Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:27 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Riley felt a tad bit sheepish as Adele went on about being almost mental to put your name in the cup. The Slytherin tried to keep light hearted at it as she bit her lip once more. ”Erm. I suppose…You’ve got a point; Yes.” She nodded with a few other things the girl was telling her. In complete honesty she wasn’t really even listening to her, just somewhat agreeing. Adele seemed to be the one to carry on a bit too much than others about the same thing. Being polite Riley listened. When her rant came towards the Yule ball the girl’s eyes gave a slight flash. In all honesty she loved the idea of the Yule Ball. She wasn’t quite sure why; She couldn’t dance worth anything. She was such a klutz. But all in all she loved the idea of the whole thing. It was sort of a good idea to her in the first place. She’d heard from people the beginning of the dance was sort of dull and slow if you’d not know how to dance the traditional way. She was told though after that hassle of the formalities the dance was rather fun, and more of a set back setting. She’d heard one of her friends compare it to a muggle prom. That confused her for she had no idea what they were like in the first place, but she was sort of willing to try something new.

The large wooden door gave what sounded as a quiet squeak compared to all the noise in the room; and there behold a burden of her day. The youngest potter boy entered the room. Most likely just now getting up even though all the commotion of the day. As he walked down and sat by his sister Riley found herself sort of watching him for only a split moment before turning back to her plate as he turned his head. With her quick action of turning she managed to knock her glass of pumpkin juice; As the thick juice oozed down the side of the table riley quickly grabbed a napkin by her side and dripped up the oozing mess. Her cheeks had turned a deep shade of pink as a few other slytherin’s giggled at her. That sort was always happening. Letting out a deep sigh of stress She finished sopping up the mess before trying to ignore the whole thing in general and turning back to Adele

Um. Yes im excited for tonight” The girl ignored her mishap and tried to keep the subject to Adele’s conversation. Truth be told she was rather excited for their event tonight, She was sort of jittery now though. Placing her hands on her lap the girl let out a deep breath as she tried to calm herself. She looked at Adele and spoke once more ”The Tunnel could surely lead us to almost anywhere. Any place in particular you’d like it to lead to?”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:35 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I've made up my mind, don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong I'm right, no need to look no further
This ain't lust, I know this is love
But if I tell the world, I'll never say enough
'Cause it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do if I'd end up with you

User ImageIt wasn't difficult for Adele to notice just how distracted Riley was. Though she ranted well enough, she could see and hear the evidence of a girl not paying attention. But something must have really been bothering Riley, considering her entrance a bit earlier. So, Adele ignored it and decided not to bring it up. It would only embarrassed Riley. As soon as the pumpkin juice was spilled, Adele did her best to help Riley with the mess. She'd done this plenty of times and knew how mortifying it could be to spill something all over the place in front of everyone. Luckily, everyone was so distracted by what was going on in the Great Hall that night that nobody even turned to look at them as they quickly and efficiently cleaned up the spilled pumpkin juice. "There we go...all better now. You know...sometimes I have days where I drop everything or I just knock stuff over all day. They're like clumsy days or something. It's frustrating..." She smiled.

Now that it everything was cleaned up, Adele listened as the other girl asked her question. "Hmmm...Well, it would be awesome if it led to the Forbidden Forest. Of course, another tunnel o Hogsmeade wouldn't be a terrible thing either. Then we wouldn't have to wait until Hogsmeade weekends to get a bit of butterbeer and firewhiskey. But to be honest, I don't much care where it goes, as long as I'm not stuck in the dormitories all night." It was a terrible thing to be bored with life. Since when did she have to sneak out and break the rules in order to feel alive? There was no thrill to her life anymore. Everything was about her mother, the slut. So after years of pining for her mother's attention, Adele was resigning herself to silly attempts to do reckless things at school. If she could find a way to Hogsmeade every night, she would surely party there almost all the time. Of course, she always took part in some of the crazy Slytherin parties, getting sloppy drunk and doing stupid things because of it. Why? For the mere thrill. It was definitely a bit sad.

Looking at Riley, Adele smiled. "I can't wait to see where this tunnel will take us! I'm so terribly excited that it seems the minutes have grown longer," she said with a small laugh. She wasn't usually this upbeat and happy. Usually, Adele was a grump. She liked being grumpy. She was comfortable with telling people to go away and leave her alone. Now, she was practically giddy with the chance to break out of the Slytherin Dormitories at night.

Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere?
Or would it be a waste, even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there?

youLOVEamelia
Captain

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:26 pm

User Image

Riley shared almost the same enthusiasm that Adele did. Her eyes gleamed as she thought of what they’d be able to find. The thought of gallivanting at night out near the small village that was only able to weekend of holiday use would be well…Brilliant! Riley imagined a nice cup of butter beer. It made her throat warm up all on it’s own with just he mere thought. Smirking a bit at this new side of Adele she realized that she’d not really seen any side to Adele other than her normal out toned face. A somewhat relaxed look hit the Slytherin’s face as she looked at Adele.

All this talk of going tonight made the girl just even more exuberant than she would have been in a few hours. Glancing to her cousin diagonal to her at the far side of the table she wondered for a moment on who was coming all with them. All she really knew was Scorpius, Adele and she. Her brow rose in thought as she tried to figure out who else would be with them. Her cousin had not verified the true answer of his slytherin friend, nor what Riley assumed as the two Ravenclaw girls her cousin was flirting with earlier. It’d be a small gather together if it was only them. What a shame that would be. Pulling a piece of scrap paper from her note book she scrawled on it and folded it. Yelling her cousins name down the table she blew at the piece of folded paper and the note landed in front of her cousin. He opened it, and with a quick few scratches of his Quill he sent it back to her. Opening the parchment the girl read it and let out a sigh. Looking at Adele she spoke. ”Seems a party of four is only yet to small. And my Cousin and Brother make it a very dull party indeed.” She honestly wanted a few others to come; at least to keep watch for them. As well as having both people of her family with them. That was sort of vial to her. Marking checkpoints and keep some sort of track where they were headed they needed more people for that sort of thing. ”If we find something interesting I think we should use these tunnels to our advantage at all times. I mean we can get out of Hogwarts and use simple charms to make our faces look a tad different, yes? Well if that’s the case this could be…Well…Enormous!” The Fifth year was truly getting into this idea. Being sneaky wasn’t always so bad, was it?

Crossing her arms in front of her body the girl tried to figure out what some of the tunnels could be. ”From what Scorpius has spoken of they have different ways in. Different way’s out. That kind of thing. He’s also said he’d founded a map of sorts.” the girl paused before adding ”I believe he just drew the map.” She muttered with honesty. She was hesitant on almost on everything he told her. He was rather a trickster.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:27 pm
Its been one week since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side and said I'm angry.
Five days since you laughed at me
Saying get that together come back and see me.
Three days since the living room
I realized its all my fault, but couldn't tell you
Yesterday you'd forgiven me
But it'll still be two days till I say I'm sorry

User Image Gregory Leo Wood User Image

Gregory scratched the back of his head in embarrassment at Evangeline's comment. Had he actually been smiling that much? Don't get him wrong, he was terribly excited for the tournament and the Yule Ball, but he did not like to show off his inner emotions. Just the thought of going head to head with two of the best wizards of their generation made his heart race with eagerness. The Ravenclaw Seeker could not wait to look danger in the eyes and make his school proud. To be honest, Gregory felt that he needed to prove to the world that the house of Ravenclaw was not only for a bunch of bookworms who had lousy social skills. He also felt that he he needed to make his teachers proud bu showing everyone what they had taught him. He could show them his appreciation by claimed the Triwizard Cup for himself. But he could not let all of this go to his head. If he did, then he would probably become a snob like one of the Slytherin students glaring in his direction at the moment.

"Yes, I do have a date and I'm simply excited be participating in such a honorable tournament with you two," he replied with an eager grin across his face. What he meant was true. The two people before him would be the toughest people to beat. Some people had expressed that they felt that Hogwarts wasn't doing as much as they could to prepare their students for the real wizard world, and that Beauxbaton and Durmstrang students were on a whole different level then those at Hogwarts. It might be true, but Gregory Leo Wood would be delighted to prove them wrong by winning this tournament. How hard could it be really? The unfortunate death during the last tournament was only because of the rise of the dark lord, and he was long dealt with now. While Abel and Evageline spoke amongst themselves about the upcoming ball, Greg let his eyes wander through the group of people in front of him.

The scene was still the same from the last time he looked at the tables. Every table, other than the Slytherin table obviously, were celebrating the choosing of the champions, but the Ravenclaw table was just a little bit more louder. They all frantically talked to their friends about what difficulties the tasks could contain and which champion they thought would be the winner. Of course everyone at the Ravenclaw Table hoped that Gregory would pull of the victory, but the still had some doubts about his skills. Perhaps that was because of the stereotypes used for recognizing members of their house. How could Gregory win if he had his nose in a book every moment of his life? To be honest, he did not think that he had ever sat down and read an entire book before. He hadn't even opened his History of Magic book yet! Then something strange caught his eye. The son of the great Harry Potter, Albus Potter, had strolled into the Great Hall unnoticed by his excited peers and extremely late for supper.

Greg watched as Albus strolled down the row between the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw table, the two celebrating the most, and sat down next to his sister. They talked for a few moments, but then they both got up and left the room. This confused him greatly. The Potter boy had seemed depressed for most of the week, so he had a reason for not showing up on time. But why had Lily decided to leave with him before everyone else was dismissed. He knew that all this hype about the tournament was probably not her thing, but leaving before being dismissed by the headmistress seemed like something she wouldn't do. Then Gregory glanced over at the staff table and wondered when everyone could go back to their common rooms. He was kind of growing tired of standing up here in the spotlight, and wondered if he could at least go sit down at his table.

How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
Cant understand what I mean? you soon will
I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
I have a history of losing my shirt

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 am
User Image

User ImageAdele listened to Riley before saying anything else. "You know, it might not be such a bad idea to go in a small group for now. A few more people wouldn't be a bad thing, but do we really want everyone knowing about this? It could be our little secret. Imagine if all the Slytherins knew about it. Nobody would ever be in the common room anymore. If anything we should be discreet and careful about who we do tell," she reasoned. If too many people knew about it, it would certainly ruin their fun. "But yeah! If the tunnels lead outside of Hogwarts, I'm gonna so be outside every night! Well...maybe not every night, but a lot. How amazing would that be? We could have like...a secret life. How exciting!" She'd never been so excited in her entire life. She could forget the tournament altogether. This would be far more exciting than any stupid tournament could ever be.

"So this tunnel could lead us to a bunch of different places? I wonder why someone would make that in the Slytherin Common Room. Not that I'm complaining, but someone had to have had some purpose for putting these tunnels there." She laughed at Riley's comment about Scorpius having drawn the map. "Haha, that's likely. We'll just have to make our own map when we go investigate tonight." That would make it even more exciting. They would be like explorers looking for their own discoveries. They would just have to record every single turn they took. And wherever they ended up, they wouldn't be in the Slytherin dormitories, and that was all Adele could possibly ask for.

((Sorry it's so short. My brain is fried))

Should I leave it there?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:32 am

User Image

Riley herself wondered for a moment on if they were truly getting out of this great hall at any time? The time itself seemed to drag on for…Well ever. She knew it was partly because of the tournament champions being chosen, but in all. This drove her mad. Looking from table to table, each house seemed to be exuberant with this news. Her house though; They sort of did what was usual for them. A few more goofing off sort of happenings tonight but all in all most of them just sat there and talked amongst each other as they did every night. Looking about the table she noted her brother Darius speaking with their cousin. She watched with a curious eye wondering what they were speaking of. A few more seconds of blabber kept on with the two from her perspective before Darius looked at his sister, then to Adele. His eyes fixed on Adele for a moment figuring who the girl was. Riley didn’t think that they’d ever even spoken. The seventh year slytherin turned to his cousin again and spoke before the two both got up and walked to Riley and Adele. Darius crossed his arms as he looked in his sisters direction. If he didn’t want her to come tonight, then he was just out of luck, because she was coming. His brotherly stance did noting for scaring her, or worrying her as she knew he’d hoped it would. It only gave her a bit of annoyance boiling up in side her.

Both her brother and her cousin stood before the two. She wondered if they were ready to be off then? Early? Well there wasn’t a penalty for leaving the great hall. And them being slytherin sort of helped their case. And yet it added more too it in a manner of speaking. Riley waited. Just to wait for one of them to speak. Scorpius took up the challenge ”We’ve decided we should leave now. While everyone is here still.” Riley was slightly surprised at her brother and cousin’s slightly brilliant idea. Leaving now would help them all get to the tunnels faster, and also leaving now would give them for time they’d want. Riley glanced to Adele as to ask her what she thought before answering the question herself. She knew Adele wanted to go as much as her. So what would leaving early do anything to them? She gave a slight smirk to the two before giving her answer. ”Yes, it sounds like a good idea. I’d love to leave early. It seems more exciting to me any way. ” It was now up to Adele on if they were to depart now. The other three were ready to leave when she was. Looking at the clock in the great hall it wasn’t too much early. It was now Seven Thirty.

Looking around the great hall again the girl noted they really wouldn’t be spotted at all. Everyone was cheering and laughing still at the cup. The teachers would be the only ones that may notice at all. Looking up at the teachers table she proved herself wrong. The headmistress herself was watching the three chosen one’s very intensively. She was worried for them. Almost every other teacher was speaking with other teachers, or looking to Raven claw table discussing Gregory Lee Wood, in hopes their school would win and bring even more honor to Hogwarts school. Riley glanced the table down once more and then looked at the three before her. ”It’s a wise move to leave now. All the teachers are fawning over that silly Wood from Ravenclaw.”

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 pm
User Image

User ImageRiley was right. The dinner seemed to drag on forever. Nobody else seemed to mind as they preened over the tournament and the Yule Ball and the champions. But Adele was definitely starting to get bored. Conversation with Riley was wonderful, of course, but they didn't have all that much to talk about since they'd only just spoken for the first time. And since they were all pretty much done eating, the silences were getting to be a little awkward. How did everyone else manage to occupy themselves thus far? She looked around and saw how all the other tables besides Slytherin were talking animatedly to one another, almost grasping onto this 'historic' moment as long as they possibly could. She couldn't understand why. Why did this matter to all of them so much? Stupid tournament. Her father would be disappointed to know that she didn't put her name in the goblet. But she would deal with that during the winter holiday.

It was a relief to hear Scorpius suggest they leave the Great Hall before everyone else did. It would certainly give them a bit of privacy to finish up their planning before all the other Slytherins began to retire to the common room for the evening. Plus, they wouldn't have to deal with the herds of students that would be heading to their respective common rooms all at the same time after dinner was finished. It wouldn't be hard to leave completely unnoticed since nobody was really paying any attention to anyone except for the champions. "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Let's go," she said, standing up. "There's no need for us to stay here and watch the champions any longer. We won't be missed." She started walking towards the entrance to the Great Hall.

If Lily and Albus Potter could get up and leave without anyone noticing, she was sure that a bunch of nobodies could do the same. Yes, Adele thought of herself as a nobody, though her mother always pressed that she thought of herself as a Pureblood. Still, she meant nothing in this world and the world didn't mean much to her. Throwing away that train of thought, she was off to the Slytherin common room.

Should I leave it there?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:00 pm

User Image

Riley’s face lit up as Adele chose to leave early. The time wasn’t an issue any more. Riley honestly would have freaked out if it would have been three o’clock and the group of them had gotten lost in the tunnels, and couldn’t find their way out. Or it took them four hours and people were beginning to get up. That would have been dreadful. Fallowing behind Adele both Scorpius and Darius fallowed suit and fallowed behind her. The four slytherins then left the great hall. Riley sped up slightly to the speed of Adele to be able to at least speak with her as they walked down the halls. The darkened halls around them gave an odd feel. She was never truly scared in the Hogwarts halls. She just knew that they were hiding many many secrets. Some that wouldn’t ever be found, and some that she’d hoped they’d be able to find. She hoped as such. As she walked she glanced back at her cousin and brother. The two were fallowing behind, but at somewhat of a slower and nonchalant sort of air around them as they spoke. She wondered what they were talking about. Shrugging it off the girl turned her head back forward and walked with Adele towards the Commons.

As the four walked down the hall Riley noted a red headed figure in the distance in front of them. Riley hesitated slightly as they kept on going. As they grew closer Scorpius gave Darius a elbow as he smirked slyly. The two soon sped up and Riley was pushed sideways as was Adele in the two’s pursuit to catch speed with the others before them. ”Hey?! What was that for!?” Riley hissed in a loud tone. Darius grinned wide as the two pushed through. ”Haha. Sorry Sis!” Both He and Scorpius had now reached the two Potter siblings and were grinning wildly at them. Riley muttered something to herself as she gained back her balance. By the time she’d realized what they were doing the boy’s had already began their teasing.

The two stood separate sides. One aside Lily and the other aside Albus. Darius grinned as he looked to his cousin and began to sing ” In the hallowed halls of Hogwarts,Is a house that's known to all;” Scorupius chuckled as he continued his cousins words ” Its specialty is winning, And the Hiss its battle call” The slytherin beater cheered with glee. Both the two were singing in a sing song sort, much like twins. They did grow up together. [[I imagined sort of like Fred and George bantering style. Haha.]] The horrid thing was, they didn’t have to say anything to plan this. They did it all improved; and that scared riley. Darius then gave Scorpius a wink and the two sang the next part in unison ” Slytherin teams are never beaten, Our ambitions keep us keen; Fighting for the only colors, Silver and Green!” The two finished the verse of one of the many Slytherin fight songs and then laughed again. Riley thought they were ruthless. Letting out a deep sigh she knew they were just starting.

”Green and Silver! Green and Silver!” Scropius chanted. Darius gleamed as he turned his head and looked at Riley. Turning his head back towards his ‘Prey’ he cheered ”Yeah! You better watch your back Lily Potter. Our Seeker has serious Green and Silver slytherin pride!” Scorpius finished his cousin’s taunt looking at not Lily but at Albus. Riley wondered if his cousin had heard of their sort of “Mishap” Earlier. ”Yeah, Potter Watch your back!” To Riley the two seemed rather redundant. She wondered why they were being so rude? A slytherin has pride like every other house, but it seems they just had a more of a way of showing it. The two boys seemed to be taking amusement of this whole thing which bothered her. The only thing the Frizy haired Slyherin could to was wait.

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:21 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User ImageLily was almost startled when the Slytherin boys started chanting at her and her brother, but by then she was quite used to it. Being on the Gryffindor Quidditch team and the seeker as well always made you open to these sorts of taunting. But what bothered Lily more was the fact that the Slytherins were one Scorpius Malfoy and Darius Renolds, Riley's brother. And Riley stood there watching as they berated the two Potter children. Lily wondered what Albus was thinking as soon as she laid eyes on Riley. Somehow, it seemed like all the old stereotypes were coming back. Her father had always told them not to be mean to Slytherins just because of their house. He always said not to be mean ever, of course. But these two were keeping up those old, traditional stereotypes that most were done with.

So Lily smiled. It was odd certainly, but there it was. She would never let two silly boys intimidate her, especially when it came to quidditch. She knew she was one heck of a seeker. Her true competition was Gregory. "That's funny that you should say that when I clearly remember kicking your butt in the last match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. How silly," she said sarcastically. It wasn't much like her to be sarcastic, but when two people got in her face and started making jabs at her, it was only fair that she should retaliate in such a fashion. "Don't you all have anything to do other than waste my time?" The Slytherin girls, Riley and Adele, hadn't said anything, but they certainly weren't helping the situation either. And Lily already had had a run in with Riley. She was sure that the girl hated her by now.

The redheaded girl noticed the way Scorpius looked at her brother as he taunted them. He and Riley were cousins. Perhaps she'd told him about whatever happened between her and Albus (whatever that may be...Lily was still clueless). Albus certainly wasn't telling Lily what was going on, but it was possible that Riley had confided in either her brother or her cousin. Why not? That was what normal siblings and family members did. Maybe...nah...she couldn't betray her brother's trust by asking Scorpius if he knew anything. It had to be up to Albus whether or not she knew anything...right? But she wanted to know desperately. Lily had a habit of trying to fix everyone else's problems. This was probably why she was still single while she helped to hook up random couples throughout the school. The nosy one never makes any news herself, right? Regardless, she had other things to think about now.

For one, Lily did wonder where exactly they were going. Sure, the Slytherins weren't as 'School Pride' as everyone else, but Lily expected them to be just as excited about the tournament and the choosing of the champions as everyone else in the Great Hall. Obviously, they had better things to do.

Winters have come and gone you know
But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 pm

User Image

[[Sorry it took me so long. I got super side tracked for like twenty minutes.]]

Knowing this would happen, Lily Potter grew annoyed at her brother and cousin’s silly immature words. They thought it was interesting and fun. But it wasn’t to a Girl. Taking a deep breath Riley looked to her feet for a moment. She didn’t know why her brother did these sort of things. Maybe it was because scorpius had been with him for so much of his childhood? They were very much alike, and Scorpius was so much like his Father it was crazy. He wasn’t a Malfoy for nothing. It bothered her that he was like that though. For her father was a Gryffindor as a student here. He was rather tricky like her brother is now. He played lots of tricks and got in to major trouble. But whenever she talked to him about it, he tells her that a house is too much of a label sort anyway. Or at least that’s what he used to tell her. That was before she was able to be in Hogwarts. Maybe his views changed when she turned the age? She herself didn’t know. But more and more he’s became more like her grandfather Malfoy. Which was bitter.

”Come on now boys. You’ve had your so called fun. Let’s go.” Riley muttered as she looked to her brother. Lily Potter looked irritated at her family members and she just didn’t want to get in to anything with the girl after being rude to her earlier. Darius turned his head to his sister with a weird look on his face. ”Ey, what’s wrong with you?” he seemed confused that his sister tried to stop the two from their bantering with the Potter sister. Riley was slightly irritated herself. She didn’t really know why. She had no reason to be truly irritated. Looking Lily potter right in the face she spoke ”Of coarse Adele and I both have something better to do. We were actually attempting to do as such. But these two baboons’s before you are stopping us, like boys have an odd tendency of doing. “ Darius looked to his sister with confusion. ”What are you doing Riley?” Scorpius asked as he looked to the two gryffindors. ”Your mental sticking up for them Potters.” Darius nodded slightly at his cousins comment. Riley’s face turned angry as she looked at her brother. ”What is your issue with them? There of the Gryffindor house. Whatever your problem is with them drop it. Okay? If you have such an issue with them. If you think there such an enemy then father is your enemy as well, is he not? If this is about Quidditch then take it to the field. Because I know I will. ” Her brother only gave her a dimwitted stare as she looked Lily straight in the face. It was like a challenge. She’d lost to Lily last year due to her pure klutziness. Even though she was a Seeker didn’t mean she got any more grace while the game was going.

Riley glanced at Lily and then back to her brother and cousin. She was annoyed beyond belief right now. It seemed to be growing in side her for some odd reason. Looking to Lily she spat. ”Yes. Our father was not slytherin house, thus is why I don’t taunt and think it’s that amazing. Father say’s slytherin house was just as my cousin is, when he came to school. Sly cunning and tricky. “ She seemed to be venting out at almost a complete stranger. She pushed her curly hair from her face as she sighed. This was all to frustrating to her. She figured Adele said nothing because it was well; Adele. She seemed to care little one way or another towards something this trivial. Riley wished she’d be able to do that as Adele did, but it just seemed to irritate her too much.

Feeling like a child Riley realized how silly this all was right now. Who cared what Her brother and cousin did. Her family was just frustrating. Thinking on it now why couldn’t they just leave each other be and be civil with each other? Darius looked to his sister and spoke ”Riley. Don’t tell me your goin’ soft on us?” She gave him a huff as a retort to his comment. She was annoyed is what it was. Why couldn’t she just do as she pleased anyway? Why did her family care so much on it?

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:08 am
Lily | Luna | Potter

User ImageIt was a relief to find that Riley was actually being nice to them. She didn't join in on the taunting because she knew just how dumb it was. That just went to prove that girls knew better than boys because Adele didn't say much and didn't seem to want to get involved either. Lily laughed when he called Riley mental for sticking up for them. "She's not sticking up for us, you prat. She's telling you how stupid you are for thinking you could come over here and bother us just for a bit of fun." She smiled almost politely, but continued. "Really, you should have known better. Not too...sly or cunning of either of you." She smiled even wider at Riley's challenge. Of course it would be a challenge. Hogwarts had four wonderful seekers on its quidditch teams. They were all great. "We'll definitely see what happens in the next match."

Lily wasn't all that surprised to find that Riley's father hadn't been in the Slytherin house. I wasn't like they were Malfoys. Any even if they were, it wasn't uncommon for a child to end up in a different house than his or her father. "Yes, Slytherin is sly and cunning and tricky, excluding these two tosspots here, who seem to love upholding those old Slytherin stereotypes. How terribly mature," she said, a smile still on her face. She could see Riley getting very bent out of shape over this entire thing, which was sill because of how trivial the matter really was. Her brother and her cousin were just being jerks. That was all. Nothing out of the ordinary. Lily didn't care about what house you were in, but she didn't have many kind things to say about Scorpius or Darius. However, she kept her big mouth shut because she always learned that if one had nothing nice to say, to say nothing at all.

She thought it was pretty rotten of Scorpius of all people to come and start making fun of them. Lily's father seems to have gotten over the old rivalry between him and Mr. Malfoy. And her father saved Mr. Malfoy's life! If it weren't for her father, Scorpius wouldn't even exist in this world. Lily didn't think that meant that Scorpius had to like them. No, certainly not. But he ought to have the decency to be nice to them. Or to leave them alone. At Darius's comment to his sister, Lily turned to him. "Riley's not going soft. She's just a whole load smarter than you." It was true too. Lily could see just how annoyed the girl was getting. She would be good for Albus," she thought, looking over at her own brother. She wished he would say something to her. Or that he and Riley could somehow get away from this stupid conflict and talk out whatever issues they had this morning. Lily could imagine the fit Scorpius and Darius would have if Riley and Albus ever dated. She almost giggled at the thought of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

׺°”˜`”°º×» For some reason, her food did not look as appetizing as it had when she conjured it... Instead, looking around her, Minerva observed the happenings around the Great Hall, which as she noticed, were many.

Decades before, she had learned that even though she tried to be as omniscient as possible, one human being could not simply do that without loosing their sanity. Maybe that was why Dumbledore seemed a bit loopy himself? she mused to her own mirth. As the many decades she had on her shoulders had taught her, one could not simply control everything within one's reach, even though this frustrated her greatly at first. Now that she gazed on, she found herself being a bit more... complacent.

Noticing a rather light exchange between Lily Potter and one Scorpius Malfoy (Merlin knew their prejudice against each other manifested itself in far more dangerous incidents than mere taunting), she was not surprised at their chanting or their teasing. What she was surprised about was one Slytherin, Ms. Renolds in particular, had not joined in, but had reprimanded them instead.

It seemed quite peculiar, given her own suspiciousness against Slytherins as well... but she knew it was prejudice talking. She quickly dismissed her thoughts. The face of one Severus Snape reminded her of one other Slytherin that went against the odds.

Changing her focus, she glanced towards the Champions chatting lightly amongst themselves and remembered to talk to Mr. Wood. Standing up carefully so as not to attract much attention, she approached the three Champions still taking pictures and gave Wood a gentle tap on the shoulder.

"Sorry to interrupt your discussion Mr. Wood, but if I may have a quick word with you please?"

User Image  

x-- a i n O a h --x

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:09 pm

User Image

Riley Honestly didn't know what else to say. The curly haired Slytherin looked at her brother for a moment then to Scorpius then on to Lily. This whole ordeal was rather irritating. Her brother ruffled her hair and grinned a her. "What? Your circuits over using themselves?" Darius grinned a bit in a playing fashion a his sister looked at him. Pushing her hair from her face she sighed. Her brother played. That was really usually it. He was super harmless. But Scorpius on the other hand; He was another case. The girl glanced at her cousin. his stance was what she read as bored now. The malfoy son stood with his arms crossed in front of him and a somewhat 'Above it all' sort of look. Riley couldn't understand him some times. She looked at her brother and Grinned at him. "are you two finished then? Can we be going? I'm awfully excited, and this was just very unnecessary." The almond eyed girl looked to Lily Potter and opened her mouth to speak but almost instantly closed her lips. Her eyes looked to her feet. She wanted to first apologize to Lily before really anything. Deciding that here and now wasn't the best idea she kept her thoughts to herself.

Looking at her Cousin and Brother she wondered briefly on what to say for she couldn't think of anything at the moment to say. Darius turned his head towards their soon to be direction. "Scorpius. We should go, soon." There was a sound in the hall behind the group. Scorpius turned his head in time to see two hufflepuff girls walk down the hall. Scorpius turned away from them as they walked past the group before them. One of them looked over in their direction and Scorpius stuck his tongue out; He knew what they were gawking at. Riley knew what they were looking at to and knew why her brother said they should leave. Some people were starting to leave the great hall and go about their ways. Riley Nodded only slightly "Your right Brother, let's go."
They would be busy for a majority of the night, and if they got caught by a fellow slytherin on their way in to the tunnels, then they would be delayed for a long time.

[[Sorry so short. I'm dead.]]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:17 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

User ImageThis whole thing was getting rather stupid. But at least the two Slytherin girls seemed to agree with this assessment. However, when she looked at Scorpius, he didn't look like he was kidding around. Looking at him just made Lily angrier. He looked as though he was so far superior to them and that really ticked Lily off. Just who did he think he was? Lily was just as good at magic, she got good marks in her class (though she sometimes struggled in potions as her father did) and she was good at quidditch. She was every bit as talented as him. Just because she wasn't a pureblood, it seemed like she was nothing. As far as Lily was concerned, it was impossible to be a pureblood without a freakish amount of inbreeding. At least, this was what Lily figured his apparent disdain was reflected upon. "Definitely unnecessary," she agreed with Riley. However, it was pretty easy to rile Lily up when you got in her face. If someone bothered her, she wasn't one to just dismiss it a leave. She liked to have her say.

Now, she would let it rest only because she didn't want to subject her brother to the awkwardness between him and Riley. Also, there was a certain awkwardness between her and Riley after what happened that morning. But they seemed to be okay now. Albus wasn't saying anything so Lily would just let it go. But if Scorpius or Darius said another word against them, she would have to have her say. "Please, do leave us alone now. Whatever you have planned for the night much be much more enticing than this right now," she said to the Slytherins, knowing that Riley would most likely agree and lead the two boys away along with Adele, who hadn't said a word. She didn't really want to include herself in this entire ordeal, something that Lily couldn't blame her for. It was rather disgraceful.

((So short!!!))

youLOVEamelia
Captain

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:57 pm

User Image

The curly haired slytherin looked at Lily Potter debating on speaking one last statement, but yet again she figured her dimwitted brother and cousin would do as such. Before she knew it the girl was biting at her lip once more. Stupid habit. She thought to herself slightly off topic. She wondered what else would be said to set the two girls off. They seemed to have the same fuse when it came to anger, or fighting, or anything of that sort. It almost wanted to make Riley laugh out loud at it. If Riley was in Lily’s place she’d have reacted the same way. She wouldn’t hold it to her for Lily to act the same as Riley did. She found it slightly odd, but yet sort of interesting. She wondered if Lily could truly become a good friend of hers. It took her a while to snap back out of her mind and back to the situation before them.

The slytherin girl looked to the Two Potters, only giving a slight glance at Albus; Then looking at Lily to speak. ”We’ll be off then. I’m sorry.” The girl paused after these words. Wondering if Miss.Potter would understand what they’d meant, it wasn’t aimed for her cousin or brother but their mishap in the owlery. She’d over reacted. She seemed to be doing that lately. ”They are a little off; I’ll attempt to keep them in line next time. They sort of snuck up on both Adele and I in this whole thing.” Riley gave her a sincere look hoping she’d forgive the girl’s rudeness earlier. Now Albus, that was a whole different story. That would be needed for another day. Riley looked to the three slytherins with her and spoke ”Come on guys lets be off them” Both the boy’s gave her an odd look as they began to chatter with each other as they bean to walk to their common room. Riley gave a wave to Lily and turned for fallow Adele, Scopius, and Darius.

Down the moving spiral staircase they went towards the slytherin commons. The four explorers stood now in an empty Hogwarts common room. The green and silver around them was almost overwhelming. She had slightly forgot as such. Looking at the room the girl felt slightly more comfortable here. Scorpius immediately went to the main wall of the commons and looked shiftily through the commons to see if anyone was around. Lifting the tapestry slightly enough to where he could find a brick in the wall. He pushed the brick and the bricked wall slid sideways to open a damp dark tunnel. ”It seems to be closed enough by the tapestry people wouldn’t be looking for it at all.” Riley looked to the dark tunnel and took a step in. Pulling out her wand she spoke ”Lumos” Instantly her wand immolated a pale blue almost white light, leading their way through the new dark adventure before them.

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff