Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targeting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/1
Layton Bannister 0/1

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 1/1

mc2
Lola Ye 0/1

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/1

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/1

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/1

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:18 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅲ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅲ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Selina raised her hand, and replied, "The Seeker's job is to find the Golden Snitch, and whomever finds the Snitch earns one hundred and fifty points for their team, and ends the game. It doesn't necessarily mean they win the game, but since a team would have to be up by a minimum of sixteen goals otherwise, usually finding the Snitch secures a win as well."

Position: Not really applicable
                                                    AC: 13
                                                    Modifiers: +3 to Spot, +3 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers
                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Mean Swing
                                                    Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:23 pm
User Image

User Image

Hufflepuff │ Reserve Seeker │ Third Year

Layton walked out onto the pitch, broom clutched in hand tightly. He spotted Selina and stood beside her, still a bit confused as to why she chose to take Advanced Flying. As far as he knew, she hadn't taken an interest in the sport, although he had seen her watching every game--mainly because he had been watching to see if she'd show up from the sidelines for the past two years. Whatever the case, he was glad that she was taking it anyway. "What Selina said," he noted, looking to her with a grin and a slight nod of approval.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon smiled at both Selina and Layton. When Selina answered he gave her a nod before saying. "Very good Selina. You are correct. 10 points to Ravenclaw." With that he moved on to the fun at hand. "Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing or watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task as Selina stated is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your efforts." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

OOC: Sorry I was busy and forget to put this up Wednesday. As such I'll give you all till next Sunday to post in this class before considered absent.
Note : Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/1
Layton Bannister 0/1

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 1/1

mc2
Lola Ye 0/1

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/1

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/1

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/1

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/1

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:28 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

'The hardest task in Quidditch is to find and catch the Snitch,' thought Selina, as she climbed onto her mount, and then allowed it to lift her gently into the air. 'Oh, well, there's worse ways to spend a class period, and I won't be dodging Bludgers like those poor blighters at the game.'

Copying what she'd observed other Seekers do, Selina got up to a respectable altitude above the pitch, and began a disciplined search for the little golden ball.

Modifiers: +3 to Spot, +3 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers

Action: Searching for the Snitch
                                                    Effect Value: 16
                                                    Results: Still looking

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:22 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Selina continued her disciplined search for the Snitch, watching for even just movement as well as the distinctive glint of metal. But there was a lot of pitch to watch, and only a class period to spend in the search. At least it was a nice, cool day outside.

Modifiers: +3 to Spot, +1 to Catch the Snitch, +3 to Hit/Deflect Bludgers

Action: Searching for the Snitch
                                                    Effect Value: 18
                                                    Results: Close, but no cigar

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in, he went straight to it a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser, and Keeper. Why put the two together, well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now, who can tell me about either position? Any takers?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this lecture today. Almost makes you wonder if he played one of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was always his happiest teaching the class during this time.

OOC: ---

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/2
Layton Bannister 1/2

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 2/2

mc2
Lola Ye 0/2

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/2

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/2

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/2

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:34 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

When Professor Price asked his question, Selina raised her hand, and she answered, "Chasers are the players whom move the Quaffle about the pitch. They are also tasked with shooting the Quaffle through the hoops defended by the Keeper. Should they succeed in scoring a goal the team is awarded ten points. The Keeper's job is to defend the goals and stop the Chasers from scoring against them."

Action:
                                                    Effect Value:
                                                    Results:

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon smiled as Selina answered his question. She was rather smart, which explained why she was in Ravenclaw. However, that was stereotypical of him. There was much more to her then just that. "You are absolutely right Selina, 10 points to Ravenclaw." he said as he assessed that she was the only one currently in class. Well Landon would just have to switch things up from his norm.

“Now, usually this class I'd divide the class into Chasers and Keepers, but since you're the only one here that won't be happening. So I'll have you try your luck shooting hoops against me.” Landon explained before adding. "Don't worry I'll go easy and if someone else shows up will deal with it then. For now try out Chaser and we’ll switch half way through the class." He’d deal with anyone who came in late if anyone did so.

Tossing Selina the quaffle, Landon got on a broom of his own and got in front of the hoops. Waiting for her to try her luck at scoring against him. He didn't plan on going hard on her but hey if she scored he'd be impressed.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch get a higher dice roll to score.
Note: Unless someone posts before Monday we will continue on with the with the next part of the lesson.

Postion: Keeper
Total Roll: ---
AC: 16
Modifiers: +8 shoot, +8 steal, +6 Other (Flying + Exp)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Dang Healthy
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/2
Layton Bannister 1/2

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 2/2

mc2
Lola Ye 0/2

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/2

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/2

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/2

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:08 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

It was weird being the only student present for the class, and it made Selina wonder what was going on here. Still she had the chance to have a little fun playing a game she wouldn't usually play. Sports weren't her usual cup of tea, and it was customary for her to picked last for sides at games at her old school.

Taking up the Quaffle, Selina mounted her broom, and started her run toward the goals Professor Price was defending.

Action: Carrying Quaffle toward goals
                                                    Effect Value:
                                                    Results: 1/3

OOC: I'm assuming usual rules are in play, requiring three posts before taking my shot, in order to give other players (should they actually post) the chance to get into the game.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:59 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Selina tucked the Quaffle her left arm, securing the ball as she'd seen other players do in the school matches she'd observed, and charged toward the goals defended by her teacher. As she made her approach, she started working on a tactic to try and score.

Action: Carrying Quaffle toward goals
                                                    Effect Value:
                                                    Results: 2/3

OOC: I'm assuming usual rules are in play, requiring three posts before taking my shot, in order to give other players (should they actually post) the chance to get into the game.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:33 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

As Selina sped across the pitch, she prepared to take her shot at the hoops. She aimed herself toward the hoop at one side, and as she lined up her shot, she made a quick turn, to shoot the Quaffle at the hoop at the other side, hoping she managed to draw her teacher toward one side. At the last instant, she took her shot before making her escape turn to avoid crossing into the Keeper's zone.

Action: Carrying Quaffle toward goals, and taking a shot
                                                    Effect Value: 23
                                                    Results: 3/3, possible goal

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:43 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon watched as Selina came towards him and the goal. When she got close he tried to get a read on what his student would do. He had faith that she'd give him a challenge regardless of skill. It wasn't every day he got to defend the goal posts from his students. When she got to throwing Landon went to try to predict her movement and catch the quaffle...

Note: Unless someone posts before Monday we will continue on with the with the next part of the lesson.
@ Grayson : You can skip the three posts this time if you want to take another shot at it. I'll be updating the class tomorrow so it's up to you.

Total Roll: 7 Epic Fail sweatdrop

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/2
Layton Bannister 1/2

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 2/2

mc2
Lola Ye 0/2

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/2

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/2

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/2

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:47 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon was definitely rusty... Completely missing the quaffle he swooped down to catch it as it descended to the ground. "Nice toss, Selina." he said tossing the ball back to her. She deserved the ten points for that. Smiling he waited for her to give it another try. After that they'd switch it up and have her try blocking. She was doing quite well for someone who didn't have an interest in playing.

@ Grayson : You can skip the three posts this time if you want to take another shot at it. I'll be updating the class tomorrow so it's up to you.

Total Roll: 7 Epic Fail sweatdrop

Deviled Dregs
Devonte Bannister 0/2
Layton Bannister 1/2

Graydon Ironshield
Selina Grey 2/2

mc2
Lola Ye 0/2

amo10690
Adaline Davenport 0/2

Diamond Wales
Joel Powell 0/2

Maiya Kajuji
Harper Warren 1/2

shabatha
Sata Snow 0/2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Text

Selina was quite surprised to catch her teacher unprepared for her shot, but then they also weren't playing volleyball, and she wasn't shooting the ball into the net instead of over it. Thankfully. Still, even she knew a lucky shot when she saw one. She collected the Quaffle from him and started swooping around the pitch on her broomstick to build up speed before taking another shot at the hoops.

When she was ready, Selina started her approach, jinking her broom from side to side, hoping to fake out her teacher again. At the last second she fired the Quaffle at the goals.

Action:Taking a shot
                                                    Effect Value: 3
                                                    Results: Airball!

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff