Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:23 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Devlyn Maycry
User ImageUser Image

One, two, тняєє and 𝒇𝓸𝓾𝓻
                                                      The δευιl'$ knocking at your ɗσσя
                                                      Oh, ℒ𝓸𝓻𝓭,hεαυεπ knows
                                                      We
                                                      βεløπĝ way down 𝓫𝒆𝓵𝓸𝔀

Sara's train ride had been uneventful as well as the boat ride and all that jazz. Now she stood in the hall quietly. She wasn't stupid enough to think she'd get the same house as Rui and Hammy, but it was believed that if Roo was able to be sorted she would be a Hufflepuff and Sara felt like she fit in there pretty well. So she sat on the stool and waited quietly to be sorted. Wherever she was put, she would work well. She was sure of that.

■ FRIENDLY Sara is a rather friendly child and loves to make friends, meet people, chat with many different people from different places, religions, etc. She just loves people endlessly honestly.
                                                      ■ FOLLOWER She's a follower, and she doesn't think that's a bad thing. Sara just sees it as loyalty and doing as she's told. She's always been raised to be obedient. For as long as she can remember. Rui and Kiaran would tolerate nothing less.
                                                      ■ LOYAL Sara is loyal to the bone. She would follow her family to the grave if they asked her too. She would do anything for those she loves... even kill if they needed her too. Loyalty is the most important thing in her mind.
                                                      ■ PATIENT She is very very patient. She would spend forever waiting for her family to understand whatever it is she wants them to understand. She knows she has to let them figure it out on their own. Its the only way.
                                                      ■ DEDICATED She is also very dedicated to her cause. She knows that what she's been told is true. The world is broken and she just wants to fix it. She would do anything to make the world right again. She just wants there to be peace and happiness everywhere.
                                                      ■ HAPPY She is happy go lucky. She loves life and everything in it. Well most everything. She wants the world to be just as happy as she is. She wants everything to be perfect. She is happy with herself and her family, and figures that with enough hard work the world will follow suit too. The world will understand what it means to be happy too. Thats all she wants.

Big man тєℓℓѕ you where to ǤԾ
                                                      Tell 'є๓ it's ǤԾԾÐ
                                                      Tell '乇ᄊ𝓸𝓴𝓪𝔂
                                                      Don't do a
                                                      𝔊𝔬𝔡 𝔇𝔞𝔪𝔫 thing they รคץ

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A loyal and patient friend.
With your joyful smile, you'll find your home in...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:23 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ïṡlα ώαɾḋ

Isla nervously wiped her hands on her school robe, looking around. She hated how everyone's attention was on her - as if she were some type of weirdo. Ugh... 'I wonder if that hat can figure out if I'm really cut out for this or not...' she wondered, before shaking her head as if to remove the thought by force. Of course she was cut out for this - she probably was the most cut out of all of these twerps. She hoped the hat would ... put her with her newfound friends, though. That would be at least fun. And from what she could see, her friends would be put with nice people. Hopefully the hat thought her nice enough? It probably wouldn't...

She sat on the stool and allowed the hat to be put on, breath quickening slightly.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm pretty fun to be around, but I take things too far. They say I'm way too ambitious, but if I want to become a ministry official, I've got to be! I try not to let other people's emotions get me emotional, because if so I become crippled by the emotions. I tend to be slightly aggressive about my studies, but I want to be the best I can be. I think it's perfectly fine to lose a friend or two in the process. In my mind, if they can't handle ambition then they can't handle me. If they can't handle me, then they'd be better off being their same weak-minded selves AWAY from me. I like reading and I read anything I can get in the pursuit of knowledge to fulfill my goals.

First Year | Unsorted | Status: Single
OOC: Quote Me

LuckiIy

Lonely Nymph

8,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:28 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
First Year

“Go, Kimi.” Candace whispered to Kimberly quietly before giving her a light nudge. When the girl looked over at her she gave her a smile. Watching her go up and be the first out of the four, Candace couldn’t help be a little nervous for her. By the sounds of these houses they were based on personality. Meaning, they’d probably all end up being separated. A fact that sat heavy with her, sure what made them different brought them together, but so did their similarities.

Candace knew she was sporty and creative and liked to think she was down to earth. Though she wasn’t sure where that would put her in the grand scheme of things. Where ever Kimberly ended up Candace was happy for her. However, a part of her wished they were similar enough to stay together. The other part of her knew that wasn’t true.

It felt like forever before her name was called. Candace walked over and took a seat on the stool. “Okay magic sorting hat… do your stuff.” She said quietly. ‘I don’t know where you’ll put me but I’m sure you’ll let me know.’ She thought not wanting to sound to mental out loud for talking to a hat. It was just a hat, granted a talking magical hat, but a hat none the less.

With : Professor Thorne & a Hat!

Attire : Unsorted Outfit

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ CLUMSY I’m an accident waiting to happen. Why? I’m clumsier than anyone else I know. I swear I spend more time on the ground then I do standing up. I can trip over my own two feet when I’m not careful. Chances are I’m more likely to collide with the wall or a person… that happens a lot. You’d be surprised how often others get hurt due to my clumsiness. Which I’ll admit I feel kind of bad for.
                                                      ■ ACTIVE Despite my clumsy nature I’m as active as anyone can be. I have so much energy that I pretty much put all my effort into sports. Anything with a ball, I’m a very athletic person. Of course, usually sports and I equal someone getting nailed with a ball to the head. That’s probably why I like the art of dance. You get exercise, keep active, and if I know what I’m doing no one gets hurt. If only I could apply my moves in dance to the rest of my life. Perhaps then I wouldn’t cause so much collateral damage.
                                                      ■ GENUINE I’m one of the most kind, caring, and honest people out there or at least among my friends. I speak the truth and at times I can be very straightforward. I wouldn’t say I’m candid as I’m not the type to say hurtful things. Did I mention I’m not afraid to tell someone when they’re being unrealistic? That includes friends. Anyway, I try my best to be a good person and a friendly one at that. Not to mention someone that is heartfelt and real.
                                                      ■ LOYAL Now, there’s a good chance that if you become my friend I’ve probably bumped into you (literally). To those who make it onto the list I consider friends, I’m very loyal. I’m a friend for life. I’d be there anytime anywhere. I’m dependable, maybe not when it comes to staying on my own two feet, but I can always be counted on. Whatever the problem, I’m there. I’m also trustworthy. You can trust me with anything I’m great at keeping secrets. Can’t get nothing out of me that’s promise!
                                                      ■ CREATIVE I love any type of art; painting, drawing, music, dancing, acting, writing, oh and photography. Sure I don’t do all those things. I’m not much of a writer and acting isn’t my thing. I love arts and crafts and photography is always fun. Though, what I really love to do is sing and dance. It’s kind of a thing me and ‘sisters’ do. Oh I’m pretty imaginative when I want to be too but I’m also a realist.
                                                      ■ REALISTIC I’m also pretty down to earth. I know not to wish for things that will never happen because then I’m just asking for a giant let down. I’ve been down that road before and I don’t want to go down it again. Oh and I tend not to talk about my problems, I mean what’s the point when no one can help you anyways.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
I know exactly what to do with you!

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:42 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

-X Duo Yiro X-
User ImagexxDesmondxxxLanexxxMelanconxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsorted First Year
x Feeling: A Little Excited
x Location: Great Hall
x With: Everyone

The trip from the boat house didn't take long. In fact, with all of the hustle and bustle, Desmond got overly excited and pulled away from his group and found himself in the front of the unsorted first years. Upon reaching the Great Hall, Desmond placed his lantern with the others and fell into place with his classmates as they waited for whatever would happen next...

After what seemed like an eternity, Desmond was called forth to sit beneath what he gathered to be called the 'Sorting Hat'. 'What purpose does this serve...' He wondered as he walked up and sat on the chair. 'Will this play a significant part in my schoolwork...' Desmond's mind was ablaze with questions for all the oddities that he had never seen before. After-all, he was a 'muggle' as they call him. "Um... Sort away... magic... hat... sir..." He said as the hat was placed on his head.

OOC:

Quote:
RECLUSE: I really, really, really don't like human interaction. My parents call me reclusive. I'm not sure what that means, but I guess it has to do with me being alone most of the time.

RESERVED: Mother says that children should be seen and not heard. That isn't much of a problem for me. I don't like to talk much anyways.

PERFECTIONIST: No matter what I do, it has to be done PERFECTLY... Otherwise I'm not satisfied. Mother says that it is my "redeeming quality"... Whatever that means...

ASSIDUOUS: Mother also says that I take my time and do really really good work on all of my school projects. She says that I'm an "Over Achiever". I guess I am, 'cus she said so!

COMPETITIVE: If I'm not the best, then I'm definitely the worst. When I play sports I shoot for the most points, when I'm doing school work I study for the highest score.

PESSIMISTIC: Dad always tells me I'm a glass half empty type of kid. I really don't know what he means by that...

A difficult choice indeed...
You could do well in any house,
And yet I see one fitting you quite well.
Better be...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:10 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
First Year

Alana watched as Kimberly and then Candace went up. Suddenly she felt very alone. It wasn’t until Minako stood next to her that she felt better. Taking her friends hand she was nervous. She didn’t like attention on her. As of right now it was on her and every other first year, but what about when her name was called. The thought bothered her a lot. She was pretty sure that was the only reason Minako had come over to join her.

When Alana heard her name called she couldn’t bring herself to move. “Alana… Lana. It’s your turn.” Minako told her trying to get her to snap out of it. “You’ll be fine. Deep breathes okay.” She tried to reason. Alana nodded shakily before letting go of Minako’s hand. She slowly walked up to the stool. Turning around she sat down and nervously fidgeted with the necklace around her neck. ‘Please let me be with one of my sisters.’ She thought to herself. She didn’t care where it was so long as she had Kimberly or Candace or Minako. There were four houses and four of them, they couldn’t all be that different could they?

Status : Happy but Nervous... Very Nervous
                                                  With : Professor Thorne, the sorting hat

■ SOCIAL INTEROVERT When it comes to dealing with other people and large crowds I’m shy and quiet. I tend to stay in the background if I can help it. In most cases I withdraw into myself. It takes a while for me to open up but once I get to know you I’m a lot more sociable. It just takes time. Luckily I have a few good friends that help pull me into conversation.
                                                      ■ LOYAL Once I get to know you, I’ll become a most loyal friend. I’m there for my friends whenever needed. I’d help my friends with anything or anyone else for that matter, so long as it isn’t against my moral values. You can count on me to be there no matter what. I put others above myself and that’s what matters most.
                                                      ■ OPEN MINDED I try not to be bias about things and remain open minded. I’m open to new ideas as well as opinions, and am willing to shake things up and divert from the plan. Guess I’m flexible that way. I guess in a lot of ways me being open minded makes me a good listener. I don’t mind lending and ear to anyone who needs it. Sometimes listening is the best thing you can do for someone.
                                                      ■ INSECURE My friends say I lack self-confidence, which is true I suppose. It’s another reason why I remain in the background. My friends like to push me into the spotlight, which helps me rise above it. I don’t really like attention but get me singing and I don’t mind in the least. Of course if I was singing I’d be up in the spotlight with my friends as it’s never always about me. I’d like to say I’m just humble. I don’t like to think I’m better than anybody else or that I can do something really well. I’m not the type to boast about what I can do.
                                                      ■ HEARTFELT I’m very passionate about what I believe in. I put my heart and soul into what I love. My music and the protection of our wildlife and our planet is what matters. I’m willing to stand up for it and put everything into it. If I can make a difference even a small one it’s worth it. Sometimes I put my emotions ahead of everything else, which causes me to jump to conclusions and say the wrong things. Though, I’m quick to apologize when I do.

Loyal and heartfelt,
Yet also shy,
You'll blossom quite nicely in...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:21 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxHead of the Great Hall
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxA Ratty Old Hat
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSkeptical
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ṡøṃεøṉε ќεερṡ ṡ α ÿ ï ṉ ģ ï'ṃ ï ṉ ṡ α ṉ ε τø с ø ṃ ρ l α ï ṉ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αвøυτ α ṡ h ø τ ģ υ ṉ ώεḋḋïṉģ αṉḋ α ṡ τ α ï ṉ øṉ ṃÿ ṡ h ï ɾ τ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ḋøṉ'τ в ε l ï ε ṿ ε εṿεɾÿτhïṉģ τhατ ÿøυ в ɾ ε α τ h ε xxxxxx
                                                          ÿøυ ģετ α ραɾќïṉģ ṿ ï ø l α τ ï ø ṉ αṉḋ α ṃ α ģ ģ ø τ øṉ ÿøυɾ ṡ l ε ε ṿ ε xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceRuaridh wondered, for the first time that night, if maybe he should've paid at least a little attention to his uncle when they'd gone shopping. This whole sorting thing was news to him, but it was pretty obvious he was just about the only one. He figured that whoever it was that took the other muggleborn kids shopping must've told them what was up, and obviously he hadn't listened to a word Cal said when they were out. He listened to the professor speak with a raised eyebrow, trying not to showcase how confused he was. When she began calling out student names, he tried to watch, but not look too interested while he did it, because ******** that. The hat kept calling out weird-arse sounding names, which he guessed were the names of these house-things they were being sorted into. Was that just dorms? Why didn't they just bloody assign them? This whole thing was weird, and stupid. Some weird, stupid, magical wizard thing that made no bloody sense whatsoever.

spaceWhen his own name was called, he scowled, and went to the stool. He didn't really care where he ended up; after all, he didn't have any friends. Or even want any, because all these kids were probably snotty rich prats who'd look at him like dirt or something. So as far as he was concerned, it was just going to be what bed he slept in, nothing else. So he hopped up onto the stool, glaring all the while, and just hoped this was over quick. And that he could figure out the right fekking table to sit at. Probably the one cheering loudest; he'd noticed the obnoxious cheering whenever a kid was sorted. It always seemed to be a certain table, so he figured that would tell him where to sit. Hopefully. If he didn't know which table to sit at, he'd just go to the closest one and sit. Then when they asked, he'd say he was too lazy to walk to the right one (assuming the closest one was wrong; he had a one in four chance of getting it right by sheer luck). Save face, just a little. He was going into this as the poor, muggleborn (he at least remembered that word, his da had said it often enough), black kid, so he needed to conserve as much of a reputation as he could manage.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ṡøÿ υṉ ρ ε ɾ ḋ ε ḋ ø ɾ ; ï'ṃ α l ø ṡ ε ɾ, вαвÿ
                                                          xxxxxx ṡø ώ h ÿ ḋøṉ'τ ÿøυ ќ ï l l ṃ ε ?
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ṡøÿ υṉ ρ ε ɾ ḋ ε ḋ ø ɾ ; ï'ṃ α l ø ṡ ε ɾ, вαвÿ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ṡø ώ h ÿ ḋøṉ'τ ÿøυ ќ ï l l ṃ ε ?

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          Personality under spoiler

DEVIOUS
                                                              Rory spent a lot of time as a child trying to avoid getting into trouble, both for things that he'd done, and that he hadn't. Growing up in a less than stellar home environment, with a father who tended towards the strict side, he felt very restrained. Eventually, he began finding clever ways to get around the rules imposed by his father, and to keep himself and his friends out of trouble. He was well known for being the guy to go to when you wanted to pull a prank or cause trouble and not get caught.

ARROGANT
                                                              He thinks very highly of himself, in no small part because he's used to being smarter than the people around him (namely his father). He tends to let his confidence go to his head; most of the time when he gets caught doing something he shouldn't, it's because he took an opportunity to brag about it. Generally speaking, he'll even take the fall for a friend... provided he wants credit for whatever he's taking the fall for.

CRASS
                                                              Rory's not the sort of person you generally want around in polite company. At his best behavior, he'll swear a blue streak just to see a person sputter indignantly, and he's rarely so well behaved. His sense of humor tends to overlap with the reasons he's undoubtedly going to hell, and he'll never hesitate to tell a tasteless joke if he thinks it'll make someone uncomfortable. This behavior is reserved for people he doesn't like, but then, he doesn't tend to like very many people.

ANTISOCIAL
                                                              As stated, Rory doesn't like a good many people. He finds that most people are liars, cheats, or generally awful in some way or another. He's woefully pessimistic about the nature of a person's character, and thinks anyone who seems genuinely nice is up to something. This tends to stem from the fact that, the most noble people he knows are his own parents, and that's not really saying all that much. His father is a gambler, and his mother has conned people into paying top dollar for her fake jewelry in the hope that one day, they'll place the right bet and be rich. Sadly enough, as far as he knows, they're the least horrible people he's related to, so his confidence in the goodwill of others isn't particularly high.

BRILLIANT
                                                              No one's really all that certain where Rory's brains came from. His father has vague memories of his younger brother Cal being clever like his son, but he didn't pay much attention before Cal was off to his 'special' school. As such, Rory's intelligence is something the family has trouble coping with, a fact Rory is more than happy to take advantage of. He slacks off in school and still makes near perfect marks, and frequently outsmarts authority figures when the mood strikes him. His mother has had him tested a couple of times, convinced that he was a genius, and that they'd find a way to take advantage of that fact. Rory responded by purposefully bombing the tests.

FLAMBOYANT
                                                              This particular trait is another one that seemed, at least to his father, to come from no where. Rory's not one to shy away from attention, particularly if it's pissing someone off. So, he delights in making as much of a show of himself as possible. A lot of his affectations evolved from a desire to annoy authority figures however possible. He also took up an interest in art and theater, and with that interest came the sort of eccentric dress and attitude that is common among actors and artists. He's prone to wearing what he likes to call 'war paint', and tends towards bright colors, unless dark is required. Anything to stand out and rile up the people who've earned his distaste.

u s e r n a m e

Mischevious with flair
Intelligent yet a loner.
Better be...

Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Semper Leo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:02 am

User Image

Valentín Mariano Angel Snowblood
Eleven~ Unsorted First Year

► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄

Valentin perked up when he heard his name called and walked towards the stool excitedly, praying to God and the non-Christian gods his ancestors worshipped that he got into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Maybe even Slytherin if he wanted to be a bad boy with a leather jacket and a thirst for mystery. Or Ravenclaw even. He guessed he just wanted to be in a place that suited him.
Sitting down at the stool with an elated grin, he waited to be sorted.

I am:
adventurous. I'm very spontaneous and I am always up for an adventure. I love exploring. I am very impulsive and instinctual and I do what makes me or others happy in the moment. I am very brave and as a result I can be reckless. I am not afraid of much, but even what I am afraid of I face with a stone face. I am almost never afraid of people. I've had bullies before and they all ended up with broken noses and a fear of God. I'm not a violent or angry person but I will always protect myself and the people I love. I am a great friend and I love talking and making friends. I have a good sense of humor but I can be very sarcastic, which can be good or bad.

► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄ ► ◄

((Out of Character ~))
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:44 pm

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSterling Müller
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUnsortedxFirst Year

"Confidence is to believe in yourself..."

Sterling made his way up to the Sorting Hat, quite a few eyes watching as it was his turn to get sorted. He was cool as a cucumber as he awaited the judgement of a hat?. Was this a joke? He wondered how a hat could see the potential in him whatsoever, but if he had to guess, only the people of the wizarding world could ever animate and even put reliance on such an object. He took a seat at the front of the Great Hall...spectating the ornate decorations and the sounds of whispers breaking through the silence. It certainly was interesting. He was privately curious as to which House would suit him. He could only speculate on the whole thing...so he left it to the hat to end all of his own speculation.

Arrogant The young boy comes from a pureblood family, which leads to a bit of silent prejudice and condescension upon others (however, this is not towards predominantly towards muggleborns like many other Purebloods). This has also led him to think very highly of himself, but unlike the rest of his family, the likelihood of him vocalizing his 'supposed' superiority is very low. He however prefers the method of proving himself superior.
Impulsive Some believe one should think before one acts...this is not the case for Sterling. He tends to perform actions without contemplating the consequences beforehand, even if in the end he takes a step backward in reaching his pursuits. This can come back to bite him in the arse, but he will always dive in headfirst and not stop until reaching his goals.
Decisive As the previous section alluded to, Sterling is extremely decisive...to the point where he becomes close-minded upon making his decision. Once he has had made his decision, it is final and he won't take anything or anyone's opinion on the matter.
High attention to detail He tends to not make those silly little mistakes that many people are culprits of. He is the type of person to check his work eight times before handing anything in. He will check and check again until he is completely satisfied with the work he has done. His perfectionism is a blessing and a curse. On one hand his work is incredibly in-depth, but on the other hand, he takes an unnecessarily long time to finish anything.
Committed He will not stop until the job is finished. He does not quit...ever. One could ruin everything that he has worked for and he would still sit down to finish what he started...no matter how long it takes...no matter how hard it is. One would have to drive a stake through his heart before he was stopped. While admirable at times, this can become an annoyance of other people.
Quick-witted Sterling is very good in the art of conversation. He is not suave by any means, but one would consider him very quick to respond eloquently. He is also able to react to situations very quickly upon him facing them. While they may not always be the best solutions to the situations at hand, the speed in which he thinks is one of the best things about him.
Sporadic Altruism Despite the fact that he is arrogant, he is not exactly selfish ALL THE TIME. He can be selfish at times when he wants to be(like where he is in a group and has already made a decision), but he is also willing to help another person if they truly needed it. If he truly believes and decides that the other person needs help, he has no problem taking some time out of his own day to help. This is a secret side of him that very little know about...and he would like to keep it that way.

"When no one else does"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:31 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
First Year

Minako watched as both Kimberly and Candace were sorted. Knowing full well that Alana probably wasn’t doing well with her nerves, the Japanese girl walked over to her friend. Letting the Spanish girl hold her hand, she knew that Alana could get through this. It was just a quick drop of the hat and off you go. No big deal. She just needed to stay calm. When the girl’s name was called Minako could tell she wasn’t going to move, at least not without prompting.

“Alana… Lana. It’s your turn.” Minako told her trying to get her to snap out of it. “You’ll be fine. Deep breathes okay.” She tried to reason. Watching Alana give her a shaky nod before going off, Minako crossed her figures that she wouldn’t be sorted alone. Alana wasn’t good with crowds. She was shy most of the time and kept to herself. Deep down Minako knew that one of them were with her she’d be fine and get through her first year. Perhaps even open up to others and make some friends outside of their little group of four.

It wasn’t long before Minako heard hear name called. Taking a breath like she had told Alana to do, she walked up and took a seat on the stool. ‘I’d like to understand how this works… but from what I can tell you’ll put me where I’ll excel.’ She thought waiting passionately for the result of her sorting.

Status : Excited to be sorted!
                                                  With : Professor Thorne & The sorting hat

■ SMART I’ve got the brains and I know how to use them. I’m the smartest out of all my friends, if there’s something to be learned I’m right in there learning it. I love languages and am quick to pick up on them. I’m great with math and science guess I’d be pretty good with Arithmancy and Potions then. I like to think outside the box and keep things interesting. If there’s a problem to be solved I’m sure I’m the one who can solve it.
                                                      ■ CREATIVE I see things differently than others. When one person sees nothing but scrap I find a use for it. I’m creative like that. In fact half my wardrobe is made up of scraps that were sewn into something new. I love designing and making my own fashion style. It makes a statement and it allows me to stand on my own. Standing out is way better then blending in all the time.
                                                      ■ COMPOSED My friends say I’m the calm, cool, and collected one of our group. I don’t let things get to me. Sure I have my moments like everyone but I usually can control my outbursts. If I have a problem I’ll tell you in a calm manner. I’m hardly the yelling type. Yelling gets you nowhere and then you just lose your voice. Not good if you ask me. So long story short you won’t see me yelling, frustrated, or even stressed out. At least not often as it takes quite a bit. Probably why, I can handle all my friends’ drama day after day.
                                                      ■ OPINIONATED Though, don’t let that fool you because I can and will speak my mind when I’m bothered by something (which usually involves bad fashion and hair choices). Of course I’m not all about the fashion world… I like the idea of adventure although I’m not the reckless type and I have a sense of humor. I may sound self-absorbed or maybe a tad opinionated but I’m really not that type of person. Any of my friend can and will tell you that.
                                                      ■ HELPFUL If I can help people with my creativity and my knowledge why not? I love giving people fashion tips. Though, I love helping people in general I don’t see why I shouldn’t. I like being helpful and if ever a friends in need I’m there. I prefer to help rather than to watch someone struggle on something while I succeed. It’s only fair and besides sometimes helping can even help you in return.
                                                      ■ PERFECTIONIST I tend to worry too much about the little things be it my looks or my grades. Call me a perfectionist of sorts if you want but I see nothing wrong with wanting good grades and a decent style.

A creative thinker with plenty of opinions,
One who seeks perfection in all you do.
I know just what to do with you...

Ravenclaw!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:35 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

oyehh
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

FIRSTxYEAR xxxxxxUNSORTEDxxxxxxPUREBLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lucy smiled when Mina the ride was good, although she was sorry to hear they ran into some trouble. "That's good. And don't mind Kim, your shoes are good," she giggled. Before she could reply, Professor Thorne led them into the Great Hall and Lucy stared. It was a bit smaller than what she'd expected but it was still grander than she'd thought. She waited in line as her fellow classmates were sorted, playing with her bag until finally her name was called. She took a deep breath and walked confidently to the stool. She didn't care what house she got, she would enjoy her time here either way.

Quote:
                                                              PERSONALITY TRAITS:
                                                                Fearless: Lucy can be called brave but she's better described as fearless. Her family encouraged asking questions and taking action when she needed to so she doesn't understand why one should hesitate. However, even if she does become afraid of anything, she'd still persevere because who else would?

Protective: It might be part of her 'big sister' instinct but Lucy's fiercely protective of her family and friends, especially her brother. As an older sister, she considers it her duty to take care of her brother and this trait extends towards others she's close to.

Lazy: Lucy can be very lazy, especially when it comes to things she doesn't enjoy or finds boring, like schoolwork. She'd leave things to the last minute and always tries to find ways to reduce her workload and hates being forced to do things.

Loyal: Lucy's very loyal to her family and friends. She doesn't understand why people would choose to betray anyone at all; why would you leave people behind when they're counting on you and cause unnecessary pain? They're the only people you can definitely trust

Passionate: While Lucy can be lazy, she's extremely passionate about the things she loves, like sewing, and she becomes a hard worker, determined to succeed at it.

Outspoken: Lucy is very outspoken and blunt; she doesn't hesitate to speak her mind and often talks without thinking. She truly doesn't understand why she should beat around the bush when being direct and honest is much more helpful and quick.

Extroverted: Lucy hates being alone; she is happiest and most when she's around friends and family and she feels lonely quite easily. In fact, one of her greatest fears is isolation; she can't stand even the thought of it.

Confident: Lucy always had plenty of self-confidence. She isn't arrogant; she knows what she is able and unable to do and knows her limits, but she's confident in herself and in her abilities.

Carefree: Lucy is a very relaxed person. The only person that causes her to worry is her brother but otherwise, she's very carefree and laid-back, rarely worrying about the future or thinking of consequences.

Independent: From a young age, Lucy believed the only people she could rely on and trust were her family and friends. She doesn't fully trust anyone else unless she gets to know them better and has a particular disdain for adults and authority, thinking they're useless and generally unhelpful.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                  ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                                  a txxthe Great Hallxxxxxw i t hxxthe Sorting Hat
                                                                  f e e l i n gxxconfidentxxxxxw e a r i n gxxher uniform

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                              ━━━━
                                                              - - - - - - - - -

murruelecreuset

Protective and loyal,
Though fearless as well.
Perhaps caution may be advised?
An independent such as yourself should feel at home in...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:40 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

shabatha
User Image
~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~
Carter Zachary Snow
Unsorted, First year, Twin, Halfblood
~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

Carter chuckled, he had pretended to push Ryan into the lake. But kept his arm, so he didn't actually fall in. Unlike the other girl had done to that other boy he had seen. Ryan had been so freaked out. Carter smiled mischievously towards his twin. Not entirely sure if he liked how they were both brunettes again. Ryan had made them silver haired when they were little... Now they were brunettes. Supposedly from his own doing. Mentally shrugging, Carter watched as people were called. It seemed they were called by name. And shortly down the list, there they were. Carter waited. SN was a long way down. And then they had to get to SNO... Sheesh.... Sooo many names.... At least their cousin Sata was there somewhere... Right? The young Snow boy wasn't sure if he liked the idea that he may be separated from his trouble making partner... But maybe he would find someone new? He certainly hoped so. Psh, he was sure of it. Who wouldn't want to be his friend? Well... Oh god, he was over thinking it again. Taking a deep breath as he was finally called, Carter walked up the steps. He sat on the stool and let the hat be placed on him,

Carter's Personality
■ Hard Working - Carter has always been a hard worker. He likes to shine for working hard. It takes a lot to adventure all the time!
■ Outgoing - He is absolutely out there and ready to mingle and talk to people. Why not? It doesn't kill anyone right? He's going to talk to you and probably the person next to you.
■ Adventurous - Carter likes adventure, and he likes to lead the way. He's always up for trying new things and starting a group.
■ Courageous - Carter is brave and will put himself into danger willingly, if only to discover things. OR to protect his 'little' brother.
■ Fun-Loving - Carter likes to have fun, and usually that is in the form of a prank. Mostly on his brother, but sometimes on others. If it can get a laugh and not cause any real harm, he's all for it.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~
Feeling/Doing/Wearing
Feeling suddenly self aware /// Waiting to be sorted /// Unsorted robes
~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

Another prankster?
Full of courage and a love of fun.
You'll do just fine in...

Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:44 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

shabatha
User Image~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~
Ryan Apollo Snow
Unsorted, First year, Twin, Halfblood
~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

Ryan was slowly coming back from losing his heart. Or having a heart attack. He wasn't entirely sure which. Carter had almost thrown him into the black lake. And it wasn't funny. The brunette stared wide eyed as he was led into the great hall. Suddenly incredibly aware of how many people were in the enormous room. God, he would like to shrink to the size of a mouse and scuttle away. Maybe then he wouldn't have to be sorted. He could learn from the rafters and sneak crumbs off the floor. Shivering, Ryan was brought back to attention as the sorting started underway. And soon, too soon, it was Carter's turn. As the house was called, Ryan couldn't exactly hear himself think. It was his turn next. Oh god. That hat was on everyone else's head... It's was dirty. It was old. It probably smelled. They called his name again, and Ryan finally pushed himself through the much thinner crowd, determined to get this over with. He didn't even think of his twin as he tried to get the thought of the hat out of his head. Deep breathes. He kept telling himself. He sat down, and awaited the hat's decision...

Ryan's Personality
■ Hard Working - Ryan has always been a hard worker. Although never appreciated for his work, he's also fine with that. Instead, he would rather know that he has done his best. Not that every one else knows.
■ Shy/Quiet - Ryan has always been the shy and quiet of the twins. He has always been his brother's shadow. And just going along with everything.
■ Caring - Ryan has always been a caring boy. He hates to see things get hurt and would rather have everything go well for everyone. He tries to make people feel better.
■ Scaredy-Cat/Anxious - Ryan has always been deemed the pansy. Since his twin likes to adventure and play pranks, Ryan has been worried about getting into trouble, being preyed upon. And the like.
■ Book-Smart - Out of the two, Ryan had always been more into learning from books than from trial and error. He lacks the courage to put it to use, but otherwise he would rather read.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~
Feeling/Doing/Wearing
Incredibly Nervous /// Waiting to be sorted /// Unsorted Robes
~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

You seem to be afraid,
But worry not! I can see right where you'll find home.
A hard-worker with a kind heart such as yours will fit right in with...

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:47 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Shiny Furret
User Image
User Image
𝓊𝓃𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇

Skylar followed her classmates into the Great Hall, standing in line and keeping her head down as she walked. She had heard of how amazing the hall looked during the feasts, but she was too terrified to even consider looking around her. Listening to the murmurs around her, the small blonde girl wondered which house she would be sorted into. She definitely didn't think she was Gryffindor or Slytherin material, which left Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. Honestly, she could see herself in either house. She was a lot like her mother, so she heard, and she had been a Hufflepuff. When it was her turn, Sky shyly stepped up to the stool, quickly taking a seat. Her shoulders were slumped over, her eyes staring at a spot on the floor as she waited for the hat to announce it's decision.

■ INTROVERTED Skylar has always been a quiet child. She has hardly spoken to anyone growing up, and if she did speak to someone, they were very special to her. Skylar is also very shy and has a hard time making friends. When put in a situation in which she is the main focus, she will freeze and shut down from fear.
                                                      ■ TIMID Skylar is very easily frightened. If someone were to jump out from behind a corner or something, she would jump and probably cry. Skylar is not brave at all. She chooses to stay back when presented with a conflict, letting someone else handle the situation.
                                                      ■ DEPENDENT Skylar has always relied on someone else to do things for her, mainly her mother. It's not that she can't do these things, but she likes the feeling of being taken care of. Her being the baby of her family doesn't help her case.
                                                      ■ LOVING Skylar is very compassionate to people she trusts. Once she manages to make a friend, she will always stick by them.
                                                      ■ GENTLE Skylar has a very mild temperament. She is kind to those who treat her the same way, and even if they don't, she isn't hateful towards them.
                                                      ■ CREATIVE Skylar has always had a vivid imagination. She uses that to assist her in her music practice. She also loves to draw.

She sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style.
                                                  And they all got the same heartbeat, but hers is falling behind.
                                                  Nothing in this world could ever bring them down.
                                                  Yeah, they're invincible, and she's just in the background.
                                                  And she says, "I wish that I could be like the cool kids,
                                                  'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
                                                  I wish that I could be like the cool kids, like the cool kids."

x x x x

OOC: . . .

A gentle soul, but a creative one as well.
A tad bit timid, but loving nonetheless.
Better be...

Hufflepuff!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xistund
When the crypt doors creak and the tombstone quake...
Spooks come out for a swinging wake!
Happy haunts materialize and begin to vocalize;
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!
Now don't close your eyes and don't try to hide...
Or a silly spook may sit by your side;
Shrouded in a daft disguise, they pretend to terrorize.

User Image
𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰
𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢

𝔪𝔲𝔤𝔤𝔩𝔢𝔟𝔬𝔯𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝑦𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔲𝔫𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔡

Deaus felt bad for not being more social with Garnet or other students in general. He just hoped the boy did not think him strange. Once Deaus had reached the school he was looking around for ghosts, a bit sad he had not seen one yet. He blinked seeing the dusty old hat, talked and wondered if it was a ghost playing a trick. He was still pretty knew to magic, could people make items just start talking, did it have to be a hat, could other clothes be made to talk and find out your house. Was there a set of clothes that came with the hat that were lost, He would hate to be the talking shoes or worse the talking underpants. Once it was his turn Deaus smiled a bit and said."Hello, Mr. Hat, I hope you are having a good day today." He then had the hat in question get plopped on his head as he wondered his curious little thoughts.

OOC:
Deaus' Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Cheerful, and enthusiastic about my hobbies and likes. I like learning a whole bunch of things about the world now that I can explore it and once I found out about magic I can't wait till I can learn it. I also like caring for things like my pet bird Gwen, I guess I'm pretty brave, I love watching horror films, even though I'm too young for them. I've been called creepy by some and I've been picked on for it so I don't like it when people are bullied. I'm headstrong in my beliefs, not letting others stop me from doing what I think I need to do. I guess I have problems with authorities sometimes and I also hate religion... I also don't like talking about my past, I mean I'm happy now that's all that should matter.

As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree-
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree!
Creepy creeps with eerie eyes...
Start to shriek and harmonize!
When you hear the knell of a requiem bell;
Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell;
Restless bones etherialize, rise as spooks of every size.

Such a cheerful lad to ask me about my day,
It is a wonderful day for me, as I do what I do best.
Now for you, I must sort you, but which house shall it be?
An academic, yes, but headstrong as well.
Let's see...better be...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:55 pm

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

night_crawler_andy
        User Image

x
        F I N D x M E x W H E R E x T H E x W I L D x T H I N G S x A R E

A B I G A I L . D E V A U X
        xxxxxxxx (CURIOUS) xx (ENTHUSIASTIC) xx (IMAGINATIVE)

THERE'S A WILD THING IN ALL OF US. IT LIVES IN OUR PASSIONS
        AND THE PEOPLE WE LOVE, IN OUR SUBCONSCIOUS THOUGHTS,
        OUR BELIEFS. IT'S EVEN MADE A HOME IN THE DARKEST PARTS OF
        US. BUT WE CAN'T BE SCARED OF IT. WE HAVE TO BECOME IT.

──────────────────────────────────────────────
        House (Not Sorted) xxxFirst Year xxxPure Blood

The older woman spoke with such a nice tone and instructed the group to follow her through the doors to the Great Hall. As soon as the door opened, Abigail’s heart filled with glee. She got chills and a huge smile came across her face. She couldn’t explain why any of this was happening to her. It seemed out of her control, but she liked it.

She followed in line, but not too closely, and stopped as the group did. One by one she heard name after name as they were sorted into their houses. Looking around at the people Abigail could only hope to be welcomed as with such passion as the others were. But which house would she be sorted into? Both of her parents were Slytherin. Actually to think of it most of her family was sorted into Slytherin, though there were a couple of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors. Thinking back real hard, she assumed there had to be a Hufflepuff or two, but mostly Slytherins.

Before she knew it her name was called out. She gracefully walked up and sat upon the chair. Thinking to herself that no matter which house she got sorted into, she would be loyal to them, Abigail closed her eyes and awaited the hat’s decision.

──────────────────────────────────────────────
                    ȴocation : the great hall
                    ɦealth : 100%
                    ϝeelings : excited, trying to be patient
                    ʗompany : everyone in the great hall
                    puppet master : night_crawler_andy

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm... more than just someone who wants to see others smile. I am a very curious person and tend to cross lines. This may be due to the fact that I tend to allow my intuition lead the way in making my decisions, but it has very rarely let me down. I also look at the big picture when analyzing things for I find it easier that way. I feel that if you focus on all the little details, ideas, thoughts, and actions seemed to become blurred. I’m a very outgoing person when in a group of people and this is a trait that tends to get me noticed. Now if that is positive or negative attention depends truly upon the situation. Though my self-esteem isn’t the best, I never let it show. I tend to put on a smile and push through it, pretending to be a strong independent person, basically faking it until I make it. I do tend to get lose my patience and separate myself if I get bored with a certain situation. I have been warned in the past to be careful, however that if I rely too much on my intuition, assume, or anticipate about a situation, I could misread the signals, but like I said before, I hasn’t failed me but just a few times. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I will get what I want. I will. I will do whatever it takes to achieve my goals and though I prefer to take the higher road, I will get down and dirty if I must. I don’t like being deceitful or devious, but if there is no other way, you better watch out. Just a fair warning.

I would warn you that curiosity is a dangerous thing,
But that is something you already seem to know.
However, I will still urge caution in your quest for knowledge.
With such hard-work and vigor, I think you'll do quite well in...

Ravenclaw!
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games