Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 pm

User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

As Kat approached the docks holding all the boats she turned to address the students cheerful as usual."Alright everyone listen up! There can be 4 to a boat and those in front need to hold the lantern. Please be very careful when getting in, we wouldn't want to show up to the feast dripping from head to toe now would we. Once we are all seated I will start us across so just get in and get comfy for now." She explained loudly so all of the students could hear, moving over to stand by her own boat she added,"If you are feeling uneasy about the journey across you are welcome to join me in my boat here, I promise I wont let the giant squid make you his after supper snack." She joked and watched everyone enter the boats, to ensure no one hurt themselves.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((O.O.C.~ post getting in and wait till I post to start the journey across.))
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Water.

Lovely.

And there's a squid in there too. The de Assi took in all the sights it had to offer- - - the wooden docks and the quaint little boats, the rippling of the dark water indicating that yes, there was some sort of creature or creatures living down there, a thought that made him vaguely uncomfortable seeing how tiny he was compared to the so-called Giant Squid, and of course, Hogwarts itself. Listening to the gameskeeper's instructions, he sighed and helped himself to one of the boats, managing to slip gracefully into the vessel- - - not that he doubted himself, but it was nice to acknowledge once in a while- - - and sat himself comfortably on one of the benches inside.

He was curious and excited, as childish as it would seem, but he was and there was no denying it. Propping one fist under his chin, he waited and watched the others arrive.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 am

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
By the time Catharine stumbling on to the shore of the Lake the only thing she wanted to hear was that they were all getting a nice cup of tea. Firstly warm up her fingers (what was it they said, Merlin's beard...I wish I had gloves on) and secondly to ease her nerves. Hell, she wasn't even sure what she was nervous about. No, that was a lie. She knew. It lay on the other side of the Lake, with it's towers and corridors, and judgements.

She knew others were probably worried about the sorting itself. Worried over what House they'd get into, but Cat wasn't. She knew that no matter the House or it's legacy, she could shape her own image free of any of it. No, it was the worst than that. It was fear, that she didn't belong. It was a feeling that had crept up on her at on Platform 9 and 10, but now it was worst. No, she knew she had something to loss.

Before it'd would have just been a confirmation that she mad to have dreamed up a hidden world of magic (though honestly she wasn't that creative). Now she knew she wasn't dream, that magic and everything was real and that she had it, but was it enough to be accepted into Hogwarts and sit at one of the Founder's table.

"Okay, now I'm glad I didn't eat the frog. It seems your nerves are catching," she directed to her companion, whom she glanced at as she wrapped her arms around herself. Why was the wind so much colder closer to the water. Walking cautiously forward, she head to a boat and thanked the stars that she too wasn't seasick. "You know with my luck I'll probably land in the lake on the other side of all this."
[{o.o.C }]

mc2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:37 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

Here already? Hmm...

"Don't get my cloak wet when you do fall in then," He said taking off his cloak and handing it to her. He could stand the cold. Living in a mansion, it tended to be colder and his grandparents' manors... on both sides... he swore he could see his breath there. "Besides, they say don't take candy from strangers... Claire and I did just meet."

He glanced around and noticed a striking boy with auburn hair and green eyes. He sighed and said, "I'm just worried the sorting hat will just be placed on my head and say 'another League oh and married to the Averies...' and not even give me a chance to be placed in any other house."

"I just want a quiet year, get perfect on my OWLs and NEWTs, no drama, get head boy, graduate, and start my career," He said. He glanced at the boats and then to Catharine, "Well we better chose a boat."

StudiousDemoness

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:07 am

User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua wore his typical scowl as he walked to the water's edge. That... looked really deep. Too deep! There was absolutely no way he would get in one of those rickety boats, particularly for such a long ride! He had heard what horrors lived beneath the waves, and he didn't really want to meet them. He crossed his arms, luxurious robes moving about him with ease. "Bloody hell. There is no way I am getting in one of those death traps. There has to be a safer way to the castle that won't involve me catching my death out here!" He sounded annoyed, and he was. He absolutely hated deep water, and had never been a fan of boats. His grey-blue eyes held anger, but if one were to see past his jaded emotion, they might note a hint of fear. The eleven year old locked his arms, glaring. He did not want to be here.

{OoC:}
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:13 am

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -He looked over at the new arrivals, a girl and a boy and another boy who was separated from the pair, from what he could see. He smiled, amused, when the girl wrapped her arms around her figure in an attempt to keep warm and her companion hand her his cloak. "It is quite cold, isn't it?"Kasdeja murmured to himself, feeling the chill of the surroundings settle onto him. Not missing the glance at his person from the other male, he leaned back and further adjusted his position, making himself as comfortable as he could. Rolling his wand between his fingers, he settled in to enjoy the cold.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

I suppose we'll join the auburn haired one. May another person join us so we don't have to deal with Claire.

David heard the murmur of Kasdeja and decided to take Catharine and lead her to his boat, odds were if there was only one seat it was less likely to be taken by Claire. Though the boy complaining about the boats was irritating to a point to David. Even with a silver spoon growing up you should understand its magic and you just roll with it.

He glanced at Kasdeja and said, "Reminds me of holiday get togethers at either of my grandparents' homes. Old homes are harder to keep warm." He didn't bother mentioning his father's usual arguments with either his side or his mother's side of the family which always added a chilled tension to the manors. David held his book tight, much like a child with a security blanket, perhaps he believed having a book with him would bring him luck to get into Ravenclaw. It was too dark to read anyways.

"I am David, by the way, and this is Catharine," He said nodding to Catharine who he had given his cloak to. "We met on the train, here."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:26 am

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
"Thanks," Catharine accepted the cloak with a smile and pulled it around her. It wasn't instant warmth, but it was better than where she had been before. She'd been a fool to step off the train without her cloak. Next time, she reminded herself, next time you come prepared.

Settling that reminded in her head, she eyed the boat and the boy, David was guiding her towards. The ginger was more graceful and so reserved, that the minute she set foot in the boat she felt like an elephant stepping on it. Far from graceful and with her one arm waving about for balance while the other gripped the cloak, she was willing to bet she looked ridiculous. Settling down, she sighed, "All I hope is this trip isn't anything like the Gringotts cart trip. I believe they take great joy in making you sick on those things."

"Pleasure to meet you by the way," she said figuring that formal would work best with boy. He was far too composed to be anything less than pure money. Which meant there was a certain code of conduct and that she was probably going to break it. Then again, David was still near her and he kept dropping hints at his rich lifestyle. Holidays at manors. She gripped the cloak around her tighter feeling the weight of her displacement all the more acutely. She was going to school with kids who talked about holidays in Manors and probably had lovely beach side estates or something. Where was Leo? The girl's down to earth manner could be use to her nerves right now.
[{geez, you guys are faster than me ;3; }]

mc2
Little Grey Sparrows

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:41 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -The voice may have surprised him a bit.

Just a bit.

Looking at the direction of the voice, he saw the boy- - - the other one, who gave his cloak to the girl. "Reminds me of holiday get togethers at either of my grandparents' homes. Old homes are harder to keep warm," he had said. That elicited a wry smile from the de Assi. "And then there's the company, and the things that go bump in the night," Kasdeja answered, inclining his head in a nod to the newcomers. Scooting a little over- - - it was only proper, he never did get those things- - - he motioned to the free space. "Help yourselves." he said. "Kasdeja. Likewise, I am pleased to meet you both."

Watching the girl flail as she stepped into the boat, he felt a flash of empathy for her. There was a time where he wasn't so graceful as well, and it was mortifying when it showed its face in public. Sending a small smile towards Catherine, he offered a small lesson he had learned while vacationing with Jaime.

"Warm your chest, your arms will soon follow if you do so."

|| OOC: Oh my gosh, editeditedit ;w; ||

mc2

StudiousDemoness
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:54 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Well bred and can play the game. Oh he'd be fun at Christmas.

David glanced over at Catharine who looked uncomfortable wrapped in his cloak. David never gave much thought about his money or wealth making others feel out of their league. All of his private school schoolmates were rich too. David held a smile and said, "Ah, but they say with old families you should be more concerned with what goes bump during the day than what goes bump in the night in their old houses."

He made himself comfortable next to Catharine and leaned over and whispered to her, "Are you feeling any warmer?"

David glanced back at Kasdeja and realized it was a near flawless face-in a few years the kid would make a great ad for the "face" of his father's plastic surgery clinic, even if genes had blessed the kid with his good looks. Advertising... it didn't have to be accurate. He was glad Kasdeja was the type kind enough to take sympathy on her and give advice.
StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

{Typing speed of around 50 WPM what can I say? Well I'll be going to bed soon?}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:27 am

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Letting the suggestion settle in, Catharine tried to position her arms around her center all without hunching. Distantly listening to the boys banter. Both sounded like they need to learn about other kinds of home. Ones where you don't need to concern yourself with any bumps days or night. Sighing, she brushed her black hair from her face and tried to keep the unease from churning her stomach even more.

Just when she was sure she was back under a sort of control, she was startled at David's whisper in her ear. She glanced at him, then smirked dryly. Then she shifted on the bench a bit trying to pull the cloak so that it didn't catch on the bench. She gave her arms a brief rub as she consider the question, then whispered back, "Much better. Thanks."

"Thanks for the suggestion. . .Kas..Kasdeja, she said little loud so that the other boy could hear. Merlin beard, that name was going to be a pain to place right, but she would. Her memory flaw would not stop her friend making process.

[{off to bed as well }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:05 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -David's answer elicited a small laugh from himself. He knew how to play! Wasn't that a pleasant surprise? "I think, when it comes to old families, it's who goes bump, regardless of the time of day, don't you think?" It was, after all, his experience right when his sires had died. The vicious tug-of-war that ensued between him and relatives from both sides and the law was famous in the familial circle and was of epic proportions and stood out in his mind like a wolf amongst sheep. Like the analogy, it wasn't a good experience either. Bringing up a pale hand, Kasdeja pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to bring down the sudden headache that shot through his head.

He could definitely say that that certain occurrence was singularly the most horrible experience of his life, aside from the demise of his parents.

Even that trip to Morocco with Jaime, with the blazing sun and the godawful sunburn and other unmentionable things could not beat that ugly event. Shaking his head slightly to rid himself of the obscene thought, he looked up to find the brunette quietly inquiring something of Catherine. It was a sweet scene, and a minute pang sort of jumped up at that. 'No', he thought, resolutely abolishing that other unappealing thought from his mind. 'That little problem of mine will not stop me.'

Snapped out of his musings by Catherine's thanks, he smiled. "It was no problem." Noticing her slight stumble on his name, he inclined his head again- - - a habit of his. "And you may call me Kas, if you wish. Both of you," he added, in a lower, softer voice. It wasn't often he had the chance to make friends- - - and the both of them seemed to be good persons, so he was perfectly justified in his- - - oh, dear- - - timidity.

He was.

|| See you, you two. ||

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:25 am

The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

’Oh just f**king SHOOT me!!’ Rune hissed in her own mind as she saw the boats, whoever thought this out must be a sadist or something. Now she had to ride a bloody boat now too? So much for eating dinner… Rune’s face broke the stone of its usual stoicism and twisted in one of the sourest expressions that the Keeper of Keys likely had seen in her life. Rune was not a happy soul right now as she randomly picked the boat that the Keeper Kat had taken as her own. Rune had already claimed the right to throw anyone who thought it would be funny to rock the boat, over the side and hold them in the water till they either stopped moving or this apparent Giant Squid got them.
It was certainly not a good day to be Rune.
Rune sat in the boat and tried to ignore the gentle rocking that the boat did when she settled into it. She muffled a groan as best she could as she placed her elbow on the side and bring her hand to cradle her closed eyes. At this point, Rune didn’t even care how cold it was or what sort ‘fun’ was going to be waiting afterwards. She just wanted to get this over with…

House of:
Thoughts: I swear to god... if ANYONE rocks this boat...
Feelings: emotion_puke
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

At least I've gotten a good group to be on the boat with it looks like... hmm... the chill is setting in, good thing I don't get cold easily.

"Oh, yes. I should have said who goes bump would be the concern," David said, allowing himself to stand corrected though in some ways it irritated him some, usually he was more precise. He was more irritated at himself than Kasdeja-or Kas as he was allowing them to call him.

He noticed as Kasdeja pinched the bridge of his nose and David asked, "Tension headache? I have read of various potions that might help or you could have an Excedrin I have with me. It actually works quite well." He reached in his bag and held out a bottle. He would occasionally get tension headaches from reading too long, and since his father was so disliking of the wizarding world he wasn't going to go to a healer for mere occasional headaches.

David still holding out the bottle said with a smile, "Do you prefer Kas? I can manage Kasdeja fairly easy. I have grown up with a family who aren't afraid of short names, though, they usually are more Brittish, but I have read enough medical books and the light reading I have done this summer in healing is enough that usually a few syllables won't trip me up."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 am

How do you DO, just nice to MEET you
And I can TAKE you on from HERE
But THIS is where it all STARTS
So follow THROUGH, in the SHADOWS
‘Cause I HEAR the storm is CLOSE
Let’s HOPE you can HANDLE it
Yeah, so NICE to meet YOU
Better BELIEVE in me RIGHT NOW

Mood: Nervous
Thoughts: I really don't want to get in those boat...
Company: First Years

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R |User Image

Elsie was terrified. After a train ride spent sitting in a compartment with her older sister, re-reading her school textbooks one more time and watching the scenery go by as the Hogwarts Express raced along, she had gotten off with Newlyn at the station and become too shy and awkward to approach any first years before they were all rounded up to go down to the lake.

The lake with a giant squid in it.

She stood on the wet, rocky ground, staring nervously at the boats they were supposed to get into. "Oh dear oh dear oh dear I don't want to please don't make me," she chanted under her breath, burrowing into her black jacket and flinching at the sound of small waves lapping up on the shore.

Feel your HEARTBEAT start to SKIP

‘Cause I SWEAR I will not let you DOWN
If you see me FALL, I will get UP again
I’ll make you a PROMISE, that this is not the END
Just like I SAID, get a HOLD of yourself
Well, HERE we are, so close to MIDNIGHT
And I can BARELY see your FACE
It’s HIDDEN in a SILHOUETTE
But we CONTINUE, into the CENTER
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games