Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
Paved Courtyard ("The Quad") Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 am
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Well that surprised me.

MOOD: Entertained and a tad surprised.

User Image

He got checked! This filth actually managed to check him! But still, it was a sad check and he easily crushed his bishop with his knight. Still Matt's eyebrow raised as he looked at Ben, "Interesting, however, did you think that I would react how you have planned? After all the weak flock to the strong like a bunch of bees, making sure their fellow weak is safe and shoo the strong out. So if I acted weak and you acted tough, who would they side with? Me or you?" He smiled as he put Ben in check. Seeing his next move carefully, he could easily stomp out Ben like he was just a little fire. However he wants to play rough? He'll give him rough.
User Image
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rue shook her head. "Dad's side is like that; all high and mighty purebloods. They hate mom and her side because there are muggles married into the family. She's pureblood, but doesn't hate anyone, just like dad and me. I think its really stupid to believe you're better than anyone else. Because the strong rely on the weak just as the weak rely on the strong. Its a give and take balance that some people don't see." She laughed, almost amused by the idea of the two guys being in opposing houses. "It would either be bloody or really funny. But I think it would be even worse if they were in the same House. That would be grusome." Her lips became a grimace for two seconds then resumed their grin. Hopefully the boys would be in different houses to ease some of the tension she could see radiating from them. The subjects of birth and linage came up: "The de Lux family can trace all the way back to King Arthur's age, and Grandma Mater claims that the Umbra family goes back even further..." But did it truely matter how far in the past you could remember your family? 'Yes,' Rue thought with a sense of conviction,'So you can remember your relatives and be proud of them.' Though the Umbra's were tainted by siding with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, they were still family and she would protect them.

Rutam gave another curious look to Elliot. "I've been wondering about that. How can two squibs have a magical child? I know that magic is in all of us, but..." She was confused. Or maybe she was thinking too much about it; trying to shed a scientific light on it. Magic was a strange mistress...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:33 am
Elliot couldn't help it, he had to laugh. "I suppose you're right. Eyugh, if they got put into the same House and ended up sharing a room, there'd probably be a death before the Winter Hols." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck as he set Cheshire onto his shoulder and looked around. Then he looked back to Rue and shrugged.
"I don't know. I know from what my parents told me when I got my letter that they both came from magical families but left because their families hated each other, and kinda hated my parents because they weren't magical themselves. I don't know how far back either family can trace their names, because well, they changed their name and refuse to let me know what their family names used to be." The boy let out a slight grin and shrugged.

"And my mom is really smart. She think it has something to do with some kind of a common mutative gene that sparks magic-capability. She hasn't done a lot of testing with it, but she uhm.." He frowned for a moment in thought, and his fingers started rolling in slight circles as he cycled through his memories. Then he snapped and continued speaking. "She theorizes that non-magicals born to magical parents have a recessive version of the gene, and that two recessives together have a chance of creating the dominant gene. But it's not certain - my older sister also doesn't have magic. But then again, she's also a lot better at mundane studies than I am. And she's got an eidetic memory." And she thinks she can train me in having one but she refuses to just yet. Maybe this summer? He rubbed his shoulder absently as he thought, working out a small knot that had formed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

Ben was already prepared for Matt's move. He never went into battle unprepared. He couldn't wait for what Matt had to say about his next move. Ben listened patiently to his speech about how Matt planned to play the weak one. He just smirked and shook his head at the other boy. "Do you think that they'll believe you? That's laughable," he said surely. "I believe you're forgetting the stunt you pulled in the train with your cousin, his girlfriend, and that Gryffindor guy," Ben reminded him. "Do you really think anyone will believe your "poor me" charade?" he asked miming a pathetic face for emphasis. Matt didn't have a chance this way. Ben would snuff out his hateful pride. Everyone should be served a slice of humble pie now and again, and some people had to be served it again and again and again.

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:56 am
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

Sam turned to glance at Chase, and then Ariana and sighed. "I think Herbology is going to be rather boring," he said with a shrug. "I'm more looking forward to Defense Against the Dark Arts and Flying. The active classes are for me, I think." He smirked. "I also want to explore the Forbidden Forest."

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year ___
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? Paved Courtyard
What am I doing? Waiting with my friends
What am I thinking?I'm glad they don't hate me.

Kat looked to the two boys and the other girl and shrugged. "I'm thinking either Charms or Transfiguration will be my favorite classes, maybe also Defense," she said, looking to Sam with a nod. "No one really wants to attend Astronomy or History of Magic."

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

viscountknight3

Dapper Genius

2,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:01 pm
aliciazee

User Image

The more the girl talked, the higher the radars in Andy's head went off. Not only did this girl seemed slated to be manipulative but also highly intelligent. Obviously, she was a Slytherin fully outfitted with the whole mask and everything. She knew all too well that if she let her guard down, who knows what may happen. "The best Wizarding school in the world. Probably the only reason I every came back to this place." Rolling her eyes, Andy glanced up again at the tall spindly castle. She hoped her sacrifice would be worth it.

One thing Andy learned, never reveal too much. "Yeah, I picked up the language. My mother is from France; she taught me. The weather there is positively splendid." Andy would never let her opponent have the satisfaction of leverage over her. From Graham, she had learned quite a few handy tricks. They had bonded through solitude and he had passed down knowledge that was vital for her plans at Hogwarts. A major rule was to look for people that may help her.

Taking in the girl, her mind wasn't sure to slot her as a friend or as an enemy. As a friend, she would be an advantage but as enemy she would be highly dangerous. Perhaps they would even be housemates. "Maybe we will be housemates, eh?" Giving the girl a half-smile, Andy wondered if Selene would ever be gifted with a real smile. Few people were the rare recipients seeing that most people got smirks, sneers, half-smiles, or nothing at all. Who knows? Birds of a feather flock together.

Watching as the Selene's face lit up into a smile, Andy fingered the delicate pin. Was it a trap? She suspected so. A person's character can be judged by a few words. Knowing that not answering would be rude and against everything her dearest mother had taught her, she was obliged to return her answers. In her head, Graham's voice echoed, play your cards well.

"It really is beautiful isn't it," unpinning the rose, she held it out for the other girl to see. "Quite exquisite work. Very rare these days to come by something of this craftsmanship." Wrinkling her nose, she thought of the tacky pins that she had seen in Muggle England. Bedazzled with fake rhinestones, they looked like trash compared to the pureblood work. "It's a flower, for my family crest. During the winter it withers away and then blooms in the spring." Deciding not to include the whole family situation, she decided to remain quiet as she refastened the pin. "Transfiguration seems to be an interesting subject. Did you learn magic with your family?"

Changing the subject off of her, Andy inquired about Selene's personal life. An eye for an eye, isn't it? Obviously the girl was a pureblood. She could tell from the second she had been addressed. The Gilette family sounded rather familiar. Andy remembered to pen Graham the next morning. Not all purebloods were raised to be like her. Something, just something, told Andy there was a back story behind the girl.

(OOC: I'm not sure if I could see the two being enemies or best friends. Their personalities would either kill each other or make them like sisters... biggrin )

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm
viscountknight3

User Image
User Image
Selene Gillette
Unsorted || First Year

User Image

Noting what Andromeda said about “the only reason I came back to this place”, Selene decided file this piece of information away to be brought up later. Selene also took note of Andromeda’s answer to her next question. If there was one thing Selene had noticed about Andromeda thus far in the conversation, she was very good at concealing her motives, that was, if she had any to conceal. This conversation was very much a chess game, and unfortunately for Selene, she wasn’t certain who was winning. Not good, she could practically hear her mother scolding her.

At the mention of being housemates coupled with Andromeda’s half smile, Selene suddenly felt a bit of respect for the girl. Yes, a fellow Slytherin was good. And, should this girl turn out to be her enemy, all the better. For, the saying went, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Yes, this girl definitely warranted Selene keeping her eye on her. ”Yes, housemates”, Selene agreed. Selene allowed her mind to wander for just a short moment. What would the other Slytherin students be like. It was only this past year that Selene had really had any dealings with children her own age. In her world, in her life, childhood did not truly exist, at least not in the muggle fashion. From the moment they could speak, they were being groomed to be elite witches and wizards and to carry on the elite pureblood line. This was, outside of her visit to Diagon Alley, nearly the first time she had been around this much chaos. She assumed the other Slytherin student would all carry themselves with some for of grace and dignity, but, she knew she was expected to be a cut above the rest. What if?, a small voice, a voice that had long been beaten down by one arrogant thought after arrogant thought, questioned What if I’m not a Slytherin?

Of course the moment that thought entered her head, Selene shook it from her mind, she was a Slytherin, that was as silly as asking whether she was a Gillette, whether she was a pureblood. It all went hand in hand. Andromeda unpinning her pin from her lapel brought Selene the rest of the way back from her brief moment of uncertainty.

As the girl before her spoke of her pride in the piece’s craftsmanship, Selene couldn’t help but wonder if that was all to the story. Simply a flower that withers in winter and blooms in spring. It was true, the craftsmanship was marvelous, but something troubled her. Why someone would want to display a family crest that weakens, so obviously, at something as trivial as the change of a season was beyond Selene’s comprehension. Unless, Selene wondered, she has a reason for displaying a weakness so overtly. But, is it tactical, or emotional?.

Letting that sit for a moment, Selene was finding that this girl intrigued her. Selene was rather impressed with Andromeda’s response. Just enough to answer the question, but, again the girl avoided revealing to much. So much though that Selene had almost begun to doubt that there was anything worth hiding.

That’s when it happened, the moment Selene had begun to draw a conclusion, there it was, a well placed question that proved just how much of a danger Andromeda could be to her. Of course, it was fair play after all, Selene had opened the door for that type of question. Did you learn magic with your family?

”Of course”, Selene answered in the perfect balance of pride and nonchalance, ”it is a family custom. Gillette children always study magic, among other things." Selene had secrets that she, too, was unwilling to share. A calculated question on Andromeda’s part deserved a calculated answer on Selene’s. ”Is that your custom as well?” Selene was genuinely curious, though, she did not forget that this girl had just proven she could be a powerful adversary. This was a game of strategy that, at least thus far, Selene was enjoying.

((OOC: Yeah, I'm having the same problem xd At least, for now, Selene has a little bit of respect for Andromeda. I feel like Selene would always have her eye on Andromeda... I'm not even sure that, at this stage, Selene is even capable of a real friendship. sweatdrop ))  

aliciazee

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UNSORTED 1st Year

Current Mood: Curious xxx Location: The Paved Courtyard

Like the small group of her peers within ear's reach, Rona couldn't help but overhear the elaborate squabbling of two boys. She had all but abandoned the girls in her boat, peering curiously between the bodies of children two heads taller than herself. Being short had many disadvantages. Her thin arms only managed to drag Lantern's cage, and the irritated owl squeaked quietly to himself with every bump and graze. Still he preened, just as curious as Rona.

When her dark eyes finally caught up to her ears, Rona bit her lip in nervous excitement. She rarely found arguments interesting, but this was a magical argument. They were on school ground now, and she vaguely recalled magic only being allowed here... perhaps there would be a bit of wand play!

Oh, wands.

She'd nearly forgotten about her own wand, a beautiful Centaur Hair Ash that had been purchased from an aging man with wild hair the previous morning. She felt around her bag almost frantically, making sure the thing was there, and breathed a sigh of relief when she felt the hilt peeking out from the lip of her knapsack.

What an awful state of affairs it would have been, forgetting her wand.

Now, back to the boys, who quarreled amongst themselves, much to the chagrin of their surrounding classmates.

With:
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:35 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Damn him.

MOOD: Surprised and anger rising.

User Image

Another check!? This boy was putting up a fight, and this time Matt was switching from comfortable to intense with his plays now. He wasn't going to lose to this filthy Mudblood and he wasn't backing down. Since he's being checked so much, the boy needed to pull back his pieces, leaving the pawns to die he withdrew his Knight, Rooks, Bishops, and Queen. "Ah, but at that time it was just us five, and do you see any of those older students here? Hmm? My pathetic Cousin and his girlfriend and little cat that's pretending to be a lion are all inside this castle, outside of this wall." He said slyly to the boy and spoke again to him, "Now unless you can prove your point, it's time for you to sit like a good little boy and maybe I won't tarnish your already poor reputation." He dropped his arms and stared at Ben with jade eyes and stared straight into Ben's light blue eyes, his lock on his lips broken. He was now not holding back anymore. However he heard the whispers around him about Ben and Matt's arguing, and he sighed as he looked around and just shook his head and decided to purse his lips now. Well aware that people were listening in and he just closed his eyes, crossed his arms and bent his head down. He wasn't giving off a good display and that wasn't what he needed right now. So with the retreat he stopped the war, temporarily.
User Image
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase knew that the Forbidden Forest held many secrets. He was curious, but the curiosity wasn't enough to make go venture into the dark forest. It seemed to him that one wrong step may cause a one-way trip to Hell. Besides, he was pretty sure that it was against the rules to go into the forest, or else why would it be named the "Forbidden" Forest?

Chase looked up at the sky. "The sky is vast, forever expanding. The fact that the stars we see are images from millions and billions of years ago is quite fascinating. It makes you wonder if the stars you see today are still in existence..." he said, then added, "I don't think Astronomy will be that despised."

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana looked at Sam and shrugged. "I really like plant life, so I guess we'll see how boring it'll be," she said before letting out a small giggle. "Hey, that rhymed!" Although Defense Against the Dark Arts sounded interesting to Ariana, she hadn't been looking for to it. Flying, on the other hand, was a class she couldn't wait for. She looked at Kat after a moment of silence. "Yeah, I'm definitely not looking forward to A History of Magic," she agreed. "Astronomy will be fine, I think, but I don't understand why we're learning it. It doesn't have anything to do with magic," she said, mostly to the two students Chase and Kat. In fact, the class is based off the opposite of Magic, which is Science. An almost inaudible gasp escaped Ariana's mouth as she looked back at Sam. "You wanna go in the Forbidden Forest? Isn't it really dangerous in there?" she asked, remembering some stories she's heard about the place.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda's attention turned to the two boys arguing. It's the ones I rode in a boat with, she thought as she observed what they were doing and saying. She looked at the two boys, catching any details that stood out about their appearance. She noticed the brown haired boy's eyes. They were bright green and shined with the light reflecting in them. The blond haired boy didn't have any qualities that made an impact on Amanda, but she did notice his eyes were blue.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:10 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year __
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

Sam smirked. "Oh yeah, it is. Centaurs, acromantulas, giants... Probably werewolves and vampires. But all the best things are dangerous. Better to live on the wild side." He continued smirking. "You know you want the adventure Ari."

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games