Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Repriev3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:23 pm
Yes, it did sort of ruin the little special thing Naruto had going for it but anyways....

Naruto+America=
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:47 pm
Gaaa^San
Yes, it did sort of ruin the little special thing Naruto had going for it but anyways....

Naruto+America=
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Trust me.
I know that...

I just have to walk
around my school.

XD

Reticence

Raven_789

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:05 pm
ENGLISH DUBBED NARUTO SUCKS!!!!! now every time I say "I LOVE naruto" people are like "OMG, your such a freak you actually like that show!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:49 am
Was this person a Naruto fan..? I mean really, if they don't like the Dub at all to the point where they see it embarrasing to watch BEFORE they have even seen the original to compare it to, would they really have even liked the original?. And I'm hoping these friends are at least anime fans in the least....  

Repriev3

Reticence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:23 pm
Gaaa^San
Was this person a Naruto fan..? I mean really, if they don't like the Dub at all to the point where they see it embarrasing to watch BEFORE they have even seen the original to compare it to, would they really have even liked the original?. And I'm hoping these friends are at least anime fans in the least....

Eh?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:53 pm
Two words "HELL YES"  

your evil twin

Repriev3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 am
Reticence
Gaaa^San

Eh?

Eh..? o.O

Look up above my other post, if your wondering where that's coming from..... ^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:23 am
America has utterly and completely ruined Naruto, I will ALWAYS watch the Japanese version and NEVER watch the english ever agian....  

Alexandria_Phina_Renolds

Historical

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:06 am
User Image

They're voices.
You can't ruin a show's: plotline, character development, animation, etc. from bad voices.
That's the only thing that's wrong with the Naruto dub.
For all you kiddies who complain about there being no blood and cussing; if that was all you wanted to hear and see you can just look at yourself in the mirror and cut yourself while screaming, "********" for all I care.
You can't "utterly and completely" ruin an entire anime series because of bad voices, no matter what the hell any of you say it's just not ******** possible.
That's all I wanted to say.
I was holding my tongue for a while but Akatsuki_Uchiha_Magume's comment made me a little angry.
How could one be so stupid and blindsighted as to say that an anime series is "utterly and completely ruined" from not nececarily good nor bad voice acting? (I'm not saying the voice is bad because I know the voice actors try their hardest to make it work.)
If you guys don't like the dub then that's cool, I don't really care.
Ranting on and on about how bad you think the voices are, and how there's no blood, and how they don't cuss; that's just straight annoying.
Just plainly say that you don't like the dub, everyone has practically the same reason for hating it so you don't even have to go into detail on why you don't like it, because everyone already knows why you don't like it.
*Sigh*
Yes my rant is done now. ^^

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:24 pm
Historical
User Image

< Enter Rant Here >

User Image

FINALLY! Someone with balls. Ha.

I totally see why you would be angered by some of
the replies. I do admit that the voices were a factor
to my disliking the series, but that was one reason I
made my intro post so sturng out. That way I could
get my point across from every corner, without just
being another "I h@T3 teh VoIc3s" rant.

And for the record, its not that I dont like their
voices for the sake of them sounding stupid. I just
dont think they do the characters JUSTICE as much
as the original did. Coming from a fan of the Japan
version, its almost a disappointment in comparison.

Thanks for your feedback.
And I mean that... THANKS!! ^__^"

o:

Reticence

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:59 pm
I totally agree with you. I hate it when people say, "Na-roo-to? I think I've heard of that. Isn't it some stupid kid's show with that 'believe it!' guy?" I've heard that soooo many times. xp The Japanese version is by far better.

I happened to catch the episode where Gaara kills those Rain village nin, and he says something along the lines of, "Bitter crimson tear flow from lifeless eyes and mingle with the endless sands, bestowing ever-greater power upon the demon god." (That's what it says in the book, and the american episode said something similar). However, the little amount of blood that was shown... was black! I kid you not. That's one of my favorite scenes, and Toonami completely screwed it up. *sighs*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:13 pm
It's a shame that Naruto was created for kids rather than teens, but that's how it started, whether it's to anyone's liking or not. By making Naruto a kids' series, a lot of money will be made (you know how persistent little kids can be when they want something). And since it's a kids' show, there will be less blood than, say, FMA, which was developed for teens. Also, think of the Naruto dub as a sequel to a movie. It is never as good as the original. It's quite hard to do a good job on Naruto, seeing as there are hundreds of characters that need voices, and there are only so many people on Earth who can voice act (or, at least, have an agent who finds them anime to put a voice into).
What I don't like about the series is the weird mixing of Japanese and English words. The characters will say "Kunai" and "Shuriken" and "Jutsu", but not one technique is Japanese, for example "Kage bunshin no Jutsu" becomes "Shadow Clone Jutsu".
What I do like about the series is that the jokes are more funny when you don't have to peer down at a subtitle to laugh. For example, when Gai says his random crap to Kakashi, only for Kakashi to turn around and say "Huh? Did you say something?" followed by "OH MY GOD!" etc. Plus, you don't have to download episodes and waste space on your computer, right? sweatdrop
In conclusion, yes there will be things wrong with the anime, but don't hate on it just because you like the Japanese better. I myself didn't mind the dub when it first came out because I had never watched the subbed episodes. In fact, the first 23 episodes of Naruto I saw were dubbed!
And that's my rant for today. *bows* Thank you for reading.

The Tao of Maple Syrup

Reticence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:40 pm
I can see where you are coming from.

But in my opinion, seeing the Japanese version to start with
was a main factor in my dislike of the dubbed one. And I hold
that truth to be a valid reason for disapproval, for when the
Japanese version is the original (noting that you stated things
are never as good as the original... which is true) it is hard
for me, at least, to cope with the newer one.

And I second your opinion on the mixing of Japanese and Eng.
Its quite the annoyance factor when you come right down to it,
its almost stripping the phrases of their culture so to speak.

o:

I make this sound like a big issue.
And its not. I just like to observe.

[ END ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:18 pm
User Image

I don't think you made it a big issue.
As you said, you just stated your thoughts.
I just don't like people adding to your thoughts with such unoriginal primal words.
If you're gonna say you don't like the voices at least say it decently. At least you'll earn some respect in my book. (Not like it matters.)

User Image

Historical

Reticence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:48 pm
XD <3  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items