Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Myzaree_Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:17 am
Meh..I just don't care what ppl think or how I look. I like to simply wear what I like that expresses how I either feel, my likes, and what for ******** sake..Something comfy LOL. Not that weird stuff that sufficates the life out of you eek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:26 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

I dress goth to express my individuality  

Devils_lilboy

Mopy McMope

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:12 pm
I hate when people say that, but then again I'd probably hate it if people said the same thing to anything I chose to wear.
My response is usually "If I was dressing for attention my boobs would be hanging out of my shirt and you would be able to see my thong over my pants like so many other people out there."
I love the way I look and chose to dress, and that's all that's important.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:31 pm
Devils_lilboy
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

I dress goth to express my individuality

dressing goth express individualtity is kind of an oxymoron. i mean, lots of other people dress goth, too. develop your own style. thats how you get out of it.  

Toasterladd

XxParalyzing_silencexX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 pm
Oh god Yes my family says it to me all the time!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:56 pm
I dress only for me smile  

babalonsatene

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:13 pm
i dress goth because this is how i express my self  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm
I dress this way because i'm proud to, not for attention.People should have a way of dresing however they want >.<  

WhoopThereItIsnt

Annie Havok-Morphine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 pm
Well, I like attention, and the ones saying that are just giving it to me 3nodding

Seriously, though, I like to look different. I love the goth style, but I don't want to be a clone, either. I'm the type to wear a corset one day, a bright pink, frilly skirt the next, and the corset and skirt together the day after.(not literally, but you get what I mean)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:50 am
because i luff them! 4laugh
and i feel comfortable in it and luffly as well! xd
so what if its attention that we get on behalf of the way we dress?
does it bug them? and soooo what?
i mean the hell we care bout teh way they dress, so why should they give a shlt on our line of clothing?
because its beyond the norms? oh cmon..
all they gotta do is simply fck off *nod nod* domokun lol  

bloodyjoker31

Angelique le Gauthier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:56 pm
i get asked that alot...even when i'm wearing all bright colors! eek i guess that they think im a 'cyber goth' (if they even know what that is xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:15 am
People say that to me all the time. XP ******** them.

My french teacher didn't say something like that...she called me 'little miss black'. xD I don't even know if she knew my real name. Honestly, I swear the woman has problems...  

Ming Chen

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:12 am
My aunt used to say that about me all the time, but when I really started dressing for attention (not slutty stuff. Like, going to school the first day of my senior year at high school dressed as willy wonka, just because I liked the movie) she finally understood I dress like this just because I like to dress like this. I think my uncle is still convinced that I dress like this for attention though. It's kind of funny actually.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:27 pm
This is where I get to say, "Pfft. What way?"

I generally wear jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, Hollister shirts and A&F shirts.

It's comfortable. D;

-Sylvia Blank Page-

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas