Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Edi Gathegi, Ashley Greene, Peter Facinelli, Anna Kendrick and other actors have also read the Twilight series, but that doesn't mean they're ALL going to do a good job.

And..I dunno about you..but the thing I was looking forward to the most is seeing all the hot guys, more specifically hot Edward..
But so far, the hottest ones of the cast are Kristen Stewart and Anna Kendrick-they aren't even vampires..
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:42 am
Soooooooooooo HOOOTTTTT!!!!!  

crazy_blonde_chicky

8,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100

rags to ribbons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:31 am
when i first heard he was going to play Edward Cullen, i didnt like the idea. but after watching The Goblet of Fire again, i realized that Robert is oneofthehottestguysiveeverseen.

yeah, i think he would be good for the part of Edward.
but i still like Gaspard Ulliel for the part as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:32 am
Couldn't they choose someone more cute?  

[ Monkey Of Doom ]

music girl_123456

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:50 pm
rags to ribbons
when i first heard he was going to play Edward Cullen, i didnt like the idea. but after watching The Goblet of Fire again, i realized that Robert is oneofthehottestguysiveeverseen.

yeah, i think he would be good for the part of Edward.
but i still like Gaspard Ulliel for the part as well.

i agree i think that robert will do a good job biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm
I actually think he's pretty awesome! But i kinda imagined edward to slightly more... refined? is that the word i'm looking for? anyway, i think he'll be great and i wish him the best of luck *is currently restraining herself from squealing VERY loudly* 3nodding heart mrgreen 4laugh ninja whee  

Dark_Rose_Aeris

4,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

KratosMaiden117

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 am
In the way of looks he can't pull Edward off perfectly,but who knows with acting really. I'm gonna have to see the movie now to see how he does in the movie and I know where it's currently being filmed. Can't wait. ^ ^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:51 pm
As the popular belief is, they need to just CGI Edward. Sorry Bella. twisted  

Loveless in the Twilight

Autipooh626

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:56 pm
okz...
i luv edward <3 who doesn't? heart heart heart
but... i have 2 say i don't like rob as edward = i could choose a bttr guy. But... i can't change what they've chosen haha. so ...I'll live w/ him but still D:

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:14 am
He doesn't Look Edward, but he can Act Edward.
And that's the most important thing.

But I will be very miffed at the choice if he doesn't attempt a Chicago accent.

Because Robert is definitely.. British.  

Dragoste Moon

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:00 pm
People in Chicago have a different accent?  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:23 pm
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
I was/am so mad!
Robert cant be Edward.
Edward if supposed to be this
beautiful and perfect looking being.
Robert just isnt right..ugh!
The Edward i imagined was Hayden
Christensen..
Ugh..the only person i'm actually
happy about is Jacob Black.
But the sad thing is Taylor Lautner
(Jacob Black) is better looking than
the Edward. man im so depressed cry
even Bella looks all wrong..*sniff*  

HRH_Chrisroshanco

takara kagami

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:44 pm
I think he is a good choice for Edward. Though he may not be what everyone fantasized, however in the end, this is how it is with books that become movies. One reads a series, and imagines their perfect *insert character name*, and the actor cast is never completely right. None the less, he is good looking, and he is a good actor. And the acting is the more important aspect of the movie. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:50 am
I agree 100% however i have not seen him in harry potter so i have neer seen him act. I think if you look at the more recently posted pictures the make us did wonders (except he was a bit too pink) and i dont think they could have found someone to live up to our inhumainly high expectations of what edward is supposed to look lke so they did the best they could, and personally my biggest concern is his acting abilities i would most definatly be pissed if they picked some georgous guy that could not act his way out of a wet parer bag and hollywood has been known to do that. and like Twilight x Angel said i cant judge him till i see it.

Well i am tired cuz it is 3:50 in the morning so i am going to bed goodnight.

~Twilight x Angel~
At first I was a little upset, but then I realized that they could have chosen a worse actor, and actually, I sorta like this guy!
I personally have only seen him in Harry Potter, but if he would just get a haircut... and wear makeup.... and maybe lift some weights... he might do okay.
Besides, just think about all the magic hollywood can make happen (I sound like an advertizement XD).
And another thing, the picture used on Stephenie's website really doesn't do him justice. It's really not the most flattering of pictures. So I googled him, and I found one that I like a lot better. Whatchu think?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Not to bad. right? I can actually see him as Edward a little. Like I said though, I think he needs to do something else with his hair.

In Conclusion: I really don't think we can judge him until after we see him in the movie.

minnalinn

The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces