Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gomer Tymur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:38 am
Hello, I'm Gomer, and I'm 13, and I love to read, act, and write. I'm so glad I'm in this guild because 'txt tlk' really annoys me. It's a shame some of my favorite forums are used my 'txt tlk' "people."

Anyways, I am very nice, and often a pushover, so everyone at my school controls me. My favorite types of books are horror and fantasy, and I write mainly poetry.
(Oh, and I live in the US)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:32 pm
Hi folks and folkettes. I'm Joe. I'm auld, very auld. Ok, not that old, but I'm getting the feeling I'm the oldest one on this site. Anyway, I've been online longer than some of you have been alive, and I've seen the steady degradation of the language first hand. It's pathetic. Glad to see there's a bunch of young whipper-snappers out there upholding the right to sound halfway intelligent.  

Pythian

Sir Shay

6,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:47 pm
You know, I don't actually know anyone that really reads all of these, or better yet, cares what they have to say. Every once in a while I like to skim the introduction thread of guilds, just so I can get a general idea of who I'd be most suited to be good friends with.

Everything anyone could really like to know is in my profile, written shortly and succintly for our illiterate Gaian friends.

I'll give [whom ever cares] a basic runthrough, though.

My name is Shay. I'm seventeen years old and I live in Las Vegas. Yes, I do love it here, and no it's not too hot. In fact, I'd prefer if it were hotter [as the place I just moved here from was]. I'm a grammar nazi, but I tend to just bite my lip when I see illiterate typing, and I pass that person by. Unless, of course, I am drawn to them by "Special Circumstances." I'm an avid reader, it runs in the family. I also write a lot. Poetry, fanfiction, and some original fiction. My stories never really tend to get finished though. I need to work on that, I suppose. Closure is a healthy thing. I have two dogs. They are B[ig] J[ohnson], a male blue-nosed pit bull and Lucy, a female red-nosed pit bull. They're both rescued pets. I live with my dad and his girlfriend and her son. I spend a lot of time with my cousin Mandy, and when I have the time I go visit my mom [where I just moved from]. I have a cat there. Her name is Joanna, and she believes herself to be of the canine persuasion. I'm an absolute junkie when it comes to good music, literature, or food. Yeah, even food.

Well, that's really all I have to say at this time. Any other questions can be directed directly to my inbox. Thanks for sticking around and pretending to care caring!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:42 pm
While I am far from perfect gramatically and spelling-wise and often invent words when the existing words don't fit my needs... THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE! A literate oasis in a sea of stupity. mrgreen

I am new in the Guild and thought I would say Hi! pirate

I am... well... OLDER. I admit I over use elipses (and parenthetical asides!). I am single (and slightly heart broken as of last night but that is neither here nor there. Bleh) and live in Utah (that's in America for you grammarians who DON'T know geography xd )

I am going back to school later this month after a few years absense and am very nervous.

I adore children's literature, art, and have a house full of animals that are my "babies."  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

nick nefarious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:36 am
Hello! I'm Nick, and although I'm not perfectly literate, I try to be as literate as possible. If you would like to know more about me, it's all there on my profile page. Any further questions, PM me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:03 pm
Greetings!
I'm very literate and confuse people on a daily basis. My friends tell me constantly that I read way too much, and that my vocabulary is too big. I'm not much on sentence structure, my forte is words. Descriptive and Creative writing are some of my favorite acivities, next to reading!  

Incoherent Philosopher

Baron von Nom Nom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:01 pm
Why, hello there. My name would be Nick, but you can call me Inu. Call me Inu. Nothing else. Ever. Inny, maybe, but stick to Inu. I am a thirteen year old Grammar Nazi. However, before any of you begin complaining, I have good reasoning. Normally, I just pass over any person who decides to rape the English language unless it's open directly for me to say something. A forum topic with no other posters would be a good example. The three things that piss me off more than anything in grammar would be the usage of the word "u", using a period in place of a question mark, and people who assume they know everything just because they can speak Leet. "I know leet, too, losers. In fact, I'm better at it than you are. Any more questions?"

I'm a nice guy if you get to know me, but I'm a pushover. I'm also paranoid and have an extreme case of procrastination. That'll be all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:15 pm
Salutations! I'm Lynxkatt, but you can call me Kelly. I often addle my friends' minds, for I often bewilder them with long vocabulary terms. I enjoy using the internet, and I am "experienced" with the computer and keyboarding.  

Lynxkatt

Moppeh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 am
Hi! You can call me Maia, and I'm so glad to have found a literate haven from chatspeak. I do not go on the normal forums at all, due to my frustration with the horrid grammar and lack of words longer then four letters. I am not that good at spelling, but I can try to improve. I'm very excited about being in this guild! Thanks for accepting my request to join!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:06 am
I thought I should drop in also to introduce myself, since not too many people know me here on Gaia. My name is not Keren, only the character who I've role-played as identifies to that name. I'm Jennifer, or Jen or Jeni, but you can call me whatever you'd like, even if it is Keren. I'm 18 years old, just fresh out of high school.

To be honest, I used to type pretty badly. My grammer skills were horrible, and I'd always place in unneeded elipses (I would put...them... like...every...where...in...every...place...for no good reason...). I would add in random words or say 'heehee' for every response I gave. A very close friend of mine actually inspired me to change the way I typed. To be honest, he intimidated me because he'd always poke fun at the way I did type, but this was years ago. Though, I've never used 'chatspeak' or '1337 5p34k' for anything. I suppose I ought to feel accomplished for that.

As for my likes/dislikes, I absolutely adore cats. I want to equip my avatar with as many kiki and coco kitties as he'll take (Oh, if my name didn't give it away, I am a female wink ). I dislike people who selfishly b***h and whine about their lives, when never attempting to change anything.

I suppose that's all for now. heart  

Keren

DartStriker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:15 pm
Hello everyone! It has been a while since I posted in the G3. I hate to say but life is making me really busy right now. But I noticed in a few of my posts the other day my grammar was lax. So I thought it would be a good time to see if you still wanted me around, maybe I can pick up a few things. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:25 am
I'm The Rays. Call me that or Rae. . .whichever. I use elipses too much and like to type out "haha" when I find something actually funny. I feel it's better than using "lol" because nobody ever laughs out loud when using it. When I use haha or hehe I am laughing and chuckling. . .it's also better than saying something like, "I just laughed at that."

I hope I'm welcome.  

The Rays

Keren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:21 am
The Rays
I'm The Rays. Call me that or Rae. . .whichever. I use elipses too much and like to type out "haha" when I find something actually funny. I feel it's better than using "lol" because nobody ever laughs out loud when using it. When I use haha or hehe I am laughing and chuckling. . .it's also better than saying something like, "I just laughed at that."

I hope I'm welcome.

Agreed with the 'lol' point. I also think that the IM smilies are horrendous and should never be used to express emotion, (although I like many of the Gaia emoticons). *Grin* <--- Sometimes I'll pull that off, though. Or even a *Dies laughing*.

Nice to meet you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:48 am
I am Falcon Samilka. I'm dyspraxic, just to warn you all. (I was once asked to work out the total amount of gold in a user-run bank- I managed an amount almost double to the ACTUAL amount... ninja )

Oh, and the first thing I'm going to do is rampage until the King's English on the front page is replaced by the Queen's English. Because there is no sodding King of England at this time.  

Falcon Samilka

Bard of Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:02 am
Hello all, I'm new (obviously) and I'm Bard of Nirvana (Bard for short). I haven't been on Gaia long, just long enough to get headaches from poor grammer. I like to debate and am unbelievably stubborn, but open minded. I won't bash an opinion simply because I don't agree with it. I can't stand txt tlk, but can't spell to save my own hide. If I mispell a word please let me know.

I dislike whiners and people that can't back their opinions with at least some reason. I can be very morbid and sarcastic. At times, I may even seem heartless an uncaring (it's not that I am, I just think too logically for my own good). Despite my over logical sense of being, I follow my instincts more often than I follow my mind (after all, my mind likes to wander and it is never around when I need it!)

I enjoy writing stories (fanfiction and original work). I'm currently working on a fanfiction which I'm using as practice for an original work (I'm taking a shot at a romance novel, but knowing my mind, it will become twisted and distorted before too long).

Well, that's enough out of me. Thanks for allowing me to join this guild. I will try to add as much to the discussions as I can.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games