Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:31 am

User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Hogwarts Express -> Hogsmeade Station -> Lake

Leonette had ended up losing her 'friends' in the commotion of Hogsmeade. However she was lucky to have listened to her cousin. Hearing that the first years were to head to the lake Leonette headed there following after the others. Looking around she heard a boy saying he wasn't riding in the boat because it wasn't safe. 'More like he's afraid...' she thought before turning her attention to a blond girl who seemed alone and really out of place.

If Leonette had known exactly what Elise looked like she would have known that this was the girl that her cousin said to talk too. However all she got was she was blond and looked like her sister. Well the blond part helped Leonette didn't know what Newlyn looked like. Despite not know who the nervous first year was she walked over to her slowly but calmly.

"Hello if you don't mind me saying so you seem kind of nervous." Leonette told Elsie honestly. "If you want we could ride together. Then at least we aren't alone." she added calmly. "I'm Leo by the way." Leonette introduced with a friendly smile.

With: Elise

Wearing: Plan Black Robes

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

The Forgotten Weasley
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 pm

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Letting the world and all it's whinging fade into the background, she looked into the lake letting her mind wonder. It was beginning to dawn on her that there were no oars or sails on their boat. None of them had them in fact. Part of her found it hard to imagine a spell or enchantment powerful enough to move all these boats at once. Especially if the Giant Squid did carry an interest in eating small beings. Which, Cat doubted since there were no records of students being eaten by the Squib or anything in the lake really.

Yet that was the world she had entered, was entering. It was new and strange, a bit scary. She reached out a hand and touched the surface of the lake cautiously. Nothing, strange as far she could tell, but it was there just beneath the surface. She had to believe that she belonged here. Pulling her arm back, she busied it with pushing her loss hair back again from her face turning back to the ginger...Kasdeja and David in time to catch the last of what David was saying.

"Well, I'm utter rubbish with remembering names. So you have something you'd prefer being called tell me now. I'd hate to spend the rest of the year call you something that makes you want to stab your ears," she said smirking then added, "Or me."
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:30 pm

User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Kimberly walked down towards the lake her footing a little off. She slowly paced herself as she did not want to fall and hurt herself. As she made her way to the lake she saw a boy making a fuss about getting on the boats and snickered a little bit. until she saw who he was, his brown hair, pale grey eyes. They boy was very handsome for being eleven. She smiled a little bit, but then shook her head to bring her thoughts back. Why would she even think of such things at this moment. Well with her schooling just about to start, and her life to unfold. She did not see a boy in her future anytime soon.

The red head thought about it for a second though. Maybe, just maybe she could make friends with him at the time. Make him feel a wee bit better about getting in the boats. She smiled as her new plan sounded great and walked up to the boy.
"Not a fan of water huh??" She asked with a smile on her face and she stepped into the boat and offered to help him in."My father told me that the lake journey was his favorite part of first year. He loved the way the moon hit the lake and glowed."

======================
Location: The Lake || Thoughts: Hope I can make a Friend || Company: Joshua || Crush: Maybe Joshua
======================
Outfit

Miss GryffindorK
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:04 pm

User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire was to put it mildly freaking out.
She didn't want to cross the lake or even be near the lake, and yet here she was near boats.

At the mention of the giant squid in the lake Claire's legs weakened as she started to breathe sharply again.

Claire couldn't help it, as much as she wanted to retain composure, she was deathly scared of water...bodies of water at least.
Ever since she almost drowned after a prank gone wrong.
As much as Claire came off as a loner and an utter jerk, she really did have some childish moments.

Although this moment was less childish.

Claire quickly moved to the keeper of the grounds and got in her boat, "I...I'll just uh...come with you." Claire said, her voice shaking slightly, "...Is that alright?"

Her eyes were very wide and her skin pale from pure fright.

My feelings? I'm freaking out you know?
Precious thought of mine, "No just no..."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "Thus Claire's phobia rears it's ugly head. o:" Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:10 pm

User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua continued glaring at the water, annoyed. He heard a distinctly female voice behind him. Grey-blue eyes widened a bit, one eyebrow cocked. She asked if he was a fan of water, causing him to scoff. "If I was a fan of water, I'd be in a boat, don't you bloody think?" He watched the redhead climb into a boat, then offer him a hand in. "My father had a dislike of everything, save a few in particular. I, myself, dislike deep water. Who bloody knows what could come out and murder us all?" He glared again, eyes dark with growing annoyance. He would rather walk to the castle than ride in one of these awful, rickety boats.

hjcoffman2881

{OoC:}
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:00 pm

I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -"I suppose you could call it that," Kas mused, "I just recalled something particularly unpleasant to me."

Leaning forward, he took the bottle from the proffered hand, looking at the label as he examined the container. 'Muggle medicine? How odd.' The way he talked and the things he alluded to in conversation said quite distinctly to him that he was a Pureblood. He cocked his head to the side, puzzling out absently the situation he had garnered. Interesting. Pushing the thoughts away for later, he opened the bottle. White capsules stared back at him. Looking up, he asked. "You're planning on a medical career, then?" Taking one of the white pills, he tucked it away, wrapped in a small square of paper and stowed it in his pocket, offering the bottle back with his thanks. The wry smile came back again. There was another Pureblood-esque hint. Still smiling, he thought out on how to phrase his reply.

"While I don't doubt your polysyllabic prowess, I do actually prefer Kas. I would be the first to admit that my name does sound odd, and the shortened version would be much easier to recall. In addition, it sounds more impacting than 'Kasdeja' when shouted down a long corridor or screamed in fury. I'd like to think of it as a bonus," Kas finished it off with a small flair and smile still in place. He had had a lot of experience with the former two, especially with the relatives. In his defense, it was a necessary evil. "And I wouldn't do that, no worries," he directed at Catharine with a good-natured smirk. "I believe too much in self-preservation to do that."

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm

When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep
Dreamed of para- para- paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

User Image
User Image

WearingWhere: Hogwarts ExpressWith:Echo Thinking: Finally!OOC

·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Tanya felt as though she had been pushed through a metal tube with hardly any holes to breathe with. As soon as they got to Hogsmeade station she and the other first years were bustled off towards the lake where they had to find boats to sit in. Magical boats. Well....at least they were magical right? And on top of all that she had lost Echo in the mad mob! With a pout the caramel skinned young girl looked around at all the small groups already forming feeling alone and just a tad bit awkward. How was she supposed to go about her school years with these other kids if she didn't even introduce herself! She was about to find to actually join the professor in her boat when she spotted a familiar blonde head and felt her face split into a grin. Tanya also noticed that her other friend was sitting with another girl and felt she might be considered rude if she just got into the boat for her so she decided to would talk to them both. "Hi Elsie! I was sorta worried when I didn't see you on the train. Oh and um, do you girls mind if I join you in the boat?" Tanya asked looking at them both while fiddling with her cloak.

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

Life goes on
It gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear, a waterfall
In the night, the stormy night
She closed her eyes
In the night, the stormy night
Away she'd fly.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:20 pm

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

Oh, I suppose carrying Muggle medicine around would seem odd.

David frowned in concern at Kas's musings and when he commented on the oddness of the muggle medicine. He listened as Kas explained his preference on his name and said, "Kas it is then, though, I have quite a large amount of patience so I doubt you'll see me shouting in fury anytime soon. It really is a waste of energy from what I can tell." He thought of his parents who seemed to love to bicker.

"And, actually I plan on going into healing after graduation," David said. "My family isn't really particular on what you do after you graduate as long as you do something productive. However, most of my family being as they are tend to gravitate towards careers that pay well. We have been wise about our investments over the generations."

He glanced out at the lake not really caring much to talk about money, "Actually, I want to go into healing for the challenge and for the fact I want to help people. Therefore I want to be the best." He glanced back, "My father is different, he uses his education to appease people's superficial habits and fill his pocketbook and of course prove himself. My mother has a more romantic view of it, but..." He shook his head and forced a smile, he wasn't particularly fond of speaking of his family either.

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:57 pm

How do you DO, just nice to MEET you
And I can TAKE you on from HERE
But THIS is where it all STARTS
So follow THROUGH, in the SHADOWS
‘Cause I HEAR the storm is CLOSE
Let’s HOPE you can HANDLE it
Yeah, so NICE to meet YOU
Better BELIEVE in me RIGHT NOW

Mood: Nervous
Thoughts: I really don't want to get in those boat...
Company: Leo and Tanya

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | U N S O R T E D | F I R S T Y E A R |User Image

Elsie laughed. Nervously. "Eh heh heh...yes. Um. I am. Nervous, I mean." She managed to look away from the lake for a moment. "I'm Elsie Vass. Nice to meet you, Leo. I'd like that." A familiar voice made her jump, but she smiled in relief upon seeing Tanya. "Hello Tanya. This is Leo." she indicated the other girl. "I sat with my sister on the train. She's a fifth year. Of course you can come in our boat. Have you seen Echo?" she asked, wondering where the bookish boy was,

Feel your HEARTBEAT start to SKIP

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

‘Cause I SWEAR I will not let you DOWN
If you see me FALL, I will get UP again
I’ll make you a PROMISE, that this is not the END
Just like I SAID, get a HOLD of yourself
Well, HERE we are, so close to MIDNIGHT
And I can BARELY see your FACE
It’s HIDDEN in a SILHOUETTE
But we CONTINUE, into the CENTER
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:44 pm

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Catharine fought the urge to raise her hand and ask if it was her turn for her family baring soul moment. Then decided it would be a bit too tactless, she instead she rubbed her hands together and listened. Which was far better than sarcasm and twice as good as stupid ideas. Better it made her worries seem silly.

Fitting into the world wasn't as bad as trying to break free from a prepared position. Though who could measure a struggle. What would you measure it with? Tears, sweat, or maybe pure angst? When that thought popped into her head she knew that she had gotten to a point of numbness nerve wise. Philosophy only interest her then. Shrugging at the turn of her mind, she gave her head a small shake muttering absently, "Hm. Settling on an identity is always the first step. It's nice to have a name to call you Kas."

"I've gotten so bored and nervous, I'm tempted to join you in a conversation about family matters. Though given the lack of topics, I shouldn't be surprised. I mean there are only so many times you can refer to me being chilly. Weather small talk always seems to the most frivolous. Have you noticed that? I suppose given the possible number of times you've confront such a situation...I'd guess yes," she rambled, then gave herself a mental slap. Stop RAMBLING! PICK A TOPIC!How deep do you think the Lake actually is?

Brilliant, her inner voice said dryly. Great switch there. Right up there with Shakespeare. You do know that you have the answer to that particular question already. Brilliant.

Sometimes inner sarcasm was about as helpful as outward sarcasm.
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:10 pm

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -The redhead listened attentively to David, noting everything down. So that was how it was. It was estimable, knowing what you wanted and being involved in his family to a reasonable degree at a young age. He had a vague idea of what he wanted to become in the future, but he had to admit that the future for him was always clouded and part of it was in his own making, in his own view of what lay ahead. Nodding in acknowledgement, he did understand the situation. "I see. Admirable and understandable. I wish you all the luck in the world."

Turning to Catharine, he inclined his head in agreement. He was glad to have found company with them. Given time and a considerable amount of luck, he could see himself confiding his situation to them.

Or maybe he was thinking about it too soon.

Listening to Catharine ramble brought an amused smile to his face as she shifted from topic to topic before deciding on how deep the lake was. Random topics were always fun to talk about. Crossing one leg over the other, he settled in to think about it. "Quite deep, I imagine. Definitely more than a few fathoms, taking into account the squid, which is supposed to be giant, and an entire ecosystem of other organisms, since the squid wouldn't be able to survive all on its own. In addition, I've heard that merfolk resided in these waters as well, though I'm not sure if those whispers are true. So, taking them all into account, quite deep," he finished with a serious nod. He had always pondered things over very seriously, regardless of the topic. He liked to think and it wasn't to be very long that he could think before it was taken from him. Blinking, a thought entered his head and before he could stop it, had burst from his mouth.

"Do you think the squid would be edible?"

Oh, God.

||imsosorryIhadtoputfoodintheresomehow||

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:37 pm

User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
For a moment, Catharine wasn't sure if the ginger...Kas being was serious. Though given his thoughtful expression perhaps it was she who hadn't truly taken the topic seriously. She shrugged, "According to my research, there are merfolk. As for the Squid being edible...? That I'm unsure of. There are various rumors about the creature. Such as it's related to a specific sea creature that terrorized the Atlantic until recently. Others that it is a magically created creature, meant to protect the dungeons and lower areas of the school from underwater attacks. Still there is nothing whether you could eat it. The question, I'd raise to you, is how would catch and then cook such a creature?"

Thinking it over, she tried to recall the section in Hogwarts: A history. It seemed shallow compared to what they were talking about before. Future goals, or rather David's future goal as he seemed to the only one she'd met who had one so seemingly set in stone. Still it was a nice chance to actually be part of the conversation and she certainly wasn't going to join in the one about family's. She barely had one and what family she did have was not open for discussion.

"The Lake seems like one of Hogwarts many secrets. For instance, I've heard that the castle has secret passages ways that run under the floors and such. Not to mention that there are have been reports of secret passages leading out and into the grounds, she mused pressing her the back of her thumb against her lips in thought. Then a slow smile curled upon her face as her thought wandered halls she had yet to see and might not even see. No! she thought, Don't think like that. You'll walk those hall and if possible learn all sorts of things others wouldn't or couldn't put in a book.
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Ah, so there were merfolk! He should have read through the textbooks they were to use earlier. He had meant to get around to it, he was just slightly distracted by other circumstances then. Fully intending to remedy it later, he continued listening until Catharine was done. "That does make sense, though I'm more inclined towards it being a relation of Atlantis's Giant Squid and possibly the Kraken. The coincidences are too much for me to disregard. But that's only my opinion. As for catching it and cooking it, it would certainly be impossible to do so on one's own, that is, unless you happen to have a magical core or magical strength equable to a few dozen wizards. I would say a mass attack of severing charms shot into the water," Kas mused, tapping his chin in thought. "The size of the squid would certainly guarantee that it would be hit. However, it would most definitely hit other creatures in the lake as well. It's size would also ensure a thicker barrier to cut through..." Huffing in slight exasperation- - - more about his lack of possible ideas than anything, he did love calamari- - - the redhead turned to the girl. "I might be missing something, but unless the squid voluntarily beaches itself, I doubt it would be possible to catch it, and by then, it would probably have something wrong with it." he finished. Aware of his long-winded ramblings, he fought the urge to throw himself overboard. "I like details, but I'm not necessarily good at it."

"I agree with you there, about the Lake. It is a fascinating thing. I intend to maximize my time here," he explained. A mischievous glint- - - he would deny this later, he was nothing of the sort- - - entered his eyes as he gestured towards the castle. "I imagine one will never get bored in Hogwarts, not with how much she has to offer, and I'm curious about them all."

---

---
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 pm

User Image

"Well, if you were determined to get the squid out of the water. There is a spell I've read about. In truth it's a series of spells, before the Statute of Secrecy magical creatures were barely contained. So bands of wizards, Ministry and others, would use it to keep such creatures in order. Basically it send the creature into a panic and in the case of the squid, it probably beach itself," she said thinking the situation through with all her knowledge. Which wasn't much, despite all the reading. Not that she was interesting in becoming a egg head, but she certainly could do with a little bit more practical knowledge. At the moment she carried a lot of random facts. Then her face twisted in disgusted as a thought hit her, "There is also the risk that with the squid size and strength it could end up beaching itself on top of the school. Imagine your taking a test than suddenly the sunlight get blocked by a Giant squid limb poking through the window. Do you think they'd give you pass on the test?"

She chuckled at the image that had popped into her as she returned her hand to it's niche between her elbow and rib cage. She couldn't help smiling as she continued, "Same, though I've been warned by my mum to keep my nose clean as I try to make sure I don't bored. She might not have magic, but she knows how to make my life painful...like piano lessons."

Cat nodded seriously at the memory of her last lesson. She hadn't thought she could hate a piece of wood more than Madame's cane.
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -The de Assi raised a brow in interest at what Catharine was telling him. If it could do that to magical creatures, would it apply to wizards as well? After all, wizards in a way were magical creatures as well. Maybe it had different factors. If that was the case, would it work on muggles the same way? With that theory in mind, he wondered, would it work? "That sounds fascinating," he murmured, mind flying off and pondering more thoughts on that wavelength. Frowning, a thought wormed its way into the forefront of his mind. "'Bands of wizards?' It sounds like a lot of work for just one squid, even if it was the size of a house at least." Could he get sick of calamari? Now, that was a serious question. Before he could fly off into a food-related daydreamy haze as he was prone to do, he continued to listen to the girl. The scene that played itself out in his head made him smile as well. "There's that too. I suppose they'd have too. Caring about grades when there's a giant mollusk on the castle? That's fickle to the extreme."

He crinkled his nose slightly at the mention of piano lessons and the experiences Catharine was alluding to. "Ah. I know precisely how you feel. It was the viola for me. I used to drive my mother mad when she was still here- - - I had a special talent for making my way through viola bows at an extraordinary rate. In my defense, I don't know how they expected me to sit down and grate and screech my way on a viola when there was a whole library to be explored."

He smiled fondly at the memory that entered his train of thought, when his mother chased him around the house after he had broken his seventh bow in two weeks. They were good times.

"You should try learning how to play pieces with tunes you enjoy. Classical or not. I found that helped me a lot when I had to learn the piano too."

|| Thanks for the add, btw c: ||

---

---
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games