Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
NC5: Introducing an Old Man to an Old Friend Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm
Huh... saw a video where they showed smaller people how to rack the slide on a 1911.

... not sure how to describe it...

AH crap, I would have had a video uploaded but Youtube is being retarded and is updating. stare

I'll try my best.

Grip the handgun firmly with your shooting hand and grip your slide with your offhand.
Hold your arms parallel and if you find that hard you're doing it the wrong way, now use both arms to cycle the 1911.

It's much easier because you're not just using your forearm but your whole arm to operate the slide.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:24 pm
OberFeldwebel
Huh... saw a video where they showed smaller people how to rack the slide on a 1911.

AH crap, I would have had a video uploaded but Youtube is being retarded and is updating. stare

I'll try my best.

Grip the handgun firmly with your shooting hand and grip your slide with your offhand.
Hold your arms parallel and if you find that hard you're doing it the wrong way, now use both arms to cycle the 1911.

It's much easier because you're not just using your forearm but your whole arm to operate the slide.
Actually I used to know a guy who would hook the rear sights on his BELT and rack the gun one-handed. He was an IPSC shooter... it was really impressive. He could actually dual-wield 1911s.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:48 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I'll try my best.

Actually I used to know a guy who would hook the rear sights on his BELT and rack the gun one-handed. He was an IPSC shooter... it was really impressive. He could actually dual-wield 1911s.

Sights on my 1911 are low profile mil specs.

That does work on my Walther P1...
I tried it. lol

Tokarev is easy to chamber, index finger and rear sight.
Unless you have the hammer down, that's a two and a half hander.
It's easier to just c**k the hammer then rack it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:05 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I'll try my best.

I tried it. lol

It was impressive to watch him draw, rack it on his belt, and bring it up to shoot. He had it down pat. He only did it for fun sometimes, but he was lightning quick with it.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:44 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

I'll try my best.

I tried it. lol

It was impressive to watch him draw, rack it on his belt, and bring it up to shoot. He had it down pat. He only did it for fun sometimes, but he was lightning quick with it.

Yeah that's pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:57 pm
Well, after eating dinner at my grandparent's, I got it out ot try it, and let mom try it as well.

Still hits hard enough to consistently set off rounds. Not a single failure.
Then, I tried both recoil springs. The heaver recoil spring lowered recoil/flip, and made ejection more consistent. I liked it, since I had no trouble racking it. The factory, lighter spring kept snap up and made ejection a but inconsistent, making the area the brass landed VERY wide. But mom liked the lighter spring better because she could rack it, though it's only a 2 pound difference.
Accurate enough for it's size, and wasn't that bad to shoot. DA pull is a helluva lot lighter, though single action hasn't changed.  

uryu ishida

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:57 pm
Did I mention it was very accurate for a (large) mousegun?

And rather controllable?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:49 pm
Look, I FINALLY got off my lazy a**!

User Image

PT1911B, with Winchester Winclean BEB semi-wadcutters.
Taken with my shitty cell phone.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

Better camera please! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

Cocked and Locked, the ammo is from the extra mag, which you can barely see.

It's ready to rumble with a flick of the thumb.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:53 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

Ah, I usually keep the chamber clear and a full mag.
The one that I have in is an 8 rounder and the other is 7 so it's about right if I had one in the tube.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:27 pm
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

The one that I have in is an 8 rounder and the other is 7 so it's about right if I had one in the tube.
All the guns are in COndition 1.
My SxS is of course, because it doesn't have a mag, just two barrels!
The Pt1911, the CZ-52, the PA-63 (mom's, but it IS in condition 1), the Single Six (.22WMR cylinder)  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

The Pt1911, the CZ-52, the PA-63 (mom's, but it IS in condition 1), the Single Six (.22WMR cylinder)

I keep one handgun loaded at a time, and unload the other to let the springs rest I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:17 pm
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

I keep one handgun loaded at a time, and unload the other to let the springs rest I guess.
Unless they are cheap, the springs should be fine sitting in one position all the time. Compressed or uncompressed. What actually wears them out is the cycling between. UNLESS they are particularly cheap springs, or they are pushed in either direction beyond limits, causing the spring to stretch or take a set (get squished)

I found a '00 Cherokee, dark green, for $3k (with the other odd numbers, just a rough number by the dealer). It's actually beeing sold by a friend of the dealer, the dealer just let him put it out with the rest of the cars so it could be seen.
He also has two Wranglers for $6950, one a normal Manual transmision, the other the Sahara edition with auto, and 4x4 manual.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Your hammer's down...
I think.
*squint*

Unless they are cheap, the springs should be fine sitting in one position all the time. Compressed or uncompressed. What actually wears them out is the cycling between. UNLESS they are particularly cheap springs, or they are pushed in either direction beyond limits, causing the spring to stretch or take a set (get squished)

I found a '00 Cherokee, dark green, for $3k (with the other odd numbers, just a rough number by the dealer). It's actually beeing sold by a friend of the dealer, the dealer just let him put it out with the rest of the cars so it could be seen.
He also has two Wranglers for $6950, one a normal Manual transmision, the other the Sahara edition with auto, and 4x4 manual.

There are multiple sides to the 'do I keep my mags loaded or not' thing.
Hardly anyone seems to agree.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces