Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kara Duskat

Friendly Mage

4,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:27 am

User Image

E l e v e n . U n s o r t e d . F i r s t Y e a r
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ █ █ █

------K a r a D u s k a txxxxxxxxxx

Walking up to the boats, Kara eyed them uncertainly. While she was certain that they wouldn't be immediately expected to place themselves in harm's way, there was still a nagging voice in the back of her head telling her that she couldn't truly be certain of that.

What do I really know about this place? For all I know, this could be one giant test to start things off. What if it is a test? Oh god, it must be a test! I haven't had time to study, I don't even know what it's on! If I fail are they going to send me back home already? What will my parents say wh-

Suddenly realizing that she had been standing in front of a boat, giving herself a mental breakdown for several minutes, Kara blushed deeply. Feeling the warmth in her cheeks, she looked around slowly, hoping no one had noticed her mini-freak out, but still fully expecting the entire school to know about it within an hour. Still red-faced, Kara stepped into the currently unoccupied boat and sat down, waiting for them to pull off so she could hopefully put this embarassing moment behind her.

ooc:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:31 am

I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -He raised a brow at the sarcastic tone, but seeing as he didn't want to run the risk of being a rambler again- - - here he heaved a deep, mental sigh- - - the de Assi wisely kept his mouth shut.

Addressing the latter part of David's response, he leaned back and crossed his arms, thoughts busy running again. "It is unpleasant, to be determined by the actions and lives of people who came before you, but I like to look at it as a challenge. It's an incentive for me to work harder to change the way the world sees me and to differentiate myself as my own person." His eyes drifted towards the dark, gleaming surface of the lake, recalling how everyone treated him after the incident, as he referred to it in his mind. How people saw him as an asset, instead of a human. How he was expected to make the right decisions right away. How he was supposed to end the family line. It was his best-kept secret, next to his condition. The spite and dislike that ran through him towards his relatives ran deep, and nothing short of a miracle of miracles would change that. It was horrifying to witness what people would do for wealth and status and power.

He intended to remedy that before he went. Fingering the vial of his life and death in his pocket, he smoothed his fingertips lightly over the warm glass.

He would make sure of it.

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:42 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: school uniform in plain black

A challenge?

"You have a more optimistic view of the problem than I do," David said politely. "I decided to give up on the problem and merely pursue my own dreams. If they see my accomplishments as a product of my breeding than that is their problem. I have better things to preoccupy my time with then trying to change people's perceptions. Then again I've always been more of a realist." In David's view you would never be able to change people's view that your achievements had something to do with your family heritage. And maybe it was partially true, smart parents did tend to produce smart children. But, David liked Kas's view that people's cemented view could be changed about at least him.

He smiled genuinely and said, "However, I've always admired and liked optimists. If we were all realists it would get awfully depressing."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:57 am

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -"You have a good view on this, though," Kas commented, gesturing a hand out to encompass some intangible thing. "Your way is commendable as well. The making a mark on the world thing is simply a personal thing with me." he explained. "Even if only for a brief span of time, I want to be acknowledged as my own person, whether good or bad. Cliche, I'm aware, but we do have a very limited time here and I intend to put it all to good use and enjoy myself before succumbing to the sleep with no waking. Having as few as possible regrets when that time comes is a happy thought," he finished, a warm, reminiscent smile playing on his lips. That would truly be something worth having.

But, anyway.

Shifting from the topic- - - he was aware how depressing he had made it- - - he nodded to the rest of the students seated in the boats. "How do you think they'd be like? They'll be company too for the rest of the year, and the years to come."

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:10 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

God... if he knew my parents' story then there'd be a cliche for him.

David appreciated the shift in topic and said, "Oh, I figure there will be a variety. Catharine and I sat on the train with two other girls. Leo or Leonette and Claire. Claire reminded me of someone who desperately wants to play the game the old families do but she's like a child who knows how to play checkers trying to play chess." He nodded towards the blonde Claire who was in the boat with the gameskeeper looking a bit unsure at the water. Perhaps he was a bit harsh in his analysis but it was accurate. "I'd say give her a couple years and the wrong mentoring and she'd be a force to reckon with if you weren't clever or grew up with the game. Still worth avoiding now."

He shrugged and said, "Leo was nothing like Claire though. Bright, bubbly. Innocent. Definitely not familiar with the kind of houses where things go bump in the day or night."

He sighed glancing out at all the boats and his peers in them, "Like I said, there will be a variety. Isn't that why there are the four houses? Obviously there are some key character differences in a great number of us."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:15 am

User Image

Catharine at first had been silent because she had been thinking. Truly, she had been considering the questions, looking up in the direction of the Castle where her future House mates waited. Right up in till family fell into the conversation. Seriously for chaps that aren't fond of them they talk about them a lot, she thought as she sighed and waited for the eventually topic change. It was coming. As much as they kept bring it up and she kept avoiding it, they would eventually hit something that would push the topic along. When it did she blinked and the smirked.

"I thought you were suppose to the optimist?," she joked. Then leaned back to glance back and forth at all the rest of their future year mates. Then took a breath through her nose as she pressed her lips together. Then sudden leaned forward saying, "I'd say they aren't a bad lot. Could be worst, saying that in comparison to what I couldn't begin to imagine. Still the whinging bloke over there makes me wonder if this boat count as on school grounds."

"Being serious though, I agree with David. Though don't get me wrong, I've no idea what game he's talking about and am pleased to stay that way. I met Claire before the train and basically she's a poltergeist with a thin sugar coating... and an apparent fear of water,
she noted as she glanced over to the girl in question. Actually she hadn't been in question, but going with the topic.

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:30 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -So he wasn't the only one in his dislike! That was oddly comforting to know.
Looking over at the boy in question, he summed up the individual in one word.

Boring.

"He is a bit grating to the nerves, isn't he? It's a shame money can't buy a few manners. He certainly needs it," Kas muttered quietly, leaning back and watching the other kids in their boats. "That girl you mentioned- - - Claire, was it?" he said, distracted, observing the blonde across the short expanse of water. "She acts dainty." It really was all he could say about her for the moment. He didn't have the pleasure of meeting her beforehand, unlike his companions. "And that doesn't sound very appealing at all." Kas crinkled his nose at the image. Nodding over at the redheaded girl next to the 'whinging boy' as Catharine had referred him to, an entertained smirk appeared on his face. "That girl, the one with the loud boy- - - she bumped into me at the station," he explained, smirk still in place. People like her amused him. "She likes to judge, apparently. The look she shot me made me think I ate little children for breakfast."

And that was after a two-second interaction.

"It should provide for an interesting year, anyhow," Kas remarked. "With all the personalities floating around, there will be bound to be a few collisions and maybe even a few fireworks."

Despite all appearances and auras alike, Kas was a people-person, just not in the usual way. His people-person-ness involved a lot of observation and leaning back to enjoy the show.

mc2

StudiousDemoness
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:33 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Oh yeah, most people haven't grown up like apparently Kas or I.

"The Lake is school grounds," David answered Catharine as she spoke up, "and no, we aren't allowed to swim in it on warm days."

He sighed as he wondered how to explain 'the game'. Catharine might not want to know, but it would be good for her to know. "Politics. Old families. The rich. They play this sort of 'game' as I call it. It's where you smile and can just as easily with that smile plunge a knife in that person's heart. It is about power and getting what you want-usually at any cost. It's two faced and manipulative. That is the game."

David glanced back at Kas and smiled, "I suppose it will be interesting with all the different personalities floating around. Me, you will see mostly in the library though."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:12 am

User Image

"Who said he'd get the chance to swim?," she muttered still smirking. Then grew a bit more serious as she contemplated what David was saying. She wasn't ignorant or at least did think she was, but considering her own life she didn't think she would have been able to handle it. Well, at least the smiling part and then coming out of it. She glanced at both boys quickly, more impressed with as she figured that her father must have lived like they did when he was younger.

The thought of her father made her want to twist her face up, even it was in sympathy. Instead she closed her eyes and gave a false yawn, which turned into a real one half way through. Finally she said, "Never been more pleased to be...poor"

She shrugged, "Personally, you'll find me...I don't know really. The Library is interesting, but I'm done reading just anything. My mum has told me a number of times that 'Knowledge is everywhere'. So I intend to go looking for it."

[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Contemplating letting out a nervous laugh, Kas decided against it and simply kept his silence.

How was one to respond to that?

Addressing the latter part of Catharine'e answer, he put in his own two cents. "I'll be where the food is, most likely," Kas shrugged. Gracefully. Of course. Madam Bao would have his head if he hadn't. "Either that, or outside." He figured it wouldn't be long until everyone witnessed his fondness for food. And he was justified. Food was just lovely. Speaking of lovely, yes, knowledge was too. "The Library does sound fascinating. I'd like to read up more extensively on many subjects and Hogwarts does have one of the most impressive collections of literature, or so I've heard. I'm more looking forward to meeting the ghosts, however. I wager they'd have much to tell." Kas let himself drift off into the musings of what exactly the ghosts had to tell. He knew it would be interesting at the least. Going from his experience with the Madam, it would be very interesting indeed.

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

More pleased to be poor? Well, I suppose that is one way to look at it.

"Ah, but what is going to be on the OWLs and NEWTs and in our classes will be in the library," David said to Catharine with a smile. "And my mother is under the same sentiment as yours. Apparently to understand Muggle Studies better she dated a half-blood for a semester." He rolled his brown eyes, "And she still does not see how doing so was amoral of her."

"Anyways, I intend to avoid my mother's advice," He said, "and earn my grades the old fashioned way with studying and hard work."

"I suppose I'll get out of the library on the nicer days," He said, "but you two should visit me sometime down in the library when the weather is bad-or you have had your fill of food. I have already read all my textbooks for this year... um... at least twice... so I'd say I'm a little bit ahead so if you have any questions..."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 am

User Image

"I can understand not wanting to take that approach to learning...it'd avoid a great deal of messy emotional stuff," Catharine finished with a mock sigh of prudishness before continue in a deeper comically serious tone false french accent, " 'Nothing is more distract that the dallies of the heart'. That is what my Piano instructor once told me. Seriously though, I wouldn't take that path either though."

"As for it all being in the Library, I don't think a book can hold and flick your wand for you. They can't take your practical exam, either. Plus there is only so much you'll get out of books, I read our textbooks 5 times. I've gotten it impressed into my memory and I still doubt that I can change a match into a needle,"Though that might be because of my lack of magical talent, she thought to herself making her sigh. Leaning forward until her elbows rested on her thighs and her chin on her fists she continued, "I'd have never thought of you, Kas as a food lover. Just being truthfully, I figured you say that you were eager to spend your time in the Library with David."
[{o.o.C }]

Little Grey Sparrows
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 am

User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Five times...? yeah, but I probably had the books memorized the first time.

David chuckled and said, "You don't know my mother: she isn't the type to usually get overly attached to people."

Growing more serious he continued, "As for the practical, I'm not concerned. That is why we have classes and while the practical of magic does involve some talent, it does also involve a great deal of your conviction and confidence to do the magic."

StudiousDemoness
Little Grey Sparrows
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 am

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

✖✖- - -Catharine did have a point there.

Both of them did.

Hearing the number of times the both of them had read over the textbooks, Kas heaved a deep sigh, mourning his unpreparedness. He would have been on the same level by now if his grand-aunt hadn't come by the house to persuade him into giving her half the estate to 'care for.' She had stayed over too. Honestly. He was better than that. Rubbing his temple with a few fingers, he spoke up distractedly. "I might have to take you up on that offer of help for a while- - - just until I catch up with my own reading." Kas grimaced. "I was preoccupied at the time, so I only got to skim through the books. No in-depth reading as of yet. The past few months have been.... eventful... so to speak."

Turning to the girl, he nodded in acknowledgement- - - it wasn't the first time it had happened, and he told her so. "So I've heard. Truth be told, I love reading as well, though I find writing to be more up my alley. But yes, I've always been fond of food, it's just how I am. My instructor dislikes it, but there's not much he can do," Kas grinned. He wasn't solid after all, and Madam Bao could only do so much as a ghost. "And I doubt it would be too much trouble. From what I've observed, technique is a large part of spellwork and the reading could improve on that. On other sorts of spells, I believe emotion and willpower play a significant part too."

Those were, in fact, the areas Kas was most worried about. Mostly the willpower bit. He could be a horribly unmotivated person sometimes, and he knew that would be one of his greatest liabilities.

mc2

StudiousDemoness

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games