Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 am
Still it wouldn't hurt his image to have a couple more on screen victories to add so people would recognize the threat that he presents.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:39 am
This is true.
Aside from the a** kicking he gave Plo Kon, Grievous' onscreen victories are lacking. I think, though, that they'll be waiting more towards the end of the season before cranking out some sep victories.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:14 pm
There are better fighters in the series than the P 38 IMO. It is, however, the best looking Sep fighter. ******** Droids fighters look dumb.

@Stellar: I agree with you about the Malevolence. I prefer GCW vessels to Clone Wars desings, with the exception of (Maybe) the Venator.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 pm
The Droid Vulture fighters are still a very good design.
Extremely adaptable.  

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:05 am
Yeah, the Vulture droids are pretty useful... If you add the two lasers on the main hull that gives the damn things like six laser cannons, plus 4 missiles.

The thing is the series seems way to shallow and light hearted to me. Star Wars during this time frame is supposed to be dark... You can make dark cartoons that are huge hits... so could someone please insert some brain sells into Lucas and force him to watch the sort of shows he's really competing with?

Hell the Clone Wars cartoon isn't even as dark as... ick... Avatar.

EDIT: Or does it... I'm not sure anymore, but are Vulture Droids the same design as the Droid Starfighters from Episode I? If they are then damn... Their total armament is shocking.

6 Laser Cannons
4 Anti-starfighter missiles
1 Proton Torpedo Launcher  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:42 am
Geddy needs to take over Star Wars. I don't think anyone would disagree the man knows how to make a show.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:55 am
Steps on how to resuscitate star wars...

Step 1: Make the Clone Wars cartoon dark enough to compete with more adult themed animation.

Step 2: Resurrect the X-wing and TIE Fighter game series or make a sequel to Republic Commando. Do not immediately make another Jedi themed Star Wars game. They've over saturated that particular niche already.

Step 3: Scrap Star Wars Galaxies and contact Bioware and CCP to create a next generation Star Wars MMO.

Step 4: Make a sequel to the Strategy game Star Wars Rebellion that features ground combat, and full 3d space combat. Look to advances in strategy gaming from Sins of a Solar Empire and Tom Clancy's Endwar for how to design the UI and AI while maintaining a realistic scale for the universe. (I had 1,000 + Capital ship fleet engagements in the original Star Wars Rebellion, any RTS sequel best be able to match that.)

Step 5: Create multiple live action TV series and mini-series to bring original and EU stories to the unenlightened Star Wars fans. Do not have more then 2 such series going on at once (Star Trek had 3 going on simultaneously at one point and no one watched one of em).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:58 am
Vee hafe eet all vorked out.

Step von: Vee get in dee car.
Step Dree: Vee bring peace and justice back to dee star vars saga.

there's just von deetail missing....  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:05 am
Darth Fatass must be dealt with.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm
stellarmagic
Do not have more then 2 such series going on at once (Star Trek had 3 going on simultaneously at one point and no one watched one of em).

Correction: A sh%@load of people watched them, that's why they were able to put on 3 shows at once. That was during Star Trek's Golden Era, when Trekkies were all over the place. All three shows were of considerable quality, though the franchise has taken a nosedive since their end. "Enterprise" was okay, but most fans don't consider it to be on par.

But have faith, Trek-lovers of all types, the Federation will rise again!

[/prosletyzing]

I agree with your main point, though. They shouldn't try such a thing until they start pumping out shows of significantly higher quality than the products they're producing now.

Darth Fury

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:59 pm
@Stellar: Agreed on all counts. #3 should really be #1 since its already been done. Bioware is doing The Old Republic, for which I do not possess words to describe my excitement.

Vulture Fighters don't have Shields. Them being droids, its not really a requirement, but still. And I don't think the weapons on the hull are lasers. The Trade Federation variant had two Energy Torpedo launchers. The CIS variant has no hull mounted weapons other than the four laser cannons. Then it has the four hardpoints which carry Buzzdroid Missiles.

@Nelo: Lucas should be a ******** consultant. Genndy ftw.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:15 pm
The fact they cany turn into walkers is pretty useful.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:47 pm
I love how Lucas got pretty close to being able to patent the idea of a TIE. Twin Ion Engine. Problem is, an ion engine would move relatively slow lol. Are they fuel dependent? I'm not exactly sure how TIE's work, I hate them so much.

X-Wings are better.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:58 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Problem is, an ion engine would move relatively slow lol.

But it would be very fuel efficient... wink  

Darth Fury

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:32 pm
What is it powered by, exactly?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games