Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm
Haru Yates
I came across something interesting. (Really gross, but interesting.) Haruspices as a dark (dark affinity) form of divination. It's probably too grotesque or disturbing to say that people may or may not practice this in the RP world, but I wanted to mention it. (they used sheep and chicken for this kind of divination, by the way.)

I mean gives me the idea for a spell to tell how a person was killed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:23 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
I came across something interesting. (Really gross, but interesting.) Haruspices as a dark (dark affinity) form of divination. It's probably too grotesque or disturbing to say that people may or may not practice this in the RP world, but I wanted to mention it. (they used sheep and chicken for this kind of divination, by the way.)

I mean gives me the idea for a spell to tell how a person was killed

You mean aside from an autopsy? (That was a joke. One might tell by looking, no?)

There is a power which would allow you to call on the spirit of the one who was killed to ask them how they died. Not sure if this would be better as a ritual or not. Usually, this would be like a ritual to temporarily call the soul back to the body to speak. Effects would only last a few minutes (if that), and a soul can only be called back in this way once. This spell is considered necromancy. The person being contacted should be recently departed, and it must be physically capable of speech. (The victim is essentially brought back to life for a couple of minutes, so if they died viciously and traumatically, then this may not be recommended, as the soul of the victim may behave in a panic or fearfully, especially if the wounds on the body are not treated first.) If this spell/ritual goes wrong, it may result in a shorter duration or effect, or it may result in calling forth the wrong spirit into the corpse (precautions must be made to avoid this).

Another idea is the ability to channel a spirit as a psychic medium would. This would be less traumatic for the soul if they died viciously or traumatically. There is a risk of false information (be them from a fraudulent channeler, or a misleading entity), as well as mild to severe temporary possession. This ability would involve going into a trance-like state (semi-conscious state) and allowing the soul of the departed to enter them to speak. This may be treated as a ritual, or as a psychic (arcane) or light/holy power.
(As a holy power, the channeler is aware while channeling and is able to expel a spirit at will (pending on their strength of will) to end a session.)

I'll no more research and see if there are any cooler sounding ways to speak with dead. (Personally, I like the first one because it adds a bit of suspense when you don't know what the dead will say!)

Edit: ... It just occurred to me that you may not have been asking me to provide more ideas to find out how a person was killed. :/ Meh.
Might be a good idea to use some punctuation there, Xa44. lol, it might make your stories easier to read.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:16 pm
Haru Yates

I don't need ideas, trust me.
Chaos invokes the end
Madness consumes all
What has my world turned to  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:03 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

I don't need ideas, trust me.
Chaos invokes the end
Madness consumes all
What has my world turned to

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
— Richard Bach

You just need a new outlook. Even the tarot's death card doesn't usually mean death, but rather a new beginning.

A little motivation might help too! Find a passion and pursue it! You could be a writer of fantasy and fiction (you may need to brush up on your grammer and punctuation for it), or you might become an artist some day (loved your picture of Ryuk). Or maybe you'll be like my friend and start up your own LARP or something.
Have you ever gone LARPing before? It's like live-action Dungeons and Dragons or something. My friend tried it out and developed a passion for it. He owns his own larp business now (called Alura Larp.) He keeps asking me to try it, but I hate camping, lol.

Anyways, what would you like me to help out with?
So far, common knowledge includes the fact that there is a god for each element, two gods for the moon (which are often worshiped as one god), one god for the sun, and one god for the changing seasons. Is that all of them?

We also don't have names for any of these gods yet. (Anything in mind yet? Or would you like me to search for suggestions? [and how "majestic" or ancient would you like them to sound?]

Next question is about the towns again.
So far we know that the darkness town is the black area surrounded by the purple on the map (North-east).
The water town is the blue area where the river meets the northern coast.
The light town is the white area in the east.
The darkest brown area (west) is the earth town (is it hidden?).
I'm assuming that the blue cross in the light blue section (south-west) is the frost/ice town.
The wood/nature town is in the north area of the forest.
The purple within the forest is the arcane town.
Light green=grass/plains
Dark green=forest
Brown=canyon-like terrain
Grey=mountains
Tan=sand (beaches/desserts)
Blue=rivers
Dark blue=ocean
Xa44
Really light blue is ice/snow(like where you live(sorry))
Hey! I just realized you wrote that! And it only really snows here from November to march or something. (I can't call blasphemy because it did snow today. crying ) lol

Is the red bit at the bottom a wind town?

The orange dots are villages, but I know nothing about any of them yet.

We know that Water and Light towns waged war over the fertile land near the dark town, so that land is now ruined by said war, causing the dark town to experience an ongoing food shortage.
The arcane town is indifferent to the dark mages (unlike most other towns and people), so they more than likely do business (trading and stuff).
Most of the people in the darkness town are dark mages and outcasts. Most other people avoid it.
The purple area around the dark town is an area where life energy is pushed to the outskirts of it. Most people within the dark town have either grown immune to this effect, or they have methods of protecting themselves against it.
The king of the Light town is a pompous man that is well liked and loved by his own people (for some reason), but acts superior to other elements (especially dark mages).

Did I miss anything so far?

And do you have any names in mind for these towns and villages? Or would you like suggestions?

Also, is there a lightning town in the mountains?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:13 pm
Haru Yates
is there a lightning town in the mountains?

Yes the lightning and wind towns are next to each other and have a very strong relationship, and the red is fire town  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
is there a lightning town in the mountains?

Yes the lightning and wind towns are next to each other and have a very strong relationship, and the red is fire town

Perfect! I take it that the sandy area around the fire town is desert wasteland?
And that is generally considered common knowledge, correct? (Terran would know this?)

What about wildlife? Are most of the animals creatures that exist irl? Are there dragons and unicorns?

Haru Yates
And do you have any names in mind for these towns and villages? Or would you like suggestions?

Edit: I'll probably be offline for the rest of tonight.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:14 pm
Haru Yates
Perfect! I take it that the sandy area around the fire town is desert wasteland?
And that is generally considered common knowledge, correct? (Terran would know this?)

If you think terran would care about that outside world and or things outside of the main continent then yes, if not he probably knows that there is a town that specializes in every element

Haru Yates
What about wildlife? Are most of the animals creatures that exist irl? Are there dragons and unicorns?

There are 100% dragons... or in real words, yes there are dragons ect.

Haru Yates

If you have a good idea shoot, if not don't bother putting time into this  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:44 am
Xa44
Haru Yates

If you think Terran would care about that outside world and or things outside of the main continent then yes, if not he probably knows that there is a town that specializes in every element

In that case, I'll go with Terran having some general knowledge of the the arcane town (based on talk from other mages that have had to visit there for supplies); minimal knowledge of the water town (mainly that it exists as well as the role it played in the war) and the light town (mainly rumors about it's King and his reputation, as well as it's role in the war over land); and general knowledge of the areas/terrain in between. He hasn't traveled far beyond his home town, so he hasn't actually seen any of these towns in person, but he has heard about them due to the war and through the stories told by others who have traveled to and from. (Ah, politics. The knowledge stems from the issues presented due to the war and the food shortages and such.) He knows that the land outside the continent exists and that there are settlements there, but he doesn't know much more than that... (He's no doubt seen one of his own continent somewhere so he has basic knowledge of that, but are there maps in circulation of the entire world? If not then it's a mystery to him. ...Even if there are world maps, he's never studied one enough to remember it.)

Another thought: Might there be fog around the dark town on occasion?

Xa44
Haru Yates

There are 100% dragons... or in real words, yes there are dragons etc.

Awesome. Dragons FTW. So... what about squirrels and rabbits? And other normal plants and wildlife? Same as irl? (And what other mythical creatures, if any, are common knowledge?
And what are the races of this world? (Like dwarves/dwarfs, for example.)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Don't bother? But I'm totally enjoying this! lol

I'll get thinking. At present, I was thinking about names that are related to the element that the town is known for.

e.g. For Terran's home town, I was going to suggest something like Derkaz (proto-german supposedly meaning "without light" ), or Deorc, (old english for dark" ). (Personally, I think Deorc has a nicer ring to it for a town.) Raventhrop may work too.

For the water town, I was going to say something like Wasser (German meaning "water" ), Vain (Old Norse), or Wato (Gothic) but I think that Voda, the Russian word for water, may be more appealing. I also think that Adamsdale would work well as a sort of pun of "Adams ale", which is also water. Actually, "Watergate" works as well (as it is at the end of the river where the water flows to or from the ocean).

Lampo is Italian for lightning, but Thunor is cooler (as well as being the Anglo-Saxon name for Thor).

Norwinter or Hailstead make for interesting names for a very cold and icy town. Kaltwick or kaltworth (kalt [from german] meaning cold + the suffix -wick, [anglo-sax] meaning "a dwelling or fortified place" [or "worth" meaning "enclosure" ) would also be cool.

Luxburg may work for the light town ("lux" means "light" and "-burg" meaning a fort or fortified settlement). Although Luxdale sounds better... (A "dale" is a valley.) Or perhaps this town would be better off being named after it's King?

For the wind/air town, there's always Windchester, lol. Stratiby (after stratus clouds), Aeroton, Galesville... (I'm still working on it...)

Also, does the RP world also have a god of death?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:22 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

If you think Terran would care about that outside world and or things outside of the main continent then yes, if not he probably knows that there is a town that specializes in every element

In that case, I'll go with Terran having some general knowledge of the the arcane town (based on talk from other mages that have had to visit there for supplies); minimal knowledge of the water town (mainly that it exists as well as the role it played in the war) and the light town (mainly rumors about it's King and his reputation, as well as it's role in the war over land); and general knowledge of the areas/terrain in between. He hasn't traveled far beyond his home town, so he hasn't actually seen any of these towns in person, but he has heard about them due to the war and through the stories told by others who have traveled to and from. (Ah, politics. The knowledge stems from the issues presented due to the war and the food shortages and such.) He knows that the land outside the continent exists and that there are settlements there, but he doesn't know much more than that... (He's no doubt seen one of his own continent somewhere so he has basic knowledge of that, but are there maps in circulation of the entire world? If not then it's a mystery to him. ...Even if there are world maps, he's never studied one enough to remember it.)

Another thought: Might there be fog around the dark town on occasion?

Xa44
Haru Yates

There are 100% dragons... or in real words, yes there are dragons etc.

Awesome. Dragons FTW. So... what about squirrels and rabbits? And other normal plants and wildlife? Same as irl? (And what other mythical creatures, if any, are common knowledge?

Xa44
Haru Yates

Don't bother? But I'm totally enjoying this! lol

I'll get thinking. At present, I was thinking about names that are related to the element that the town is known for.

e.g. For Terran's home town, I was going to suggest something like Derkaz (proto-german supposedly meaning "without light" ), or Deorc, (old english for dark" ). (Personally, I think Deorc has a nicer ring to it for a town.) Raventhrop may work too.

For the water town, I was going to say something like Wasser (German meaning "water" ), Vain (Old Norse), or Wato (Gothic) but I think that Voda, the Russian word for water, may be more appealing. I also think that Adamsdale would work well as a sort of pun of "Adams ale", which is also water. Actually, "Watergate" works as well (as it is at the end of the river where the water flows to or from the ocean).

Lampo is Italian for lightning, but Thunor is cooler (as well as being the Anglo-Saxon name for Thor).

Norwinter or Hailstead make for interesting names for a very cold and icy town. Kaltwick or kaltworth (kalt [from german] meaning cold + the suffix -wick, [anglo-sax] meaning "a dwelling or fortified place" [or "worth" meaning "enclosure" ) would also be cool.

Luxburg may work for the light town ("lux" means "light" and "-burg" meaning a fort or fortified settlement). Although Luxdale sounds better... (A "dale" is a valley.) Or perhaps this town would be better off being named after it's King?

For the wind/air town, there's always Windchester, lol. Stratiby (after stratus clouds), Aeroton, Galesville... (I'm still working on it...)

Also, does the RP world also have a god of death?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:29 pm
Xa44

??? o.O  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:07 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44

??? o.O

Oh great gaia messed with my reply gr8  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:21 pm
Haru Yates

There probably is a map of the full world but the dark town does not have access to it because of isolation

Haru Yates

Depends on what the players want if someone wants to play as an elf then sure there is elfs. And yes other himan world animals exist
Haru Yates

Cool yeah this gave me some ideas that we could use the names to parallel then to real world places by the names

Haru Yates
Also, does the RP world also have a god of -----?

Yes always yes  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm
Haru Yates

Quick update I have the first encounter fully planned out things are going well. I have a good layout for how to put everything together its great  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Xa44
Oh great gaia messed with my reply gr8

lol. Did it sign you out? (Been a while since that happened to me!)

Xa44
Haru Yates

Cool yeah this gave me some ideas that we could use the names to parallel then to real world places by the names

I'm glad you like them! Are you going to use any for the RP? Which ones?

Also, this may help you out for creating town name (it's my secret weapon!):
http://www.saywhydoi.com/meaning-of-place-names-why-do-we-call-places-by-certain-names/
(It's what I found to help me with making words into town names. The other thing I used was a dictionary. :p ) You can also name towns after people. (The Light town may be a good candidate for being named after it's ruler or founder.)

Xa44
Haru Yates
Also, does the RP world also have a god of -----?

Yes always yes

Awesome! Does s/he have a name? (Is it the god of pure darkness?)

On a fun side-note, I'm a Slytherin, apparently. Who knew?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:30 pm
Haru Yates

lol. Did it sign you out? (Been a while since that happened to me!)

Nope just didn't work

Haru Yates
I'm glad you like them! Are you going to use any for the RP? Which ones?
Also, this may help you out for creating town name (it's my secret weapon!):
http://www.saywhydoi.com/meaning-of-place-names-why-do-we-call-places-by-certain-names/
(It's what I found to help me with making words into town names. The other thing I used was a dictionary. :p ) You can also name towns after people. (The Light town may be a good candidate for being named after it's ruler or founder.)

No because there are many kings befor the current one and the last king(current one started the war) was actually a great dude
As for what names idk I have the basis for the names now but designing encounter is my top priority because I plan to have 100s of encounters and stuff a 1000 spells 250+ magical items lore for all the towns(like big historical figures gods government system ect) and probably more names are very low on the todo list

Haru Yates
Awesome! Does s/he have a name? (Is it the god of pure darkness?)

He has no name and for god of death they are more of a neutral god but they do know dark magic and you know, racism  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games