Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noodle Luff

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:59 am

>____>

Hay guys. Long time no see. xD I missed it here.
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Noodle Luff
>____>

Hay guys. Long time no see. xD I missed it here.

The married man! biggrin

Dr.Genocide
Crew

quaxcalibur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:25 pm

I'd be happy with Cartoon network alone, but Pixar's program sounds like a really great deal..it's nice that they can afford those sorts of services. Success breeds success.

@Genocide/Noodle

Married!!!????? eek
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Leyli
Pixar internship is the best though= provided housing, living fee, private mentor, and salary.

User Image

Campiren

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 am

AND SUDDENLY OLD MEMBERS
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 am

DrunkenStyle
AND SUDDENLY OLD MEMBERS

SHUT UP b***h! POST SOMETHING!!!

Dr.Genocide
Crew

Noodle Luff

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:21 pm

No no.... She told me two nights ago that we were no longer engaged because Of my "persistent" drinking. xD I had a beer at a friends who seriously lives two house down from me. But whatever, it a crime because I did it.
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:04 pm

my wife wants to get married...........again!

AND WE'RE HAVING TWINS : D

Syke, turns out she wasn't prego.....this time >.>

I also got a cool job kicking a** and taking names as a security gaurd.....I get to have a gun blaugh

And I'll be hur pretty soon kicking your asses too. And watch out Cali, mista L is comin to Valencia in a couple of years.

Question to whomever went to CalArts....Do you have to take basics in a art school?

Kieden

Ragtime Mouse

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:15 pm

you crazy kids with your marriges and fancy schools.
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:45 pm

valencia? i know it's around me somewhere. pretty high-end area as far as i know

also, i'm applying to art institute, and in the portfolio requirements they want letter size copies of sketches and life drawings.

and i have tons of life drawings 30 times bigger than letter size. so i ask my counselor what i should do. she asked her director and they told me to just take a digital photo of them and print it out.

wat. B|

now i'm having doubts at the integrity of this school B|

but art center is too much money for me ggghhh do you guys know it's now $16k per quarter??? eat a d**k, economy.

@zen: after i'm done with school s**t lol

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

The Pie

6,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:58 am

that sucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:19 am

Ugh, art school tuition is ridiculous.
I don't even know if I can afford school next year, I was kind of thinking of taking a year off and going to China to get some classical training done. The schools there are way cheaper and I can stay with relatives. The animation industry over there is also booming like crazy, so there's more opportunity as well.

Kai- Valencia is just another boring-a** bourgeois suburb. I don't know if going to art center is such a good idea anymore-- the school is good, and have really successful alumni-- but diving into a financial crevasse like that sounds risky. I know they have night classes there that you can pick and choose that are way cheaper than a whole year's tuition.

Also, it all depends on what you want to study and if you really need a school to teach you what you want to learn, especially if that school is Art Center.

Although the tuition is crazy, people don't go to these schools just to learn the craft; the networking, the friends, and the connections you build at school can sometimes be invaluable-- especially if they can hook you up with a job later (to pay those loans off).

P.S-- GO TO COMIC CON! It's a great place to show your portfolio and meet industry people.

Kieden-- Well...it used to be, when you come to CalArts, you were expected to already have the basics down/draftsmanship--- so, no. (It's been getting worse in recent years because they've been accepting students straight out of high school.) I'd definitely recommend taking some art classes, and some GE's, before you come to CalArts.

Figure-drawing is required your first year (the rest of the classes are animation-related), but it's not about drawing perfect perspective/proportions and all that-- it's about developing a cool style that you can translate/inspire into animation. But it doesn't work so well if you don't understand the fundamentals.

Sorry for the huge wall of text.

EnoughisEnoughisEnough

Dr.Genocide
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:43 am

Only Good things about Ai schools DS:

1. They really help you land your first job.
2. It's a college, so networking.
3. Ai has alot of connections (Pixar, Lucasarts, etc.)
4. Since you're already pretty skilled, you'll shine come the time companies are picking new employees.
5. Cheaper than most schools.
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:51 am

Leyli
I don't know if going to art center is such a good idea anymore-- the school is good, and have really successful alumni-- but diving into a financial crevasse like that sounds risky

i too agree with this statement >:I

also, speaking of networking, i don't like how people HAVE the money to attend but do it just because. people like me wanna learn the s**t but don't got the money >:I

my friend tells me one of his classmates in AI is a 30 year old attention whore and he's ALWAYS talking about his bachelor's CONSTANTLY. apparently he already has his bachelors and he doesn't really need the classes.

then get a job, ***** goddamn. what are you, a professional student? AHAHAHAHA

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

Fukujinzuke

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:01 pm

DS- That 30yr old guy is probably rich and doesn't need a job... and by rich, I mean has been and continues to live off of parents' money.
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games