Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Any actual vampires out there? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 am
Cajun Chicken Caesar
You know, like you have to absorb energy in order to sustain yourself? I'm one of those people. Any others?

Everyone absorbs energy and gives some back. Normally you`re in a constant fluid if all chakras are open and flooded.

But I know some people who actually do suck life energy, they take from you to sustain themselves as you say, probably because they have not discovered yet the connection with everything to vastnes of the realms.

I`m not one of them, but when I feel this tickeling, draining sensation around my aura I willingly share with the vampire and drain from the font for both of us.

Just my 5 cents.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:24 pm
I would have to argue the lack of connection. I can connect with everything, i regularly astral project, yadda yadda yadda, but really it's more like the energy simply is not held contained like it's supposed to be. I mentioned before the shitstorm of "DURR HURR YOU MUST BE A LARPER" that I have a raised surface temperature but a normal internal body temperature. Not overly raised, mind you, but raised enough to be noticable. My ex used to find it difficult to cuddle with me because of it.  

Draco Vampir

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:18 pm
Well, to be fair, the only reason for the "DURR HURR YOU MUST BE A LARPER" shitstorm was a very good and completely accurate one.
That reason being that you're not a ******** vampire.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 am
Not in the sense that most people think vampires are.
And I've already mentioned that I think the term of "vampirism" is somewhat innaccurate for what is is that we do...the issues and the perks both are SIMILAR to the crap from stoker onward, but also very separate. Fact of the matter however is that we call ourselves that because it's the closest reference for what it is we do.
The folks over at the Atlanta Vampire Alliance are doing their best right now to conduct surveys like the AVAEWRS(atlanta vampire alliance energy worker survey) and collect information and build statistics to try and give a more concrete definition, but I don't think that they will ever have any success with acceptance within society because of what we call "lifestylers", those jackasses who wear fake fangs and contact lenses and dress in victorian clothing, speaking in prose like the pretentious cunts they are. We need to phase that s**t out of the community or nobody will ever take us seriously. And believe you me, it's some pretty serious s**t. It's not sunshine and ******** pixie dust like you seem to think I'm saying it is. It ******** sucks. light sensitivity has caused problems for me, sun sensitivity prevents me from getting proper excercise and the vitamins I need from the sun, I'm always low on energy, I'm usually bloody miserable as a result of low energy, and I have to watch what I eat and who I'm around in order to maximize the energy my body produces as well as make the best usage I can of the energy around me and in those I'm around.  

Draco Vampir

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:23 am
Wait, I'm extremely sensitive to the sun.
Does that make me a vampire?
rofl

I'm also allergic to silver.
Does that make me a werewolf?
rofl rofl rofl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 pm
Perhaps you should read a little more.
Most people are sensitive to the sun. Most vamps are ESPECIALLY sensitive to the sun. I for one get sunburns within about 5 to 10 minutes of direct exposure to sun in 22 degree weather(celsius, that is), as soon as immediate sun rashes or sun burns from anything above 30 degrees.
This is somewhat abnormal, yes, but it's not what makes me a vamp. What makes me a vamp is quite simply that i need to take in the energy of another source in order to supplement my own. Commonly it's people's energy, but I also feed from elemental energies, strong unsheilded electromagnetic fields, spirits, astrals, and nature(which more or less relates to elemental energy, but not entirely). there are plenty of vamps out there who are neither sun nor light sensitive. None of us are sure what causes it, some even think it might be psychosomatic. I theorize that it may be caused by the body's slightly weaker energy field due to energy loss in my case, possibly also due to an already raised surface temperature.  

Draco Vampir

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm
rolleyes

1) Sensitivity to the sun is no big issue. If you have skin that's on the paler side, the sun's going to bother it more than darker skin tones. Certain regions of the world just have people with lighter skin, and if you stuck all those people in Equatorial Africa, the light would bother them a lot more than it would an Aborigine who was stuck there.

2) "Feeding on energy to supplement your own" is pretty much catabolism. You eat "food" from which you can gain energy, then your body goes through the necessary processes and turns that "food" into energy. Big freaking whoop. It happens all the time to everybody. You wouldn't be alive if you didn't do it.

3) You cannot "feed" on electromagnetic energy, electric energy, "elemental" energy or other and survive. It just ain't gonna happen. You may feel a high energy shock if someone decharges something carrying a lot of electrical force on you, but the most that will do is start/stop your heart. Standing next to something generating an electromagnetic field is not going to keep you alive, your body needs energy in another form to keep itself alive.

---

Whatever you're talking about seems purely psychological. Performing on stage in front of a mass of people teeming with energy can make you feel charged, beholding the splendor of nature can feel exhilarating, and you can trick your mind into feeling more "awake".  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 am
While I would strongly agree (and do) with Wraithlords asessment about the psychological aspect of vampirism in general, there have been studies that link the human body with it's need for a photonic lightsource and the correlation of what we wear on our bodies for health.

all intelli-speak aside, researchers have found that wearing 100% linen clothing has long reaching health benifits over cotton clothing, and mimics a lot of the synergistic effects that are described by self proclaimed "lifeforce vampires".

Linen offers 100% UV protection while allowing the fibers of the plant to transmit certain wavelengths of sunlight that the body needs directly to the skin. It has high hydroscopic properties that can keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter, and absorbs 10 times it's weight in water before feeling "wet".

So, to finalize this brief missive.....

wear linen if you want to feel like a vampire, and be prepared to prove your claims in a scientific and logical manner for the rest of your life (or at least to your mental therapist).  

Keevan Draco

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 pm
I just want to make a note to people: WE ALL HAVE TO GET ENERGY SOMEWHERE. Energy is not necessarly matter or a physical substance in itself, but it resides in substances. We all have auras, and when a person dies, due to the soul/energy, they automatically weigh about 15 ounces less. Now, some people's electric field takes from those around it. Eveyone's does, actually. Running water generates positive energy, on of the reasons why studies show people who live by running (not still) water or have even a filter aquarium around them post the time are in better moods and actually feel better than people who are not: energy.
Because you take in more energy does not make you a vampire (and of course, everyone needs energy... and if energy from other people is "needed", I suggest you must be a social butterfly out of pure instinct)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:26 pm
I love this thread.  

Xahmen

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:11 pm
Actually, every single thing anyone does with anyone else involves an energy exchange to a limited degree. Anyone familiar with energy work can tell in many cases when this energy is being exchanged and further there are some scientific tests that can register it in some way shape or form. Thing is, with Psychic Vampirism, it's more take than give. It's essentially energy parasitism without a 'host' in the sense of a singular given organism to be constantly leeched from.
This stuff IS slowly on it's way to being scientifically provable to a certain degree, but a great deal of it does have to be taken on faith. Most of us constantly reevaluate ourselves and our beliefs, and I'll personally say that I do not like taking things on faith. I question it all the time, but I always arrive back at the start, the simple thing that I have taken energy from people who have known it, have spoken to me about it, and even requested that I stop. Whether or not I actually need this energy to supplement my own does remain to be properly proven, but the fact of the matter is that I'm almost dead certain that I do need it.
Again, don't think this is some silly roleplaying thing to make me feel self important. I'm essentially a parasite which I find a slightly repulsive thing, but it's still something that's part of me whether I want it or not. I'm not gonna play that up either with any of that self depressive woe is me crap. Life is life and you deal with what you're stuck with. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it works to my advantage, but really it's just a thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm
Draco Vampir
Actually, every single thing anyone does with anyone else involves an energy exchange to a limited degree. Anyone familiar with energy work can tell in many cases when this energy is being exchanged and further there are some scientific tests that can register it in some way shape or form. Thing is, with Psychic Vampirism, it's more take than give. It's essentially energy parasitism without a 'host' in the sense of a singular given organism to be constantly leeched from.
This stuff IS slowly on it's way to being scientifically provable to a certain degree, but a great deal of it does have to be taken on faith. Most of us constantly reevaluate ourselves and our beliefs, and I'll personally say that I do not like taking things on faith. I question it all the time, but I always arrive back at the start, the simple thing that I have taken energy from people who have known it, have spoken to me about it, and even requested that I stop. Whether or not I actually need this energy to supplement my own does remain to be properly proven, but the fact of the matter is that I'm almost dead certain that I do need it.
Again, don't think this is some silly roleplaying thing to make me feel self important. I'm essentially a parasite which I find a slightly repulsive thing, but it's still something that's part of me whether I want it or not. I'm not gonna play that up either with any of that self depressive woe is me crap. Life is life and you deal with what you're stuck with. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it works to my advantage, but really it's just a thing.

As you can see here, boys and girls, The LARP has gotten out of hand. In this instance, the LARPer believes he is a vampire. Perhaps a cry for attention, or a hope to rise above the rest, we will never know.
We believe the Virginia Tech Shooting was also linked to LARPers who simply got out of hand...
..Remember, You don't know just what awaits, when things get out of hand...
In the twilight zone  

SADERR

Milo-Bveyele

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:33 pm
You know what I don't understand, why do people have to be total douches because they don't believe in something?
If you believe in vampires good for you,
If you don't good for you, don't bother the believers about what they DO believe or at least don't be such asses about it.
I'm sure most of you wouldn't act this way if the other person was standing right in front of you.
So just bugger off, I'm sure you have better things to do with your time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm
Milo-Bveyele
You know what I don't understand, why do people have to be total douches because they don't believe in something?
If you don't good for you, don't bother the believers about what they DO believe or at least don't be such asses about it.
I'm sure most of you wouldn't act this way if the other person was standing right in front of you.

at 12:48 at night, waiting for a result from the police because I was just assaulted by a 50 year old man? nah, not really. Much easier to creativly output angst into the computer to pass my time.
And I have an open mind, yeah, but this is something I know to be innacurate, as i know it would be taken control if it did exist. I just don't have an open mind to lies. S'all it is, you see it quite frequently on the internet.  

SADERR

Metranil Vavin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am
Milo-Bveyele

Stop your damn whining. Believing in vampires is no less ridiculous than believing in Santa Claus. Only difference is, most people don't believe they ARE Santa Claus. rolleyes  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff