Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Naruto Network

Back to Guilds

A place to talk about Naruto and Naruto RP 

Tags: Naruto, Naruto RP, Roleplaying 

Reply Anime
Naruto: On Toonami Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creativerealms

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:43 pm
Well I think it does not suck. I think that there is a very big difference between a bad dub and a good one. Naruto has all the quilities of a well made dub. That is why I believe it does not suck.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:57 pm
At least the Naruto dub is better than the TMM dub, right?  

Kuritomo Hikari

Hilarious Friend

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Elle the Hobo Queen

Space Traveler

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:33 pm
Kuritomo Hikari
At least the Naruto dub is better than the TMM dub, right?
I agree.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:03 pm
Saying at least it's better then a 4kids dub? Thats hardly even a nice thing to say. The dog crap under my shoe is better then a 4kids dub.  

Creativerealms

xTwisTx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:25 pm
I still believe that the dub could be much, much worse.

As for the blood thing.. The only time where I found it intrusive was the nosebleeds in the first episode. It lost a lot of the fun.

As for dattebayo.. It's a dialect. It's not a phrase like, "Believe it," is. I can't see how you can compare the two. It's just like an accent. Many different places in Japan have different versions of their language, and "Dattebayo" isn't any different.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:43 pm
Creativerealms
Well I think it does not suck. I think that there is a very big difference between a bad dub and a good one. Naruto has all the quilities of a well made dub. That is why I believe it does not suck.

I agree, I think they did a pretty good job on Naruto for CN. The only thing I don't like is Naruto seems to say "Believe it!" about fourty times EVERY episode and they have NEVER called the village by its name, Konoha. Other than that it is really good!  

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Tsujiaikun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:51 pm
the narto dubbed isn't all that bad but the subbed was way better then the dubbed they also hidden the part where Naruto an Sasuke kissed gonk that part was hilarious too evil  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:59 am
Yes, but if you look closely, during the fight with Haku when Sasuke has all the flash backs, you actually see it. 3nodding  

xTwisTx

Creativerealms

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:24 am
Also the kiss still happened in the Dub even if it was not shown. And besides if it was such a big loss there are uncut DVDs being released in July.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:59 pm
Creativerealms
Also the kidd still happened in the Dub even if it was not shown. And besides if it was such a big loss there are uncut DVDs being released in July.
Thank God, but they do that to a lot a shows on Cartoon Network. I remember when they cut up Gundam Wing and Tenchi but the English DVDs are fine. hmm.  

Godless Beast

750 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teddy Tibbers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
have i posted on here?............welps, i don't like the idea of "americanizing" naruto, they arleady messed up so many good ones..........especially with the voice, and the worse case scenario is that they change the names *shudders  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:38 pm
xTwisTx
Yes, but if you look closely, during the fight with Haku when Sasuke has all the flash backs, you actually see it. 3nodding

And the image stays for quite a while. Anyway I don't think they could have censored that part.
The whole "believe it!" might be the most annoying thing in the show. My brother and I actually bet on when he's going to say it xd  

SaKuRa512

Creativerealms

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:50 am
sw33tmischi3f
have i posted on here?............welps, i don't like the idea of "americanizing" naruto, they arleady messed up so many good ones..........especially with the voice, and the worse case scenario is that they change the names *shudders

Dubbing is very different from "Americanizing" and really not a lot of dubs are Americanized. For every one "Americanized" anime twenty are released uncut with the original names, storyline, music, character development and so on. Naruto is one of the twenty not one of the Americanized.

In fact Viz has gone out of their way not to Americanize Naruto. They have kept in more Japanese words and terms that are even needed. For example Jutsu. Technique would work just as well. The reason they kept the word Jutsu and went for more derect tecnique translations is because of peoples complains over the manga. People complained over translations like Dopplegangers, Evil eye, Art of the Valintine, and others in the manga so Viz went for more correct translations in the anime.

The Ninja ranks, the word sensai, Kekki Genki (Spelling), the term for female ninja (name slipped my mind), even some chants are kept Japanese (when Kakashi and Zabuza summon the water dragon for instance) This are signs of an anime that is even less Americanized then most.

Really the only real Americanization in Naruto is the switch between dattebayo and Believe it. However there was a trade off here as Believe it is said only a fraction of the time Dattebayo is said.

Now the voices some are bad (Naruto, Choji, Neji, Sakura) some are average (Sasuke, Lee, Kakashi) Others are great (Gaara, Hinata, Zabuza, Haku) and one is so good that it's a threat to the very existance of the world (Gai). Really I would count the dub as average at best most of my defence for it is less how good the dub is and more how bad it could have been.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 pm
How very true. I've read the manga and seen the anime, and though I prefer the anime names of some techniques ("Shadow clones" sounds better than "doppelgangers" in my opinion), the manga names still have a special place in my heart ("Behold! The Ninja Centerfold!": That line still makes me laugh!). Oh, and the name you were looking for is kunoichi.  

SharPhoe

SharPhoe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:49 pm
How very true. I've read the manga and seen the anime, and though I prefer the anime names of some techniques ("Shadow clones" sounds better than "doppelgangers" in my opinion), the manga names still have a special place in my heart ("Behold! The Ninja Centerfold!": That line still makes me laugh!). Oh, and the name you were looking for is kunoichi.  
Anime

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff