Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:28 pm
DarkHellBoy19
So I've been in this guild for a short time but due to getting a bad cold I've been to exhausted and unmotivated to get on Gaia but now that I'm feeling better and after 50$ worth of cold meds I can finally introduce myself! biggrin

Hello everyone! My name is Drake, I'm turning 19 in August and I live in a dry heat place called Surprise, Arizona.

I really like spicy food and have a habit of buying really spicy hot sauce for laughs and giggles.

I've been to a few conventions but my main one to go to is Sabotencon each year and I plan on going to PHX comic con this year to see how that is.

Some of my favorite animes are: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood ,Hellsing Ultimate, Btooom, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost Stories, Trigun, RWBY, Corpse Party, Tokyo Ghoul, Code Geass, Blood +, Blood - C
If anyone has a good horror anime they suggest I would be more happy to hear about it. mrgreen

I like to draw, create, play video games ( Mostly RPG's and Horror games) , cosplay, and create cosplay :3

Cosplay I've done so far: Rick Taylor from Splatter House, Luxord from Kingdom Hearts 2, Wesker from Resident Evil, Human Wheatley from Portal 2, Corrupted Human Wheatley from Portal 2, Sun Wukong from RWBY

Cosplay I'm working on: Purple Guy from FNAF, Spartan Titan armor based from the game Destiny, White Fang Major from RWBY

If you would like to talk and know more just ask, I don't bite...much >.>

Hi Drake,

Nice to meet you. I'm always amazed at how many cosplay outfits that people have come up with and the skill levels. Being a Cosplay Photographer I Love taking photos of cosplayers and to me it doesn't matter what skill level they are. Their Love of the character that they are portraying is enough for me and my photos often show that Love. In the photo section it would be nice if you are able to post photos of your cosplay outfits and ones in progress.

I see that you like a lot of Anime series. Make sure to check out the different official threads that I started for some series in the Anime, Manga, and Video Game Sub Forum. Feel free to start a new thread or post in one of the official threads. Many of the threads I have posted some of my photos and info about the series.

Two Anime series that I would recommend checking out are Claymore and Corpse Princess. For fun you could check out Soul Eater. I'm going to add an official thread for that one (It's more kinda corny and cute at the same time). I happen to like Code Geass, Blood +, Blood - C as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:00 pm
Snort Like A Pig

I've heard of it but I'll have to give it a watch, I don't mind it being 24 episodes either since I don't have a lot of time on my hands...xD'' thank you for the suggestion!
Totally go for it! I enjoyed cosplaying as Wheatley and going up to Chell's, the interaction is entertaining and I always get a good laugh. Lol  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Fentyr

Wealthy Gekko

6,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 pm
Alright so my name is Tyler! I'm 18 and just wrapping up high school (with a nice bang if I do say so myself) I'm from Oregon and some hobbies of mine include writing, playing videogames, and watching anime! I don't really have anybody else who watches anime so it would be great to make some new friends as well! This last year of high school I joined a community service class and that really helped me to get a new perspective on things! I made an anti-bullying video that ended up getting some national recognition as well as getting the chance to donate a large sum to local nonprofits around me! Also I have been a male cheerleader at my school for three years and the official school mascot all four! Feel free to ask me about any of it as I love to brag haha! I really want to cosplay, and I hope to for sakura con next year! And lastly my favorite anime kinda changes every week or so but I just watched Anohana and I will admit I teared up a little! So excited to be a part of the guild!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm
Fentyr

omigosh!!! you're a cheerleader (and mascot too)?! i think that's amazing that you guys made it to nationals! i almost did cheerleading at my high school but i didn't want to devote the time altho now i kinda wish i did just to get the discipline, ahaha i did tumbling for the most part and was a flyer but not so much after high school sad you should definitely cosplay it's a lot of fun! like being a mascot xd did you have an idea of who you want to cosplay as O: ?  

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 pm
DarkHellBoy19
Snort Like A Pig

I've heard of it but I'll have to give it a watch, I don't mind it being 24 episodes either since I don't have a lot of time on my hands...xD'' thank you for the suggestion!
Totally go for it! I enjoyed cosplaying as Wheatley and going up to Chell's, the interaction is entertaining and I always get a good laugh. Lol

ooo i want to sooo badly but i want a legit portal gun and it's something like 200 dollars sad i'm awfulll at crafting so i don't trust myself to make one gonk i think it's cool how you could execute a wheatley cosplay tho! like was your head his head or was your body his head... or did you dress up in clothes you'd think he'd wear as a human? xd

and i hope you get into parasyte it's p good cool  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 pm
Snort Like A Pig
DarkHellBoy19
Snort Like A Pig

ooo i want to sooo badly but i want a legit portal gun and it's something like 200 dollars sad i'm awfulll at crafting so i don't trust myself to make one gonk i think it's cool how you could execute a wheatley cosplay tho! like was your head his head or was your body his head... or did you dress up in clothes you'd think he'd wear as a human? xd

and i hope you get into parasyte it's p good cool

I swore indymogul made a crafted portal gun instruction video, would that help any? D:
I thought about making the core part to be my head but I decided to trash that idea since I wanted to see well throughout the day, 10am-1am is a long time to be in cosplay. sweatdrop I pretty much design clothes that I believed he would wear and even got ideas from fanart of human Wheatley. :3 The suit, pants, and vest I have is mainly gray tones expect the white dress shirt I wear. I have a blue tie and wear fake black glasses with the Aperture logo on them. I attempted to put blue led lights on my tie to symbolize Wheatley's core eye but I kind of fail, I plan to fix that though soon since I've gotten better at crafting xD;;
With my corrupted Wheatley cosplay I use red instead of blue, I have glasses that are cracked on one side, I wear them kinda slanted too to make them look broken and I wear a cape because who's not evil without a cape right? mrgreen hopefully red led lights will be in that cosplay soon as well.

I was about to watch that anime and found out the website I use is having issues Q~Q  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 pm
DarkHellBoy19

wahhh that would totally help crying if i wasn't so lazy, ahaha
omigosh ooo how creativeee, hehe, but also sounds like a lot of hard work! you should post up pictures it honestly sounds awesome! and oh so you're re-using it for your next con? i hope you find a glados xd she was def my favorite character!

and ohhh here i use anime hail, it's the link that parasyte's facebook page gives!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 pm
Snort Like A Pig

If you're ever interested I'll find the video for it lol
If my scanner wasn't such a derp I'd probably would x_x and no, even though Wheatley is my favorite cosplay I'm not going to for a while. I want to re-design it so I can fit in the led design and do something new. :3 I do have a friend who cosplay's as GLaDOS from time to time and we usually stay together...we pick on each other, it's fun actually. xD

Thank You! I'll definitely tab this website then. I used Kiss Anime but sadly it seems the website had a mental breakdown and the devs don't know what to do about it. D:

I just notice your sig too xD I love it!  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:45 pm
DarkHellBoy19

ooo thanks! i'll be sure to msg! altho for the con i usually go to in may i'm doing a resident evil group... so your wesker cosplay woulda been nice, LMFAO altho my group's merchant from RE4 can't come cuz he has graduation and my other friend who is being revelations jill dropped out too since she finished her chun lei one and is too broke for anything else crying it's just me and my sister now who're gonna be the bella sisters from RE4 sad

awww you had a glados tho i think it's sooo much more funnn when you do a group cosplay! i totes agree!

yep no prob! anime ended a week or two? ago so yayyy you don't have to wait for new episodes!

ALSO LOL I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND FOR A SIG BUT THANKS!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03 am
Snort Like A Pig
DarkHellBoy19

ooo thanks! i'll be sure to msg! altho for the con i usually go to in may i'm doing a resident evil group... so your wesker cosplay woulda been nice, LMFAO altho my group's merchant from RE4 can't come cuz he has graduation and my other friend who is being revelations jill dropped out too since she finished her chun lei one and is too broke for anything else crying it's just me and my sister now who're gonna be the bella sisters from RE4 sad

awww you had a glados tho i think it's sooo much more funnn when you do a group cosplay! i totes agree!

yep no prob! anime ended a week or two? ago so yayyy you don't have to wait for new episodes!

ALSO LOL I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND FOR A SIG BUT THANKS!

I haven't cosplay as Wesker in a while but I got to meet his voice actor D.C Douglas at Sabotencon last year if that counts? xD I've never seen anyone cosplay as the bella sisters so that sounds awesome! bummer so many people had to drop out though D: Me and my friends want to get a big RWBY cosplay group together but everyone is still making their cosplay or figuring out who they want to be. lol

I'm liking it so far, it's funny but horrifying at the same time xD;;

I love Bioshock and Deadspace ( I have a love/hate relationship with this game) so it's a nice sig :3  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:41 am
DarkHellBoy19

YOUUU GOTTT TO MEETTT HIS VOICE ACTORRR??? I'M CRYING OMFG URGH I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! he's always been my favorite character in resident evil sad LIKE NO JOKE and a part of it was his voice xd yeah... i might end up dropping out too... but then i wouldn't even know what to cosplay as... possibly sakura from street fighter cuz then me and my friend could still be a group whee

yayyy i'm glad you like it! it's seriously one of my favorite mangas because of how existential the theme is! and shinichi and migi are such a funny pair xd also i think the anime did a great job with the fight scenes!

i do too, always the first dead space and the first bioshock tho! dead space 2 and infinite were great but felt different... whyyy a love hate relationship? whee  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:14 pm
smithers456

Hey Smithers, nice to meet you too! I saw some of your photos and you're an amazing photographer! Looking at all those photo's makes me wish I could be at a convention right now! Once I can afford a scanner that won't break down on me than I'll do my best to post a few pictures. I'll give the anime threads a tried for sure, one suggestion so far was a big hit and I'm loving it so far. I've seen Soul Eater and had to wonder why I didn't add that to the list too. I heard of Claymore but never read it or watched it so I'll give it a watch and I've never heard of Corpse Princess so that's now on my list on things to watch too. Thank you so much for the suggestions!  

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

Fentyr

Wealthy Gekko

6,150 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 pm
Snort Like A Pig
Fentyr

omigosh!!! you're a cheerleader (and mascot too)?! i think that's amazing that you guys made it to nationals! i almost did cheerleading at my high school but i didn't want to devote the time altho now i kinda wish i did just to get the discipline, ahaha i did tumbling for the most part and was a flyer but not so much after high school sad you should definitely cosplay it's a lot of fun! like being a mascot xd did you have an idea of who you want to cosplay as O: ?

I couldn't ever get any tumbling past a double back handspring but oh well I was a pretty good partner stunter! And for cosplay I was thinking maybe someone like Kamina from Gurren Lagann! He's like my polar opposite lol i'm really quite for the most part but I work out when i'm not cheering so I have the body type down haha  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:43 pm
DarkHellBoy19
smithers456

Hey Smithers, nice to meet you too! I saw some of your photos and you're an amazing photographer! Looking at all those photo's makes me wish I could be at a convention right now! Once I can afford a scanner that won't break down on me than I'll do my best to post a few pictures. I'll give the anime threads a tried for sure, one suggestion so far was a big hit and I'm loving it so far. I've seen Soul Eater and had to wonder why I didn't add that to the list too. I heard of Claymore but never read it or watched it so I'll give it a watch and I've never heard of Corpse Princess so that's now on my list on things to watch too. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Hello again. I just wanted to let you know that I added an official thread in the Anime, Manga, and Video Games Sub Forum that's about the series Soul Eater. I posted a lot of info about the series in it and added a couple of Cosplayer photos that I took in it. Check this new thread out and let us all know what you think about this series.

I'm happy that you like my Cosplay Photography photos. I always leave my cannon camera on auto and focus entirely on the cosplayer instead. I've gotten a lot of wonderful photos that way as you noticed. I can't wait to see some of your photos. We have a Photo Sub Forum just for Cosplayer photos.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

DarkHellBoy19

Loyal Knight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 pm
smithers456

I'll definitely give it a look and pop in sometime! smile  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games