Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:52 pm

UglyCoyoteNG
surprised Weee~ mantises. They shed real fast?
Pretty fast. I would say probably only a half hour at most. Shehim (<.<) is already done, though it will take about an hour or two till hisher body hardens up. Looks all ghostly white right now.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:28 pm

creepy biggrin i'd like to see sometime.

UglyCoyoteNG

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:57 am

Well, my life must be a magnet for drama.....

My sister collapsed at the shopping centre and had to be taken to the hospital. I won't go into too much detail about it, but she blacked out several times due to her heart condition.... her ECG was very interesting though.

Anyway, I missed out on dinner, oh well, packet pasta for me tonight.

But the other thing that happened was me and my other sisters were in the car waiting for my dad, with me in the driver's seat. And I saw my dad coming so I started the engine, which I've done several times before, then my sisters start screaming at me to turn it off. What were they think? I don't know which pedal is which.... I CAN'T DRIVE......

Anyway.... life is never dull.....
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:33 am

I react... strangely to animals. Recently ... well, I'd repressed the memory, because I'd been told before, but recently I found out my elder brother did, too. (It may be related to the fact that he is completely out of contact with reality, or it may not be, no idea.)

I wonder if it's genetic, or if it's from how we were socialized. Well, I am furry...

Shaviv

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:43 am

O.o what do you mean by strangely? <.<
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:50 am

Rainey_angel81
Krissim Klaw
Eek, my largest baby mantis is shedding for his second time. I completely did not expect it to be this soon. I even had him out only a few minutes ago and he was running around and everything. Then the next thing I know I'm taking the cage of the window ledge and there he is mid shed *prays to the mantis gods to be forgiven for disturbing a mantis during the shedding process*

This is the second mantis that shed today. @.@ Should have guessed it with the rain hanging in the air like it is.

ee...I think that would be neat to watch.

Is it like a cicada? You know, how they molt and they leave behind that shell thingy? o.o"

FogSage

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:04 am

For anyone who has been stolen from (artwise), here is something that may be of interest so you can understand how copyright works.
http://www.copyright.com/ccc/do/viewPage?pageCode=cr11-n
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:42 am

Leyla Giselle
For anyone who has been stolen from (artwise), here is something that may be of interest so you can understand how copyright works.
]http://www.copyright.com/ccc/do/viewPage?pageCode=cr11-n

Keeping in mind you can get copyright protection for a particular piece of work, but not for characters. If you want to protect your character then you need to get the trademark. Without a registered trade mark someone can make use of your character anyway they want and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Also keep in mind that there is little legal course of action for someone merely claiming the work of someone else unless they are someone profiting from it. As well as you cannot copyright a pose, but you can a composition. Meaning that if someone is tracing or using your piece as a base and make enough changes there is nothing you can do, but if they are basically coping the whole piece only in their style then yes they are breaking copyright.

But again, if someone is not profiting from breaking the copyright you will find yourself unable to do much other than get a cease and desist order brought up against them. Which is far easier to do if you own the trademark right for your character and can claim they are using your characters without permission.

Companies such as Disney, WB and Nintendo are known for pulling that legal maneuver. Though usually only to put a stop to their characters being used in a manner that they do not approve. Not really heard any cases where they sued for any monetary compensation.

Oh, little thing worth mentioning to any fan artists out there. Every time you use a corporate character in your drawings you are infringing on their trademark, you are breaking the law and you are committing theft intellectual property. Especially if you do not take time to note the proper owner much as how one must reference their sources on a research paper.

Selene Aries

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:55 am

I've never understood fanart or how anyone can feel right drawing another character they didn't create or weren't commissioned to do. And most people butcher the characters, throwing them in out of character manners. This is why I stopped reading and writing fanfics. It's out of hand how obsessed my fans got over a shitty Inuyasha fanfic. And yes, I kept all that in mind Diana. blaugh
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:36 pm

Hello AFG! sorry I've been gone for the past...You know what it'll just be quicker to re-introduce myself razz

Hi, I'm Aerotan.

Aerotan

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Hello, Aerotan!

I loved that little copyright thing...thanks Sphyxie!

And now for the latest on "Life with Manda":

I shipped out the rest of my crap today....$87...and my cousin handled the transaction...that was lots of fun. We chatted and joked about my moving so far away...it was great. Now the apartment just looks so DEVOID of Me. All of my remaining possessions live in the closet now, and that's the stuff that I'll be carrying with me...

As of tomorrow, I will only have ONE WEEK LEFT at Price Chopper! WOOO HOOO!! *does little dances* I'm gonna miss MOST of the people at Price Chopper, mind you, but the management are just downright IDIOTS. Honestly, if that's all it takes to be in management to make lots of money, what the hell am I doing in school?! At any rate, I can't wait to be done there...then I have my party, and the graduation, and then I'm off! *wow....amazing how time flies....*
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:51 pm

A little victory dance for me here.

Our guide dog puppy, Bismark is in Phase 8 of guidework training. He has two phases left before being placed with a blind person and into a graduating class. I'm so happy, he'll be our third puppy to graduate that we have raised. WOOHOO
*victory dance*

Rainey_angel81

Shaviv

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:23 pm

Krissim Klaw
O.o what do you mean by strangely? <.<

lol.

For what it's worth, I've written about other people's characters and the like - sometimes on their request, and sometimes just with their permission - but it was never what you could call a proper commission.
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:19 pm

*sniffs* I have a hunch that someone here has been really trying to get attention lately... I think my detective skills are in order.

Record Producer Jay-Z

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:26 pm

OOOOooooooooooooooooooo I know this, it was the butler, it's always the butler. ninja
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games