Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Head Girl

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Levana looked up the long staircase and turned to look at her group. "This is kinda rough if you are not used to lots of stairs. I wont go too fast." She smiled sweetly then began her climb up.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:28 pm
Evando Rivera Junior
User Image
First Year -
Gryffindor

Evando looked around in awe at the so called staircase, it was nothing like he'd ever seen. His eyes grew wide as he noticed some people walking upside down, at least from his perspective, like it was a normal everyday thing. Just when he thought things couldn't get more bizarre, they started to move! His jaw dropped open at this spectacle and he could not figure out how anyone could even begin to navigate though this part of the school. He was so engrossed with the stairs that he didn't notice the abundance of pictures talking and moving, but then again, those weren't as out of the ordinary.

The head girl's voice brought him back to the real world again, giving him something to focus on once more and regained his composure. He smiled at her comment, it wasn't the amount of stairs he was worried about. He had trained for sport since he could hold a ball and running stairs was one of his regular exercises. What he was worried about was the stairs moving while he was on one and then not being able to find his way back. He was all for exploring, but getting lost in this place didn't seem like a good idea. With that in mind he followed a little closer than before, just to make sure that didn't happen.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

FlamingHeart

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Head Girl

Levana made sure to keep everyone in a relatively tight group. It would be horrible to lose someone on the moving stairs. She smiled as the first years mouths dropped at the scene that she had grown so used to. As she neared the level they needed to exit she made sure everyone was looking her way then continued on.

{{exit to common room }}

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:34 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Silence, it bubbled with a putrid sense of twisted honor and ravaging tension. It festered like the deepest wound, blood and muscles contracting together to assure a silence so profound it was as if every breath could waver into their ears. His attention diverted, rounded every corner before any eyes could, and bounded across the stone pavement in search. When those golden eyes finally veered to meet Catherine Deluge, it was with a static silence. Even the cursed gods wagered their bets against him now. ”I don’t know what to do.”

He finally answered her, moments before his soft soled shoes had graced their step upon the grand staircase, calculating their motion, their speed in tune with the staircases. His eyes swept upwards, finding dotted hues of blue and copper, the Ravenclaw’s. ”But I do need your help…” Tay had insisted, that slow creeping and conniving smirk graced his lips, and had almost twisted into a smile.

He knew she couldn’t resist.

”Perhaps you could befriend her… for now. Her ties are strongest of all of my enemies, and I’m sure, if I can divide her—“ He paused, the importance settling in. “The rest will fall too.”

“That’s what makes us better than everyone else, after all. They hunt like wolves; just a pack of dogs. You may be in Ravenclaw, but we’re all still snakes, we’re just as deadly divided, as we are, when we’re together.”

User Image User Image User Image
..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Jacqueline Day

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:15 pm
User Image

Heavy silence fell between the pair as Catherine’s fierce energy, bubbling up inside her, came to a screeching halt. Had she said the wrong thing? Perhaps it was out of place to offer help, perhaps he thought her as useless as she’d felt only moments before he’d mentioned the Ravenclaw girl. Then, as his fiery eyes met her questing ones, he spoke.

Hearing him verbalize his uncertainty worried her. He was always the one with the answers. Seeing him unsure, more importantly, hearing him acknowledge it unnerved her. But, at the same time, she knew it was her turn to step up.

As they took their first few steps up onto the Grand Staircase, which admittedly Catherine was not paying a large amount of attention to, Tay spoke up yet again. This time, a knowing smirk on his face, a plan alight in his eyes. At least, that was how the picture looked to Catherine, and it was a picture she was much more comfortable with.

The moment he mentioned needing her help, not simply allowing it, a flame was lit within her. She was all ears, listing was something she was very good at.

Befriend her, she internally questioned. As insecure as “making friends” made her feel, she realized that, if it was all a game, an act, she might be able to accomplish it. She was never very good at knowing what to say, but, if it was pre-planned, if she had time to come up with answers and if she knew how to respond to a given situation, she would manage. Besides, she was doing this for Tay, that made it worth while. She would follow his instructions to the “T”, she would be restoring honor and, perhaps, proving herself valuable and worthy.

At his explanation of their superiority, she realized she agreed. Others were nothing more than rabid wolves. Mangy mutts. Serpents knew when to strike, and, as he had mentioned, deadly dived as well as together. It was this ideal that the two of them had been raised with, whether or not it had been previously expressed in this manner.

“Yes, Tay, I’ll watch her” she agreed aloud, though, she was almost certain he already knew she would. “I’ll never be suspected. I promise you that.” And, as she spoke the words, she understood them to be true. She had all the tools to her advantage, she merely had to keep her wits about her.

Though she didn’t know the precise amount of danger she was putting herself in, a rare occurrence as she did not usually rush to throw herself in danger, she was loyal enough to understand that this was the only option, intelligent enough to know she could handle herself. A Snake was, to a Raven, prey, but, perhaps with another Raven by his side, a Raven with Snake ancestry, the other Raven would fall. She felt no camaraderie with the other Ravens, as she imagined other Ravenclaw students might feel. They were a competitive house, that much she knew. So, if she competed on the side of her true family, a Slytherin, she was fighting for everything her parents had taught her. This life, was after all, a chess game. Sometimes it was better to be underestimated.

First Year Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 pm

User Image

That smile, it grew into something lethal, something dangerous. It was carved into his lips with stony reserve, and it was wild, and reckless. A chaos in turmoil; it was a side of Tay that she had never quite seen before. Order, precision, and meticulous precarious care was the embodiment of him. Sure, he had his wild bouts, that fiery spout of wrath that shot molten lava to the surface, but it was rare. He had always been under control. The molten swam through his veins, ready, and waiting. He was the boy who hid in pure sight, masked beneath his shadows, with a smile that could warm hearts, or kill them.

”I know you will,” he breathed, devious hidden beneath the surface. ”Of course, you understand we’ll have to be discreet—or they’ll know.

“There’s a lot more happening inside of this castle then I ever let on….

“They’re on to me, they all are. They’re suspicious—and I need to give them every reason not to. There’s these two boys, both in Ravenclaw. Woil, and Yiaraw, odd names, I know, but they’re out to get me, none the less. Phinelia, Colton, and Ronyo—Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin—respectively.

“They are too.

“I can’t tell you why, not here, not now, and I probably won’t have a chance for a while. But I need them to think I’m… normal.”
Those eyes of gold flashed to meet Catherine, she knew what he meant. It was a close kept secret, safeguarded away from prying eye. It was his past; it was what began the mark of who he was. It was the murder; it was that monster, which made him who he was.

”And I need to pin the blame, everywhere, it has to be sporadic, and it has to all link together, the perfect fabricated lie…

“Do you remember when I told you about my cousins? The Frostmourne’s? Their parents were murdered, no one knows who, but the ministry is in a buzz because there’s a new dark wizard on the rise. He killed my aunt and uncle…

“I need people to believe that, to know that—and then maybe they’ll understand why I am the way I am…

“Pity was always a tool that only the foolish and vain neglected to use—and I intent to use it to its fullest extent. If I get caught—“
he breathed, he paused, oxygen cut in his throat. And for once, he finally felt alive.

”…We’ll just not think about that.

“Tell everyone you can about this, about the dark wizard. If I can pin the blame on him, surely, they’ll never suspect me. There’s an article about The Trouble at Tottenham Court Road, and one crucial detail keeps popping up,

“Every member of the Phelps family is dead—well—except for the son.”
Thick digits wove through the satchel at his side to seize the specific article in question and passed it along to her. ”My da’ managed to keep the murder of my aunt and uncle out of the paper so far, no need to put the people in worry, he said.” And Tay scoffed, rolling his eyes.

”Lot of good that did him, now I’ll have to tell everyone myself to get the eyes off of me, who would suspect a boy in mourning to be possessed, after all?” This truth, this confidentiality, and all of the prodded holes with withheld information shone with sadistic light, as if, all of this, was a means to an end—an end that wasn’t his own.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Jacqueline Day

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:49 pm
User Image

She listened carefully as he acknowledged her response, her promise. Nodding nearly imperceptibly at his warning regarding discretion. Of course they would. They were both snakes, Catherine with the added advantaged of not being perceived as one. Being silent, though disappointing, had its benefits. She was able to learn without being noticed, to observe without being observed and to pass as simply average. She watched as his eyes glistened, he was a master of planning. And she trusted him to keep her safe as long as she played on his side. After all, they held each other’s secrets, they shared a history. While, to those who’d not been brought up the way they both had been, this kind of friendship may seem warped, skewed in some strange fundamental way, it was their norm. It was what they knew and how they survived.

His next words were more worrisome, but she dared not interrupt.

She took note of each name, each enemy who had wrong her friend. Suddenly the Hogwarts she thought she understood became a very dangerous, deceiving world. That was just as well, she had grown up learning how to deceive. Practicing her masks while other children practiced their grammar. While children cultivated their friendships, she nourished her stone-like, but graceful balance in demeanor. Woil, Yiaraw, Phinelia, Colton, and Ronyo, from their respective houses. How had her friend made so many enemies? He was so practiced at keeping his Slytherin cool? What had changed within these halls that caused other to desire to bring him down. But, she assumed, it must be that way with all pureblood, especially those with Tay’s impressive lineage.

Why? she almost questioned allowed just as he began to answer the question on her lips. She understood that, understood keeping reasons to oneselves until the proper time. She respected that. Tact, cunning, it was what her parents had been trying to drill into her from the moment she could begin to understand language. More importantly, she understood his need for others to believe his normalcy.

She knew all too well the events in his early childhood. The look they shared at that moment was of mutual understand and silent promises to help where they could.

Suddenly, things started to change, Tay started to change. At first, she could go along with it. Pinning the blame, that was familiar enough, she understood. After all, to fortify this façade of normalcy, someone else had to take the blame. The talk of the perfect fabricated lie, made sense. However, as he continued, he began to get…frantic? He was building and building on his own lie, but this wasn’t his usually cool energy, there was a fire there, one she was not familiar with. Still she listened on, she could not afford to miss any detail.

A new dark wizard, she recalled internally. believing, knowing his words twisted around inside her head, scarcely making sense. She was missing something, some crucial piece to the puzzle that, when uncovered would make his planning, ranting, make more sense. She tried to draw connection, but as she tried, a gnawing, aching feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. What am I missing? she pleaded with her own mind.

She tried to shut out the unease, trued to listen. She respected his wishes not to reveal it all to her, especially not here on the Grand Staircase with limited privacy. Still, it felt wrong. Pity he mentioned, getting caught. What was he planning?

Then came her command, her orders. Tell everyone. The dark wizard had murdered his aunt and uncle, tell everyone. She could, she would agree to this. She would almost agree with anything he told her at that moment, simply to make it feel like she had more of a handle on whatever was plaguing him.

As he handed her the article detailing the event, she obediently took it, not wasting time to glance at it in that moment.

Why would the Tay want to go against his father? Obviously his father hadn’t wanted the public to know, and here his son was superseding him. Telling everyone, but to what end? So that others would pity him? She understood the view he’d expressed on pity, but one only needed that if they were doing something wrong. What was he planning? Why? Catherine was suddenly very concerned about her friend. This was unlike him.

”Tay”, she interrupted quietly but firmly ”What are you talking about? Possessed? Suspected? You seem…” she paused. ”…strange”

She was afraid she’d offended him, interrupting and all, so she quickly amended ”You know I’ll do anything you ask me to, but why?”

First Year Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:35 am

User Image

Thoughts whirled, blazing in on wretched winds scattering the embers until all the wheat golden fields in his mind caught fire, burst to flame, and left nothing but the thick tangible smoke and ash putrid, filling his mind. The distant echo of his thoughts roared beneath the hungry flames, the spout of wildfire greedily licking at the details, engulfing its fate upon him with utmost urgency. It grew to life in his eye, stirring beneath the cloud of wretched gold that sat on his eyes like burning pride; a stark contrast to the all too usual dismal, cold, stony stare. Improbabilities, anomalies, marred fact of reason all besmirched him, the skeletal hands of fate manipulated him, pulling at his strings like a corrupt harpsichord, amending his fates with the Gods.

When she called unto him, rattled him from his thoughts with all-seeing eyes that bore into his being, saw past the filtered mask into a glimpse of the monster that hid behind. ”Yes?” He acknowledged, almost just as quietly.

Those slow winding eyes veered across the ways to meet her, a struggle waging behind the veil of gold, as if shadows lurched beneath his mysterious and piercing gaze. His jaw tightened, he knew her curiosity would hold her to this, but he also knew the dire consequence if she knew too much. He rose his brows, her question sunk in deep.

But how could he respond.

”Never tickle a sleeping dragon.” He responded, loudly, and pointedly. It hadn’t answered her question at all, he knew, but as they strolled side by side, he brought her close, that arm around her shoulders pulled her in, the forehead pressed together if only for the moment to say, ”I’ll tell you as soon as I can, I promise.” And with that, he recoiled back to his position, as though nothing had happened. Hogwarts isn’t safe, he had wanted to tell her, from me.

"Now go, this is the Ravenclaw tower, you'll make it in easy enough- I hear they have a riddle instead of a password. I'll see you soon?" He smiled, simply, gesturing for her to climb the rest of the journey in solitude.

[[[Pale Mist is waiting in the Ravenclaw Common Room with Phinelia, xD So the fun will continue! xD]]]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

User Image

[A few weeks later]

A wisp of smoke, a beam of light, air thrashing behind lurching teeth; like darkness he crept, weary, and waiting. He lay in the wake shrouded beneath thick velvet robes with a deep set hood spilling over his eyes, and cast him in the shadows. He wore no colors, no distinguishable mark or sigil or emblem of pride; he was hot on the pursuit. There would be nothing to hinder him now, he knew it, and the grin slowly crept to the surface, white hot, and in smelter. Up ahead, only a few heads separated him from the iconic visage of evanescent fiery red, every so often, he was forced to quicken his pace, just to catch her fleeing glimpse.

He had done this some time now, following her in secret. He had tailed her since she left the Ravenclaw Common room down to the library, and from there, he narrowly slithered after her to the Great Hall, where he waited.

And now, he would have his chance. The scarce and yet thinning throng of students woven past made simply enough clamor for their disappearance to fall on deaf ears, he wove his hand into his robes to find his wand as he meandered along after, leisurely, unsuspectingly, never catching a second glance. It wasn’t until she had reached the top of the staircase of the first floor, did the floor beneath him begin to change. Those putrid eyes of gold widened and he raced, fingers too far from clasping the sapphire robes of the Ravenclaw that had just slipped onto the second floor landing, and never looked back at him with those dark molten eyes.

He cursed, a turmoil spun in his fist as knuckles burnt white, clamoring back a restraint of sheer force in doing so. His eyes burned, smoldering all in its path as he turned swiftly to gaze upon the moving staircase he was on, isolated, from the rest of Hogwarts.

Only, to turn and find his worst enemy…

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
Thoughts:'Bloody… hell…'
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 pm
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Forehead glistening with a fine layer of sweat, and rough, clammy hands gripping around the neck of his Firebolt 2, Colton trudged inside the castle, exhausted from a long afternoon of quidditch. His head had been down, making out shapes in the marble floor as his feet tugged him along. Rounding the corner on his way to the grand staircase, a flash of fiery red caught his eye, his heart stuttering for two beats before doubling its pace.

A knee-jerk reaction sent him jogging up the first few steps, but as he ran his hand along the smooth, wooden banister, an alternative idea crossed his path. Slowing his pace, his stance transitioning into a careful creep, he worked his way up the stairs, keeping pace with the lady of blue and bronze, but keeping his distance at the same time. While part of him wondered where it was she was sweeping off to so quickly, a much larger part simply wanted to catch her ivory face with the element of surprise. Pausing every couple yards or so when he could hear his own footsteps echoing throughout the staircase, readjusting his stride and reminding himself not to get carried away, Colton's adrenaline made him feel infallible as they neared the second floor landing.

Much to his distress, just as his spirits and childish grin were at their peak, a sudden vibration had him skidding to a halt, his shoes squeaking loudly under his feet. His palm gripped the banister as the staircase pulled its most ancient trick. The massive string of steps swung him to the left, creaking eerily as it moved him off track, ruining his game of cat of mouse. Letting out a deep sigh, he re-positioned his broomstick and turned his back against the hand rail to wait for the staircase to steady, but his gray eyes turned to ice when he discovered the footsteps he had been hearing hadn't belonged to him after all. Just a few feet away, molten eyes of gold sporting a glare similar to his own, stood William Nott...the last student in Hogwarts he cared to be locked on an unpredictable, shifting staircase with.

User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 am

User Image

♜Lips recoiled from their smirk, to besmirch a daunting and grim stern line, cracked and pale. The serpent rattled evanescent augury upon its tail, and, forked tongue hissing poison into the atmosphere, until the ambiance grew rotten, and festered. Shattered reflections cascaded all around, defying purpose and malicious intent fallen down around with it, leaving only those two to their malice. And those, glittering eyes of wretched putrid gold cast down their armor and basked in the delight of sudden profound freedom—not even the lion could deny the burning passion for danger that lingered within.

His intentions had never been to target the lion, not now, not so soon. But the rigidity of stance, and the snarl at his lips breathed more assault than the poison manifested in his teeth. That spite of tongue thrashed behind gnarled teeth, bare, and accusing.

”You,” he whispered, the lethal threat hung ominously, before it scattered in the breeze like leaves. His body crept, deliberate and auspicious, a predator nestled beneath the underbrush. Fingers fluid around the wooden handle of his wand, ready, waiting, lurking beneath the hidden shroud of mystery the menacingly black depths his robes had guarded him with.

And like a flash of spitfire rounds, visions flashed before his mind. Had to do it, his thoughts rang, justified, he got in the way. One by one, each scene reeled with a blast of spark, jinx after hex, weakness versus strength; but there was only one outcome. The bleak statuesque form of the pureblood remained, grim, and still; morbid death in golden rings. And just as suddenly, the thoughts of his private sessions with the ornery professor of transfigurations rung in his mind, clean and clear, "You were never incapable of this, you know. You simply did not want it. What made you want it now?"

But before that could truly be answered, he had to know…

Had he been followed?

Did he know about the book?

”Another fight, I assume?” He breathed darkly, only several breaths pause after his last threat. His eyes shot downwards, towards the second floor where they both knew their bounty had drifted to. It was only then as his eyes shot backwards did he notice the broom cleverly hidden beneath the boastful, broad depths the lion encompassed. It was nothing he couldn’t manage, without his sabre—if he had it, in any case. ”Or are you really just that ridiculously paranoid that you have to spy on her..?”

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 pm
User Image
User Image
The sound of Tay's sinful voice, even more sinister than usual, compelled Colton to release the grip he had on his broomstick, letting it clatter noisily to the steps at his feet. Instead, his hand instinctively unsheathed his wand, and he only partially noticed how cold it felt against his clammy palm.

Visions of the past mayhem caused by the slithering foulness before him clouded his mind, and Colt was forced to shove these persisting thoughts aside. The slight shaking of his body would likely go unnoticed as he put all of his effort into keeping his wand hand obediently against his leg, pointed harmlessly at the marble floor.

Both guesses - or accusations, rather - rolled off Tay's forked tongue so naturally that Colton found himself surprised by how much they offended him. His grip tightened on the handle of his wand, his strong jawline pulsing with boiling anger. He tried desperately to keep his lips pressed firmly into a straight, wordless line, but failed all too soon.

"I think the better question is what business do you have following Phinelia? Haven't you caused her enough harm?" The lion's tone was arguably more venomous than the snake's as he spat them across the small, but tense distance that separated the two. His own question froze the blood in his veins as he tried to imagine what more Tay could want with the fiery beauty. He'd already put her in the hospital wing once and attempted to burn her to the ground twice, but Colt had a feeling that the Slytherin's imagination was creative enough to boast a lasting supply of devilish scenerios that could've played out if it had not been for two things: the moving staircase...and himself.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am

User Image

♜ In the dark constricted within, nefarious hands of darkness were rapacious, and unfurling, coiled tight around him. Crude ignorance wove silken seams of webbing hope, ensnaring his justice, his honor, trapping him there beneath castle stone walls. Suspended by a silver strand, he hung, threatening, and ominous, daring for a strike with poison tipped fangs. He knew he had to win, and he would. ”You’d think so,” he drawled on, inquisitive and accusatory. Funny how she always found herself in those predicaments, wouldn’t you agree?”

It was then, the static through narrow eyes of silver, against gold, and then the reaction that fueled fire beneath the house of scarlet and gold, versus emerald and silver. A lethal smile swept upon his lips, an incision to the mind dividing a thin line between justice and vengeance. ”So she never told you then, mate?

“Quite the thief, she is.”
Words of liquid fire burst, translucent and airy, gliding along and ensnaring the lion of ice; sliding down his spine. ”She has what’s mine. And I won’t stop—

“Formicatio rubens,”
he recited, and he knew what he wanted. He wanted to hurt, to breathe, to live and play with the fires of life. The hex spurred forth from the wand as it thrust forward from the confines of his robes, pulsating a magical entity soaring to meet the enemy in the face.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am
User Image
User Image
Tay's words rang like copper against steel, furrowing Colton's brows as he kept his guard up. With a new intent, he cautiously began to circle the blonde-haired demon, keeping his wand confined at his side as he mimicked the same taunting action he was accustomed to in the boxing ring. However, no cocky smirk occupied his lips now, only a ravenous sneer as he swallowed the boy's words, waiting for him to bite.

The snake always strikes first. And he did. As soon as heard those quick, chanting syllables begin to leave his tongue, his wand was already in the air, and he was ready. Not even bothering to let Tay finish his hex before he began, nor bothering to hear which one it was, he viciously backfired the spell with a strong,
"Flipendo Incantato!"

Even as he had rushed, the Slytherin's speech had been faster, and he felt the blackened magic brush the tips of his fingers before he had finished his own spell, which still managed to force the core of the hex back in the other direction. He could feel the hives rising to life on his left hand - burning as if he had just sunk his hand into a pot of boiling water, but he ignored them.

Too distracted to recognize pain, Colt wasted no time. Not a second had passed before he immediately followed up his counter-curse with the honesty jinx, intent on having him finish what he had been saying about Phi, and perhaps give him a chance to throw in a few other questions, as well.
"Veritapraesto!" He roared, putting every inch of his concentration into the words, letting it dilute them as the magic flowed from his hand, through his wand, and out the other end. In casting such infallible magic - unless it was dodged - his questions would have to be answered.

However great his desire for information, however, his need for vengeance was much stronger. All of his pent up anger combined with the memories of Phi's pain to concoct a lethal dose of bravery - or blood lust. Dark red attempted to blur his vision every few seconds as the audible palpitations of his heart made it hard for him to swallow. He was giving his opponent an advantage - giving him the lead at his own game - by allowing his emotions to get the best of him. Working against himself now, for a brief moment, he let the happiest memory he had wash the distractions away. A distraction in itself, the flash of Phi's lips against his own sent that same electric current pulsing through his body, shocking him back onto the marble steps where he was suddenly hyper aware of the slithering slime that filled the lengths of his eyesight.

All of this was condensed into a few fleeting seconds that followed his jinx, and despite his short absence of mind - he was back, twice as prepared now.
"What did Phi take from you?" His stern voice was merely a deadly whisper as he tested to see whether or not his magic had properly taken effect.
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am

User Image

“You mean besides my sanity-!?” He hissed, flying, the threat echoing in his throat, chortling with a guttural growl as blistering hives erupted on the lower half of his face and sprawled down his neck as he collided full force against the staircase bannister. “Besides all of the time she stole—stalking me, following me, trying to know what I know,

“You really don’t know, do you?”
His eyes flashed, gasping for the breath that had been stolen from him, the collision from the spell to his chest pinning his back to the wooden structure, surprise flooding within the menacing gold as the next spell took hold of him, suffocating the truth right from his clamoring lungs before he ever had any time to retaliate. ”She stole my book you bloody, twit. My family heirloom, and I’ve tried every way I know to get it back.

“I have no qualms taking her to the wizengamot court rooms if it comes to that, but I know you won’t. After all, I can buy every wizarding lawyer in London to make sure she’ll lose. Then, who knows, maybe I’ll have her work for me when we leave Hogwarts?

“Bet you’d enjoy that, wouldn’t you?”
Truth and honesty bled forth from the black wound, festering and rotten to the core as his vice grip welded into his wand, but his tongue still oozed with the thick viscosity of his voice. ”Not as much as I enjoyed seeing Storm and von Ichval together during my ball, you were invited, if I recall,

“Ah, not like they missed you much anyway. After all, I did find her alone in my library, looking, quite memorized.”
He hissed and taunted, unwavering under the threat of the lion and his roar.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:Blistering Hives
╚══════════════╝

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games