Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:29 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today we will be spell casting.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, has been practiced now for hundreds of years and have changed in their uses over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore or, for the process of separating ore from other minerals, gems, or fossils, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class to use the pure iron ore in experimentation… Though, recently, it's uses are much more versatile.

“The Corrumpo spell can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, barricades, or weaponry, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.”

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so watch and repeat, with a swift wrist guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much. Then thrust the point of the wand at the target and recite the incantation. Understand? The incantation is fairly simple, if you’ll repeat after me: cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

The Board

Page Nine in Absolutely, Alchemy
        Name of the spell: Corrumpo
        Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
        Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
        Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
        Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
        Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
        Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:58 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Robes

Corrumpo... seemed easy enough in the book and seeing it, can't be that hard...

David had to remind himself as he listened to the class that he had taken Alchemy not necessarily for its obvious usefulness in the healing field but for the fact it was a more solid subject than say mythology. Of course, then again wandless magic or wandlore studies weren't exactly classes to ignore the practicality of. He listened as Professor Amorocho explained the subject of the class. David merely nodded to himself at the end of the introduction. He stood and narrowed his brown eyes at the chain link and precisely followed the zigzag pattern in a smooth swift movement pointed at the chain as he said confidently in a quiet voice, "Corrumpo."

He set his wand down beside the chain now covered in rust on his desk and sat back down. There, not so hard, he thought with a sigh as he waited for the class to end and glanced around the classroom at his peers curiously. Come to think of it wasn't the blonde Slytherin, Sapphire Snow, in this class too? He wondered. Well, it was just another class he could prove he was better in, he decided.

User Image
Pet: Annabella

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:37 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXUser Image⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
Tanya walked into Alchemy first thing in the morning after breakfast mentally preparing herself for what was going to happen. She would see the horribly handsome professor and not melt into a puddle of goo like last week. Nope. Nuhuh. Not gonna happen. So when she took her seat and watched as he turned to face the class she did not let out a soft sigh but she did smack herself. Just in case. To take her mind off of it she took notes over the spell they were going over that day and looked at the chain she was supposed to rust. The name of the spell had no 'e' yet the sound was there. The frick? Latin was weird. When he told them to begin she took her wand and made the design in the air softly saying the spell making sure she had the zig-zag right before she actually tried it on the chain. When she was sure she wasn't going to poke her eye out she directed her wand towards the metal and at the soft thrust said, "Corr-um-PEE-oh" and grinned as the metal rusted.
`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: AlchemyWith: ClassThinking: I almost wish I was a RavenclawOOC

This could be para- para- paradise
Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:37 pm
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 <3
With : <3 <3
Who : <3 <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire entered the class and sat sort of near David. She wasn't really paying attention to where she sat. When they were told t rust the chain she sighed. "Corrumpo." She said zigzagging her wand at the chain. As it rusted she set her feet on the desk already feeling bored. "Used this spell last year after a week of practicing to rust the bars on my cousins bed post..." She said quietly. She yawned before looking around. David was looking around for someone. Either the brunette Lion or maybe her herself. She chuckled at the idea. Maybe she had had an effect on him. Of well. She would prove she was better. She would always do it. And Plus, that made it so much more fun for her.

Third year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:35 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Two: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

”Well done,” he nodded scrupulously. A curiously dark and twinkling eye had settled one by one upon each student. It was an inquisitive sort of stare. But, he carried on as if he'd never paused at all. ”Ten points to the each of you, you've studied well.” His wand was scattered on his desk, he extended his hand and a levitation charm snapped the magical instrument to his hands in a quick blink. ”Let's make it a bit harder, shall we? Depulso, accio, the professor gave an intricate swish of his wand. The tarnished, rusted orange bits of metal disappeared from their desks with a pop, and it is place, a solid metal block. It was thick, heavy, pure iron. ”Engorgio,” the desks creaked under the weights of the block as they thickened and grew. By the time the iron blocks had ceased, they were nearly a half a meter high and just as wide.

”Focus, harness, and control it; I want you to drill a hole of rust through the block straight on through, okay? Be careful with the rusted residue, don't breathe it in and don't play in it.” He only added as a precaution, just in case.

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

More of a challenge... though, I'm sure from the sounds of it Sapphire has the advantage on me in this task.

David noted that Sapphire had found him scanning the classroom after she had successfully completed the spell and then boasted quietly that she had used the spell before after a week of practicing to rust the bars on her cousins bed post. Besides the fact the act seemed ridiculously petty, and could on an off chance lead to one of her cousins being hurt, it also showed that while he hadn't actually did hands on practice with the spell and performed the spell just as well as she did, he probably was better. He hadn't had the practice that she boasted about. He was naturally better.

And that was when Professor Amorocho gave them a more complicated task to complete-the large blocks of iron forming on each of their desk. A small frown formed on his face as he realized Sapphire had the advantage considering her previous practice. Dismissing the thought he narrowed his eyes at the block and cleared his mind before standing and once again stating "Corrumpo." The task required a great deal more focus and energy as a gallon sized hole formed in the block and slowly came to an end on the other side.

Sitting down with a sigh he said under his breath glancing at the block and the hole he created, "Not bad for a second time ever using the spell." Sure, Sapphire could boast about learning the spell the year before but she had to practice to get where she was now. David had managed only with knowledge and previous reading on the spell. Let her decide who's better in that regard, he thought a bit smug.

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:51 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Ex Football Player{|}Third Year

He ran up to the door of the class...panting...sweat beading down his face. He had ran here, full speed through the hallways, just to try to get there on time...but he failed. He walked in late, still panting, but feeling almost embarassed. He couldn't believe he seriously got to the class as late as he did. He was never late...to say the least, he was always early. It was a rare occasion for him to late for anything. He hated it, but he had to make due with what he would get. Probably deduction of points...he supposed...unless the Professor felt nice that day.

He did however, recognize the lesson...Corrumpo. He just hoped he could get it quickly, but he figured he would this time...mainly because this was a wandwork course. He was good at it. He got a metal chain, and prepared himself to do the spell. "Corrumpo," he said, pronouncing the spell perfectly, and waving his wand in a flawless movement. It did exactly what he wanted. It rusted the chains well enough.

He was also there long enough to hear the second instruction by the professor, which he happily was ready to do. He eyed down the metal block, looking it down, knowing he had to be precise. "Corrumpo," he said confidently, focusing in greatly. He felt it was easy to be honest. He kept going until he got what he wanted. 'That wasn't too hard,' he thought to himself, understanding that he did well with anything that had to do with his wand. As soon as he got away, like the history of Magic, or potions, he became just about worthless. Even worthless was an overstatement.

After he was done, he decided to go up to the professor. "Professor, I'm sorry I was late. I'm not going to make an excuse. I honestly was just late. I won't let it happen again," he told the professor in confidence, ready to take any punishment.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

Essy ze Ninja

(OOC: Sorry about the lateness. Been sick and my laptop has been broke. Hard to post on my phone. I've only been able to make like one post a day. But the laptop is better now.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:26 am
Waking up in a world surrounded by flames...
Where everything I liked is about to fade...
How could you be the one, if you're not the same?
If in the hands of gods, you have lost your way?
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!
No matter what it takes, I'll try to save the ghost lights...
How ever hard I pray to remake you mine-
I will never fall down!

How ever hard I pray: Excited
To remake you mine: I've been looking forward to this class...
I will never fall down: Third Years
No matter what it takes: Alchemy

E L S B E T H | L Y N W E N | V A S S
B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | T H I R D Y E A R User Image

Elsie was busy rolling her eyes as she muttered a "Corrumpo." Sapphire and David had their silly little competition thing going on again. She always tried to think the best of people, she really did, but Sapphire always came off to her a spoiled princess and David as a smug... arse. He was an arse. There was no other way to put it. She knew him and Leo were friends, and she counted the Gryffindor girl as among her friends, but she didn't understand what she saw in David. At all. She resolved to ignore that back and forth going on between the Slytherin and Ravenclaw, an exasperated look on her face as she started trying the spell again.

I'LL TRY TO SAVE THE GHOST LIGHTS...

Waking up in the fog, the dust and the pain...
And of the sunny days, no traces remain...
How could you be the one, if you sail away?
Without you I can't stand the sound of the rain!
How ever fast I dance to make the sun shine-
I will never fall down!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:48 am
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 Alchemy <3
With : <3 Third Years and Ravenclaw Head <3
Who : <3 Class and Professor <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 Pretty assured of myself. ((I'm glad your character thinks of her that way!!!)) <3
Wearing : <3 Uniform <3

And here was why she had practiced for a week. She hadn't wanted to just go through the bars and let her cousin know something had happened. No, she had rusted through most of the bars so when the older Ravenclaw had laid down the bed fell. She had heard about it from Raphael that the older girl hadn't been hurt but had been shocked. Just remembering the prank made her chuckle. But the professor wanted them to go through the task of making a hole in the block that was now on her desk. She smiled and after a quick run over the wand movement, she set her focus to as calm and concentrated as she could manage, at least for the first hole. "Corrumpo." She said and made a thin hole through the metal block. She looked through and could see the other side, but just in case she made another hole an inch in diameter that went right through. It wasn't like she was boasting or anything.

Third year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:08 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Lesson Three: Inveratus Spell
╚══════════════╝

"Welcome back class, today, we will begin with the counter to last class's spell...The counter charm: inveratus, essentially does the opposite of your last spell, if you come across iron that’s rusted, this will do the trick to reverse the effects." Juan stepped forward to demonstrate the wandwork, and the etymology behind the spell and then offered for the students to have a go on the rusted instruments on his desk."The trick, however, is not so much the wandwork (however that is just as important too) but the thing about this spell is to remember that the way it is written is not how it sounds,

"Inveratus, when pronounced correctly, sounds like in-VET-er-a-tus."
        He nodded slowly and glanced around the room to assure himself everyone was keeping on track.

”So do be careful, this is rust, I’d advise you all to wear your gloves if you have them, if not, I have a box full right here you can use.”

The board
        turn to page 10 in your textbooks.

[OOC:]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:44 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

I thought I was running later than usual...

David was pretty sure he was running later than usual-not quite late-but later than usual. When he entered the classroom he found himself the first one into the classroom again. He sat down in the front and listened as Professor Amorocho began the lesson on Inveratus. Having read the chapter in the book on the spell he remembered the importance of slow and somewhat stiff sounding zigzags. Standing, he pulled on his gloves and picked up one of the rusted instruments from the professor's desk and brought it to his desk.

Taking out his wand his brows furrowed and he made a long zigzag motion pointing towards the instrument and while he made the motion he said to be sure to accent the correct syllables, "inVETeratus". With a frown he watched as the rust slowly reformed into strong iron. The spell was not nearly as easy as most spells.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Ex-Football Player{|}Third Year

He walked into class rather later, but not just on time of course. He noticed that a lot of the others weren't here, which confused him. Where were they? Was he not as late as he thought he was? These questions lingered within the confines of his mind, confusing him further and further the more he thought about it. His watch could have been set too far forward. He was toying with it earlier, which lead him to believe that maybe he it something to change the time. That was the only possible explanation for this.

Despite his confusion, took a seat and listened to the teacher, taking the lesson in with relative understanding. He didn't really understand why exactly this spell was spelled so much different to what it sounded like. It was kind of like the word 'colonel' or 'lieutenant', which were common words that didn't sound exactly how they were spelled. Despite how much it annoyed him, he accepted it.

He received the rusted metal, running his hands on the dull surface. He made sure not to cut himself on it, for he was not sure he had tetanus shots last summer. He wasn't sure if Wizards had a cure for it, but he wasn't going to take a chance. He looked at the rusted metal, ready to cast the spell.

"in-VET-er-a-tus," he said aloud, watching as the metal turn mostly back to its original, shiny self. There was a little bit of rust still left over so he performed the spell again to make the rest of the metal perfect.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:12 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy I
Lesson Four: Baleful Brew
Tuesday, Block One, 8:00 am to 8:45 am

╚══════════════╝

Several silent flicks and flurries of his wand had led directions to be scribbled upon the chalk board that stood at the forefront of the classroom adjacent the students desk. Today, bronze cauldrons were placed at the head of every desktop, which, for this class, had been transformed into a longer wooden tables to accommodate all of the ingredients and materials deemed necessary. His hasty steps manually pushed a cart that he had prepared with all of the ingredients and measuring cups needed and several of the rarer ingredients were already bottled to the exact increments, as well.

”Today, we will begin with a little challenge, we’ll be learning the Baleful Brew, a powerful potion that will eradicate any sense of dread, fear, anxiety, worry or paranoia… Whoever completes the best potion, the quickest, may keep a small portion of it for themselves. I took the liberty of completing the first step for you which requires a twenty four hour preparation period. Before you begin, I would like you direct your attention to step number four.

“That step specifies that, as you stir the contents in the cauldron, you’re allowed to stir clockwise as many times as need be, it does not matter, but if you decide to stir counterclockwise during this step, you may only stir eighteen full circle strokes, at the most, and at the least, no more. So, you really don’t need to stir counterclockwise because of the risk involved, if you do it one too many times or less, then the chances of the potion brewing successfully are significantly reduced, but if you do decide to stir counterclockwise—remember, only eighteen strokes—and manage it successfully, it will actually increase the rate of success for the potion. Now, if nobody has any questions, you may begin brewing….

And remember, the first one to bring me the perfect potion gets to keep a small portion, and the added bonus of twenty-five points to your house.”

Quote:
                          Turn to page sixteen in your textbooks.

[OOC: This class is a two-week class. To make this interesting, I'd like each of you to enable the roll dice action, in the Post Action option found just above the Submit and Preview buttons. Select, 20 sided dice. Select, 1 # of dice to be rolled. The closest number to my number, which I will roll next Saturday (to allow everyone a chance to participate) will be the winner.]

Juan Angel Amorocho

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:43 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Really, is it that hard to count to 18 without screwing up? If it increases your luck of success, that's obviously the way to go.

David entered the classroom and sat down listening as Professor Amorocho begin introducing the fact they would be brewing the Baleful Brew. It was an interesting potion to say the least and the idea of what it would help cure peaked David's interest all the more. It sounded like the type of thing that wouldn't be bad to drink every now and again and the challenge of being able to keep a small portion along with the housepoints made him that more determined to perform well. Besides, potions wasn't a particularly hard subject it was just following directions he figured as he flipped his book open.

Not saying anything he began deciding that keeping the count to eighteen wasn't that difficult and if it increased the potion's effectiveness that was no doubt the best route to go in stirring it counterclockwise in step four. He had already began his focus as he followed the directions exactly, ignoring the other students working around him.

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:55 pm
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXUser Image⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠User Image

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯``•.
    Tanya walked into Alchemy as always and for the first time did not wilt at the sight of her handsome professor and gave an inward high five to herself for her amazing progress before sitting down. When she turned her eyes to the board to see what they would be doing she nearly flew out her seat in excitement. Brewing and alchemy, today was the beginning of a beautiful day! She turned quickly to the page in her text book and began boiling the blood. Soon the outside world faded as she was immersed in her task much like she had seen her mother do when she too was practicing her potion arts. When she got to stirring counterclockwise she carefully watched the consistency of her potion and when it took on the thin smooth texture as described she slowly stopped knowing that abrupt might cause a disturbance and make her potion explode. Now came the tricky part. Did she play it safe or go the distance? Well...she wasn't a foolish lion for nothing. She began to slowly and carefully stir counterclockwise always counting her strokes and when she reached eighteen continued on with the rest of the instructions. While her potion was boiling for the mentioned ten minutes (times on her pocket watch) she began mixing the ingredients in the ninth step as instructed before dropping the eel's eyes in when the time was up then mixing in the mixture from the before mentioned step. Finally she was done to the last step and the dashes as instructed and held her breath waiting to see if she had conquered or failed.
    `•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´`•

WearingWhere: AlchemyWith: ClassThinking: I almost wish I was a RavenclawOOC

Para- para- paradise
Whoa-oh-oh oh-oooh oh-oh-oh.

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers