Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:56 am
I just watched that episode... Malevolence is a nice ship, but in terms of firepower and scale it isn't even a Star Battlecruiser. During the Rebellion era it'd be classified as a Star Cruiser, much like the Independence class Cruiser or the Dauntless-class. Moreover the ship's capabilities are almost completely tied up in its primary weapon system... that ion cannon. While it does have a large amount of secondary defensive armament it is poorly shielded and relies on simple bulk to keep from being swiftly defeated in battle.

It strikes me as being a lot like the Independence-class, highly specialized but relatively weak once forced outside its mission profile.

Hmm... watching the Clone Wars has made me wonder if Curtis Saxton has ever considering doing some estimates on kill-loss ratio of the Clones. It strikes me that even regular clones seem as competent as commando droids (Their appearance in Clone Wars actually made me give pause because if you watch closely you see that both the veteran clones and the commando droids fight realistically. You see use of burst fire and grenades.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:28 am
You believe he's doing so or do you believe he hasnt considered it?  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:25 am
I don't know... but it'd be interesting. He's already done a study on the separatist army's rate of droid production that suggests the Seperatist army doubles in size in less then a month, perhaps capable of doubling in size in less then a day. The kill loss ratio the Clones would need to merely hold the line would be approaching that of the United States Military verses street thugs. (400-1 per a study of the Battle of Mogadishu)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:39 am
Need to rent yourself the Clone Wars movie so you can see the battles of Teth and Christophis which offer much larger scale battles than whnat we have seen in the Clone Wars, including examples of hand to hand combat and reckless clone courage.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 am
I have no cable TV... but I have got a downloaded copy of the clone wars movie...

Is it just me or does the series improve when Anakin and Asoka are off screen?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 am
Ah.
Well if you want to watch full episodes, you can hit the Star Wars homepage.

And Anakin isnt so bad. I agree though that the less we see of him or his minion the better.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:27 pm
lol I HATE her... rofl his minion.

What ship were they flying when they met the Malevolent? Was it a V-19? That has good maneuverability and missile targeting.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:29 pm
They were flyin a G-9 rigger Anakin stole from Separatist allied smugglers, a ship that predates the Yt-1300 by a few decades, making Ahsoka and Obi-wan's assessments about it being a clunker ect rather valid.

Apparantly his junkyard slave upbringing and tatooine childhood has made Anakin half Jawa. He cant resist picking up other people's trash and would rather repair something a dozen times instead of get a replacement lke what obiwan would do.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:57 pm
That's a pretty nice ship. Now I remember it. I was driving to PA when I watched that episode.

Hah, while reading that, I saw the Porax-38. P-38 lightning, much? That's nice, I like that starfighter.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:00 pm
Its under armed.
Slip in a Proton torp launcher and we're in buisness.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:06 pm
Which? If the P-38, yeah I can see that happening. The G9, looks like a big old cargo ship or something. Still looks cool. I thought it would kick the Malevolents a**. I don't remember if it did or not. Did it?

I don't really look at ship stats. Only if I really like it, like the V-19 and the Decimator.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 pm
I meant the P-38.

And no, the Twilight is a beat up spice freighter. Even with Anakin's tinkering, the freighter cant compete with a 5 klick long cruiser.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:24 pm
Yeah the P-38 could use one.

Yup. First glance, doesn't look so intimidating.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:59 am
You know I'm getting tired of watching Greivous jump in his ship and run away. Give the separatists some victories guys!  

stellarmagic

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:30 am
Did you forget when he totally dusted Plo Koon's battlegroup?
Aside from that, Grievous' victories are usually off screen.
With Malevolence he destroyed dozens of Republic Battlegroups. And prior to the Battle of Bothwui, Grievous had been on the attack and accomplishing a number of victories.
It just seems that in the series we only catch the times when Anakin and Obiwan manage to halt Grievous' advances.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games