Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[I/T] Dov`Strunmah - Update 01.31.2016 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:47 pm
Green Ever After
Oh I do like this! 8D It'd certainly be fitting if the ones providing any form of vision should have the ear of a Royal. Makes sense to have her either leading them or atleast being seriously involved. :3

::nods:: I agree. It would be difficult for her to lead them, exactly, as she'd have to BE a seer, and that's impossible to arrange on purpose, whether now or later on with a successor.. (This is not a bid for Releeshahn to become queen, rofl.) So I didn't suggest it as a consequence. However, they could report to her, that way when/if we do get a bunch of seers, they aren't all gaggling at the council meetings and making a mess. Instead, they could bring their predictions, concerns, etc to the Queen, and the queen could speak for them in council? Again, not much of an issue that would require it just now, and perhaps this is something that could be developed via rp. If Releeshahn communicated well with and had a good relationship with the queen, they could establish the tradition as the pride changed. Though I guess there would be NPC seers going on too? ::gets a little caught up sometimes and forgets there's NPCs involves very often::  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:52 pm
I actually like that idea as well! It'd be pure luck or really hard to get the Queen to be a seer... Unless she was a lioness whom already was. Still, the general concept of her being the ear for the seers is good I think. :3  

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 am
Talencia

Lady Kitania

Ladies, what if I create a role for a Lead seer specifically? (I would like to offer this to Releeshahn?) My reason for this is that you both bring up a significant point that the Leader should be a seer as well, that would make any sympathies or discipline mean more. However, to tie into the Queen I think that the Lead seer should report to her and than she can present her findings to the council, Jun and Faal Zul.

By having a Lead Seer it rids the possibility of having four or five of them dousing her with answers and such.

Let me know what you think 8D <3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:12 am
Concerning the lead seer position, I think that'd work well. Another option might be to ensure that one of the council members is always an older seer, but again, that might be hard to manage OOCly.

Concerning Releeshahn being the lead seer, that depends on the IC situation. Being a newcomer, if there are other seers in the pride ICly (NPCs), she would feel firstly taht being new disqualifies her, and secondly, that her power of sight is not worthy of the position. However, if ICly she is the only one presently, and others arrive after her, she might agree to the position. OOCly I have no issue with her being the lead seer, but it just may not be something she'd consider her place, depending on how things are. (She'd also think it silly to accept the position if no other seers were part of the pride. Leader of what seers?!)

That beings aid, I also would like to offer Haddi for a fling, so that the pride has more guarenteed seers. That is, if you don't mind their father being the god of Games, heh. He doesn't have enough rps just yet, but I'm willing to work towards that actively.  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 am
I wouldn't think she'd find it that silly of a position. Their walls just opened up so members of all kinds would be coming to join. They wouldn't know what to really expect, aside from the original members that they have. Once they hear the tales of what lies outside their own walls, such positions as being the ear for the seers wouldn't be too unheard of, even if it was a role that isn't filled right away.

Plus, she'd be the queen! She'd have other responsibilities and the like to occupy herself with, such as the ones Greenie already mentioned. Being the lead female in the pride, she could be close to cubs and cubsitters, as well as mothers. She'd ideally be their role model. Not for all of course, but most I would think. :3

I do think that so long as both Greenie and iD like the idea of some of the seers coming from the God of Games, those roles would be filled quite nicely! Plus, no one has to know those lions come from the God of Games either, technically. =P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:49 am
Lady Kitania

I meant Releeshahn would feel silly being "lead seer" (not queen) when she herself was the ONLY seer. I meant no disrespect to implying I knew what the queen would think/feel. ::smiles::  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:31 am
I was actually just talking in general, not anyone specific. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:26 pm
Talencia

The God of Games would be a sight for those in the pride! They have never bared witness to such a creature as a God and would be bewildered, entertained and very weary. I do have Ameretat
who would be more than happy to assist the pride in whatever way possible, including populating. To have seers added to their numbers would be a definite plus!

Taking on the Lead Seer would definite be a decision of personal matters. If Relee would not be comfortable taking that position on than that is perfectly fine. In my mind I would see the seer rank as a reborn rank. One that has not been filled in many ages and suddenly would have uses again. I don't believe that her abilities would be judged, it is not how strong the ability, it's how she would use that would matter and Alduin would ensure to do what he could to help her feel that way.

Dov Strunmah

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:16 pm
Dov Strunmah

Lemme work on Haddi's rps before I commit to him siring cubs just yet, but I think it's perfectly doable, and her colors would look pretty decent with his, I think.

Perhaps... perhaps we should do a rp where this matter is addressed ICly? Leesha wants to be of use, and would be pleased to hear her abilities were welcomed and valued. It's possible that if Alduin asked her to take the role, with anticipation of others arriving eventually? It also could be a tradition to have the first/only seer in the 'lead' role, as a place of honor rather than just responsibility. Approached THAT way, she'd be more likely to accept.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:59 pm
Talencia
Lemme work on Haddi's rps before I commit to him siring cubs just yet, but I think it's perfectly doable, and her colors would look pretty decent with his, I think.

Perhaps... perhaps we should do a rp where this matter is addressed ICly? Leesha wants to be of use, and would be pleased to hear her abilities were welcomed and valued. It's possible that if Alduin asked her to take the role, with anticipation of others arriving eventually? It also could be a tradition to have the first/only seer in the 'lead' role, as a place of honor rather than just responsibility. Approached THAT way, she'd be more likely to accept.
Absolutely, take your time.

And Alduin would be more than happy to approach her, he takes pride in what others can do, especially those who can do something he very well can't. Even if he did turn out to be a Seer I wouldn't see him as a strong one simply due to the pressure to lead etc etc. We can certainly set something up if you'd like?

Dov Strunmah

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Please! I'd love to work on this ICly. ::nodnodnod:: And I have yet to rp any of my Dragonborn anyway (aside from Auri deciding to go home with Pahale.) So I'm eager to do this!

Fair warning, though... my muses have been very unreliable lately, so it may not be a FAST rp by any stretch of the imagination.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm
That's okay, I've been waging an ongoing war with my muses. So I know the feel<3

Dov Strunmah

Dov Strunmah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image

User Image

Quote:
03.10.2014 ; Whoo! Updated, reworked and posted the Ceremonies all over again. Majority are the same premise, just reworded or renamed.

Please give opinions! If you'd like to see something more, something gone, something different? Let me know! 8D

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:33 pm
heart  

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

Dov Strunmah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:22 pm
heart  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff