Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Anyone here not dress goth? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:17 pm
destructive emotions
Surami-Fox
Well Goth isn't really a fasion but if you are talking about the fashion, I don't. I dress more emo. I'm pale and I wear black but yea....more emo than goth.
then what are you doing here? this is a gothic guild...not emo.
Because this guild isn't stricly for goths,it's for anyone.
It even says so on the front page "people of a non-Goth culture are just as welcome here too. " ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Blackrose Kaire
destructive emotions
Surami-Fox
Well Goth isn't really a fasion but if you are talking about the fashion, I don't. I dress more emo. I'm pale and I wear black but yea....more emo than goth.
It even says so on the front page "people of a non-Goth culture are just as welcome here too. " ^_^

That would explain why like 90% of the people here don't have the first clue about it.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:32 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
destructive emotions
Surami-Fox

That would explain why like 90% of the people here don't have the first clue about it.
That a problem for you? surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:39 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
destructive emotions
Surami-Fox

Not particularly. I just found it odd at first that it was a goth guild, but most of the people in it had no idea what they were talking about.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:41 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
destructive emotions
Surami-Fox

Not particularly. I just found it odd at first that it was a goth guild, but most of the people in it had no idea what they were talking about.
Maybe that's because there could be some people come here to learn more about it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:42 pm
I wear goth clothes whenever I feel like it. I'll basically wear almost anything and I am open to wearing most styles (except slutish...) blaugh  

Kalda

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:09 pm
In my day-to-day life no, I don't often dress Gothic.

I identify as a cyber, and a Cyber Goth since that's where it all came from. On the weekends at the clubs and gigs I look something like this:

User Image

User Image

And on the week days in class I look more like this:

User Image

User Image

I can seperate my desire to dress in Cyber Goth get ups and fetish gear from my daily need to not have to explain myself or draw negative attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:16 am
I don't dress what some may consider "goth". I just wear whatever looks good to me, and that's that. Sometimes I'll wear goth stuff, but I mostly just wear a T-Shirt, some blue jeans, and a hoodie.  

Abortion Clinic

babykitty18

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:19 pm
i dress goth when i feel like it. If i don't feel like wearing all black one day then i shouldn't be committed to the goth style all because i am right? but it always seems when i dress gothic it doesn't look that way at all! dang urban-ness! lol and as for pale skin...I'M BLACK!!! i cant be pale unless i bleach my skin. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:03 pm
I don't really dress goth, I wear whatever's in my dresser, generally. 'Specialy today, I was wearin an Elvis Presley shirt, pair of bell-bottoms [don't laugh ><], Vans, and a fairy cross necklace. And I wore a pink Betty Boop hoodie yesterday. blaugh The only half goth articles of clothing that I have are some black band T-Shirts...And my 'emo' glasses. As for bein pale, doesn't really work for me cuz I'm half Native American and I'm generally a bit on the tan side, even in winter.  

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Alpine Natural

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:36 pm
No matter what I wear, people ask if I'm either emo or goth. >.< Mostly just emo. Think it's the glasses and the way the lady at the hair salon cut my hair. I can't really wear anything that would remotely relate me to the gothic style: My mom won't have it and my dad asks me to dress how a young girl should.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:47 am
Isobel Bellamy
y'know, goth isn't just the fancy clothes, I usually just stick to plain old black jeans and tees (then then, I'm metal and we're a simple breed that don't care much for adornment xd ), but even just that's goth; look at the old goth bands, its only in latter years that the 'vampire' look has emerged.

And you don't need to stick with certain shops either, regularly when i'm in need of new duds I hop down to a charity shop, buy a crap load of cheap jeans, and dye them. Very easy, and cheap too. Jeans; £3, dye £6, you can dye 2-3 pairs of jeans with them, so that works out to about £6 a pair of jeans *UK so use the American equivilent of prices for charity and dye*, not too bad, which leaves you with more money for music biggrin

And don't give a crap about what people think of you, if they do call you a poseur etc they're about as much worth as a bug on the floor, and obviously insecure in themselves if they feel the need to put down others in order to justify themselves.
Exactly who cares what people think of you? Just wear whatever you want. Screw the stereotype do what you want biggrin  

haine13

Wraithgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:22 pm
Kalda
I wear goth clothes whenever I feel like it. I'll basically wear almost anything and I am open to wearing most styles (except slutish...) blaugh
*raises hand* I agree.
Plus, I don't have the money to pay for goth clothes. rolleyes Not with college book @ 150 bucks a pop. >.<

But that's where Gaia comes in, lol.
On gaia I can look however I feel, and I'm not sure if I'm strictly goth, but I lean that way on this avi.
And as for pale?...naturally pale I am, there's little changing that. I actually kinda like the contrast of pale skin & light eyes with my naturally dark hair. cool  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:17 pm
I'm seriously considering going down to Camden on the weekend and stocking up on cyber clubwear to wear as casual wear. It looks so awesome, and its nice to have some character you know?

Although I wouldn't like to have that 'character' all the time.  

xStephanx

]Impetigo[

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:36 pm
I almost never wear black. I hope to remedy this problem in the future, but for now I think I'll stick with wearing bright red and smiling sinisterly.

I think that clothes do not necessarily make the person. Ditto for make-up and jewelry. I mean, I like dark and eccentric things, and yet because I persist in wearing cheap, but comfortable clothing, I'm considered simply slobbish, not generically Goth-ish.

Still...wearing all black would be much simpler. No need to sort clothes by color or worry about what to wear. 3nodding

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff