Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:45 pm
Keeping the clothes black....also the whole washing make up off thing...i wish it would just stay on..or dissolve one the day was over >_<""  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:43 pm
Well lots of those thing you mentioned arent really goth.. Anyways, I don't really have a problem with anything. If there was a huge list of things that pissed me off about being this way, why would I be it? The only thing I hated before was having people shout rude stuff at you but i'm over that now. 3nodding  

Her Cyanide--

Resurrekt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:52 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
6. The damn stereotypes
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

i agree with these 5 things

plus wiggers that point and laugh at us when thier pants are so low it looks like they soiled themselves a few times  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:21 pm
The most annoying thing to me is the stares and the whispering I've had people walk past me and turn around and stare at me like i'm some sort of attraction at the zoo. They don't realize how degrading it is. Next is the names I've been called, like one time I was at the state fair with two of my friends and we were just sitting there smoking and talking and this group of jocks walked by then we hear it. "Fags!" I know it's no use getting worked up about it but I'd had a rough day and that was the last staw for me. So I managed to find a rock the size of a base ball and lobbed it at a head. I ended up with a broken nose that night but they got far worse. What I'm saying I guess is i'm not going to sit back and let people degrade me for being the person i am. Just because I wear eyeliner and have a different style does not mean that I am a f**....though I am bisexual.

Lady Nasia Estelle

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:23 pm
Honestly, trying to convince people that just because I don't wear tons of black and wear make up that I listen to Goth-rock and things of the like. confused

It's actually really obnoxious.

What, I have to wear tripp pants with fishnets and have racoon eyes to be a Siouxsie fan?

Screw that.

I'll wear my Hollister all I want.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:26 pm
[ Brain Damage ]
Honestly, trying to convince people that just because I don't wear tons of black and wear make up that I listen to Goth-rock and things of the like. confused

It's actually really obnoxious.

What, I have to wear tripp pants with fishnets and have racoon eyes to be a Siouxsie fan?

Screw that.

I'll wear my Hollister all I want.

Excellent attitude you have there 3nodding  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

[TL]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:34 pm
I get sick and tired of people trying to make me a prep, like my dad. He's very traditional, doesn't like anything different.

Maybe that's why my mom and dad divorced. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:47 pm
1. Everyone thinking you worship satan.
I've never had that problem really.

2. The price of Tripp clothing...
Well Tripp isn't a goth must have. Its more of a personal choice. I personally love thrift stores and making my own clothing. But I will admit I love corsets and those can be quite pricey.

Once you learn where to shop, how to be crafty, make your own things, you'll see that its really not all that bad.

Not hard at all. Just use woolite dark, cold water, gentle cycle ^_^

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
Can't say I wear 11 armbands. That is once again a personal choice, I prefer gloves and one bondage bracelet and my watch

6. The damn stereotypes
There is no escaping them. They are always going to happen no matter what you look like or act like so just get use to it and embrace them. Its like a label, its going to happen so love it and make it your own.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
Ha can't say that I have to deal with that anymore. But honestly there are more important things to worry about out there. People are going to make you change the way you look all the time. You'll have to do it for some jobs and things like that so try not to sweat it.

8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
Don't wear chains but I wear corsets and those take a bit to lace up.

9. People stepping on your pants
Don't wear pants. And if that is a problem then either tie up the ends of the pants.

Just don't act depressed. None of my friends or myself included have ever been called depressed. I don't know a single goth who is really. Don't be afraid to smile and laugh. That will get people to notice that you're not depressed.  

Lady Detarra

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:01 am
It's hard to find the right clothes when you don't have all day to shop.

I usually have to settle for a random black shirt and accessorise later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:24 pm
MortSanglant
I'm going to post my response to the original list and give reasons as to why these dont' apply to me.

Well they might think I worship Satan; dunno about satin. Though satin sheets would be nice. xd

I find Tripp clothing be cheap, as in it's priced too high for poor quality. If I decide to buy it, I find it at second hand places or whatnot.

You don't have to buy from gothic labels to get good "gothic" clothing. Most of the stuff I wear isn't from any label at all. You just need to know how to shop.

don't have a problem here since I know how to do laundry.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
I don't wear armbands, and they aren't necessarily a "goth" thing. rolleyes

6. The damn stereotypes
I'm sick of people bitching over stereotypes. If you have a problem with people labeling you - which is inevitable - either grow some balls and get over it, or change.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
Nope my parents like my style ^_^

I don't wear chains. Again, not necessarily a goth thing.

don't have that problem either. People don't really come in close proximity to me.

not a problem either. I'm not a sad person.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  

absinthemourning

Wicc123

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:51 am
Alright so I'm going to give you tips on what to do as best as I can... Some of these don't really apply to me, so can't help ya there.

Not really, I've never been asked about that... If you wear Pentagrams some Christians think you may be Satanist, all you have to do is take the time to explain to them what it really is and what you worship.

Clearance racks are always a lovely thing to buy cheep clothing. Personally I don't like Tripp very much (They fall apart too easily), and If I do wear it there's my own add ons to it. There are other Alternative gothic clothing brands also.

Shop at Salvation Army,Walmart/Target/Etc.., and Thrift stores. Add your own material.. You don't need a sewing machine to add things to clothing, just do it by hand. xP It doesn't need to be a gothic name brand to be gothic clothing. Plus as I said before clearance racks are always a great thing to check out.

There's detergents out there made for keeping your clothes black.

I think armbands are disgusting... One simple bracelet is all you need if you want to wear Jewelry. Remember less is always more. xP

6. The damn stereotypes
Who cares what people think; apparently you're dressing to be different so get over it.

Haha my parents love my clothes/style, infact my mom sometimes wears/ borrows them. xP

I don't really wear chains; I think they're not particularly needed to be Goth. If you don't like the time it takes to take them off just wear one or two chains... It makes life easier and it still looks decent.

Don't wear such big pants... There are chick/ fitting pants out there you know? All you have to do is look. Plus Skirts/ Dress's are always a lovely thing to wear.

10. The anti- depressant every wants to give us.
Not me, everyone loves my cute creepy cuddly quietness. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:32 pm
I'd have to say my biggest issue would be fishnets, i wear alot of fishnet shirts damn those things rip easily, but they are just so sexy. that and finding black nail polish and lipstick that actualy last.  

Gaylord Mule 3

xXx Bisque xXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:41 pm
Being called Emo!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:04 pm
pains in the a** about goth fashion

1. the stuff i really like i can't afford(i'm going to start making my own shirts and dying pants)
2. i can't seem to keep my pants black. since black pants are out of style here they're hard to find. my bondage pants ripped and i've yet to safety pin/repair them, so i have 3 pairs of pants right now that i'm willing ot wear or that fit, and 2 of them are about a half year old and getting worn out...seriously, they're more like dark grey now and there's holes all over them(one has the knee ripped out so i gotta repair it, and the other just has little holes everywhere)
3. most people seem to equate the fact that i'm pagan and wear a shirt with a pentacle on it with being goth. the two are pretty separate.
4. my favorite leather armband has 2 metal buckles on it, and they've worn through the inner lining of my leather coat(so now theres this patch where i can see the foam if i look inside the sleeve)...note to all...if you're wearing metal on the arms, put on a long sleeved shirt of decent thickness before you put on a coat.  

DR490N

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:51 pm
It's a pain in the a** trying to find good clothes! I can find some good stuff in Hot Topic as well as random mainstream clothing stores, but most of the stores near me sell "trendy" clothes, and I have to look really hard to find clothes I like. I can't shop online because I'm always afraid something won't fit and I know I'm too lazy to send stuff back if it doesn't fit. I might be going to college in the city next year, in which case it will be easier to find good clothes, but until then shopping is really hard!

I also hate it when people say I'm just trying to be different, or I'm just trying to get attention. What, is it so hard to believe that this might actually be who I am? I also wish people would stop thinking I'm just goth to get certain people (like my friends and my boyfriend) to like me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games