Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 pm
In highschool the good sides are slim, but they are golden enough for being goth to be worth it.

- I have to agree with the boots. Boots are the coolest footwear known to man kind and I love mine dearly and wear them with everything even formal clothing.
- Goth kids thend to be the fun creative intelligent ones who never wanted to fit in with mainstream society, and therefore are THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Your friends expect you to do weird s**t so when I run around the mall with a skeleten hood over my face and duck behind clothing racks like I'm a hyper five year old boy everyone thinks it's amusing and not "social suicide"
- My trench Coat. The feel of it flaring out behind me as I walk briskly. It just so cool and action-movie esque.
- Pants that actually have POCKETS! not those pansy as girl pants with the two inch pockets that wouldn't hold a cell phone even if you hammered it in.
- Being accepted for who you are, even if that's not exactly the steriotype or whatever. If I wear color one day my friends aren't going to ditch me. If I was part of the social norm and I dressed goth one day people would freak out. Being Goth means freedom, not conforming to another steriotype. It means that if I want to shop in the little boy's section and wear marvel comics teeshirts no one cares, if I want to wear jeans and hollister no one cares, and if I wear a trench coat fangs and PVC i might get some compliments. That is freedom.
- Having an instant connection with at least someone in new places. Usually resulting in fun and interesting friendships that don't take years to build.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be goth? hahaha  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:48 pm
Ooh, I got another one!

Being goth is really awesome because if you overeat on Thanksgiving, you can just tighten your corset and the five pounds you gained just disappears.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 pm
xxrackellaxx
Ooh, I got another one!

Being goth is really awesome because if you overeat on Thanksgiving, you can just tighten your corset and the five pounds you gained just disappears.
rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:33 am
Red Dye Number 5
In highschool the good sides are slim, but they are golden enough for being goth to be worth it.

- I have to agree with the boots. Boots are the coolest footwear known to man kind and I love mine dearly and wear them with everything even formal clothing.
- Goth kids thend to be the fun creative intelligent ones who never wanted to fit in with mainstream society, and therefore are THE BEST PEOPLE IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Your friends expect you to do weird s**t so when I run around the mall with a skeleten hood over my face and duck behind clothing racks like I'm a hyper five year old boy everyone thinks it's amusing and not "social suicide"
- My trench Coat. The feel of it flaring out behind me as I walk briskly. It just so cool and action-movie esque.
- Pants that actually have POCKETS! not those pansy as girl pants with the two inch pockets that wouldn't hold a cell phone even if you hammered it in.
- Being accepted for who you are, even if that's not exactly the steriotype or whatever. If I wear color one day my friends aren't going to ditch me. If I was part of the social norm and I dressed goth one day people would freak out. Being Goth means freedom, not conforming to another steriotype. It means that if I want to shop in the little boy's section and wear marvel comics teeshirts no one cares, if I want to wear jeans and hollister no one cares, and if I wear a trench coat fangs and PVC i might get some compliments. That is freedom.
- Having an instant connection with at least someone in new places. Usually resulting in fun and interesting friendships that don't take years to build.

User Image"Can't you see our burning souls
We hide a secret deep inside"

User Image

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see how you get "goth=freedom and goth=me wearing hollister when I want to"
That's a little far fetched imho.

User Image

"We show you pleasures without pain
Take our gift this night"

vampyrebats

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 am
[M]oogle [W]arrior
Red Dye Number 5

User Image

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see how you get "goth=freedom and goth=me wearing hollister when I want to"

User Image

Your twisting my words. It was only an example, but it works. Maybe it means something different to you, but Goth used to have nothing to do with clothing labels. If I found a scarf or a pair of pants at any store and wore them with boots, a corset, or cut them up it'd be goth. whatever store it comes from is inconsequential.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 pm
Red Dye Number 5
[M]oogle [W]arrior
Red Dye Number 5

User Image

User Image

Your twisting my words. It was only an example, but it works. Maybe it means something different to you, but Goth used to have nothing to do with clothing labels. If I found a scarf or a pair of pants at any store and wore them with boots, a corset, or cut them up it'd be goth. whatever store it comes from is inconsequential.

User Image
Wearing just anything doesn't make you gothic. It may be a lot about the clothes but it's also the way you think, the things you do, having a taste for things darker and different from the usual way of thinking. Just because someone wants to wear a corset and some boots doesn't automatically make them gothic. That thing you said sounds more like a description of today's high school goth kids.

User Image

vampyrebats

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:53 pm
[M]oogle [W]arrior
Red Dye Number 5
[M]oogle [W]arrior
Red Dye Number 5

User Image

User Image

User Image
Wearing just anything doesn't make you gothic. It may be a lot about the clothes but it's also the way you think, the things you do, having a taste for things darker and different from the usual way of thinking. Just because someone wants to wear a corset and some boots doesn't automatically make them gothic. That thing you said sounds more like a description of today's high school goth kids.

User Image

Careful.
The "goth is a mindset" idea is not universal by any means. Some (such as myself) consider a taste for the music scene (involving goth rock, deathrock, darkwave, etc.) to be what goth is; this makes sense in that knowing the history helps to understand the scene as a whole. However, it can be argued that not everyone who listens to those bands will identify with goth. Furthermore, some artists *coughAndrewEldritchcough* who are in those genres disregard their goth fanbase.
Granted, the aesthetic mindset also makes sense in that it's popular among goths. However, it's also a fairly base assessment of people's tastes and trains of thought. Furthermore, if a great number of people start thinking the same way, said thought becomes pedestrian rather than different.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:54 pm
*Gotta love the corsets and the skirts. Seriously, goths have some of the best and broadest choice of clothing whether you prefer the romantigoth or the metal goth.
*The boots^^ I love my boots, they kick so much royal a** they need a title.
*The fact that when I'm PMSing people already know to run
*The fact that even when I'm PMSing my friends are awesome enough not to fun away, even when the guys are told they might lose thier manhood.
*Getting rid of the idiots, with a word and a look or just a look, that just want to question your choices.
*Coming up with the most creative death threats known to man. Ever.
*People are always never that you might just go through with those threats... well in my case it's for good reason.
*Having friends that don't run away just because you might try to 'test their reflexes' and try to kill them once in a while.
*Being able to laugh at all the shmucks that think that every goth is a druggy or a cutter.
*There's all the basics too, but those are just a given.  

Kazza Reaper

Ruthless Phantom

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:52 pm
Concerts in our community are amazing! If I were going to a Kanye West concert, for example, I couldn't dream of even getting within 20' of the stage without being shot down by security.
But last night I went of a Bella Morte, Cruxshadows, I:Scintilla, and Azoic concert. I got to stand right in front of the stage, with no real problems getting to that part of the floor. After Bella Morte played, Andy jumped off of the stage and gave me a big sweaty bear hug. While The Cruxshadows were on, they started pulling people up on stage with them and I got to dance on the stage with JoHanna. After the concert was over I stood around with a bunch of other people, chatting with Rogue. At other, more mainstream concerts, those things never could have happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:39 pm
I might have posted here but, IDK.

-Boots are comfy, stylish and provide good traction for snow, ice and slippery bus floors.

-Pants that things actually can go in the pockets and give your junk some room. (I hate camel toes)

-Black matches all colors you decide to wear.

-Many goth outfits w/o accesories can be considered buisness casual for those days at work or special occasions.

-No one ******** with you because you look scary.

-If they do ******** with you, just hit them with your chains/spikes a few times and they will not want to fight you anymore.

-Awesome music.

-Not having to worry what other goths think, most of them are pretty chill.

-Not having to care what catty people think of you.

-You are not wierd, just goth.

-Getting to scare those bible bangers shitless.

-Being truly popular: People don't all like me but, the ones who do like me for me. Popular preppy people are popular for who they pretend to be, not who they are. I have friends from all kinds of walks of life, everyone from teachers and middle aged people to street kids and bus drivers. They know me and like me for the person I am, not how I dress. They like me as a real person.  

Dark_Style

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:23 pm
User Image

this.

lawl
yus thats me
xD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:57 pm
-Fitting long underwear, bloomers, knee socks, and several other skirts underneath a crinoline overskirt isn't very difficult, and makes for a roasty-toasty goth during the cold winter months! ^_^

-On that note my cloak is extremely warm as well. I can go out in extremely cold weather (below zero, fahrenheit) and only my face and ankles will get cold.

-You can strip down to your undergarments in public, without getting in trouble... (I'm wearing just my underthings right now-- tights, a chemise, bloomers, and pettiecoat... along with the expected bra and panties. I'm totally decent in what I'm wearing...)  

DreamerSpirit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:53 am
Meow Meow Zombie
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/morbidsomething/l_61ff675aaa91445d8e20f54a05c3c722.gif

this.

lawl
yus thats me
xD

That is awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:13 pm
-people aren't fake around you because if they where they'd be to scared to hang out
-awesome music
-can think in peace without people bothering you ever ten seconds
-start drawing and people are surprised what you draw
-can stalk little kids and freak the heck out of them (sooo entertaining)
-no one dares picking a fight with you
-can surprise people who actually get to know you  

Zandratic

6,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

nippIe goblin

Noob

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100