Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:38 pm
A Kiss To Say Hello
Christianity is just the latest sun religion. It'll die out in a couple hundred years.

Don't be so sure, Buddhism and Paganism are still widely practiced and have been around for thousands of years before Christianity, I think Christianity is here to stay.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:35 pm
All of the other sun gods have died out in popularity and thus will Christ.  

Sharing Heartbeats

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:40 am
A Kiss To Say Hello
All of the other sun gods have died out in popularity and thus will Christ.

Christ was never a god he was only the second direct son of god, the first being Adam.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:45 am
how many religion threads are there here?  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 pm
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello
Christianity is just the latest sun religion. It'll die out in a couple hundred years.

Don't be so sure, Buddhism and Paganism are still widely practiced and have been around for thousands of years before Christianity, I think Christianity is here to stay.

christianity is already on the way out, retreating before the spread of neopagan revivals and because of internal corruption. there are more people in the west turning away from the religion than there are coming to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm
A Kiss To Say Hello

In an age of information and wider spread literacy than ever before, it'll be more challenging for it to dissipate than it has been for other religions.

Then again, there's always this argument-

User Image  

GilAskan
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm
Draco Vampir
Rellik San
A Kiss To Say Hello

christianity is already on the way out, retreating before the spread of neopagan revivals and because of internal corruption. there are more people in the west turning away from the religion than there are coming to it.

Wrong, people are turning away from organized practices of Christianity and the literal bible, to take it in as a more subversive and deeply personal held belief system. Consider, how many denominations and other religions have spawned from Christianity? With more and more being created every year, the neo-pagan revival isn't as wide spread as people would like to think.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:32 pm
ATHIEST AND PROUD!!  

Poetic Witch

Feral Kitten

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:46 pm
GilAskan

User Image

That's not an argument, that's a hyperbole.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:13 pm
spooky_sez
GilAskan

User Image

That's not an argument, that's a hyperbole.

Yeah, I know.

I just think Criminy (the little guy) is cute.

Though, I have read some very legitimate (and literate) "Logic is the new faith, scientists/psychologists the new clergy" essays. It's an interesting argument- one which I honestly could see as possible. Just not to the degree described in the little strip.  

GilAskan
Crew

Nyxson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:39 pm
Chaos Magician/student of the occult here
I tend to try and look at the flaws and strongpoints of any and ALL religion

But I do believe in metaphysics and paranormal. I actually study parapsychology and magic(k)

I have powers of my own I'm intuned with, and my girlfriend is an indigo child, so she kinda has the whole "sixth sense" thing going for her  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 pm
Yeah umm....i don't have a religion but u can say i'm agnostic. Even tho technically i was baptized as a Mormon, and b/c of that religion ( i blame the MORMONS!!) that i've gained these beliefs. No offense to other active Mormons out there but i hate that religion more so than Christianity!!!! So i leave you all with this about all religions whether they all be right or all be wrong...."I can't know, and neither can you."  

Ashra88

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces