Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GlitchyMochi

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:00 pm
I was just looking through some of the posts here, and I realized alot of you are taller than me TT^TT

I'm not short, but I guess I'm not tall either. If I'm going to cosplay as Roy Mustang, I need to be tall.

I'm 14 and about 5'4'' and I drink about 3 glasses of milk every day.(3 REALLY BIG GLASSES) I really like milk, but it doesn't really seem to be making me any taller. Is there anyway I could get taller? Like, vitamins or something?

Well, I guess if I can't make myself taller, I can always get less fat. XD
I'm not all that fat, I mean, I have nice abs, but they're covered with chub. (lol, chub.) I could really use some toning on my thighs and booty too. (they're kinda chunky.) Any tips, people?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 pm
stay active.

I am 5'2 and keeping the weight down for short people, is hard to do.  

Kiss of Shadowbane

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 pm
Kitten-Tora
xXMakorikXx

well cardio is the best work out so make sure that you get your heart pumping. working out for 20 minutes or more is best ^^
dancing and yoga is something i do often as well ahhaha. i like to dance like an idiot when im a lone x]

passing up fast foods and fatty foods are a good idea. thats a great start ^^ try and eat your veggies a little more than the fruits(cuz of all of the sugar) and i guess stay active ahaha

so those shape-up shoes, i heard they are hard to walk in. x]

Marni~

Okay. I'll start doing cardio once all this rain and snow stops...I almost fell earlier. Dancing is fun to do when no one is around~!

I'm all for more veggies, they're so delicious~!

They're hard to walk in for the first few minutes, but then you don't even notice them. My mom and I mainly got them because their really comfortable with all that padding.

veggies ARE delicious!! : D
no one ever understands ahahahha

sounds fun, but yeah its been raining here too so soon! :]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm
I'd say I'm a little late on this post, but am definitely in need of it. I'm around 5'4" (yay for short people?) and am aiming for dropping 50 lb., at least. What I've got so far is to just watch how much and what I eat, and, as soon as the two feet of snow clears, start running around the block. XD

Also, my Mom's doctor gave her a hint on eating less- drink a whole glass of water/juice/milk before a meal. Not soda, though!

Here goes nothing. smile Good luck everyone.  

Cooley Fair

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:42 pm
So i've gained back about 7 lbs.

But i guess it's kind of a restart for me...?

The way i was losing so easily before was quite an unhealthy method, and it put my health and well-being at much risk.

I'm trying again, the healthier way this time ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:57 pm
Sabreisk
I was just looking through some of the posts here, and I realized alot of you are taller than me TT^TT

I'm not short, but I guess I'm not tall either. If I'm going to cosplay as Roy Mustang, I need to be tall.

I'm 14 and about 5'4'' and I drink about 3 glasses of milk every day.(3 REALLY BIG GLASSES) I really like milk, but it doesn't really seem to be making me any taller. Is there anyway I could get taller? Like, vitamins or something?

I'm not all that fat, I mean, I have nice abs, but they're covered with chub. (lol, chub.) I could really use some toning on my thighs and booty too. (they're kinda chunky.) Any tips, people?
Idon't think there is any real way 2 get taller. I never drink milk I don't like how it tastes. I am 6'1 I think its just genetics. But my friends play basketball and they are all around 5'10 and they were a bit shorter b4 they started playing so maybe all that jumping and stuff did something 4 them or it might just be a growth spurt.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:34 pm
K master of flames
Sabreisk

Idon't think there is any real way 2 get taller. I never drink milk I don't like how it tastes. I am 6'1 I think its just genetics. But my friends play basketball and they are all around 5'10 and they were a bit shorter b4 they started playing so maybe all that jumping and stuff did something 4 them or it might just be a growth spurt.

I'm pretty sure the jumping didn't do it. Calcium and a good diet will help but the biggest factor is definitely heredity.
That's okay though, you can use your short size -- especially if your a girl. I'm 5'9'' and I've always wished I could be shorter. I feel like a behemoth. Short can be really cute to, so don't get too down on yourself!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 am
Eijay
K master of flames
Sabreisk

I'm pretty sure the jumping didn't do it. Calcium and a good diet will help but the biggest factor is definitely heredity.
That's okay though, you can use your short size -- especially if your a girl. I'm 5'9'' and I've always wished I could be shorter. I feel like a behemoth. Short can be really cute to, so don't get too down on yourself!

Well.... maybe.
but I would be happy with just 2 more inches.
5'6'' would be very nice.  

GlitchyMochi

OG Citizen

9,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

xXMakorikXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 pm
MY PROGRESS PICTURES!! :]

i've been working really hard on my stomach area and im actually loosing weight now. sit ups, eating less, curl ups etc. ^___^

and no, im not sucking in :3

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:54 pm
Makorik, good job!!! keep it up!!!

And everyone else too!!!

I'm switching regular breakfasts and dinners at my father's house for oatmeal <3  

SakuraRico

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm
I hope everyone else is doing good with there goals! Week 2 done and I lost an 1/2 inch on my bust but gained it on my hips (probably because my last minute splurging) however I'm going on less strict part of my diet and I will start exercising this week!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 pm
I have been getting pretty lazy these past days. I have been eating lots of chicken, fish and stuff like that (plus I have calcium,vitamins pills) LOL I have gained 1 pound LOL (I hope it was muscle though)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:32 pm
Okay guys, my diet sucks.

I want to at least try the Special K diet, to see if it'll work for me, because it also means I won't be eating as much meat. I don't like eating meat as much as my mom makes it. Sometimes, I'd rather just having a bowl of cereal.

I seem to be lactose intolerant, and will probably eat a lot of the cereal dry.

I exercise every day, twice a day, during my high school sport season, and during the summer. Currently, my season is about to end, and I'll start gaining even more weight. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, as far as my eating plan goes?

I want to start riding my bike more, and ice skating also. I need foods high in protein because I'm an athlete, but no more meat please. Any reccomendations?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Gaymeboy

I want to at least try the Special K diet, to see if it'll work for me, because it also means I won't be eating as much meat. I don't like eating meat as much as my mom makes it. Sometimes, I'd rather just having a bowl of cereal.

I exercise every day, twice a day, during my high school sport season, and during the summer. Currently, my season is about to end, and I'll start gaining even more weight. Is there anything I can do to remedy this, as far as my eating plan goes?

I want to start riding my bike more, and ice skating also. I need foods high in protein because I'm an athlete, but no more meat please. Any reccomendations?

I eat those Kashi oat-thingy bars, and they have..i think 4 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein..if that helps  

Demon Horse Rider

Eijay

5,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 pm
Gaymeboy

Well, if it helps the best sources of protein besides meat are nuts, eggs and beans. I think...  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff