Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

hazel843

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 am
Aw such a cool name, the pics are great  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:51 am
xxpaperprincessxx
Maeve of the Sea
Thanks Ryuu! We picked out a named a loooong time ago, back in those days when we were bored and came up with hypothetical names. LOL

We're naming him Taran after one of our favorite characters from Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles.

That's an awesome name! I looked up the meaning and it's an Indian name that means heaven or raft.

I've also read that it is Celtic or Welsh, meaning "of the thunder" and a derivative of the Celtic/Welsh thunder god Taranis.

If loudness is a genetic trait Taran will be living up to his name. Between the hubby being a musician (in loud bands) and me just being loud to begin with he'll be the epitome of thunderous. LOL

Sorry I haven't been on much this past week or so, my PreK-now-turned-Elementary Supervisor (think vice principal) decided she needed an ego boost and has been riding my back...which means I've been going into work 45 minutes early and staying until 5-5:30 or so almost everyday.

But the three day weekend is finally here so I'm sure I'll be poking my head in often. smile  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 pm
BUMP!

...and not just the thread! the baby bump is getting bigger!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:05 am
Awwwwww cute lil baby bump! Feel any kicking yet?  

MystiBlu

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 pm
aw
yes how much of a bump?

how is the decorating going?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:27 am

~Ryuu-chan says~

Kyaaa~ How's it going Maeve? And yes,I will repeat the question? Any kicking yet?

Ghost of Ryuu2

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:03 am
Lots of little kicks...nothing the hubby can feel yet. The bump is noticeable....not huge, but you can definitely tell I'm prego!

The room decorating is going slooooow. My dad got us all the primer and painting supplies we could need and we picked out the color (an awesome green!) which he'll get us soon. However...we need to finish organizing the garage so we can move everything out of the baby's room-to-be. THEN we can start priming and painting.

I'm also very nervous the bedding set and matching room "decor" is going to be discontinued. I had it on my Babie R Us registry and then it was dropped. I found it again, Bed Bath and Beyond, so I'm just going to buy it when I get my next paycheck...the green we picked matches the green int he bedding almost perfectly...I'm going to be really pissed if the line gets dropped again.

User Image

This is some of what we picked out...let's hope it's still around when I go to buy.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:00 am
Awwwww thats really cool! The bright colors are awesome!  

MystiBlu

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 pm
Yay!
Congratulations Mauve!
An Taran is a cute name, too.
Oh, an watch out for baby boys..they have long range X_X
(found out the hard way when I dealt with my nephew when he was a baby)

Bet you can't wait for the 9months to be up,
I'm soo happy for you Mauve,
>.<
Hope you'll be happy with your new little 'bundle of joy'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:17 pm
chidorilash
Yay!
Congratulations Mauve!

>.<

I have to say after all the baby sitting I did for my nephew I never got a golden shower...we put a pee-wee block on the registry...it looks like a colorful fabric-y sports cup for baby boys. You put it over everything between taking the dirty off and putting the clean one on. smile  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

chidorilash
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:49 pm
Maeve of the Sea
chidorilash
Yay!
Congratulations Mauve!

>.<

I have to say after all the baby sitting I did for my nephew I never got a golden shower...we put a pee-wee block on the registry...it looks like a colorful fabric-y sports cup for baby boys. You put it over everything between taking the dirty off and putting the clean one on. smile

Well you have to always expect the unexpected.
They have those?
*is apparently unknowledgeable*
Wow..you two have everything covered huh?
Have you talked about a college fund or savings for the baby boy for the future?
That baby boy is lucky to have you two for parents =]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm
wow with the cup thing o-O

i love the bedding!! i really hope you get it! it is the cutest i have ever seen! yay for not going traditional blue!
if you were having a girl i would be on her begging not to go pink insane, lol!

little kicks. that must be strange feeling.  

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

Ghost of Ryuu2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:35 am

~Ryuu-chan says~

Aww....the bedding is sooo cute!!! Oh yeah...I recommend doing the painting ASAP,or at least before the baby comes. When we set up my little brother's room,we made a huge mistake on painting it when we got all the stuff in it already. So we (or mostly,I) had to take out all the stuff,and figure out where my brother sleeps in the meantime. And I had to move out of my room temporarily so that my brother can move in. And my mom says it's not nice for the baby to smell paint smells...I didn't ask why though.

And hooray for green? What kind of green? Like the kind of green liliviet uses in her fonts?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:05 pm
Ghost of Ryuu2

~Ryuu-chan says~

Aww....the bedding is sooo cute!!! Oh yeah...I recommend doing the painting ASAP,or at least before the baby comes. When we set up my little brother's room,we made a huge mistake on painting it when we got all the stuff in it already. So we (or mostly,I) had to take out all the stuff,and figure out where my brother sleeps in the meantime. And I had to move out of my room temporarily so that my brother can move in. And my mom says it's not nice for the baby to smell paint smells...I didn't ask why though.

And hooray for green? What kind of green? Like the kind of green liliviet uses in her fonts?

They should do it as soon as they can, it'd be a lot simpler.

And paint fumes can cause health problems to the child.
(such as nausea, kidney/central nervous damage, and so on).
Plus a lot of paints take up to about a week to get the fumes out, however if you do the painting later in your pregnancy an need to "dry the fumes out earlier than expected) do the old old remedy trick.
To cut an onion in half, put it in the room (in a bowl of water) and it should soak up the fumes sooner (though depending on the flooring -wooden/carpet- it can absorb it as well.)
But keep the windows open xD.
The trick worked for me when I had to paint my room and the smell kept bugging me an I couldn't sleep right.

*waits impatiently for the 9months to be up*
xD I want to see him lol

chidorilash
Vice Captain

Ghost of Ryuu2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 am
chidorilash

They should do it as soon as they can, it'd be a lot simpler.

And paint fumes can cause health problems to the child.
(such as nausea, kidney/central nervous damage, and so on).
Plus a lot of paints take up to about a week to get the fumes out, however if you do the painting later in your pregnancy an need to "dry the fumes out earlier than expected) do the old old remedy trick.
To cut an onion in half, put it in the room (in a bowl of water) and it should soak up the fumes sooner (though depending on the flooring -wooden/carpet- it can absorb it as well.)
But keep the windows open xD.
The trick worked for me when I had to paint my room and the smell kept bugging me an I couldn't sleep right.

*waits impatiently for the 9months to be up*
xD I want to see him lol

~Ryuu-chan says~

Oh I see....and I didn't know about the onion thing...where did you find that idea from?

*waits for the 9 months*
BTW what do you think the hair colour's going to be guys? xD

Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas