Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

not_colleen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:09 pm
i've liked anime forever and i've never been considered a nerd. I go to the cool kid parties...

i just don't dress up in my pikachu outfit.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:18 am
I don't prefer to be called a nerd but for anime I don't mind at all!! blaugh  

C.J.Moon

Hilarious Raider

1,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Autobiographer 200

xdarknessprevailsx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:49 pm
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

I though nerds were the smart ones and geeks were the obsessed ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:19 am
anime is bad and nerdy  

Youbertoe

Catuboduus

Moonlight Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:19 pm
Yeah, anime is pretty nerdy. Though you must think about it... is being a nerd really that bad? It's a cliche social group, much like being a prep, jock, gangster, goth, ect.

Also, for those of you who are responding like "Omg, no hax! wtf anime isnt 4 nerds!" need to think about this harder. Aside from the startreck fans, who does popular culture pick on as the "nerds"? The people who cosplay, go to the conventions, crush on the characters and collect the merchandise: mostly anime fans.

I'm into anime myself, but I'm reasonable enough to admit, anime is pretty darn nerdy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:18 pm
I kinda agree with everyone. I guess anime is nerdy in general, then again, why aren't cartoons like Family Guy, the Simpsons, etc...?

Anyway, in my opinion I think anime is pretty nerdy. Sadly, manga and anime are both on my top fav. lists of hobbies. smile  

Hello Reiia

Hello Reiia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm
xdarknessprevailsx
MrBobVilla
An obsession with anything is nerdy. So if you are obsessed with anime then you are nerdy. :p

I though nerds were the smart ones and geeks were the obsessed ones.

Great. Now I'm both a geek and nerd. stare LOL.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:51 am
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
i lUv aNimE.. aNd iT's noT nErdy.. tHeir faShion is cool (it depends).. tHe musiC is great.. and the stories are awesome.. heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

- ayikah -

Darks Angel forever1

Blessed Friend

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Expert Skill 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 am
I don't think anime is nerdy either! It ROCKS though! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:16 am
The terms nerd and geek were invented by the "popular" kids to set them apart, and be more in the spotlight than they already are. ( and believe me, some of the ones I know have GIANT egos and are complete idiots. You have no idea how much i'd love to just grab a steamroller and roll the heck over them.)

This term shouldn't even exist, and is so POORLY thought up that there isn't really a solid definition for it.

All the people dubbed nerds and geeks, you just got labeled by complete idiots. Don't feel bad about it at all, because that label should have no more effect on you then a fly trying to break through a brick wall, and shouldn't even really exist.  

Sariace the Demonslayer

dark_princess227

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Why would anime be considered nerdy its just another type of cartoon and manga is just like reading a book with lots of pictures. if something is just a hobby i dont see why anything should be considered nerdy... unless it becomes an unhealthy obsession sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:12 pm
I'm a nerd geek prep goth emo kid and proud of it...I'm kinda bipolar to...nerd and geek cus of anime, prep cheerleadin goth my fave color is black and i wear it a lot emo cus i get depressed easily and dont talk bipolar cus my attitude changes a lot  

Coco_Bunny23

chii-mikan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 pm
it depends on what anime you watch. it is not nerdy!! stressed  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:19 am
Hm Well I'm not really into anime as I used to be oO; But anime isn't nerdy. It's like my mom watching her favorite TV show. She likes the storyline and I like the storyline of some animes.  

x-MoonDoggie

ChibiNekozz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:53 am
Banana Purin
Charmed_One_Phoebe
Prodigious_girl
Rob_007
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream
Agreed!

Me to!

Me three. lol

extemely totally agrreeedd mrgreen  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games