Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm
Pollux Lupin
Jack looked around the room as if to say "Does it mean me?". With a glaced look in his eye, Jack walked up to the tiny wooden stool, sat down and began thinking of what house he could possible be in...

People say that I'm a quick thinker, and good at solving riddles. I am wise yet humble, helpful at times, and in no way selfish. I am a smart learner who is light on his feet.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 am
Jimi walked in and eyed people around the room. He remembered what his mother told him and not to judge on blood. But he looked over to the Syltherins where he most likey was going to be.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kindhearted person though i seem to act like a a** of the time. I'm pretty sly and cunning as well.

((He's actully meant for Syltherin))  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 am
Noreak
Pollux Lupin
Jack looked around the room as if to say "Does it mean me?". With a glaced look in his eye, Jack walked up to the tiny wooden stool, sat down and began thinking of what house he could possible be in...

People say that I'm a quick thinker, and good at solving riddles. I am wise yet humble, helpful at times, and in no way selfish. I am a smart learner who is light on his feet.

Once upon Pollux's head, the Sorting Hat lifted a fold where its eyebrow should be, "What an extensive mind you have," the Hat shook its head and chuckled softly, "With this capacity for mental greatness, I think you would do well in... Ravenclaw!"

The Ravenclaw table could not hold in their excitement.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 am
mynightmarestays
Jimi walked in and eyed people around the room. He remembered what his mother told him and not to judge on blood. But he looked over to the Syltherins where he most likey was going to be.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kindhearted person though i seem to act like a a** of the time. I'm pretty sly and cunning as well.

The Hat was gently placed on Jimi's head, "A Tennant, eh? The Slytherin blood runs through your veins, yet your mother ended up becoming a kinder, and more lenient Slytherin. Either way, I can still see you excelling in... Slytherin!"

The Slytherin table cheered for their newest member.  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 am
Jimi stood up and walked over to the table and being greeted by family friends. He sat down and countied looking around.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:15 pm
Deupty Headmistress, Professor Faydwer removed the hat from the stool it was placed upon and took it (and the stool) from the room.

The sorting is now closed for the year.  

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 am
3lean0r Duke

User Image
Eleanor Duke leaded the first years proudly into the castle. Their trunks were lying near the moving staircases. She smiled at the talking paintings and she stopped in front of the giant doors of the Great Hall. She turned around to face the fellow first years, who seemed even more excited.
"Welcome to Hogwarts!", beamed Professor Duke, "The start-of-term feast will start soon, but before you attack the banquet like some kind of animals, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important part at Hogwarts. While you are here, your house will be something like your family, someone you can trust and love. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.
As I might have mentioned before we got here, the four houses are named Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own history, Head of House and ghost. While you are at Hogwarts, you accomplishment earn your house points but if you break any rules, don't expect a cake from us, or a present. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will win the House Cup, a great pleasure. And whoever is in Gryffindor, please don't break any rules!", she begged as few first years chuckled, "The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. Don't fuss! You'd better all smarted yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." Her eyes lingered on all the students. "Yeah, that's fine!" she smiled. Eleanor cleared her throat and spoke again. "You might see me sometimes. Staff table and stuff. But I'd like to have a few visits! And I'll also see anyone who decides to take Care of Magical Creatures in their third years." she smiled again, tiny tears shining in her deep, brown eyes. She hated good-byes, but it wasn't really, since she would see them maybe in third year and before. She smiled again and pushed the big, wooden doors. She walked to the Staff Table as the first years gathered around a small stool with a hat placed on it.

(( To get sorted, please send the part of your Student Profile where it says 'People say, in a nutshell, that I'm...' and wait until our Headmistress or Professor Skylar answers! Thank you and have a nice year! ))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 am
User Image
Danny Yahya 1st Year

Adnan Roger Glenn Yahya
Danny came into the great hall and marveled at the roof of the room. He would be happy if he got into Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, though he would maybe enjoy Gryffindor more. He continued walking forward and saw the wooden stool with the sorting hat placed on it. He went up to it and sat on it...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a really studious yet laid-back person. Always making the top grade because of my high study habits. But I can be also pretty serious at times. I have also a high sense of curiousity, and likes to investigate things that pokes it. I am also courageous at all times, not fearing what might happen to me. I am also really shy when it comes to talking to girls, and sometimes about them.

lXl Tempus Temporis lXl

Invisible Phantom

14,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Keep Calm I am The Doctor

6,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:00 pm
User Image
Daemon Sadi
First year student

Daemon strolled into the great hall slowly. So this was the sorting. He closed his eyes as he sat down. His thoughts were mostly on how he wanted to be Slytherin, while a second voice in his mind said Gryffindor would be barable.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Cold and calculated, but with an underlying warmth that, when tapped, will ensure you a caring and warm friend with a twisted sense of humour.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm
CaRaM3l K!nGsLe!gH

“Cute is when a person's personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them.”

User Image
Caramel skipped happily into the Great Hall. She was as hyper as ever. She looked up and saw the enchanted ceiling she read about. It was bewitched, and right now it was dark blue with white, sparkling stars.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm loyal, kind, thoughtful (although most of the time I act before thinking!), caring and friendly. My best friend Liza said I was hyper and adventurous... I do like exploring, but not that much. But I have to admit it, I am hyper! I might be also hard-working and non-judmental. I don't like being competitive and I am always modest on my accomplishments.  

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Solitary_Fey

Tricky Reveler

14,215 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:08 pm
User Image

~Erin Mooney~
-First Year-

User Image

Erin waited silently for her name to be called, surveying the four long tables that occupied a large portion of the room. Her eyes settled on the Ravenclaw table, and she tried to imagine her parents, much younger, sitting in those very seats. Would she be in the same house as her parents had?

Erin heard her name, and hurried up to the stool. She sat down, feeling nervous for the first time since arriving.

"People say that, in a nutshell, I'm intelligent, creative, curious, witty, inquisitive, friendly, and sometimes a bit dark. Always in the pursuit of knowledge."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 pm
User Image Luna looked around the great hall, the wonder showing on her face. No one in her family, since her great-grandmother, had come to Hogwarts. So the stories handed down in the family had been exaggerated, or so she had thought. But now in looking at everything, she wondered her her ancestor and namesake had told it the way it was. If the stories of this place were true.... were there also really mermaids in the lake?

Luna looked up at Professor Duke and shuffled her feet nervously as she listened. Luna wondered what house she'd be put in. Her great-grandmother had been in Hufflepuff, or so the stories told. It was mostly a hush-hush topic in her family... all talk of Hogwarts was, but not cause people were embarrassed about having magical relatives... but because there weren't more. For some reason in the Knight family magic had been skipping generations. Before Luna, the last magical person had been the Great-Grandmother Luna. So now Luna had a lot to live up to.

She shook her head a bit to bring her thoughts back to the present. Other first year students shuffled around her, all looking as nervous as she was herself.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I am easily excited but around people I don't know, I'm very shy. I have a twin brother who always spoke for me growing up so I'm nervous coming to Hogwarts without him.  

Tajar

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm
LUCY BONKS

“It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.”

User Image
Lucy entered the Great Hall, stumbling behind the other first years. She never felt any happier. She's about to join the school where her sisters and parents went. She could learn and become an Auror, or something similar. She almost wanted to shout of happiness. Pan was rolled up in her pockets, his head looking around with astonishment. She heard her name being shouted and dashed to the stool, trying to control her knees as they shook wildly. 'In Gryffindor, please!' she thought, biting her lip.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm funny, relaxed, moody and sometimes shy, but it's really rare. You'll probably see me most of the time with Pan, my ferret, or my guitar. Otherwise, I guess I'm very courageous. I ran away from home, see? And I don't know many people who had the guts to do that! I'm emotional, though... Don't worry! I'm tough, I guess. I lived on the streets since I was six, so you've got to learn to survive. I love adventures! Discovering new places and everything! I am lion-hearted and daring, I guess. I easily trust people, and I am very defensive towards the ones I love, so I'm ready to give my soul away to save my friends and Pan.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:55 pm
Ariana was nervous as they entered into the Great Hall. She knew that this was it. She would start her first year at Hogwarts hoping to be placed in Ravenclaw like her father. SHe gave a small jump as her name got called. With her shaky legs, she made he way over to the stool and placed the worn out hat on her head, slipping over her eyes. She could here a voice whispering in her ear.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I very quiet girl. I am fairly intelligent even if it does not always show show it with a little bit of wit to go along with it. My friends say that I am loyal to my family and my friends. I have learned some patience, however sometimes it may not always seem like that.  

Lonely_Keeper_of Time

Vavila

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:01 pm
Jackyll Coldstring
User Image

Jackyll walked into the great hall. His brothers descriptions couldn't tell him what he was seeing right now. He smirked as he waited for his name to be called. Everyone in his family seemed to be placed somewhere differently. When his name was called he handed some random person his cat to hold onto as he went up to the sorting hat. He was slightly nervous but he wouldn't show it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A person who can't stay out of trouble. Its not my fault that strange switches just look so shiny and the secret passage ways aren't so secret.  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games