Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:02 am
Let's get just one thing straight before we go any further.

Who - or what - the <********> is Stig Wemyss?

Seriously, absolutely no clue at all. It would also have to be one of the strangest names I've heard.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:17 am
zjiujiu
ninja now if you can share the name of the guy... it would be a hoot

Harold Holt.

Wellz, the Stig guy does voice overs and acts apparently...  

EmWah
Crew

Rigor Mortis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:40 pm
I will dance and you will love meeeeeeeee. KA-CHA! *shake*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:26 pm
Rigor Mortis
I will dance and you will love meeeeeeeee. KA-CHA! *shake*

*Loves* heart

zjiujiu

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 pm
Next question:

What does 'twirl' mean in Aussie Slang?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:59 pm
I've never heard twirl used in Aussie Slang. Maybe if you put it into a sentance, we could fathom a guess from the context.

I only use it in it's literal meaning, but it could also mean to try something, eg. to have a twirl.  

WellzY
Crew

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:58 pm
After a google search this is what I came up with for that Stig guy and I still have not heard of him! burning_eyes

Stig Wemyss spent three years at the Chimera School of Acting in Western Australia with Wilson McCaskill and two years at H.B Studio in New York with Uta Hagen and Carol Rosenfeld.

He went on to play many roles in theatre productions including 'A Mid-summer Nights Dream' and Raiders of the Lost Hump'n Arc where he played the lead role of Humpy.

Stig has also played a range of roles in many television shows; most notably 'The Flying Doctors', 'Blue Heelers' and 'Stingers'.
In 1989, Stig presented his own afternoon talk-back /music program on cable radio in Tokyo.

He is a regular actor for the ABC's Fictions program working on a wide range of radio dramas, many of which have been released commercially.
In 1994 his lead role in a production of HOME RUN by Rick Jones received a gold medal at the International Radio Festival of New York.

His voice work has been further enriched by the opportunity to narrate several audio books for the Braille and Talking Book Library and more recently, Bolinda Audio Books. Stig was honored for his interpretation of Time Winton's, THAT EYE IN THE SKY, at the 1996 TDK Australian Audio Book Awards and again at the AUDIE AWARDS in 1997.

Currently Stig can be heard hosting the kids channel on the Ansett Inn-Flight program and he also works extensively as a voice-over artist for commercial radio stations and audio production studios. (Demonstrating tape available upon request).

After forming a successful comedy-review troupe in Perth called The Born Again Yuppies and a zany comedy duo, The Bothers Deadly, Stig went on to develop and perform his own brand of stand up comedy in venues all over the world including Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, New York and Tokyo.

His comedy improvisation skills were further enhanced during a twelve month stint with a New York based sports team.

Stig is the creator, producer and presenter of "Voice Of The G", an interactive and informative segment which appears on the big screens at the MCG at all major sporting events. The success of Voice Of The G has led to many other roles as a presenter/interviewer including a regular spot at Moonee Valley night racing entitled "Where's Stig?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:10 pm
Twirl means a chocolate bar xp but here is a link to a site with Aussie slang just for you. Oh and I think Paul Hogan is an alright actor. I don't really think there is anyone who doesn't not like him. And don't get me started on the crocodile hunter either scream Or that Russel Coight. mad
Aussie Slang

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:29 am
Twirl?

To me it pretty much just means the chocolate bar or to spin around.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:18 pm
WellzY
I've never heard twirl used in Aussie Slang. Maybe if you put it into a sentance, we could fathom a guess from the context.

I only use it in it's literal meaning, but it could also mean to try something, eg. to have a twirl.

Okay then, what does it mean when used in that particular context?

Also, for further details of exactly why I even brought this up, here's the conversation I was having on a friend's message boards:

Girl's post: "A glistening, golden tear is shed for our boys who played an amazing last night at Sheehans!!! Awesome choice of music!! It was great to see everyone from all over come up for them and for all of you to come out on the dance floor, I know it was a good night since I could barely move this morning!! haha anyways, thanx to ryan, joel, and all of you mckennians for all of the nifty times at the pub. I am sure we will meet (and even twirl) again soon! Cheers!!"

Now, this is a girl who means twirl as in spin around on the dance floor.

Here's the guy's response: "You know what twirl means in Australia!!!
(Just kidding!)"

That's why my curiosity was perked. He made it seem like 'twirl' in Aussie was along the same lines as 'root' (and yes, I do know what that one means! wink ). So I figured I'd ask and perhaps call his bluff on it. 4laugh  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:32 pm
BeMuled MissBeth

Okay then, what does it mean when used in that particular context?

Also, for further details of exactly why I even brought this up, here's the conversation I was having on a friend's message boards:

Girl's post: "A glistening, golden tear is shed for our boys who played an amazing last night at Sheehans!!! Awesome choice of music!! It was great to see everyone from all over come up for them and for all of you to come out on the dance floor, I know it was a good night since I could barely move this morning!! haha anyways, thanx to ryan, joel, and all of you mckennians for all of the nifty times at the pub. I am sure we will meet (and even twirl) again soon! Cheers!!"

Now, this is a girl who means twirl as in spin around on the dance floor.

Here's the guy's response: "You know what twirl means in Australia!!!
(Just kidding!)"

That's why my curiosity was perked. He made it seem like 'twirl' in Aussie was along the same lines as 'root' (and yes, I do know what that one means! wink ). So I figured I'd ask and perhaps call his bluff on it. 4laugh

well up near the NSW boarderline, twirl was used in several contexts, such as "lets give it a twirl ey?" meaning to give something a shot/go. There is the sexual connatation of twirl and you need little imagination fort that one, but for common speach from where im from its an excited way to to give something a go, (my dad used it when ever we fixed the lawn mower or with the next door neighbour drinking beer and trying something out razz )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:37 pm
As far as I know, twirl has no significant dirty meaning in the Australian language.  

EmWah
Crew

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:38 pm
to spin around upon a guys p***s? thats a twirl razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:40 am
EmWah
As far as I know, twirl has no significant dirty meaning in the Australian language.

At least, I've never heard it as a euphamism.

Sammy, you naughty boy! xd

MissBeth -- I think it must just be a local thing, to where ever that guy who replied comes from.  

WellzY
Crew

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:46 am
WellzY
EmWah

At least, I've never heard it as a euphamism.

Sammy, you naughty boy! xd

MissBeth -- I think it must just be a local thing, to where ever that guy who replied comes from.

Actually, he's Canadian. stare That's why I wanted to know. I pride myself on having a slight grasp on Aussie Slang and I had never heard of twirl as being anything naughty (until Scruffy came along! *laughs*). So I figured I'd ask just so I can tell my mate to get off the grass. wink  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games