the past as there’s nothing you can do about past mistakes while you can work to do better in the future. However, sometimes, she is too laid-back and can put off doing things she dislikes or despises until the last minute.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l y
                                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                    a txxthe Great Hall
                                                    w i t hxxthe Sorting Hat
                                                    t h i n k i n gxxi wonder what i'll be
                                                    f e e l i n gxxexcited

o o c
                                                    ━━━━
                                                    - - - - - - -

oyehh

Feral Fairy

25,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:35 am

Oh, I know, I can feel the shifting in my bones...
Enclosed are the senses so unknown.
I've been changing, falling, fading-
There's demons at the door patiently waiting.
But I wasn't composed of broken bones or demon limbs;
So please watch over me and be the light to carry me.
This change is all so permanent.

User Image
𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓇𝓃𝒶𝓃
𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓉
𝓎𝒶𝓍𝓁𝑒𝓎

FIRST YEAR │ PUREBLOOD │ TRIPLET

Tiernan was the picture of serenity approaching the hat, and even swung her legs rather chipperly as it was placed atop her thick head of dark hair. She'd rather enjoyed the boat ride, and while the trek up to the castle had been tiring for someone with very short legs, she had an entire night of feasting with her sisters to look forward to. Together. 'Slytherin, please,' she requested inside her mind politely, and closed her eyes, waiting to be sorted. Any moment now...

OOC:
■ CHEERFUL Most quickly notice how happy Tiernan always seems to be; she's generally optimistic no matter the mood around her. She tends to think the best of everything and everyone, and she's quite extroverted and friendly, even to perfect strangers. Of course, cheeriness doesn't always equal contentment, as she is quick to admit. As bubbly as she tends to be, she is also constantly on the move, looking for something new to make her happy.
■ INQUISITIVE Tiernan is constantly asking questions about everyone and everything. There are no limits to her curiosity, and she can be quite tactless about it. She always wants to know more, to learn more, not for any practical, concrete reasons, but just so she can fill her head up with new information about the world around her. Eager to hear about anything, she's inclined to gossip and to wild theories, which always makes things interesting.
■ ELOQUENT Tiernan can be very persuasive, especially because of how smoothly she can phrase things. Language is one of her talents, be it English, parseltongue, or writing. She's extremely articulate for her age and rarely at a loss for words. Because of this adults tend to find her very charming, and it only encourages her more. She speaks so seriously and earnestly it can be hard not to want to believe her, even if she isn't making any logical sense.
■ CONTRARY Tiernan does not enjoy being ordered about and isn't above doing the exact opposite of what she was told or 'mishearing' things. She does love a good back and forth debate and as such is inclined to disagree, and to prod at others until they give her something to gleefully respond to. If she doesn't get her way she's inclined to not cooperate, and isn't above wrecking other people's plans purely out of perverse spite.
■ DISSATISFIED Never satisfied with her lot in life, Tiernan always wants more, more, more. More of what, it depends on the situation, but she is always restless, never fully at ease with herself or her surroundings. Tiernan truly believes things could always be better, and she's not willing to settle for anything less. Despite her optimistic outlook she's always yearning for things just out of her reach, and unwilling to stop trying to get them.
■ UNREALISTIC Tiernan's expectations will always exceed reality. Rational as she is, she's not one for practicalities, and her head is, if not in the clouds, never quite on the same plane of existence as everyone else. She thinks big, and rarely does anything truly match what she really wants. Unfortunately, this often leaves her disappointed, but she's quick to bounce back. Tiernan is an idealist who knows the ideal will never be the real.

Can't you see the change in me?
There's no placement, no arrangement-
Of words that I could say to keep these changes away.
This world is a masterpiece...
A canvas sheet accountable for such losses.
Shout out to the artist who took his heart and his soul,
And lost them both in the process.
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:28 pm

User Image
User Image

User Image

'I don't care where I go,' Gavin quickly came to realize as the line of students ahead of him began to diminish. 'I just want opportunity.' Would Slytherin provide him that? Ophelia seemed to think so, but his little sister was only just beginning to learn the art of deception. Gavin Selwyn had the saving grace of a bullheaded older brother, someone he could watch and learn from. Calculate all the errors to never make that mistake himself. But, that bullheaded brother of his had made quite a few enemies while in the house of Slytherin. Had gained little influence with his peers and a bit of nasty reputation as well. Gavin wouldn't follow in those footsteps. But that posed a difficult problem. To break away from the restraints that come with the house of his ancestors would mean to sully himself, his name, and his reputation, by rubbing elbows with the likes of mudbloods. 'If they're competent I wouldn't mind, I suppose.' So which house does he want? Slytherin? Or Ravenclaw? He ought to be perfect for both, but it didn't matter what he thought or how he felt. It was up to the hat. A rather.. dusty... looking hat at that. 'Just when was the last time that thing has been washed?' Then his name was called. Sucking in a sharp breath, he strolled proudly up to the stool and eased gently into the seat. Both eyes darted overhead as he watched the shadows flutter over his brow before moving to stare out over the sea of students.

■ CHARMING Easy going, talkative, and entertaining; Gavin is charismatic and thrives in social settings. When necessary, he can be well-spoken and well-mannered, and at the drop of a hat, is warm, empathetic, and forgiving the next. As an extrovert, he's always willing to engage in pleasant conversation (especially with lovely girls.)
        ■ RESILIENT Gavin is persistent, if nothing else. If he falls, he will always get back up. He has the will and determination to withstand anything. He is strong, enduring, and has the patience to practice, practice, practice, until he's overcome his obstacle.
        ■ ADAPTABLE Highly observant and intuitive, he notices the small details and fluctuations of emotions in a group of people. He can change to take on different persona's in order to best blend in with the group he's in. It might seem two-faced, but his only intention is to thrive in every given situation.
        ■ CAUTIOUS Vigil and tentative, Gavin is one to measure, evaluate and plan before ever striking an attack. He'd rather take the time to find the best possible solution to any given problem. "Think smarter, not harder" is a quote he lives by. He's the type of person to stay on guard, in defense, and watch his enemies attacks and movements for a pattern to exploit.
        ■ IMAGINATIVE Creative, inventive, and unorthodox. Gavin prefers to think outside the box and approach his problems from an unbiased perspective analyzing both points of view. He is a dreamer, and a bit of a hopeless romantic (even though he rather fears commitment.) And quite the storyteller as well, thanks to the nightly bedtime stories he gives his baby sister every night.
        ■ CLEVER Witty and intellectual, he has a strong mind adept in critical thinking and logical reasoning. He has a knack for learning things quickly, but because of that, he gets bored just as fast and will occasionally seek out ways to cure that boredom. Despite his sharp mind, he has poor memory. And will likely forget a lesson or lecture days after he's learned it if he doesn't consistently practice.

[OOC://xXxXx]

╔════════════════════╗
The Sorting Hat
Uniform
11 yrs4' 8½"89lbs
╚════════════════════╝

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
User Image

Is there a right way for being strong?xxx
                                                          Feels like I'm doing things all wrongxxxxxx
                                                          Still I'm here just holding onxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Confess my heart and forgive my wrongs.xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx ᴍ є ʟ ᴏ ᴅ ʏ xxxxx
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Melody hopped up to the stool when her name was called. She was glad she was at the beginning of the alphabet. But also sad, because it meant she couldn't ask the hat to sort her with Eve... since Eve had yet to be sorted. That was all on her. They HAD to be roommates. She would literally kill a man to be roommates with Eve. That was her prerogative at least.

As she sat down on the stool, she gulped quietly. She didn't know where she was going or where she even wanted to go. She had family everywhere. The only place she was positive she didn't want was Ravenclaw. She didn't want to be like her father. She COULDN'T be like her father. She couldn't She couldn't be anywhere near the places he'd walked. The things he'd touched before he'd touched her mother, and sisters, and her. She couldn't. If she got sorted into Ravenclaw she would burn the entire common room to the ground. No offense to Grace.. but Gracie had never really been a Ravenclaw no matter what the hat had said. Especially not after Dom. She could be a Hufflepuff like Olyvia and Ada she supposed, but she wasn't sure if she could be that nice. She was kind of a grump. Sure she was nice to Eve and at least semi friendly with Ollie... but that was generally only because of Eve's personality. She supposed if she and Eve ended up badgers together, that she would do fine there. Gryffindor with Bas would be okay too. She was always happy to spend more time with her idiot brother. And Slytherin.... well Caty was a Slytherin, and Aimee, and Michelle had been, and Michael, and Dom. Her family was all Slytherin basically.... She could do Slytherin. Maybe. She wasn't as manipulative as Michelle... or anything, was she? She shrugged. She needed to remind herself the hat would decide. She took a deep breath, waiting quietly. She whispered,

"Just not Ravenclaw. please....."

ᴏ ᴏ c.
                                                          xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ■ KIND HEARTED Somewhere deep down she is still the sweet little girl she once was. It doesn't show as easily now. It takes a while to gain her trust and confidentiality, but once you're her friend you find she is actually playful, loving, and very very kind. She would never turn her back on a friend in need.
                                                              ■ QUIET She is not the talkative type. She is quiet and gentle and friendship doesn't come easy to her. You have to be the one to initiate the friendship. She spends a lot of time by herself and in her own mind.
                                                              ■ SECRETIVE She keeps secrets and she doesn't share easily. She doesn't share her thoughts or her past with barely anyone. She doesn't like people knowing too much about her. Its too much of a risk.
                                                              ■ PARANOID To go along with that she is rather paranoid. She thinks everyone is out to get her or worse leave her. She's been abandoned one too many times and is terrified of people leaving her again. She has a inherent sense of wariness that leads her to not trust easily and very rarely does she grow comfortable enough to open up. She never stops worrying that someone is going to leave her though. Never.
                                                              ■ STRATEGIC She is a great planner and always knows how to get what she wants. She always makes sure she isn't the one left hurt and alone. She won't ever let that happen again. She is ambitious about her goals and will do anything to achieve them.
                                                              ■ LOYAL Although she doesn't trust easily. It probably comes from her being an orphan. Once you've gained her trust though, she trusts with her whole heart. You basically become family. To an orphan that is the highest compliment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxI'm trying to keep from going insane
                                                          xxxxxxForget your name like they forgot
                                                          xxxxxxxxxSo listen close to the sound of your soul
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxTake back a life we led once before
                                                          xxxxxxxxx
                                                          trying to be something more.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Such a gentle soul,
Unsure of where to go.
Lucky for you, I know where you should fit.
Better be...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:39 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise
                                                      Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised
                                                      I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                      They wanna make me their
                                                      queen
                                                      And there's an old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying that I probably shouldn't be so mean

Rowan hopped onto the stool when her name was called. She was practically dead last. She shrugged her shoulders. 'Slytherin is where I'm headed obviously. I'm a Yaxley.' She had yet to notice that Micah was sitting at the Puff table. or she would be far more freaked out. Yaxley's had to be Slytherins. They had to be. It was basically law.

OOC:
                                                          ■ AMBITIOUS Rowan is fairly ambitious. Its not always realistic ambitions, but she is determined to get everything she wants. She doesn't let much of anything stand in her way, besides her family. And even then she would probably knock most of them down if they were truly in the way.
                                                          ■ CURIOUS Rowan is very curious little girl. She loves learning new things and reading about fantastical places. She would do anything to know everything in the entire world. Its not very realistic, but that's alright with her. She doesn't mind. She thinks she can make it possible if she tries hard enough.
                                                          ■ DISHONEST She is, what they call an impulsive liar. She rarely utters the truth. Most every word that comes from her mouth is a lie. The only people who are graced with truth from her, are her twin sisters Darian and Tiernan. Everyone else gets lie after lie after lie. But as most know, every lie has some sort of truth woven into it. The bad thing is, she is also very good at lying, so its hard to figure out which part of it is the truth.
                                                          ■ CONCEITED She is highly conceited. She knows she's cute, she knows she's smart, she knows she's a fantastic liar, and she doesn't hide it. Its not that she spouts it out to everyone she meets, but she definitely doesn't pretend she's not or that she doesn't know she's not. That would be pointless. Of course she will pretend to be things she's not to get what she wants.
                                                          ■ MANIPULATIVE She is highly manipulative. She knows how to act and what to say to get what she wants. It doesn't help that her parents completely spoil her and her siblings. She will use any situation to her advantage and has no qualms about hurting others (besides her twins of course) to get what she wants.
                                                          ■ UNREALISTIC Rowan doesn't understand the concept of something not happening or being untrue. If she wants it then it will happen, no matter how impossible. If she thinks something is true, then it is no matter what books, professors, or facts say. Nothing can change her mind.

I'm headed straight for the castle
                                                      They've got the kingdom locked up
                                                      And there's an
                                                      old man sitting on the throne
                                                      saying I should
                                                      probably keep my pretty mouth shut
                                                      Oh, all of these
                                                      minutes passing, sick of feeling used
                                                      If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Another Yaxley?
I know just what to do with you!

Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:42 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image

Oᒪᗪᙓᖇ TᙎIᑎᙀᑎᔕOᖇTᙓᗪᖴIᖇᔕT Yᙓᗩᖇ

When it came time to line up in the Great Hall, Colton held tight to his brother. It was super crowded! They were informed about the sorting, so they knew it wouldn't be terrible. Calmly, they waited their turn in line, until the last names got to 'O'. With careful maneuvering, the older twin led the younger toward the front. When his name was called, he told Connor to wait there, then he scurried to the front. He sat on the stool with an eager grin and waited for the hat to predict his house.

⤘Personality: Colton is a very hyper child, always prepared to explore and adventure. There is seldom a time when he's not actively talking or running and playing. The only time he's quiet is when he's helping his brother. He's not a very bookish child, but he does love to learn, so long as it's a hands-on activity. While he may be bored doing certain activities, he will always do them, should someone ask. Colton is very protective and fiercely loyal to his brother, not to mention any one else he would ever call a friend. Anyone can count on him to be there with open arms to do his part to save the world.

I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ. Tʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴏᴏᴛʜᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sᴏᴜʟ ᴏᴏʜ
I ʀᴇᴍɪɴɪsᴄᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs ᴏғ ᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴀ ᴛᴀɴɢᴏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀ sᴏᴍᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇs ᴏʀ ғᴜɴᴋʏ ᴏʟᴅ sᴏᴜʟ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ, sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇʟɪᴄ, ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ. Sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅ-ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴᴇᴅ, sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟ
Tᴏᴅᴀʏ's ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ sᴏᴜʟ, I ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋ 'ɴ' ʀᴏʟʟ!

So you want to save the world?
You want to be a hero.
With a spirit of adventure like that,
You'll do nicely in...

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:45 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Miss GryffindorK
User ImageUser Image

YOᑌᑎGᕮᖇ TᗯIᑎᑌᑎᔕOᖇTᕮᗪᖴIᖇᔕT Yᕮᗩᖇ

Connor let his brother lead him from the boats all the way to, he assumed, a large dining hall. There were a lot of voices, at any case. It was hard to figure out where anyone was in relation to him over the loud cacophony of voices. He waited at the front, glad when someone authoritative spoke, if only to hush the room. After that, the same person called off names, and some old guy (he assumed) yelled out random houses. That had to be someone with the Sorting Hat they'd mentioned earlier. He imagined a grumpy old man using magic to read the hat somehow. Maybe the hat read minds.... When Colton was called, Connor bit his lip in worry, even if he was told just to wait. When his name was called, he took a couple of odd steps forward, trying to pretend to know what was going on. It wasn't until someone other than Colton took his hand that the boy felt safe. It was probably a teacher. He was led to a stool, so he sat, but gasped in curiosity when the hat fell over his forehead.

⤘Personality: Connor is much calmer than his brother, though he's always game for an adventure. He likes to read and loves learning. He's good at homework, though he usually has to have someone transcribe. He has developed a patience about the world, knowing he often had to wait, be it for assistance, or for a turn in a game. Connor not likely to start an argument, or really even to speak his mind if it opposes general view. He is very quick to adapt, and is good at handling change. While his brother is charismatic, Connor gets flustered in conversation quite easily. He enjoys knowing where he is in the world, and will often ask for his precise locations.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ, ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ.
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴘ ᴏғ ғᴀɪᴛʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ғʟʏ, ғʟʏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ɢᴇᴛ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ
Aʟʟ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ,
Sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, Sʜɪɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏ

{OoC}

Such desire for knowledge!
With curiosity such as that,
You'll do well in...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:50 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

If he said help me kill the president,
                                                        I'd say he needs medicine,
                                                        Sick of screaming let us in,
                                                        The wires got the best of him.

Arnie floated into the great hall on the heels of all the other first years. While the rest of them were all goo goo eyed over the place, she was highly distracted by the cieling. It was only mirroring the sky outside but outside was much better than inside in her mind. When she was 7 she spent 2 whole years never stepping foot indoors. They had backpacked through mountains and hunted their own food, and everything. Not even a tent. Slept in the great outdoors. It was beautiful. She had learned to fall asleep to the gentle lull of wind and had the stars as her night light.

She grinned when her name was called and glided to the stool. She couldn't care less where she was sorted. With Glynn would be nice. He needed a friend... and she liked him. He was hers. Her friend. Her Glynn. She couldn't leave him all alone. He was hers. Hers. She had claimed him and he needed her. She frowned.

■ LOYAL If there is one defining word for Arnemetia it is loyal. She is completely and insurmountably loyal to her family and friends. She would never betray them no matter what came up. She would take a knife to the back for them, or stab someone in the back for them. Nothing could ever stand between her and doing what is right for her family and friends. She would die for them.
                                                        ■ QUIRKY Arnie is rather quirky. She thinks odd thoughts, and says odd things. She believes in weird ideas and questions basic proven science. Nothing is fact to her unless she chooses to believe it is. Science and evidence be damned, if it doesn't make sense in her mind, she will refuse to accept it as true. And things making sense in her mind is a hard task. Her mind just doesn't work the way its supposed too.
                                                        ■ ANXIOUS She is not a calm child. She gets anxious and uncomfortable easily in social situations and prefers the company of animals and her family over normal social interaction. She doesn't understand people well and gets confused by their thoughts, motives, and words. Even their facial expressions don't make sense half the time. Animals are far easier to understand and her family she has grown up with and learned to understand. Normal human beings are wrong in her mind.
                                                        ■ SHY Arnemetia is very introverted. She is quiet and calm, and she doesn't talk much. She would much rather just sit by herself or take a walk through nature because it makes more sense. Nature and Animals and her Family have a sense of order that works. The hustle bustle of real life is too chaotic for her. She is a sensitive child and even slightest imbalance messes with all her senses.
                                                        ■ CARING Arnie cares very deeply for her family and friends and all living things. She would spend all her day doing everything for everyone else if she thought it would make them happy. When others are unhappy so is she. She wants everything in the world to feel the peace and tranquility she finds inside her own inner mind. Maybe then the world wouldn't feel so foreign to her eyes.
                                                        ■ RESTLESS Arnemetia grew up travelling. She was in a different country, continent even, every week. She doesn't like to stay in one place for too long. It makes her legs ache just thinking about staying still for that long. She always wants to be moving and travelling and seeing new things. Its both physically and mentally, that she feels restless.

The wires getting older I can hear the way they're creaking,
                                                        Won't tell me to stop,
                                                        Thinks that I should be a little cautious.
                                                        Well, I can tell the wires pulled

Loyal to a fault,
Such a large heart too.
Better be...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 pm

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxOn A Stool
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxThe Sorting Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDetermined
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wє f σ σ t ít αll thє n í g h t, wєαvíng σldєn d α n c є s, xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          mínglíng h α n d s αnd mínglíng g l α n c є s, tíll thє m σ σ n hαs tαkєn f l í g h t, xxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσ αnd f r σ wє l є α p, αnd chαsє thє f r σ t h ч вuввlєs xxxxxx
                                                          whílst thє w σ r l d ís full σf t r σ u в l є s αnd ís α n х í σ u s ín íts s l є є p xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEve had mixed feelings when she heard the hat declare Mels a Hufflepuff. Not like she had anything against the house, it was great. Almost all her aunts were Hufflepuffs. But she didn't really think she was Puff material... Then again, if Aunt Rose could be a Puff, maybe she could, too. She knew she was a lot like her father, but she was a lot like Rose, too. And even a lot like Nell! Not so much Aunt Ada or Uncle Niall, but two out of four wasn't bad. It was half! And anyway, she knew that Aunt Ada wasn't nearly as sweet as everyone always thought she was. She played just as many pranks and made just as many mean jokes as the rest of them. She only acted like the nice one. And her dad was the only Slytherin she knew that she was anything like! Uncle Damien and Aunt Mari were boring and all they did was sit around rolling their eyes. Statistically, she clearly was more of a Hufflepuff than a Slytherin. And she was definitely not a Ravenclaw. Her mum wasn't even a proper Ravenclaw. She supposed she might be a bit of a Gryffindor, since she had a lot in common with Mels' older brother, but still. She could totally be a Hufflepuff.

spaceWhen her own name was called, she straightened her back and marched up to the hat like she owned it, sitting on the stool as if it were a throne. The first year's expression became unusually serious when it was placed on her head. "Alright, hat," she whispered. "I got family in all the houses, I know all the houses. I know it's not as black and white as everyone thinks, and I know you know that, too. So I don't care if people think I'm too much like my daddy to end up in Hufflepuff. That's where you put Melody. So that's where you're gonna put me, too." She crossed her arms on the stool, eyes looking upward at the underneath of the hat's brim, and briefly, she had to suppress a giggle at the thought that maybe she was being rude. Like she was looking up it's skirt or something. That was hilarious. And awful. And she would never, ever do that. Except to a hat, apparently.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx fσr hє c σ m є s, thє humαn c h í l d
                                                          xxxxxx tσ thє w α t є r s αnd thє w í l d
                                                          xxxxxxxxx wíth α f α є r ч, h α n d ín h α n d
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx fσr thє w σ r l d ' s mσrє full σf w є є p í n g
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx thαn ч σ u cαn u n d є r s t α n d

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Quote:
                                                          SPOILED
                                                              Dominic and Grace are very indulgent parents; as such, when they adopted Eve, they immediately showered her with affection and gave her anything she asked for. While the former orphan was hesitant at first, she quickly warmed to the idea of being looked after, and later became quite content with being spoiled utterly rotten by her new parents. She is very used to getting everything she wants, and finds it confusing when she doesn't. If she meets resistance, she'll often try to charm her way into getting whatever it is she has her heart set on. Failure to acquire it is met with irritation, and if she wanted it badly enough, she'll hold a grudge.

POSSESSIVE
                                                              Having spent a large portion of her early years in an orphanage, Eve became very unaccustomed to having things of her own, or of having people she could claim as family or friends. As a result, when she was adopted, she found that it was rather hard to let go of things. She clings to everything; people, possessions, you name it, if she feels she can claim it as hers, she will never let it go. The most compelling evidence of this is her fairy tale book, her only possession from before her biological parents died. As a child, Eve read the book so many times that it's missing half it's pages and falling to pieces, but she won't give it up, or even allow her adoptive parents, both magical, to fix it, because she didn't want them to so much as touch it.

INQUISITIVE
                                                              Eve was always a curious child; in her youth, her mother would enchant her with stories of the fae and ancient tales of their misadventures. Her parents often spent time with her outdoors, pointing out all the glories of nature and teaching her about plants and animals and everything under the sun. As such, she grew to be quite nosy. If faced with something she doesn't understand, she will immediately begin questioning someone, demanding answers that will help her grasp it. A simple conversation can be utterly derailed by the mere mention of something she's never heard of as she fires off question after question to know what it is.

ADVENTUROUS
                                                              Hand in hand with her curious nature is her desire to, as she puts it, 'go forth and conquer!' What, precisely, she intends to conquer, has never been entirely clear. But, she has a great desire to go out in the world, to see things she's never seen, to experience things she's never experienced. She's something of an adrenaline junkie, courtesy of her adoptive father, and the greater the risk, the more satisfying the reward. While she hasn't a clue what she wants to do with her life once she's out of school, she knows one thing; she wants it to be dangerous and exciting. While not entirely fearless, she's not the sort of person to ever let her fear conquer her.

OPTIMISTIC
                                                              One of the only things that kept her going during her time in the orphanage was her positivity; in spite of her situation, she fought very hard to never be depressed or think the worst of things. While that grew difficult for a time once Melody was adopted, she bounced back easily when she joined Dom and Gracie's family. Since her adoption, she hasn't known a day in her life where she didn't think things were going to go excellently. She looks at the rain, and thinks of how pretty the flowers will be. Every problem is simply a puzzle to solve, and the reward will always be worth it.

DEVIOUS
                                                              Eve likes getting her way, and she's not above being sneaky to do it. At the orphanage, she became a master of sneaking around undetected to get into places she wasn't supposed to be. These skills were later honed by her adoptive father, who had an obsession with spying on his neighbors and friends. She's also excellent at talking her way out of trouble, playing the sweet, innocent card readily and often with great success. She's a very charismatic child, and often finds ways to make people forget why they were actually mad at her in the first place. She rarely feels any remorse for her actions, unless someone is actually hurt by them.

u s e r n a m e

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Lotus of the East

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:38 pm

User Image

▶ ↻ CECIL FOURIER

FIRST YEAR UNSORTED HALFBLOOD

With his head held high, Cecil marched into the Great Hall. Its sheer size intimidated him, but his mind raced in exhilaration at the thought of the future. He had wondered where he would fit: Ravenclaw, the house of smarts, or perhaps Gryffindor, a group of courageous youths? Maybe not Hufflepuff or Slytherin, but he wasn't the Sorting Hat. Cecil's stomach ached, from the thought that momentarily, he would be placed in the house where he would reside for the next seven years.

SELFISH lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure
                                                Suppose the last piece of cake sat in front of Cecil and one of his acquaintance. Would Cecil yield the last bite of sugary goodness? No. He'd take it, and wouldn't feel guilty, even if said acquaintance was but a toddler. Cece likes, Cece takes.

DISHONEST behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy or fraudulent way
                                                If his lies could put himself at an advantageous position, then he'd lie in a heartbeat, no shame attached. The largest lie would be his smile: Its gentleness hides a venomous smirk, but at least he'd keep smiling and pretend to be nice.

JUDGEMENTAL having or displaying an excessively critical point of view
                                                You made a mistake? Too bad, Cecil will now forever remember you as "that kid who made a fool of himself in front of everyone". Everything else doesn't matter, because to him, mistakes can never be fixed.

MATERIALISTIC excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented
                                                Possessions is money. Money is status. Status is power. And power is everything. Even as a child, Cecil understood that looks defined character.

ADAPTABLE able to adjust to new conditions
                                                Cecil is able to adapt to different situations quickly, and is able to see the brighter side of things fairly fast. His quick thinking can get him out of trouble, and with a dash of ingenuity, he is capable of turning a disadvantage into an advantage. Considering all plausible options and formulating multiple plans are his tickets to success.

ENERGETIC showing or involving great activity or vitality
                                                Cecil wouldn't be able to pull off his "nice guy" character without a dash of spirit. He is naturally outgoing, with an affinity to positivity. If only he could be empathetic and considerate, then he'd probably be an actual nice guy.

AMBITIOUS having or showing a strong desire and determination to succeed
                                                Whether motivated by competition or his own interests, Cecil devotes fully to his tasks. If he can't bring his A game, then the point of participating is moot.

LOYAL giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution
                                                If you can overlook his negative traits, and if you can tolerate his personality, Cecil will notice this, and will remain forever faithful to you. He may be an a*****e, but he will never be a backstabber. If you trust him, he will do his best to never violate the trust: He doesn't trust himself, so to him, it's a miracle.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 am

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
Saio Mio Ukida
First Year Unsorted
Adopted ☼ Half-blood

Saio was nervous... very nervous. She was grateful to be off the boat but all these people watching freaked her out. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath as she listened to everything. 'I'll be fine...' She thought still not liking the idea of being in the spotlight. Perhaps if the whole school wasn't staring with those curious eyes, she would be. Saio looked to Mackenzie, Colton, and Connor. Would she be with one of them? Or would she be alone?

Saio didn't know which it would be. Luckily for her she had to wait till the 'U's' came up. That was practically the end of the alphabet. Of course the waiting caused her to be even more anxious. Watching as her friends got sorted before her, the brunette hoped for the best. When her name was called, Saio took a deep breath before walking up. Taking a seat on the stool she glanced up at the hat as it was placed on her head.

Personality
                                                  ■ LOYAL I was taught from the day I was born about being loyal and truthful to friends and family. Although my family was small and we didn't have any friends, I've learned that just one friend is enough. You don't need a big family or a crowd of people around you to feel wanted. As such I'm faithful to those who deserve my loyalty and all you have to do to deserve it is be loyal back to me. My friends can rely on me no matter what, day or night.
                                                  ■ SELFLESS If you haven't figured it out I'm the type to put others before myself and pretty generous at times. I'd have no problem dropping everything I'm doing for a friend in need or someone I don't even know. I care about everyone and everything thing. All life has meaning and that's just the way I see it. Truth is I'd give my own life for those closest to me, my sister being the first on that list, even if she doesn't feel the same way.
                                                  ■ HELPFUL With that said I love to help people. No matter what the problem is I'll try to help even if it's just lending an ear. I'm very supportive. Of course aside from your typical day to day people problems, I also help with other stuff. If something needs to be done, just consider me the elf that gets it done when no one's looking. Sure I help with the general house work when I'm asked but I don't do it to get praise. Don't get me wrong I like praise as much as the next person but it's not all about the acknowledgment.
                                                  ■ PATIENT As I mentioned I'm a helpful individual and I'm supportive. Patience goes along with when dealing with some people. I usually pretty calm and don't usually get frustrated. Of course even I have my limits. Though sometimes a little time and patients makes everything go a lot smoother.
                                                  ■ OUTGOING Since I'm a friendly person it's no surprise that I'm outgoing and talkative. I know one good friend is all you really need but being sociable never hurt. Of course just because you're sociable doesn't mean you're going to have a lot of friends. Just means you'll end up with a lot of acquaintances. Regardless I'll gladly be a happy talkative person that for some lights up the room.
                                                  ■ ANXIOUS Despite being outgoing and everything... I'm pretty cautious of my surroundings. In fact I get pretty worried about bad things happening that I psych myself out. Even when nothing's going to happen I always think something is. I'm alert and keep an eye on everything just to be on the safe side. I'm usually easily nervous and always sweat the little things. Probably shouldn't but I haven't convinced myself otherwise.

With: First years...

Wearing: School Uniform

OOC: ---

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The Hat hardly touched the student's head before speaking...

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:58 am

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mc2
User Image
x✞ Esther Charity Spencer ✞ Essie ✞xxxxx
xxxx
Time: 2033-2034
Dressed: simply
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                      Essie's journey to the castle was rather uneventful, and thankfully the castle was warm enough, and soon enough her sweater was barely damp instead of wet from the surprise splashing the mermaid had done to her and Rich. Rich had told her there was four houses and she wondered what suited her. Being loyal and hardworking seemed like the sort of traits that her father would want her to be recognized for, they were traits that Jesus had. Yet, there was Gryffindor, too, and she would feel immensely happy to know she could be recognized as brave.

The hat made her nervous though. It was full of magic and witchery, though she reminded herself that the governor told her magic wasn't evil or bad it just was a part of life for some people. She honestly doubted that it was demonic, but the hat was a curious thing.

When her name was called, finally, she stepped forward, curious to the experience the hat would bring. This sorting was important and her next seven years would be influenced by it. All she knew is she didn't want to be recognized as cunning and ambitious as those were bad traits from everything she had learned. She hoped Rich, even if his family was all Slytherins, wasn't sorted there either. He seemed so nice and open to the possibility of God's love someday. "Focus," Essie whispered to herself as she took a seat, folding her hand on her lap and closing her eyes as she waited for the old talking hat fell onto her head and made its decision. Was it good that such a thing made the decision? She was sure she wasn't going to tell Dad about a talking hat in her letters. Or the roof that was the night sky but wasn't. Or the floating candles. Or a lot of things. He'd make her go home right away and she wasn't sure if any of that was evil. Besides, she had souls to reach and friends to make and people to bring the love of God to. It was a mission!

Personality: Bold, creative, and adventurous is some of the words that best describes Esther. Esther was always seeking out the path less followed and argued when her mother worried about the times she would climb in trees or run too far from her mother's sight that she would be fine as God was always watching her as was her guardian angel. Sure of herself, as much as she is sure of her father's teachings of the gospel, Esther isn't one to doubt herself or the world around her. She is sure that ever branch she climbs on will hold her and every animal she pets is harmless even if that hasn't always been the case. Esther enjoys memorizing bible verses and has always been fond of making games of make-believe where she will dress up and convince her sister Lydia and sometimes her brothers to reenact Bible stories.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                      Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A creative type eager for the path not taken?
And adventure that verges nearly on being reckless.
I know exactly what to do with you...

Gryffindor!
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games