Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:25 pm
User Image

Amanda watched in disgust as Marina barfed up one slug at a time. However, the girl kept her ground and her wand raised, expecting the redhead to fire a nasty spell at her. As the babbling curse was fired, the blonde yelled, "Protego!" and the spell that Marina fired hadn't hit Amanda. She figured she should wait for her dueling partner to finish throwing up slugs to cast the next spell. Once the girl seemed to be done, Amanda said, "Crescoramus."

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:14 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
It's just another war: Disgusted | Just another family torn: Yay, more slug vomiting... | Just a step from the edge: Amanda | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina was pleasantly surprised that Amanda actually waited for her to stop spewing slugs everywhere before she cast the antler hex. The redhead didn't bother trying to dodge it, already shouting her next spell. "Silencio!" If she was lucky, she could end this duel now.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

kiska166

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY
[  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:48 pm
User Image

Amanda was quite surprised that Marina hadn't even tried to dodge the antler hex. Instead, she fired another spell immediately. Fortunately, the blonde wasn't caught off guard and dived out of the way of the Silencing charm. "Confundo!" she shouted. Hopefully, this would hit the fifth year. Of course if it did, Amanda might have to end up giving her a potion right away since having a confused person in charge was probably not the best idea.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image
It's just another war: Disgusted | Just another family torn: Yay, more slug vomiting... | Just a step from the edge: Amanda | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina, now with some very impressive antlers jutting out from her head full of newly shortened red curls, yelped "Protego!" and got a shield up just in time. She had a bit of a headache, and seeing her hair all over the place was a little weird, but this was miraculous compared to her last duel. Best of all, she was no longer throwing up slugs. "Levicorpus!" she yelled.

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:15 pm
User Image

Amanda, who was still on the ground when she fired the Confusion spell, didn't react to Marina's hex in time. Suddenly, the blonde felt as if something began to pull her up by the ankles. In an attempt to stay firmly on the ground, she placed the palms of her hands onto the ground; owever, that didn't help one bit. A moment later, she was dangling upside down in midair. Great, this is just perfect, she thought in annoyance. To make matters worse, her wand dropped out of her hand when she tried to grip the ground. "Liberacorpus," she said, trying to use the limited amount of wandless magic she knew. When she continued to hang in the air, a heavy sigh escaped her lips. Why did I drop that course? she wondered. "A little help here?" she asked Marina, staring at the redhead with antlers spouting out of the top of her head.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:40 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi's eyes widened as the spell connected and listened-half impressed-at Darius' singing ability. When everything was said and done he'd have to drag the older boy to the Music club. However his thoughts proved too distracting when he was too late to dodge his next spell and felt his teeth begin to grow bigger and bigger nearly hanging out of his mouth. Anxiously his mind tried to come up with the counter spell, any counter spell, before it finally came to him. "Ftheni, fthinie, fthinite incantatehm!" he prayed it would work and sighed with relief as he felt his teeth stop growing and slower than dirty shrink back. When he felt he could speak without spitting a lake Tobi pointed his wand back at him calling out, "Flippendo!"

Xistund

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:25 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image

Marina smiled in satisfaction briefly upon realizing that she had won, before approaching in Amanda. "Oh, finite." she said quickly, dropping the older girl from being dangled. Realizing that falling back to the ground had probably hurt, she extended a helping hand. "Sorry. Great duel. I haven't gone head to head like that with someone in a while." Gingerly feeling her bew short hair and antlers, she muttered a few finite incantatems. Her red curls grew back as the antlers shrunk away.

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

First Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Eleven Years Old ~~~~Quidditch Stands

User Image

Even though none of the first years present, and there were quite a few, could participate they all seemed content for the time being to watch the older students. Mory watched as the club leader and another Slytherin were the first two to throw spells around. A few of them were amusing and Mory couldn't help the smile that came to her lips. When that duel was over her eyes shifted to another duel under way. She wondered if they would use the same spells, or different on one another.

User Image

Digital Static

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 pm
User Image

"No, wait-!" she exclaimed, but it had been too late. Marina already dropped Amanda onto the ground. Now, she was lying on her stomach, her cheek smushed against the cold ground. Ow... she thought, not moving for a moment. The blonde grabbed onto the fifth year's hand and pulled herself up. Luckily the fall wasn't far at all, so there was no serious damage done. "Thanks, you did great, too," she said before picking her wand up from the floor and casting several finite incantatem spells on herself. The worst thing that had hit her had to be the boils, but they were gone now, and Amanda had her perfect skin back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club

"Tarantallegra." David shouted at the same time. That would cause a problem as he hadn't had any way to stop the incoming spell. Getting hit he started to babble uncontrollably. Maybe if he was lucky his spell would work making Edajin dance and hopefully he would be distracted long enough for this to wear off.

With: Dueling club... Edajin

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: Sorry I have terrible writers block for this and didn't know what to do. Plus real life's been pretty hectic.

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Excited | Of the life I held so dear: Another year of dueling! | I won't run: Alone | There's no turning back from here: Dueling Club (Clock Tower Courtyard)|

This was her second year as head of the dueling club, and last year had gone very well, so Marina was actually kind of excited. They'd really just done practice duels the previous year, but she was thinking of maybe doing some actual instruction on spells to use and seeing what people knew. Maybe she'd even learn something new. The redheaded girl had a feeling there was going to be a lot of new members, as all the first years who'd wanted to join last year were now second years, and therefore eligible. She looked around the court yard and silently commended herself on her good work, having set up all the targets and practice dummies, and drawn out circles with chalk on the stones of the court, for dueling circles. She'd also put up several shields around the entire area, so no wayward hexes or jinxes would hit anyone just innocently passing by.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor carefully walked into the clubroom, well it wasn't really a room per say since it was located outside, but he didn't know what else to call it. He was nervous of course. This was a dueling thing after all.
Then again did they mean dueling via spells and hexes? If so Victor could try his hardest then.
He needed to toughen up!

Walking around the vicinity, Victor glanced around, "Umm...How do I join?" He spoke up, before seeing a girl and bowing some, "Bonjour...I'd like to sign up for the club?"

I feel nervous you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Oh my..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

The Forgotten Weasley

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club

➳ ➳ ➳

Dueling Club! This is going to be interesting.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna was thrilled to be able to finally take part in the dueling club. It was perfect for practice for her future. If she was going into law enforcement as a witch she would need to know how to duel. She was ready to learn, and as she walked in she saw an upperclassman redhead with freckles who she thought was in Slytherin: was she in charge?

As she walked in she was surprised to also find Victor asking about sign ups. She hadn't pegged him for one to want to do dueling club, but then again maybe he wanted to one up his cousin that had turned his hair pink. Honestly she liked the pink-it made Victor stand out and easier to find in a crowd. Besides, like her Dad said if you have one distinguishing feature it is often hard to pick out anything else out. For example if her Dad was going undercover or something most of them would just say "some tall guy".

She smiled as she reached Victor's side. She crossed her arms and raised a brow and said, "Yes, sign ups? Start at second year, right? Are you the one in charge? I'm Veronica Kiss or Ronna, second year."

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 pm
High dive into frozen waves
Where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain
It was worth it every time

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tobi walked outside to his second year of dueling feeling energized by the second. It was odd, but he felt more relaxed hitting or bludger or practicing his dueling spells than even piano some days. Maybe he was getting older...or the fact that Vivaldi was a b***h. More than likely the last one. He arrived there seeing a now familiar redhead and waved to her while noticing a somewhat familiar second year and a girl he's never really seen before. The girl was asking all manners of question to the Slytherin making him shake his head. Never push a snake. "Oi, give her room ta breath will ya? No use crowdin' her or she'll never speak." Tobi winked at Marina knowing the girl would just blow him off and waited off to the side for things to begin.
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

'Cause you are, the piece of me,
If our love, is tragedy,

I wish, I didn't need
Why are you my remedy?

Chasing, relentlessly,
If our love's, insanity,

Still fight and I don't know why
Why are you my clarity?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Casual Clothes]
Company: Dueling Club

➳ ➳ ➳

Ah... I suppose I am playing the bad cop.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna raised an eyebrow as the upperclassman chided her for not giving the other any breathing room. She took a step back and said, "Sorry, must be in my blood. Dad always gets stuck playing 'bad cop' in interrogations." Her last statement was impossible to tell if she was joking or serious. The truth is with her Dad's height it would be easier to see him playing the bad cop.

She glanced back at Marina and then to Tobi and said with a sigh, "What is the standard procedure, then?"

The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games