Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
What's your next SCA event? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DC1337

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Spykeshawk
domokun First of all, DC1337, your avatar is bad a** domokun

cool Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:58 pm
DC1337
Spykeshawk

cool Thanks

His avatar is authorized in rigid parry!  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Spykeshawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:53 am
Berzerker_prime
DC1337
Spykeshawk

cool Thanks

Did he get it before or after they mad the rule that you need to authorize with buckler and cane in order to authorize in the form?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 pm
Spykeshawk
Berzerker_prime
DC1337
Spykeshawk

cool Thanks

Did he get it before or after they mad the rule that you need to authorize with buckler and cane in order to authorize in the form?

Actually, I'm authorised with "offhand defensive" (which covers buckler, cane, cloak, and whatever else non-attacky-thing you can talk the marshalls into) lol
So yeah, you need to show you can use all 3 of those standard defensive items (that's how they do it in Lochac).

In fact, my card is now filled... I have all the possible rapier combat authorisations. Including rubber band gun biggrin (fun, but not very effective)  

DC1337

ForumFox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:14 pm
Next event....GET THE HELL OUT OF TOWN FOR MULE DAY...Opps...I mean
Spring Coronation for Meridies...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:23 pm
my next one is tomorrow, and we're having Winter War  

Koosei

Spykeshawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm
DC1337
Spykeshawk
Berzerker_prime
DC1337
Spykeshawk

cool Thanks

Actually, I'm authorised with "offhand defensive" (which covers buckler, cane, cloak, and whatever else non-attacky-thing you can talk the marshalls into) lol
So yeah, you need to show you can use all 3 of those standard defensive items (that's how they do it in Lochac).

In fact, my card is now filled... I have all the possible rapier combat authorisations. Including rubber band gun biggrin (fun, but not very effective)

That's cool. Here in the East, RBG's fall into place as 'rigid parry', and cloak is classified as 'non-rigid parry'. Rigid is basically anything with a backbone, anything not flimsy; buckler, cane, stick, mug, riding crop, shoe, frozen fish. Non-rigid is anything that is soft, as long as it doesn't tangle the blade: cloak, rubber chicken, cape, hat, thawed-out fish. Sorry, Marshal in training. The only things I don't have yet are Case of rapier and Schlaeger. I'm really not interested in case that much. I liek make case of daggers just fine cool  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:17 pm
Spykeshawk
DC1337
Spykeshawk
Berzerker_prime
DC1337
Spykeshawk

cool Thanks

That's cool. Here in the East, RBG's fall into place as 'rigid parry', and cloak is classified as 'non-rigid parry'. Rigid is basically anything with a backbone, anything not flimsy; buckler, cane, stick, mug, riding crop, shoe, frozen fish. Non-rigid is anything that is soft, as long as it doesn't tangle the blade: cloak, rubber chicken, cape, hat, thawed-out fish. Sorry, Marshal in training. The only things I don't have yet are Case of rapier and Schlaeger. I'm really not interested in case that much. I liek make case of daggers just fine cool

The auths here are:
Single rapier (includes fibreglass & metal)
Offhand defensive (rigid & flexible - so a fish in any state of thawedness lol )
Offhand offensive (dagger & rapier)
Rapier melee (if you don't have this you can only fight 1-on-1)
Rubber band gun (requires melee auth, though it is occasionally used in single tourneys)  

DC1337

Autumn Guard Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:22 pm
My next event is Siege the day in Shadowlands
which for those who dont know is in Ansteorra  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:17 pm
The weekend of the 18, 19th, and 20th I'll be going to Sir Edwards Memorial Tournament (Sir Eddies) which is in Shittemewood, An Tir! 1st event of the season!!!! Yeah!!!!! *does the happy dance*  

Saetril

9,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:17 pm
Calontir's Heraldic, Dance, and Bardic Symposium, at the College of Bellewode, April 19th.

My friend is the seneschal there, and is also one of my best friend's college roommates. I just want to go and do the herald thing some more.

And corrupt...I mean...introduce people to the SCA.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 am
Western Beltane Coronation in two weeks, May 2-4.  

Kiria Delusional Kitty

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:08 pm
Possibly Calontir's Crown Tourney, if I can get a ride. I've been asked by Their Majesties Calontir if I'll be there.

WTF have I gotten myself into?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:36 pm
Confirmed. I will be at Calontir's Crown Tourney.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:05 pm
My next event will be this weekend at the Barony of Jararvellir's 35th Anniversary celebration (it's in Northshield, for those unfamiliar). I'm also hoping to be able to make it to Northshield Crown Tourney, since it's just an hour and a half away in Caer Anterth Mawr.

Sarah T. Foole.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces