Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Suggestions and Requests Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drake_Keiran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:50 pm
I have a request - Could we possibly get more active people sorted into Slytherin? smile I only say that because Slytherin is pretty dead house, our common room goes days without a post, Theres no interest at all in Dueling Club, unlike the other houses. We have to drop out of Quidditch due to lack of involvement.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:08 pm
Drake, talk to Garnet 17th, Empress Kat and KimCL, your prefects and Head of House. There are some very inventive and clever people who don't know how fun it is yet. Next month I have some ideas to publicize it. Quidditch is being re-vamped. It just doesn't work to try to get everyone on at the same time, our most successful events are over a week or so, so Madame Hooch is doing some revising and has some outside Gaia stuff to attend to as well.

I can't control who applies or where the sorting Hat puts people, but you've some great folks in there. Owl your fellow Slyths and give me a little time, I've some ideas for you for a month or so from now.  

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

turayza

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:19 pm
Okay...so I'm not sure if this will be coming out in the next announcement (perhaps I'm just being impatient XD) but is there going to be a May fanfiction contest?  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 pm
We should hold a referal contest of some sort 3nodding heart  

Luna Lovegood - Ravenclaw

AkitoSousuke

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:27 pm
Something similar was asked before, I believe. LadyHealingHands said that there would be people who would create fake accounts simply to register?
(Of course you can get through that by checking when the account was created...)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:37 pm
I'm not sure if this has been suggested but I'll go ahead and suggest it.

I think there should be ship banners for the guild members to show which ship(s) they support. I'm more than willing to be one of the makers of these banners as I love to make them and have a lot of free time seeing as it is summer vacation. I hope you'll consider this idea.  

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

AccioFunds
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:45 am
Twilight_of_Life
I'm not sure if this has been suggested but I'll go ahead and suggest it.

I think there should be ship banners for the guild members to show which ship(s) they support. I'm more than willing to be one of the makers of these banners as I love to make them and have a lot of free time seeing as it is summer vacation. I hope you'll consider this idea.

I'm totally cool with the idea. But hmm, there are some problems: Check out this thread in our Valentine Events in the Events subforum: ~Gilderoy Lockhart's Glorious Goblin Delivered Valentines~

We had 36 different HP characters - pairing up at random and also by choice. There's practically an infinite numbering of 'ships, from the heartful, to the silly to the sublime. So it's silly to think we can have a banner for EVERY ship available, but we can do this:

How about you make a couple of ship banners, say 4 or 5 of the ships you think are the most fun, or the most popular, and send them to me, AccioFunds, and we'll post them. We will make a note when you post them that you also make custom ship banners. So you might want to make them a few different styles.

Some of our members are not familiar with banners making software, and it would be cool if they 'hired you' to help them make a banner. Se do seem to have frequent banner contests here (there are two going on right now) and they usually offer pretty spectacular prizes.

So if you're willing to make custom banners, I suggest you enter both contests. If you win one, not only to you get a great prize, you get bragging rights. You can let people know (advertise) that you make custom banners by putting that in your signature and/or inside the post that you will make custom 'ship banners..

When you begin making them for others we can add them to your original 4 or 5 in our banners thread for all to use (if the person who had you custom make them is ok with that).

Now I feel an a-ha coming on!

Desiderare Manifesto!!!

(The Captain Piccard spell) Too bad mods aren't eligible for spell of the week!)

We now have a Haven Artisan and Talent Shoppe posted in Chatterbox!

If you have a talent for sale or trade that's HP related and won't violate TOS, such as banner making, custom ship (relationship) banner making, doll making, thinking up clever sayings, Photoshop, art, etc. you can now list your talent and a few samples in a post in that thread. Plus put it in your post (Firefox has a Tek-Tek tab where you can set your post to automatically include color, graphics, etc).

10 points and thank you to you for the idea that potentially will benefit all of Haven !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 am
Announced here because Twilight's suggestion inspired it. And naturally, announced in our Read me First thread, too!

New contest!!!

5 points to the person who supplies best image of the new HP Haven Store so I can fancy up the first post in the thread.

RULES

1. Put your entries in the House Appreciation thread
2. It doesn't have to say Where Haven Shops for Talent...or Haven Artisan Shoppe, but it could. Or it could be a picture without any sayings in it. (See the Dueling Club in the subforum for examples of how images introduce the post).

I'll choose my favorite, say July 25th or 26th (I'll be on retreat July 31-August 7 in the Pacific Northwest).

The winner gets their pick of

Anything up to 1200g in Barton Jewelers!

I'm particularly fond of the tiaras with choice of House color gems and the new reading glasses, also in House Colors. See? It fits with the House Appreciation theme, and if you win, you can add the item you chose to your Avi in the House colors contest if you wish!

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:07 am
Quote:
10 points and thank you to you for the idea that potentially will benefit all of Haven!

Really? YAY! You liked the idea! And there are way too many ships to have one of every ship. *goes off to make Haven ship banners*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:09 pm
I got a suggestion...I don't know if anyone has said it but you know how we have houses.......well what if you are a 7th year and you post to a certain amount like you had to do to get there. Well shouldn't you be able to graduate? So you can chose if you want to be with the Order, Death Eaters, Ministry? I mean you can't stay a 7th year forever. This is just a thought. Please take it into consideration.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:02 pm
Riku Urahara
I got a suggestion...I don't know if anyone has said it but you know how we have houses.......well what if you are a 7th year and you post to a certain amount like you had to do to get there. Well shouldn't you be able to graduate? So you can chose if you want to be with the Order, Death Eaters, Ministry? I mean you can't stay a 7th year forever. This is just a thought. Please take it into consideration.

Hmm. It's an interesting thought. I'd say that since our Guild is not a Role-Play, the Houses are for like mindeds to meet and also a way to give rewards and have contests. In a way, some Folks do graduate into staff or mods from time to time as talent and need arises. So I don't see the purpose or a way to integrate OOP players, etc, though I'm open to listening. I'd say that was more for RP and could be in the RP subforum. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 pm
LadyHealingHands
Riku Urahara

Hmm. It's an interesting thought. I'd say that since our Guild is not a Role-Play, the Houses are for like mindeds to meet and also a way to give rewards and have contests. In a way, some Folks do graduate into staff or mods from time to time as talent and need arises. So I don't see the purpose or a way to integrate OOP players, etc, though I'm open to listening. I'd say that was more for RP and could be in the RP subforum. Any ideas?

Yea....but who would want to RP if we had enough people willing to do maybe it might work. This is just somthing that pop in my head. Somthing might work....I don't know I have to give it more thought.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

slytherin69

3,700 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 pm
Could you please update the House points counter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 am
slytherin69
Could you please update the House points counter?

redface Sorry- it's on the to-do list. I could also use some help. I fear I've been missing some worthy deeds because because I have just so much time I can spend on each task and other things need doing too. I need Haven members to look for posts that deserve points. And to submit them in the format suggested: date, name, where (URL) what (sentence or phrase summary) and WHY you think they deserve points.

House Points are updated at least twice a month - and with no notice. And you're right, it's definitely time. The goal was to post and update every week, on Sunday, but I can only multi so many tasks; this month is busy with not only Halloween, but a family wedding/ reunion/baby naming at the end of October out of state and some other can't be set aside priorities in R/L.

Perhaps you'd be willing to roll your eyes and mutter that ancient spell? I think the eye rolling is part of activating it. You know the one:
"God, grant me patience - right now!" (Then let me know if it was effective for you, it's never quite worked for me. Perhaps I don't have quite the right wrist movement).

I'll do my best, but don't hold your breath -especially this month.
--LHH

LadyHealingHands
Vice Captain

SuzelovesJamesPotter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:04 am
I was wondering if we are going to have Quidditch this semester? If so, I had an idea for the matches. I was looking through the subforum and saw the one match there wasn't quite a success. What if the matches were for a week or at least a couple for days? You could start it a specific time and then end at another time a couple days later. Since we are all in different time zones, this would give everyone a chance to play if they are on the team. It also would probably mean a better turn out.
wink  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces