Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Marijuana Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Legalize it?
  Yes
  No
View Results

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 am
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Wow I disappear for a couple of days and this thread has gone to friendship hell.

So basically a summary of everything is that I have my opinions and all of you have your opinions and no body will ever win?

Sounds right.
BUT OUR OPINIONS ARE THE RIGHT ONES.

BECAUSE.

scream

Fresnel you silly b*****d, you are being too obvious. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 am
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius
Wow I disappear for a couple of days and this thread has gone to friendship hell.

So basically a summary of everything is that I have my opinions and all of you have your opinions and no body will ever win?

Sounds right.

BECAUSE.

scream

Damn skippy!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:29 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
Hydra Alpharius

Sounds right.

BECAUSE.

scream

Damn skippy!
YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD.

User Image

Been looking for an excuse to use that...  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:24 pm
black_wing_angel
Hydra Alpharius

Sounds right.

Pretty much, once you get past the fact that our opinion is backed by scientific facts.

Which you never stated ever... ROFL.  

Hydra Alpharius
Crew

the midnight angel -CJ

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm
the sad thing i have found is that ( with Exceptions to a few ) that anyone who was taught is is bad doesn’t know the major benefits, where as pot smokers have usually done there research. Now if someone has done there research and knows what there getting them self’s into than I do not believe that the government has any right to step in to the middle and tell us what to do.

black_wing_angel I am also from Missouri, blue springs to be exact and I do beleve that you can get a 420 card for medical purposes. I don’t know if you can use this info but I might as well put it out there. J

Ether way my vote is yes I want it legal  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:42 am
the midnight angel -CJ
the sad thing i have found is that ( with Exceptions to a few ) that anyone who was taught is is bad doesn’t know the major benefits, where as pot smokers have usually done there research. Now if someone has done there research and knows what there getting them self’s into than I do not believe that the government has any right to step in to the middle and tell us what to do.

black_wing_angel I am also from Missouri, blue springs to be exact and I do beleve that you can get a 420 card for medical purposes. I don’t know if you can use this info but I might as well put it out there. J

Good to meet a fellow Missourian, and glad to hear your opinion.

Also, I'm not surprised that Missouri (probably) allows for medical marijuana. All states should, really.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:41 am
black_wing_angel
the midnight angel -CJ

Also, I'm not surprised that Missouri (probably) allows for medical marijuana. All states should, really.
Yeah, at a certain point 'it could cause cancer and mild retardation' takes a backseat to 'my bones are liquid fire'.

Actually, there is a federal medicinal marijuana program. There's something like five people who qualify (one of whom has 'bones of liquid fire' as an actual level of pain), and once a month they get a five-gallon tin of joints. AFAIK, the federal program is not accepting any new applicants, and will effectively shut down when the current subscribers kick it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:00 am
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
the midnight angel -CJ

Yeah, at a certain point 'it could cause cancer and mild retardation' takes a backseat to 'my bones are liquid fire'.

As it should. Besides, "ITT CAWZEZ KANSUR!" hasn't exactly done any damage to the tobacco industry, so that becomes a moot point, anyway.

Quote:
Actually, there is a federal medicinal marijuana program. There's something like five people who qualify (one of whom has 'bones of liquid fire' as an actual level of pain), and once a month they get a five-gallon tin of joints.

Wow...that is a LOT of weed...

Quote:
AFAIK, the federal program is not accepting any new applicants, and will effectively shut down when the current subscribers kick it.

Well that's gay...what about anyone else who has burning bone syndrome?  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:15 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
the midnight angel -CJ

As it should. Besides, "ITT CAWZEZ KANSUR!" hasn't exactly done any damage to the tobacco industry, so that becomes a moot point, anyway.

Quote:
Actually, there is a federal medicinal marijuana program. There's something like five people who qualify (one of whom has 'bones of liquid fire' as an actual level of pain), and once a month they get a five-gallon tin of joints.

Wow...that is a LOT of weed...
Yeah, he pretty much has to be smoking constantly or he's in a world of hell.

Quote:
Quote:
AFAIK, the federal program is not accepting any new applicants, and will effectively shut down when the current subscribers kick it.

Well that's gay...what about anyone else who has burning bone syndrome?
******** 'em. They're not in enough pain to qualify. Weed be bad, yo.

ETA: Ah, here's the skinny... "the George H.W. Bush administration closed it [the Compassionate Investigational New Drug program] to new applicants in March 1992, but continued supplying federal marijuana to those already receiving it. Four of those patients survive today." Wikipedia says five, but parts of the article are dated from three years ago, so one probably died in that time.

The one I was referring to was Irvin Rosenfeld.

Quote:
Rosenfeld has the disease Multiple Congenital Cartilaginous Exostoses, a painful disorder which causes bone tumors to form at the joints, stretching the surrounding tendons and veins, making movement almost impossible. Rosenfeld has had 30 tumors removed in six operations. He still has 200 tumors, some too small to remove, yet in the 30 years he has been smoking marijuana, he says, he has not had a new tumor.
He receives eleven cured ounces (440 joints) every 3 weeks, and has for 27 years.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 pm
Fresnel

Quote:
Rosenfeld has the disease Multiple Congenital Cartilaginous Exostoses, a painful disorder which causes bone tumors to form at the joints, stretching the surrounding tendons and veins, making movement almost impossible. Rosenfeld has had 30 tumors removed in six operations. He still has 200 tumors, some too small to remove, yet in the 30 years he has been smoking marijuana, he says, he has not had a new tumor.
He receives eleven cured ounces (440 joints) every 3 weeks, and has for 27 years.

Stoners, the world over, finally have a hero to look up to!

The SUPER DOOPER DOPER!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

the midnight angel -CJ

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:06 pm
you know i have never saw weed as bad from the begining. the first time i smoked it i cleened the whole ******** house. it scaired the s**t outta mom. but truely it realy dosent just turn you into a couch potato, it can also get you up and moving. oh and my gpa went up from 2.5 to 3.8 sence i started biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:02 am
black_wing_angel
Fresnel

Quote:

Stoners, the world over, finally have a hero to look up to!

The SUPER DOOPER DOPER!
Point is, if the government really does think that pot is a horrible terrible thing that's going to kill you, that means they're giving these five men and women drugs that WILL KILL THEM, and they have not been convicted of any crime.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Donna Cecilia

Romantic Genius

16,050 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:49 am
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

Legalization can be good or bad depending on the context your country/state is in.

I live in Uruguay, and government is rolled into an eight-year long debate about legalizing pot.

I´m strongly against it, because if it is successful, we would become THE legal provider of drugs to the rest of Latin America´s drug dealers; which would bring all the violence related to drug wars that actually exists in the northern part of South America (for example, Colombia) If all the countries in Latin America legalize pot, then I can approve it. In the meantime, I say no.

Also, our society (my country´s) is sadly rotting, losing its core values. If we give free drugs to the worst part of our population, then it will be all lost for us.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:00 am
Meet Your Mistress
The secret source of Humor itself is not joy but sorrow.

Legalization can be good or bad depending on the context your country/state is in.

I live in Uruguay, and government is rolled into an eight-year long debate about legalizing pot.

I´m strongly against it, because if it is successful, we would become THE legal provider of drugs to the rest of Latin America´s drug dealers; which would bring all the violence related to drug wars that actually exists in the northern part of South America (for example, Colombia) If all the countries in Latin America legalize pot, then I can approve it. In the meantime, I say no.

Also, our society (my country´s) is sadly rotting, losing its core values. If we give free drugs to the worst part of our population, then it will be all lost for us.

There is no humor in heaven. Mark Twain
An interesting concern. I wonder if that would happen to the US? I doubt the gangs would be any worse than they are now, though.

At least they wouldn't be on OUR streets, though. ninja  

Fresnel

Citizen

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:47 pm
If marijuana were universally legal, then a fair chunk of the violent crimes centered around drugs, would vanish, as marijuana is among the most heavily sought after illegal substance.

It's the safest thing out there, and legalizing it would take a chunk out of the crime industry. I say that's at least worth a shot.  
Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff