Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

Chansung

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:06 am
What would they do once they hit puberty? Start wearing kahki's and polo shirts to rebel?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:28 pm
I've been planning on raising them like me and having them dress like me. I already I have outfits for them.  

Temptress69

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:34 pm
yep, for sure, like little living dead dolls wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:49 pm
I'll let them dress how ever they want to but not preppy!!  

XxParalyzing_silencexX

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:19 am
once in awhile i would like i would get him a jack sckeliton shirt  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:30 am
Did anyone watch the Eurovision this year? If you did you would have seen a clip set at the Tuska Open Air metal fest where there was this goth couple and at the end they sat in the park with their little goth baby. It was wearing a little red and black striped top I believe with a bat pendant round his neck. That will be my kid one day (no I am not goin to kidnap the baby from the clip lol)  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm
I see all these posts by people saying they'd make their kid dress "just like them", or any way they want "but NOT preppy".

That attitude seems awfully hypocritical to me. How many of you had disagreements or actual conflicts with parents or other authority figures when they didn't want to let you dress the way you wanted to?

Personally, I'd opt for something a little more neutral, at least when the kid started really interacting with his or her peers. Setting a child up to be ostracized, just because you think it's "cute" seems a little thoughtless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:43 pm
My kids are going to be full fledged goths lol... that may sound kind of bad but yea it's ok. They will be dressed in like all hot topic clothes and listen to rock and I'm taking them to Ozz fest every year and LRS fest and all that great junk lol  

XxlacexX

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:59 am
Ciel Avec Cafeine
I see all these posts by people saying they'd make their kid dress "just like them", or any way they want "but NOT preppy".

That attitude seems awfully hypocritical to me. How many of you had disagreements or actual conflicts with parents or other authority figures when they didn't want to let you dress the way you wanted to?

Personally, I'd opt for something a little more neutral, at least when the kid started really interacting with his or her peers. Setting a child up to be ostracized, just because you think it's "cute" seems a little thoughtless.

You also take this thread a little 'too' seriously. I mean we are merely having fun. I dont have kids yet and I hardly think I will find little capes and black stiff in teeny weeny sizes. I do see what you mean though but my parents dont mind me in black but they also dont want me to get big black NewRocks lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:49 pm
if its what they wanted  

Rock Lee 6th gate

bloodyjoker31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:35 am
well cors i do! n_n
id make black and red dresses with all teh laces and stuff! heart
but the problem is i dont want a child! XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What type of Fae are you?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:17 pm
I think I would dress my children in the cuter gothic things.Of course when they got older I would let them dress however they want. I think they would only rebel and dress like preps if that style was forced on them. I made a promise that I would never force my future kids to do anything like my mom does. Even if that means letting them be preps *shudders*.  

darkXsideXofXinnocent

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:10 pm
if my kid wanted to be like the way i am the hell yeah i will dress him goth  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 am
mee_shee
When you get married and have kids, or just plain old have some kids, do you think you'll dress them gothic?

Personally I would, but I'd also have other clothes for them, and no doubt that if I do dress them gothic my mom will buy them other clothes. And I'd still dress them in those once in a while.

I just think it'd be cool to see a gothic looking baby.

Of course when they grew up I'd have no problem with letting them choose whether they want to continue to dress like that or not.

What's you oppinion on the topic?

I would but I wonder if my SO would mmm that is a tough one  

Oni-taku

Vly The Flower Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:26 pm
I think I'd dress them in the more industrial syle. Gothic on some days, but more industial.
Dread falls, eh, when they turn like 13 they can have those XD

<3

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games