Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:43 pm
I read like crazy...I've currently read all of anne rice's series...all of Laurell K Hamilton's books from both of her series ( well all the ones that are out...theres another one coming in june or july woot!), and I just bought the newest book from Kim Harrison's series. That doesn't include all the random books that I've read. I read like a maniac...but I don't understand what you guys see wrong in reading manga and comic books too cause I devour those right along with the books.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:47 pm
Sorceress Ameneka
I do! I like manga, but I get sick of it after a while. I'm currently reading Interview With The Vampire, and Twilight. I like vampire stories a lot.

I play an instrument! I've been playing a viola now for almost 3 years and counting. I love orchestra. <3

have you read demon in my view  

Hunter of the Dammed

Identity99

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:00 pm
I read alot. Actually, I have a quite high reading level. And most of the goths in my school are either extremely smart or simply idiots who started off as punk and have simply been classified as goth. But other than that, every really goth is smart in my highschool. I do not play an instrument but I'm learning how to play the guitar next year.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:10 pm
I am reading a book called "heart shaped box" I love books about ghosts, monsters, other goth kids like myself and how they live, etc.

I have always loved books about misery and sadness, books on ghosts and hauntings. i love it so much! Its more fun to read books on goth teens though. Just the fact that I can relate to what they are talking about makes me incredibly happy.

I play the saxophone, guitar and i want to learn the drums.  

DJ Database

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:53 pm
I just finished The Devil in Massachusetts. I had to read it for my history class, and, quite frankly, it was over dramatized. neutral

Aww well.... at least now I get to go back to my regular readings, which right now are comprised of...

Septimus Felton by Nathaniel Hawthorne

And still working my way through Poe...  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:12 am
i read a crap load. i usually spend any extra money on just YA books and such. i know people who are goths but im not friends with them because theyre the punk kind and im not into every underground band known to man and i dont know any dark souls who play instruments.  

Cactus Attack!

ViolentShrinking

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:51 pm
I would say a hallmark of gothy type characters is being knowledgeable in literature and arts. The two go hand in hand. And then of course the delights of comics and magazines and even reading online can count. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 pm
ViolentShrinking
I would say a hallmark of gothy type characters is being knowledgeable in literature and arts. The two go hand in hand. And then of course the delights of comics and magazines and even reading online can count. ninja
Well, they count as reading, but it's hardly the same thing as sitting down with a book.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:59 pm
The Goth Apple
ViolentShrinking
Well, they count as reading, but it's hardly the same thing as sitting down with a book.

Outside, on an overcast day, while listening to a good album ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:27 pm
The other I finished reading "catcher in the Rye" and right now i'm reading "Frankestein" by Mary Shelley and I'm planning on reading the "Ceremony"  

blackrose070

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:19 pm
blackrose070
The other I finished reading "catcher in the Rye" and right now i'm reading "Frankestein" by Mary Shelley and I'm planning on reading the "Ceremony"

The Catcher in the Rye is an excellent book, as is Frankenstein. I admire your reading choices. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:27 pm
This made me laugh because the library near my house is full of nerdy goths. They are very friendly, however there are these other goths which are jerks. Right now I'm reading hard-bolied wonderland I believe it's called, too lazy to get the book right now but it'a really good. My favorite author at the moment is Tanazaki, his mind is twisted, perverted and many imagery used. Of course I read some mangas but thats just like one or two.

mybabypenguin

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:08 pm
I do and I love it. Can't get enough of books, mainly crime, forensics and fantasy  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 pm
Identity99
I read alot. Actually, I have a quite high reading level. And most of the goths in my school are either extremely smart or simply idiots who started off as punk and have simply been classified as goth. But other than that, every really goth is smart in my highschool. I do not play an instrument but I'm learning how to play the guitar next year.

You say you have smart goths at your school? I have none at mine, well none of any extra-ordinary intelligence. They're all in regular classes and I'm in honors courses. They all come to me for help with their work. sweatdrop I should seriously consider charging for my services... The only "smart goths" I know are on Gaia.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

blackrose070

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:44 am
XWraith_LordX
blackrose070

The Catcher in the Rye is an excellent book, as is Frankenstein. I admire your reading choices. 3nodding

Thank you!!! heart Catcher in the Rye is an exellent book I also read alot due to the fact I'm in Honors English  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games