Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fetal Containment Field
Fetus Fridge Version 2.0 (chat thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:47 pm
I used to point out when they would present obvious lies about our side as a view we actually held.

"Pro-choicers don't believe a fetus is alive!"

Um... yes we do. We don't believe it is deserving of person-hood status. No one denies that it is made of living tissue.

Of course... People asked me questions and when I honestly answered them they got pissed off and decided I was to be banned or quit because they didn't like my answers. I chose to quit. Not my fault if they can't handle me answering questions they themselves asked (not to mention that the questions were presented in quite a hostile manner, but I kept a mostly nuetral tone).

Of course, you can go read it for yourselves if you want to.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:09 pm
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite: I have. I do not like it much. I usually only read things that directly relate to this guild, though.

My cats hate being on my head. They prefer laps. Although one likes to sleep on the pillows while I'm using them. Never, ever have they ever panted, though. Like, little pink tongue all the way out hyperventilating panting. It was cute and yet terrifying.
Yeah, i tend to get over-outraged if i read too much... usually i read a title and then a few replies... ninja

My cat used to try to sleep on my head or above it on my pillow.. it was nice falling asleep to her steady purring...

@YiMin: Bwahahaha indeed.. ninja
I get outraged at the comments only when the- eh, McPhee's, I think- avatar isn't spiffy, because if there's a spiffy avatar I have something to take my anger out on (and yet, I never give anyone the sketches... .__.;; ) Which reminds me, there's still art I haven't done for one guy... for about two months or so.

I can't fall asleep to purring, but then, I can never fall asleep anyway. My mind wanders to much. *goes to sleep at about twelve to one*

Yi Min: Oh well, we used processed fetus back then, so it was hardly real fetus cookie anyway.
So when their avi looks like a newb you dont get offended cause the person behind it is more than likely going to be mentally challenged anyway?

Yeah, my mind wanders a lot aswell... especially when ive just caught up on stuff in the Abortion Debate thread. ninja We don't have a cat anymore so i dont get purred to sleep anyway... gonk  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:11 pm
Talon-chan
I used to point out when they would present obvious lies about our side as a view we actually held.

Um... yes we do. We don't believe it is deserving of person-hood status. No one denies that it is made of living tissue.

Of course... People asked me questions and when I honestly answered them they got pissed off and decided I was to be banned or quit because they didn't like my answers. I chose to quit. Not my fault if they can't handle me answering questions they themselves asked (not to mention that the questions were presented in quite a hostile manner, but I kept a mostly nuetral tone).

Yeah, i saw that. I'm amazed you were able to keep your cool with some of the bs they spouted hatefully at you. Is that also why KP wrote that they arent accepting anymore Pro-Choicers in the guild?

It's like, they tell US we should be more open-minded and yet they are the most close-minded people in the whole debate. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:37 pm
LadyInWhite
Talon-chan

Yeah, i saw that. I'm amazed you were able to keep your cool with some of the bs they spouted hatefully at you. Is that also why KP wrote that they arent accepting anymore Pro-Choicers in the guild?

It's like, they tell US we should be more open-minded and yet they are the most close-minded people in the whole debate. rolleyes
Yep... aparently having obvious misconceptions pointed out and having Pro-choicers respectfully answering questions that were asked (with hostile intent no less) is just not something they're able to handle.

The fact that they went so far as to kick me out of the guild because of it just pisses me off. Which is why (as you can see from my sig) I'm not content to put up with that crap anymore which is why I'm not going to be reserved with the language I use. I'm going to be blunt, brash, and rude if I deem it necessary... and frankly I don't care what they think since me being civil while attacked wasn't good enough. I'm sure you can tell with all my recent ventings here (and I'm putting it here too so they can see me being a b***h and realize that I wasn't being one in their guild :O rather than just ranting in the lesbo humping table).

The only time I was truly disrespectful in there (where I admit I said something that was well out of line) is when I pointed out you can't truly call yourself pro-life if you make a rape exception. I thought it was something pro-lifers, too, had accepted (because it is rather obvious: You can't kill a born child because the father was a criminal therefore if a fetus is equivalent to a born child, then the obvious conclusion is that you can't kill a fetus because the father was a criminal, but I guess pointing out this inconsistency went too far). I was wrong to make that assumption. Some people who hold the inconsistent-rape-exception view got pissed off at my pointing out their not truly being pro-life. That was the wrong thing to do. I was directly challenging a pro-lifer's view (though I don't know which one, the complaint was made anonymously to Kp), and that was explicitly against their rules.  

Talon-chan

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:42 pm
Talon-chan
Yep... aparently having obvious misconceptions pointed out and having Pro-choicers respectfully answering questions that were asked (with hostile intent no less) is just not something they're able to handle.

The fact that they went so far as to kick me out of the guild because of it just pisses me off. Which is why (as you can see from my sig) I'm not content to put up with that crap anymore which is why I'm not going to be reserved with the language I use. I'm going to be blunt, brash, and rude if I deem it necessary... and frankly I don't care what they think since me being civil while attacked wasn't good enough. I'm sure you can tell with all my recent ventings here (and I'm putting it here too so they can see me being a b***h and realize that I wasn't being one in their guild :O rather than just ranting in the lesbo humping table).

The only time I was truly disrespectful in there (where I admit I said something that was well out of line) is when I pointed out you can't truly call yourself pro-life if you make a rape exception. I thought it was something pro-lifers, too, had accepted (because it is rather obvious: You can't kill a born child because the father was a criminal therefore if a fetus is equivalent to a born child, then the obvious conclusion is that you can't kill a fetus because the father was a criminal, but I guess pointing out this inconsistency went too far). I was wrong to make that assumption. Some people who hold the inconsistent-rape-exception view got pissed off at my pointing out their not truly being pro-life. That was the wrong thing to do. I was directly challenging a pro-lifer's view (though I don't know which one, the complaint was made anonymously to Kp), and that was explicitly against their rules.

Whoa. I did not know that. Well considering it was a first time offence and you hadn't done any previous damage im surprised they kicked you out.

I mean they claim to be the "open-minded" and "caring" ones and yet they get hysterical if you shoot down their incoherant crap with logic and facts. One of em even went so far as to tell a lousy debater in the Thread that their guild will be more "tolerant" of their views and that they should join instead of wasting their time being shot down by us smart-asses.

EDIT: Ok, i went over and read about it. I am appaled. Makes me wanna make em eat REAL fetus-containing products. -___-

EDIT2: If this was the old gaia i'd go on a flaming rampage and tell all these little twats what i would love to do to their precious bodies, since obviously they dont care what happens to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:34 pm
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite: I have. I do not like it much. I usually only read things that directly relate to this guild, though.

My cats hate being on my head. They prefer laps. Although one likes to sleep on the pillows while I'm using them. Never, ever have they ever panted, though. Like, little pink tongue all the way out hyperventilating panting. It was cute and yet terrifying.
Yeah, i tend to get over-outraged if i read too much... usually i read a title and then a few replies... ninja

My cat used to try to sleep on my head or above it on my pillow.. it was nice falling asleep to her steady purring...

@YiMin: Bwahahaha indeed.. ninja
I get outraged at the comments only when the- eh, McPhee's, I think- avatar isn't spiffy, because if there's a spiffy avatar I have something to take my anger out on (and yet, I never give anyone the sketches... .__.;; ) Which reminds me, there's still art I haven't done for one guy... for about two months or so.

I can't fall asleep to purring, but then, I can never fall asleep anyway. My mind wanders to much. *goes to sleep at about twelve to one*

Yi Min: Oh well, we used processed fetus back then, so it was hardly real fetus cookie anyway.
So when their avi looks like a newb you dont get offended cause the person behind it is more than likely going to be mentally challenged anyway?

Yeah, my mind wanders a lot aswell... especially when ive just caught up on stuff in the Abortion Debate thread. ninja We don't have a cat anymore so i dont get purred to sleep anyway... gonk
Heh. Good guess, but no. I like drawing avatars, so I take out my anger that way.

Hm... it's not abortion my mind gets caught up on... whee Ha, I have THREE kitties! Together, they make a whole fourth grade human child.

S. Shark

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:41 pm
sybex Shark
Heh. Good guess, but no. I like drawing avatars, so I take out my anger that way.

Hm... it's not abortion my mind gets caught up on... whee Ha, I have THREE kitties! Together, they make a whole fourth grade human child.
I yell at my boyfriend when i've got anger to shed. xp

HOMG! When i grow up i wanna be the crazy cat lady from down the road who takes in strays and calls them all her babies... cats are more important than human fetii!!! domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:52 pm
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark

HOMG! When i grow up i wanna be the crazy cat lady from down the road who takes in strays and calls them all her babies... cats are more important than human fetii!!! domokun
...well, I yell at random people when I'm angry!

So do I! Hooray crazy cat ladies!

I think I just figured out why pro-lifers prefer to call fetuses babies. "Fetus" sounds kind of like "feces". And you just can't blame someone for wanting to call it something else when it sounds like that.

S. Shark

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:08 pm
sybex Shark
LadyInWhite
sybex Shark

...well, I yell at random people when I'm angry!

So do I! Hooray crazy cat ladies!

I think I just figured out why pro-lifers prefer to call fetuses babies. "Fetus" sounds kind of like "feces". And you just can't blame someone for wanting to call it something else when it sounds like that.
*laughs and chokes* HOMG sooooo true!! xd *squieks*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:27 am
Didn't someone start and Abortion Information Thread in this Guild? I could have sworn I seen someone working on one? Did they stop work? If so, I wouldn't mind doing it myself.  

Yi Min

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:07 am
Yi Min
Didn't someone start and Abortion Information Thread in this Guild? I could have sworn I seen someone working on one? Did they stop work? If so, I wouldn't mind doing it myself.
I completely forgot about it. .__.;; T'would probably be best if you made it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:36 pm
sybex Shark
Yi Min
I completely forgot about it. .__.;; T'would probably be best if you made it.

Ok. I thought maybe I went crazy. ninja

Are you sure? I found it and it looks like you were getting close to finishing it?

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1921986

Yi Min

S. Shark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:25 pm
There's still like, six posts left. O-O;; I could delete 'em and you could make the rest of it, though.

Does anyone have any pretzels?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:38 pm
sybex Shark
There's still like, six posts left. O-O;; I could delete 'em and you could make the rest of it, though.

Does anyone have any pretzels?

Whoa! I am eating pretzels right now. o.O

It is up to you. I was really just hoping we would have a place with collective sources in it. So if a someone asks us to show sources for -so and so- , we can be like BAM!

Yi Min

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:00 pm
You know that scene in the movie braveheart where Mel Gibson yells: "FREEDOM!!!" i can imagine a bunch of anti-choicers yelling "FETUS!!!11!!" before they storm an abortion clinic abducting all the women inside and forcing them to give birth... even the ones who just work there and aren't pregnant.  
Fetal Containment Field

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games