Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are ALL goths depressed? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

destructive emotions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:54 pm
ShadowLotus
Kaishi Kyouki

Emos aren't depressed either, they're just attention whores, who try and get attention through pity, and then say they don't want it.
Heheh too true. I think they are quite emotional, or at least act like it because of their pitiful mindset. They can be depressed but it's the same as anyone with their individual life. They just like to make it known to the world...

OH YEA! another EMO insult! *high fives*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:58 am
quite simply, no. anybody who assumes that somebody is depressed because they are gothic are moronic, and are probably mixing up goth and emo.  

Calantha Josephine

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

runekai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:39 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I can get easily depressed, but that's just my personal chemical imbalance.

im right there with you on that one. i am bipolar so it is pretty easy for me to get depressed but then again it is also good when i shift gears and go into my manic stage. then i am very, VERY happy. hehe.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:32 pm
runekai
-Resurrected Writer-
I can get easily depressed, but that's just my personal chemical imbalance.

im right there with you on that one. i am bipolar so it is pretty easy for me to get depressed but then again it is also good when i shift gears and go into my manic stage. then i am very, VERY happy. hehe.

That is how my mom's tenant is. One Day she will be really hyper and then within a few hours. She will be all mopey over nothing. A few months ago she was diagnosed with being bipolar so I can agree with you.  

NekoYasha09er

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:06 am
For me nothing could be further from the truth. To me the Goth scene is about parties, clubbing, festivals and live gigs. Its about as depressed as a glowing Christmas tree.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:38 pm
Goths embrace the darkness in life, and the miracle of life and death. They acknowledge that life isn't rainbows and kittens all the time, and end up being happier people because they aren't always disappointed. It's nicer to be cynical and be pleasantly surprised when things are great! so no, Goths are not depressed. If one happens to be depressed and goth, it's just a coincidence. XD  

Mechanical Death

Witty Lunatic

16,325 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Winged 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Melainis

Thirteenth Codger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:53 pm
Of course not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:09 am
Soviet Mudkipz
dumb question..no they're not, we're gothic not emo....

took the words right outa my mouth  

midnight mysteries

haine13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:45 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
dumb question..no they're not, we're gothic not emo....

hey now some of its not a choice. Depression runs in my family so dont be saying that none of us are depressed. Just because i have depression doesnt me i dont like goth ways and what not it just happens to be something i cant controll but its not like i go around thinking/ saying everything sucks and is depressing because thats emo. The depression i have is a chemical imbalance and it kinda bugs me that some people are saying that i cant be goth because of this because im sure as hell not emo...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:17 pm
X DigitalPixie X
Goths embrace the darkness in life, and the miracle of life and death. They acknowledge that life isn't rainbows and kittens all the time, and end up being happier people because they aren't always disappointed. It's nicer to be cynical and be pleasantly surprised when things are great! so no, Goths are not depressed. If one happens to be depressed and goth, it's just a coincidence. XD
so true................  

master_maji

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:25 pm
I really just kinda don't like it when people assume goths are always upset. I mean, humans have changing feelings, note the word changing.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:10 am
no....look at me! I am as happy as a clam mrgreen
but to those who are I offer my sincerest sympathy....I haven't always been so happy and I know what it's like at both ends of the spectrum.  

Hyena_Queen

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:15 am
Well there is a difference between gothic and emo. Goth's are not depressed as much as emo's. Dont get me wrong everybody gets depressed sometimes however goth's tend to have a more FTW attitude and dont really care what others think of them. Some emo's tend to dwell too much on what others think of them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm
I wouldnt think so but non-goth people think that.one time when i dyed my hair back to its NATURAL hair color(black) people came up to me and checked my arms for cuts(i know that is emo)  

Annie_Rose_Red

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces